This is BX @ Boxden.com

Marvels Joe Quesada - Agent Coulson to return as The Vison ? + Tony Starks importance to Marvel

Marvels Joe Quesada - Agent Coulson to return as The Vison ? + Tony Starks importance to Marvel
topic by bigscore - 05-22-2012, 10:16 AM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot

Marvel's Joe Quesada discusses rumors of Agent Coulson begin transformed to The Vision and the importance of Tony Stark in the Marvel comic universe...

"Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada was in the UK this past weekend at the Kapow! Comic Convention, and talk soon turned to the fate of Agent Coulson. He also discusses the importance of Tony Stark to Marvel and reveals which studio holds the rights to Namor.
Josh Wilding - 5/21/2012

There has been a lot of talk recently about Marvel Studios bringing back Clark Gregg's Agent Coulson as the Vision after his tragic de@th at the hands of Loki in Marvel's The Avengers. It started off as a rumoured extra after-credits scene and soon took on a life of its own, with MTV even compiling a list featuring their thoughts on why they think it's a likely development in the history of the popular character who made his debut in 2008's Iron Man. During the Avengers Vs. X-Men panel on Sunday at the Kapow! Comic Convention in London, Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada had this to say when asked about the theory.

"The fans desire for him to become the Vision? I dunno man, it doesn't feel right. That's strictly just fan speak. I don't where that came from. I heard that for the first time yesterday. So, nah...no comment!"

He then went on to talk about making Coulson a part of the comic book universe and how that (and the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series) are a way of him being able to live on. As for the importance of Tony Stark, the panel (which also comprised of C.B Cebulski and Kieron Gillen) discussed how his role in the Marvel Universe has changed massively since both Civil War and the Iron Man movie. They acknowledged that he has become as popular as Spider-Man, and Quesada made it clear just how important the Armoured Avenger is to them.

"Iron Man is it. He's the icon. Everything revolves around Tony Stark for us right now. I think a part of the wonderful draw of The Avengers movie was that people wanted to see Downey go play that character. He's really beloved, so yes, he's very, very important to us."

On Saturday (during the Cup O' Joe panel) Quesada was also quizzed on how it was decided which characters belonged to the other studios when Marvel sold the rights to the likes of Spider-Man and the X-Men. He revealed that lists were made when they were sold, and that a character's first appearance often dictates which "family" they belong to. There are some exceptions he explained - for example, it was decided that the Kingpin was a Daredevil villain despite first appearing in an issue of The Amazing Spider-Man - and emphasised that it's a very complicated process. However, he did confirm that, to the best of his knowledge, the rights to Namor the Sub-Mariner are held by Marvel Studios. Quesada was unable to reveal which movies are on the way, but said that they are meeting soon and that there will be some very exciting announcements for fans, although the their main focus is on developing "tentpole" movies rather than those focusing on obscure characters"

Comic Book Movies: Superhero Movies, The Avengers, Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, Captain America, Green Lantern, Thor, X-Men First Class, Iron Man 3

Latest Movies Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

6 comments for "The Avenger's - Agent Coulson to return as The Vison ? + Tony Starks importance to Marvel"

05-22-2012, 01:07 PMaway - #2
bigscore 1220 heat pts1220

d 
space
$5,438 | POWERFUL

=

05-22-2012, 02:56 PMaway - #3
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts

d 
space
$4,141 | 12561817
I was surprised they k!lled off Agent Colston in the Avengers (I hope this isn't a spoiler to anyone, since they read the main article of this thread ).. He's been in every movie Marvel studios has made so far and they just k!lled him off.. Was kinda weird
 05-22-2012, 03:01 PMaway - #4
Heisenberg 76 heat pts76

d 
space
$7,495 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by bigscore

=

no sir
 05-22-2012, 10:25 PMaway - #5
minnesota763 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,704 | 5928029
Originally Posted by Nu Tymez
I was surprised they k!lled off Agent Colston in the Avengers (I hope this isn't a spoiler to anyone, since they read the main article of this thread ).. He's been in every movie Marvel studios has made so far and they just k!lled him off.. Was kinda weird
they left it open ended to me? they can bring him back if they wanted... why would nick fury lie about the cards being on him when he died when it was in his locker? to give them the extra push? or did they save him and nick needed to lie? throughout the movie, shield has alot of secrets.
 05-22-2012, 11:03 PMonline - #6
RAZAH CUTS 2810 heat pts2810

d 
space
$41,158 | POWERFUL
 05-23-2012, 07:45 AMaway - #7
zhiggeman 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,611 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by minnesota763
they left it open ended to me? they can bring him back if they wanted... why would nick fury lie about the cards being on him when he died when it was in his locker? to give them the extra push? or did they save him and nick needed to lie? throughout the movie, shield has alot of secrets.
plus where the hell the blood come from.. remember he kept looking at them and the medics did get there in time to save him.. i can't see him being anything but MOVIE dead. so that means he can come back.. but as vision.. ey..

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Microsoft Investigating Xbox Owners for Fraudulently Refunding ..
76 comments
NBA Carmelo Anthony busts a nut in Lebron's eye (video)
87 comments
NFL Dallas Cowboys fans are losing their minds
52 comments
 NBA Official Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers Vs Chicago Bull
New reply 20 seconds ago - 99 comments - by Akira Son Bio
 Image(s) inside Oct 28 - Life Under Obama Sucks. And These Numbers Pro...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 96 comments - by KFrizzle
 NBA Confirmed: Russell Westbrook Has A Small Fracture In H...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 68 comments - by NoMenace
 Video inside Before Dej Loaf Would Get Your Whole "fombily&quo...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 141 comments - by lilbeast
 Video inside Throwback: Iggy Azalea Refuses To Freestyle On Sway In...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 137 comments - by The Bully
 audio inside Nas - The Season (full Version)
New reply 9 minutes ago - 110 comments - by MANNYSOSA
 NBA Josh Smith Responds To Kenneth Faried, Calls Him ‘a Cl...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 64 comments - by T.O.N.Y.
 Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj's Boyfriend Responds To Drake & Wayne ...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 82 comments - by Frankybaby

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,832 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.