This is BX @ Boxden.com

Official Rare/Obcure/Underrated/NON-Mainstream Film thread.

Official Rare/Obcure/Underrated/NON-Mainstream Film thread.
 01-11-2011, 11:54 AMaway - #141
Illstreet 36 heat pts36

d 
space
$17,325 | POWERFUL
Oh yeah, at the very least I have to put this one out there... One of the most revelatory, bizarre, intriguing, disturbing and eventually haunting films I've ever seen... One of the greatest stories of one's art, even if it's not considered socially acceptable or sick, helping one to overcome the hell that their existence and circumstances are or were...

Some Samples to Draw Interest:

Last edited by Illstreet; 01-11-2011 at 11:56 AM..
 01-11-2011, 03:40 PMaway - #142
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992
Originally Posted by Gravediggaz
also that vampire one can't remember the name has walken in it and fredro starr from onyx...that was dope....same with R xmas

this is that movie i think...good ####...
 01-11-2011, 03:42 PMaway - #143
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992
Originally Posted by Illstreet
Fantastic Thread for the people who are just starting to broaden their horizons and see Film as an artform, and not just mindless entertainment... And are looking for help in finding the films they need to see...

I'd love to contribute, but I'm not sure I have the energy...

But yeah, if you're just browsing this thread and are not sure... Take the leap.

Forgotten by who exactly?...

"Ran" is Cinema at it's highest levels.
forgotton by kurosawas own people the japanese....so a whole nation dude...kurosawa never was as popular in japan as he was internationally...i never understood why...but yeah RAN is a masterpiece
 01-11-2011, 03:44 PMaway - #144
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992
Originally Posted by smokeweed101.
Yea, I'll drop some later, mostly dark comedies if that is your thing.

Check out Scorsese's After Hours, funny, dark, surreal, underrated.

as ususal you always on point...co-sign after hours. hilarious
 01-11-2011, 03:51 PMaway - #145
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992
The Gritty Seventies. Before cinema went to ####, Nicholson, Pacino, DeNiro, Hackman, Scorsese, Altman, Lumet, Cassavettes etc. all in their prime :wow:.

Pacino's career starter, a gritty dramatic look at drug abuse in the city.

[code]This movie is a stark portrayal of life among a group of heroin addicts who hang out in "Needle Park" in New York City[/code]

[code]A drop-out from upper-class America picks up work along the way on oil-rigs when his life isn't spent in a squalid succession of bars[/code]

[code]Two Navy men are ordered to bring a young offender to prison but decide to show him one last good time along the way.[/code]

[code]A small-time hood struggles to succeed on the "mean streets" of Little Italy.[/code]

[code]Dramatization of the Starkweather-Fugate k!lling spree of the 1950's[/code]

[code]A proud strip club owner is forced to come to terms with himself as a man, when his gambling addiction gets him in hot water with the mob[/code]

[code]Harold, a prosperous English gangster, is about to close a lucrative new deal when b0mbs start showing up in very inconvenient places[/code]

[code]In New York, armed men hijack a subway car and demand a ransom for the passengers. Even if it's paid, how could they get away? [/code]

[code]Detective Philip Marlowe tries to help a friend who is accused of murd3ring his wife.[/code]

[code]The true story about an honest New York cop who blew the whistle on rampant corruption in the force only to have his comrades turn against him.[/code]
i beat ya to the long good friday, check page 3 or 4 :dancingcool: but again great ####...we do have similar tastes...Not many movies you dropped i disagree with
 01-11-2011, 03:58 PMaway - #146
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992
Originally Posted by TheBallDontLie
I hated Gerry (Which i get it).

at Elephant, too. I did read something interesting by the cover choice and that scene, though.
what did you read?
 01-11-2011, 04:08 PMaway - #147
TheBallDontLie 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$9,811 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by obscuro77
what did you read?
First of all i apologise for my poor English...

