This is BX @ Boxden.com


Looper Questions (MAJOR SPOILERS!!)


 Looper Questions (MAJOR SPOILERS!!)
topic by popsjenkins - 10-01-2012, 08:25 AM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot


I do not feel like using spoiler tags so if you have not seen the movie please do not read further.


Seriously, If you continue on, don't complain if it's ruined for you.






Is it possible that Joe is actually Cid? There is evidence against it but at the same time it could be true.


Was Jeff Bridges character and Big Blue actually the same person? They never showed Jeff Bridges Foot to see if it was shot off, but they did have a weird relationship.

How did Sarah know so much about loopers?

Wasn't the scene with old Seth losing the body parts just awesome??

Did Jeff Bridges set up Joe by telling him to go to China instead of France?


Post others if you have them


Latest Movies Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

67 comments for "Looper Questions (MAJOR SPOILERS!!)"


 10-01-2012, 10:08 AMonline - #2
r.burgundy 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$30,683 | POWERFUL
i wanna know why bruce didnt start losing limbs and #### like future seth

and didnt really understand that whole k## yourself and get 30 bars of gold bit
 10-01-2012, 10:32 AMaway - #3
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26

  d 
space
$2,640 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by r.burgundy
i wanna know why bruce didnt start losing limbs and #### like future seth

and didnt really understand that whole k## yourself and get 30 bars of gold bit
They were cutting the limbs off of young Seth once they got him out of Joe's floor safe. That's why they were disappearing from Old Seth

I think they did 30 bars of gold because not only are you k!lling yourself but that will also be your last job. It's like severance pay.
 10-01-2012, 10:53 AMaway - #4
Solidus 

  d 
space
$1,538 | 3044867
Originally Posted by popsjenkins
I do not feel like using spoiler tags so if you have not seen the movie please do not read further.


Seriously, If you continue on, don't complain if it's ruined for you.






Is it possible that Joe is actually Cid? There is evidence against it but at the same time it could be true.

I thought the same thing before i realized, that if he was sid, he would of disappeared with bruce - in that time paradox or whatever


How did Sarah know so much about loopers?

its like 2040, everyone who is not a bum knows of them it seems, kinda like FBI - if you follow or its possible that sids father was a looper



Did Jeff Bridges set up Joe by telling him to go to China instead of France?

This is possible but it think he just ment it as..... look i been too the future - china Flourishs much more then france, the rainman in the future would of hunted him down if it was china or france tho

Post others if you have them



This movie ties up all the loose ends , i just have one problem

early in the movie - joe states that he doesnt care about anybuddy but himself

why did he care at the end - his transition from not caring to caring was kinda fast.
 10-01-2012, 11:14 AMaway - #5
One-O-One 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,561 | 17729154
Cool

Originally Posted by popsjenkins
Is it possible that Joe is actually Cid? There is evidence against it but at the same time it could be true.
Nah, I dont think so. I do wish they showed a Old Cid/Rainmaker at some point in the movie. An evil version and/or a good version at the end of the movie.


Originally Posted by popsjenkins
Was Jeff Bridges character and Big Blue actually the same person? They never showed Jeff Bridges Foot to see if it was shot off, but they did have a weird relationship.
You mean Jeff Daniels, but that would be wild. I have to see the movie again to catch some clues.


Originally Posted by popsjenkins
How did Sarah know so much about loopers?
I wonder about that too. I guess loopers may not be much of a secret in that time. But i remember young Joe explaining time travel to Sarah so i dunno.

Originally Posted by popsjenkins
Wasn't the scene with old Seth losing the body parts just awesome??
After that scene, I was hoping I wouldn't see Old Joe start to lose body parts lol. That would've been rough to see for a main character in a movie.


Originally Posted by popsjenkins
Did Jeff Bridges set up Joe by telling him to go to China instead of France?
I think that was a inside joke maybe about how France may not be st@ble in the future. The usual currency throughout the movie was silver, gold, and Renminbi (Chinese dollars). So I'm a$suming the US Dollar fell pretty hard. And if the USA falls, Europe is falling with it. But you could be right b/c Jeff Daniels is from the future also so he may want Joe on a particular path so Rainmaker has an eye on him.
 10-01-2012, 11:58 AMaway - #6
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26

  d 
space
$2,640 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Solidus

I thought the same thing before i realized, that if he was sid, he would of disappeared with bruce - in that time paradox or whatever


This movie ties up all the loose ends , i just have one problem

early in the movie - joe states that he doesnt care about anybuddy but himself

why did he care at the end - his transition from not caring to caring was kinda fast.
I think only the future self dies in that case, not the past self. If young Joe Dies then old Joe can't exist, but if Sid is young Joe, he has not lived to the point where he would die yet.


