This is BX @ Boxden.com


Official Rare/Obcure/Underrated/NON-Mainstream Film thread.


 Official Rare/Obcure/Underrated/NON-Mainstream Film thread.
 01-12-2011, 10:26 AMaway - #181
obscuro77 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,321 | 5258992


great gritty crime trilogy...love this style worth checking out

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117407/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0396184/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425379/

Last edited by obscuro77; 01-12-2011 at 10:55 AM..
 01-12-2011, 11:08 AMaway - #182
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by obscuro77
cut me a lil slack...was mentioning a fave of mine...but yeah i'll get back on track
Yea I know it is one of my top 10 favorite movies (OUATITW that is), I think everyone should see that film, but then I don't want this to be any old list your favorite movies thread.
 01-12-2011, 11:10 AMaway - #183
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by obscuro77
how do we request a sticky for this thread?
I don't know who mods this place? Looks like it is going to !! though, it is like a News/Pics Jukebox where guys post crap for props and hot topics.

Add in the fact that only like 5 people even come around here, look at the views, a topic about Kim K gets more views in a day than this has all this week.
 01-12-2011, 11:28 AMaway - #184
TheBallDontLie 18 heat pts18

  d 
space
$9,811 | POWERFUL
As of now, it not being sticky is a good thing since mods made a horrible decision of making those threads at the bottom.
 01-12-2011, 01:13 PMaway - #185
obscuro77 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,321 | 5258992


cult classic...worth seeing. joan crawford and bette davis burned out characters mirrored their real life fall from stardom...make no mistake this is a bette davis movie all the way, she steals all the scenes shes in.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056687/


underrated vietnam war story...sean penn is stellar in this...this movie was lost in the shuffle with the overrated platoon taking honors...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097027/


not to be slept on...christopher walken and sean penn are on FIRE in this...another slept on gem

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090670/



another slept on film...James Caan is great...nice chicago scenery circa 1980

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083190/
smokeweed mentioned Dead Ringers by canadian director David Cronenberg...got me thinking about him. I'm a Cronenberg fan...here are others by him



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120907/


i know i know smokeweed this is a bit mainstream but its a great film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765443/


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081455/


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073705/
 01-12-2011, 01:31 PMaway - #186
obscuro77 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,321 | 5258992
Originally Posted by smokeweed101.
I don't know who mods this place? Looks like it is going to !! though, it is like a News/Pics Jukebox where guys post crap for props and hot topics.

Add in the fact that only like 5 people even come around here, look at the views, a topic about Kim K gets more views in a day than this has all this week.
hopefully this thread will open a few more eyes...if not F**K em. This has DEF been extremely useful for me, so much to see!! Props to all the people coming here discussing and contributing
 01-12-2011, 01:35 PMaway - #187
TheBallDontLie 18 heat pts18

  d 
space
$9,811 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by obscuro77
hopefully this thread will open a few more eyes...if not F**K em. This has DEF been extremely useful for me, so much to see!! Props to all the people coming here discussing and contributing
Groundbreaking thread. Anti-celebrity gossip!
 01-12-2011, 03:25 PMaway - #188
carltouss619 8 heat pts

  d 
space
$8,467 | POWERFUL
Hopefully people will stick to the title of the thread and stop posting movies that are widely known for example Eastern Promises
 01-12-2011, 03:31 PMaway - #189
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL
Yea eXistenZ, Scanners, Dead Ringers, Videodrome, nak3d Lunch. All good Cronenberg mentioned here, Eastern Promises isn't vintage Cronenberg for my tastes. Might I add in


[code]A man tries to uncover an unconventional psychologist's therapy techniques on his institutionalized wife, while a series of brutal attacks ...[/code]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078908/

[code]A man awakens from a coma to discover he has a psychic detective ability. [/code]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085407/
 01-12-2011, 03:33 PMaway - #190
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by carltouss619
Hopefully people will stick to the title of the thread and stop posting movies that are widely known for example Eastern Promises
I was out shoveling but I will post some more in a second.
 01-12-2011, 03:59 PMaway - #191
obscuro77 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,321 | 5258992
Originally Posted by carltouss619
Hopefully people will stick to the title of the thread and stop posting movies that are widely known for example Eastern Promises
have you looked at ANY of the other movies ive posted in this thread? I'm sure you will find something of your liking that sticks to the title of this thread...cut me some slack...

you have any movie drops?