Most of the people who saw the movie,thought that the scene of acadia's kiss,was meaningless(including myself).Soon after i saw the movie i saw its trailer and its cover.The cover has,as most of you know,the picture of acadia's kiss,and the trailer ends with the same scene.

From the time i saw the trailer and the cover i was wondering why van sant chose for main scene and cover,a scene that looked meaningless to me."It should have a meaning,it must be symbolic!"i thought. After lots of thinking i think i found the answer...It's a bit complicated and some of you may find it far-feched,but that's my opinion.

The scene:john enters an empty room and start's to cry.Then they have a small conversation which is,at last,meaningful.In my mind i related their conversation with the movie's theme,the problem of school massacres.Try to relate the problem with the conversation.John's cry is the unbending of the problem.John hasn't any clear reason to cry,at least not an important one (his father's alcoholism is a long-term and old problem),and so do the school massacres(the director as well dosen'e present the root of the problem).Acadia plays the role of society.She shows interest in john("whats up?"),notices john's crying("you cry..."),asks him why he cries but only kisses him and leave.She does the same thing as society with the massacres,is aware of the problem and it's unbending,tries to find the reason of the problem but dosen't do enough to solve it.As a kiss won't stop john's crying,society isn't doing enough to stop the massacres.Also,when john is asked why he cries he answers "i don't know",as the massacres don't have any specific reason,so does john cry without any serious one.

I hope that you will agree with my point and that you won't find it crazy or far-feched.I am waiting for your replies...

Bill,Athens.Greece
I was just reading the IMDB reviews to see why people thought this movie was so good. That break down on that on key scene is pretty brilliant, I'll say.

To me its a piece of #### movie, IMO. Would like smokeweed101 thoughts.

Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 01-11-2011 at 04:11 PM..
 01-11-2011, 04:28 PMaway - #148
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992

mesmerizing documentary of Henry Darger. Life long recluse artist known for his 15, 143 page fantasy manuscript entitled "the story of the vivian girls, in what is known as the realms of the unreal, of glandeco-angelinnian war storm, caused by the child slave rebellion. Using watercolors and drawings to illistrate his story. very surreal...

This is especially for you smokeweed...check it if you havent already seen it
 01-11-2011, 04:39 PMaway - #149
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992
I was just reading the IMDB reviews to see why people thought this movie was so good. That break down on that on key scene is pretty brilliant, I'll say.

yeah i second that...i think that breakdown was def on point...what i liked abt this movie was how van sant presented it...no sympathy towards the characters...we as the audience are sitting in on a day in the life of kids at a random high school, nothing to draw sympathy from or develop emotion for the characters...
 01-11-2011, 04:49 PMaway - #150
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099763/
one of the best movies ever made about a serial k!ller in my opinion...we see the story unfold totally from henrys point of view...and right away you can easily see how emotionless and cold he is...I like how the film asks for no sympathy for henry. The way he goes about k!lling is so easy so ordinary for him...creeped me out...Michael Rooker is great

Last edited by obscuro77; 01-12-2011 at 11:45 AM..
 01-11-2011, 04:53 PMaway - #151
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992
props smokeweed for the original wicker man...check the directors cut on that version...great great cult film
 01-11-2011, 05:13 PMaway - #152
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094336/
masterpiece British comedy about two down on their luck actors in 1969 trying to recapture the glory days of the early 60's...neurotic, wordy, extremely hilarious...a must see for anyone

Last edited by obscuro77; 01-12-2011 at 11:46 AM..
 01-11-2011, 05:14 PMaway - #153
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL

I haven't seen Elephant, I will get back to you in a few months, maybe like #6,900,845 on my list.
 01-11-2011, 05:16 PMaway - #154
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL

mesmerizing documentary of Henry Darger. Life long recluse artist known for his 15, 143 page fantasy manuscript entitled "the story of the vivian girls, in what is known as the realms of the unreal, of glandeco-angelinnian war storm, caused by the child slave rebellion. Using watercolors and drawings to illistrate his story. very surreal...