I also think he began to care because he saw himself in Sid:

Joe's mother was a junkie that gave him up - So was Sid's, so Joe began to relate. Plus Sarah gave up that cookie and that flipped his #### real quick too.
 10-01-2012, 12:03 PMonline - #7
r.burgundy 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$30,683 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by popsjenkins
They were cutting the limbs off of young Seth once they got him out of Joe's floor safe. That's why they were disappearing from Old Seth

I think they did 30 bars of gold because not only are you k!lling yourself but that will also be your last job. It's like severance pay.
so if u k!lled your future self,then u still lived?
 10-01-2012, 12:21 PMaway - #8
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26

  d 
space
$2,640 | POWERFUL
correct, that was partly the basis of the film, the loopers were k!lling their future selves to close the loop.
 10-01-2012, 12:28 PMaway - #9
keen77 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,243 | 16627030
yeah and old joe didn't lose limbs and get disfigured and stuff like old cid because the address old cid went to where he was shot by the looper thugs, if you notice, young cid was inside being torture. so young cid's arms being cut off would result in the loss of old cid's arms, et cetera
 10-01-2012, 02:42 PMaway - #10
One-O-One 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,561 | 17729154
Cool

Originally Posted by r.burgundy
so if u k!lled your future self,then u still lived?

Yep. You'd live long enough to see your younger self k!ll you. a never ending loop i suppose.
 10-01-2012, 04:52 PMonline - #11
killababi 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$7,394 | 18544766
Originally Posted by One-O-One
Yep. You'd live long enough to see your younger self k!ll you. a never ending loop i suppose.
yea it was a neverending loop if u remember, the 1st time Joe got away, he had the bars on his back and managed to escape, the second time, he k!lled himself right away, and the 3rd time he escaped again, so ( the way i took it ) he made different decisions multiple times, but he actually had to live throughout all of those years again, until he got to the point where he was supposed to k!ll himself. The only way to truly close the loop was to k!ll his present self so his future self would never exist. Which is why him starting to care so soon isnt shocking, because in that reality, it took him about 90 years to get there.
 10-01-2012, 05:36 PMaway - #12
I_GOT_DAT_PIFF 

  d 
space
$23 | 1
Originally Posted by killababi
yea it was a neverending loop if u remember, the 1st time Joe got away, he had the bars on his back and managed to escape, the second time, he k!lled himself right away, and the 3rd time he escaped again, so ( the way i took it ) he made different decisions multiple times, but he actually had to live throughout all of those years again, until he got to the point where he was supposed to k!ll himself. The only way to truly close the loop was to k!ll his present self so his future self would never exist. Which is why him starting to care so soon isnt shocking, because in that reality, it took him about 90 years to get there.
wait i don't undrestand. how does the first loop continue tho if the future joe gets away? i thought the loop only goes if you k!ll your future self, thereby creating a definite future scenario?
 10-01-2012, 05:57 PMonline - #13
r.burgundy 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$30,683 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by One-O-One
Yep. You'd live long enough to see your younger self k!ll you. a never ending loop i suppose.
so tha present self would live for 30 years after they k!lled their future self?
 10-01-2012, 06:18 PMaway - #14
One-O-One 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,561 | 17729154
Cool

Originally Posted by r.burgundy
so tha present self would live for 30 years after they k!lled their future self?
yep. So the present self would live for 30 years, then wake up one day & get kidnapped by the mob. Then you'd get sent back 30 years in past via time machine to get a$sassinated by a younger version of yourself.

Its a never ending loop unless someone or something intervenes with that Loopers fate to change it.
 10-01-2012, 06:23 PMonline - #15
r.burgundy 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$30,683 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by One-O-One
yep. So the present self would live for 30 years, then wake up one day & get kidnapped by the mob. Then you'd get sent back 30 years in past via time machine to get a$sassinated by a younger version of yourself.