Last edited by obscuro77; 01-12-2011 at 04:03 PM..
 01-12-2011, 04:02 PMaway - #192
obscuro77 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,321 | 5258992
Originally Posted by smokeweed101.
Yea eXistenZ, Scanners, Dead Ringers, Videodrome, nak3d Lunch. All good Cronenberg mentioned here, Eastern Promises isn't vintage Cronenberg for my tastes. Might I add in


[code]A man tries to uncover an unconventional psychologist's therapy techniques on his institutionalized wife, while a series of brutal attacks ...[/code]



[code]A man awakens from a coma to discover he has a psychic detective ability. [/code]
co-sign dead zone. putting brood on my list...one more cronenberg



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076590/
 01-12-2011, 04:06 PMaway - #193
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL
I think the Brood is the best of his early low budget films (Rabid, Scanners, Shivers, etc.). He became the man in 83 with Videodrome though.
 01-12-2011, 04:17 PMaway - #194
obscuro77 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,321 | 5258992
Originally Posted by smokeweed101.
I think the Brood is the best of his early low budget films (Rabid, Scanners, Shivers, etc.). He became the man in 83 with Videodrome though.
would you say videodrome is his best work? Or would you say Dead ringers?
 01-12-2011, 04:22 PMaway - #195
obscuro77 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,321 | 5258992
off to teach sign language class...I'll be back to post more deaf cinema and films based around deaf culture...
 01-12-2011, 04:30 PMaway - #196
MidNiteBlues 18 heat pts18

  d 
space
$4,452 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by smokeweed101.
I don't know who mods this place? Looks like it is going to !! though, it is like a News/Pics Jukebox where guys post crap for props and hot topics.

Add in the fact that only like 5 people even come around here, look at the views, a topic about Kim K gets more views in a day than this has all this week.
Seriously. And yo some dude just made a thread about this !! complaining prob to get the attentions of some mods or whatever, and within !!in 10 mins it was gone without a trace. Didn't even have a "deleted because" tag... straight bull !! yo.
 01-12-2011, 04:53 PMaway - #197
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by obscuro77
would you say videodrome is his best work? Or would you say Dead ringers?
I keep going back and forth, I honestly can't choose. Dead Ringers has better writing but Videodrome has better camera work.
 01-12-2011, 04:54 PMaway - #198
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by MidNiteBlues
Seriously. And yo some dude just made a thread about this !! complaining prob to get the attentions of some mods or whatever, and within !!in 10 mins it was gone without a trace. Didn't even have a "deleted because" tag... straight bull !! yo.
wtf? What did it say lol. Mods are on that mafia !!, they know the gossip gets them more hits. Boxden selling out.
 01-12-2011, 06:23 PMaway - #199
carltouss619 8 heat pts

  d 
space
$8,467 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by obscuro77
have you looked at ANY of the other movies ive posted in this thread? I'm sure you will find something of your liking that sticks to the title of this thread...cut me some slack...

you have any movie drops?
But Eastern Promises though like really? This is boxden all it takes is one person to go off course and boom there goes the intended direction of the thread.
 01-12-2011, 07:31 PMaway - #200
obscuro77 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,321 | 5258992
Originally Posted by MidNiteBlues
Seriously. And yo some dude just made a thread about this !! complaining prob to get the attentions of some mods or whatever, and within !!in 10 mins it was gone without a trace. Didn't even have a "deleted because" tag... straight bull !! yo.
straight up bull!!
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA WC 1ST ROUND-Portland Trailblazer (5) @ Houston Rockets ..
105 comments
NBA Official Washington Wizards(5) vs Chicago Bulls(4) First..
652 comments
NBA Pero Had The Pacers Shook (Bout That Life) (pic)
61 comments
 Image(s) inside [chi Wire] Chief Keef Claiming His Old Hood Again? #400
New reply 43 seconds ago - 113 comments - by sdot216
 NBA Jordan Finally Takes Picture With Chamillionaire (pic)
New reply 10 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Dray
  Apr 19 - Inmates To Strike In Alabama, Declare Prison ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 51 comments - by Weilli
 NBA Blake Griffin Purposely Dumps Water On Warriors Fan (v...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 84 comments - by theinitiAL
  Young Thug Finally Admits To Being Gay:"broke Up ...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 106 comments - by YSPromoshunz
 MMA Ufc On Fox 11: Werdum Vs. Browne
New reply 24 minutes ago - 281 comments - by Jago
 Image(s) inside These 11's Tho>>>>>
New reply 7 minutes ago - 119 comments - by Edakid
 Article inside Nas' Album Sales: From "illmatic" To "l...
New reply 26 minutes ago - 83 comments - by dead or alive

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,705 fans of BX and 3 new today 4,651 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.