This is especially for you smokeweed...check it if you havent already seen it
In the realms of the unreal, gotcha. There is a working poster.
 01-11-2011, 05:19 PMaway - #155
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL

one of the best movies ever made about a serial k!ller in my opinion...we see the story unfold totally from henrys point of view...and right away you can easily see how emotionless and cold he is...I like how the film asks for no sympathy for henry. The way he goes about k!lling is so easy so ordinary for him...creeped me out...Michael Rooker is great
I have that but haven't seen it, love Lambs and Psycho as far as serial k!lling. On that note check out Peeping Tom as posted a few pages back, Michal Powell film that led to his fall (people were too shocked by it).
 01-11-2011, 05:20 PMaway - #156
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL

masterpiece British comedy about two down on their luck actors in 1969 trying to recapture the glory days of the early 60's...neurotic, wordy, extremely hilarious...a must see for anyone
Damn, I appreciate the help but now I gotta eliminate that from my black comedy list. I recommend Withnail & I as well though.
 01-11-2011, 05:30 PMaway - #157
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL
Any of you ####ers check out "The Cook, The Theive, His Wife, And Her Lover"? First movie I posted.

Peter Greenaway's best, let me just point out one scene:

A Woman asks the cook to cook a corpse, and he does it, then she....you just have to see.

The artistic value is high, great use of color, color is actually the main tool, the costumes change colors in each room. Red in the kitchen, white in the bathroom etc. Its great surreal dark comedy/drama.
 01-11-2011, 05:31 PMaway - #158
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992
I have that but haven't seen it, love Lambs and Psycho as far as serial k!lling. On that note check out Peeping Tom as posted a few pages back, Michal Powell film that led to his fall (people were too shocked by it).
yeah peeping tom is on my list...gotta check that one
 01-11-2011, 05:32 PMaway - #159
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL
Oh and 3 Women if you enjoy those mentally unst@ble/lesbian connections as shown in Mulholland/Persona/Perfect Blue/Black Swan. It is a classic, must see.

I am going to take a break from posting films to actually watch some of these, I wish I had more weed.
 01-11-2011, 05:33 PMaway - #160
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992
Any of you ####ers check out "The Cook, The Theive, His Wife, And Her Lover"? First movie I posted.

Peter Greenaway's best, let me just point out one scene:

A Woman asks the cook to cook a corpse, and he does it, then she....you just have to see.

The artistic value is high, great use of color, color is actually the main tool, the costumes change colors in each room. Red in the kitchen, white in the bathroom etc. Its great surreal dark comedy/drama.
not yet....hey you check that brazilian film i dropped 1st or second page "man of the year" look for the scene with dudes girlfriend that #### gives him a ####ed up birthday gift...check it please

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
BOX Manny Pacquiao vs Chris Algieri[11-22-14][HBO-PPV]
555 comments
NBA barkleys response to cousins "he can't whoop my ass"
51 comments
NBA LeQueef With Monster Rebound
61 comments
 NBA Can The Problem Actually Be Lebron?
New reply 8 minutes ago - 76 comments - by tygamann1
 Image(s) inside J.coles Fiancée
New reply 18 minutes ago - 141 comments - by incenso
  Old School Video Games That Would Make Good Movies
New reply 13 minutes ago - 56 comments - by TrillTalk404
 NFL Aaron Rodgers Is On Another Level. Literally. (pro Foo...
New reply 19 minutes ago - 98 comments - by EGO
 Image(s) inside Quavo Got Two Brand New Yrn Chains
New reply 17 minutes ago - 180 comments - by JNumbaNC
 Image(s) inside Janice Dickinson Submits A 1982 Photo Of Bill Cosby In...
New reply 22 minutes ago - 111 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Video inside Migos & Fans Response To Dc Goons For Doing The In...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 101 comments - by JNumbaNC
 MMA Ufc Fight Night 57: Edgar Vs. Swanson Official Discus...
New reply 28 minutes ago - 122 comments - by Gramz

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,860 fans of BX | none new today 4,808 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.