online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Ice Cube: Ride Along Was "Robbed" at MTV Movie Awards By Paul Walker "Sympathy Vote"

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

10 years ago '06        #1
8205 page views
0 comments

Tiger King  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 152912 152 K  Slaps total: 29779 29 K
icon Ice Cube: Ride Along Was "Robbed" at MTV Movie Awards By Paul Walker "Sympathy Vote"

Ice Cube has come under fire.

The rapper/actor told USA Today that he and Kevin Hart were "robbed" of the Best On-Screen Duo award at Sunday's MTV Movie Awards for their co-starring roles in Ride Along. The award went to Vin Diesel and the late Paul Walker for Fast & Furious 6 — a victory Ice Cube attributes to a "sympathy" vote by fans.

MTV Movie Awards pays tribute to Paul Walker

"We had the best chemistry of everybody nominated. For us not to win was crazy," Ice Cube tells USA Today. "They should have given it to [Walker] before he passed away. ... Shame on you, MTV."

Walker died in a car crash in November and was featured in a tribute at the Movie Awards.

Ice Cube also admitted that he left before the awards show was over, so that he could head home and watch the Los Angeles Lakers game on TV. "I just wasn't into it," he told USA Today. "I have been going in and out of these things for 25 years. If you ain't into it, why torture yourself? As soon as you get bored, get up and leave."

On Monday, after Walker fans expressed outrage, the rapper clarified his comments on Twitter, stating that he left the show when he was told that the category wasn't going to be televised and that he wasn't actually mad that he didn't win.

"I wasn't really mad we didn't win. So I would never diss the actors who won. Not even Paul Walker. Seriously people!" he tweeted, before writing, "Re: The sympathy vote: We should honor people before they die. That's all. Shame on you 'make something out of nothing' a$s reporters. Smh."

He added that he's not a sore loser because "I was born losing. This winning sh-- is what I gotta get use to. ... And Paul Walker fans don't trip. I was a fan too."

What do you think of Ice Cube's comments?

http://www.tvguide.com/Ne .. s=breakingnews
+1   

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now