Its a never ending loop unless someone or something intervenes with that Loopers fate to change it.
it seems like they were kinda hintin in tha movie that kid blue mighta been abe.what do u think about that
 10-01-2012, 08:18 PMonline - #16
killababi 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$7,394 | 18544766
Originally Posted by I_GOT_DAT_PIFF
wait i don't undrestand. how does the first loop continue tho if the future joe gets away? i thought the loop only goes if you k!ll your future self, thereby creating a definite future scenario?
idk to be honest, i figured he mustve died at some point, but think about it also like this.....This is how i viewed it by the way......The first Joe got away, Young Joe was hunted down for thirty years, and managed to elude them, but after that time he was once again captured and sent back, and thats when he k!lled himself immediately. I dont necessarily think the future self has to be k!lled to keep the loop going. I think as long as the present Joe lives on, he will eventually be sent back that continues the loop

Last edited by killababi; 10-01-2012 at 08:27 PM..
 10-01-2012, 09:14 PMaway - #17
01seay 75 heat pts75

  d 
space
$19,155 | POWERFUL
I don't see how Kid Blue could be Abe.....remember the scene when Abe smashed Kid Blue's hand as a punishment? Why the hell would he hurt himself that severely, also wouldn't his future self instantly feel the permanent hand injury....kinda like the others with the arm cravings? ...but, also I don't remember/can picture Abe's facial expression/mood after smashing Kid Blue's hand.

I think Sara knew about the Loopers because she use to be a stripper/escort at that club the Loopers checked in at/partied at (or been there before and got hit on by Looper(s) with TK before) Sara always said she lived a bad life before the farm life.....constant clubbin'/stripping/escorting are all possibilities.




Last edited by 01seay; 11-02-2012 at 01:56 PM..
 10-01-2012, 10:51 PMonline - #18
micseles 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$7,031 | POWERFUL
Cant wait to see this, just gotta get a day off work

Im sure ill be back in this thread to discuss theories if it hasnt drifted into the abyss..
 10-01-2012, 10:51 PMonline - #19
micseles 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$7,031 | POWERFUL
Cant wait to see this, just gotta get a day off work

Im sure ill be back in this thread to discuss theories if it hasnt drifted into the abyss..
 10-02-2012, 05:17 AMaway - #20
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26

  d 
space
$2,640 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by killababi
yea it was a neverending loop if u remember, the 1st time Joe got away, he had the bars on his back and managed to escape, the second time, he k!lled himself right away, and the 3rd time he escaped again, so ( the way i took it ) he made different decisions multiple times, but he actually had to live throughout all of those years again, until he got to the point where he was supposed to k!ll himself. The only way to truly close the loop was to k!ll his present self so his future self would never exist. Which is why him starting to care so soon isnt shocking, because in that reality, it took him about 90 years to get there.
I don't think there were 3 different loops. I think that at the moment he actually k!lled future Joe was actually a jump back in time. I think there were only 2 loops.

The first loop, Joe actually k!lled future Joe and went on to live the 30 years where he was kidnapped and sent back and escaped.
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Why are Black & Red Jordans called BRED?
67 comments
Image inside  Jul 22 - World’s Second-Richest Man Calls For Three-D..
89 comments
Article inside  Philip Seymour Hoffman didn't want to leave any mone..
76 comments
 Image(s) inside Ridley Scott's Exodus: Gods And Kings, Has The Most Bl...
New reply 16 seconds ago - 195 comments - by Marccoogs19
 NBA Kobe Bryant Brings Atl Crowd Into A Frenzy
New reply 22 minutes ago - 73 comments - by Blessed
 NFL Robert Griffin Iii Gives Himself New Nickname
New reply 2 minutes ago - 151 comments - by italiansteve
 Image(s) inside *warning* People With Ocd - Do Not Enter!
New reply 27 minutes ago - 167 comments - by Die-Nasty
 NFL Jaws Top 30 Qb List
New reply 16 minutes ago - 248 comments - by tre0624
 Video inside Schmurda Say Ny Started Bangin Cuz Of Chiraq
New reply 32 minutes ago - 201 comments - by NoLastName
 Image(s) inside Kim K's Brother Admits To Being Aroused By Her....kany...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 131 comments - by HipHopFactz
 Image(s) inside Solve This Math Problem.....the Sequel
New reply 36 minutes ago - 88 comments - by MGz

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,757 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.