This is BX @ Boxden.com

Hawkeye's Cameo Featured In 'Thor'

Hawkeye's Cameo Featured In 'Thor'
topic by SM - 05-08-2011, 05:32 AM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot

YouTube - Thor Hawkeye cameo (ALL of Hawkeye's scenes) Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton

Latest Movies Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

50 comments for "Hawkeye's Cameo Featured In 'Thor'"

05-08-2011, 07:44 AMaway - #2
Maroon_Tiger 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$40,716 | POWERFUL
the cameo was weak as ####... they didnt even say his name, dude wasnt in costume... nothing... but that scene that followed was EPIC
 05-08-2011, 08:40 AMaway - #3
B1aze 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,612 | 9557280
movie was tough all in all...

i like how they referenced tony starks and sheild
 05-08-2011, 09:19 AMaway - #4
specialaok 

d 
space
$185 | 18201386
Originally Posted by Maroon_Tiger
the cameo was weak as ####... they didnt even say his name, dude wasnt in costume... nothing... but that scene that followed was EPIC
things like this are put in the movie for the more serious fans to catch onto.
 05-08-2011, 09:22 AMaway - #5
insert.cliche 

d 
space
$1,230 | 4448753
i did get hyped when the hand grabbed at the bow n arrow instead of the piece. just sayin
 05-08-2011, 01:16 PMonline - #6
Plizaya J 1 heat pts

d 
space
$5,130 | 15473885
they called him barton, and hawkeye's name is clint barton
 05-08-2011, 01:20 PMaway - #7
Marccoogs19 45 heat pts45

d 
space
$5,231 | POWERFUL
Yeah they did call him by his last name. Plus I like how nonchalant they were with bringing him on. Im sure people who dont know bout Hawkeye, were probably like whats up with the dude from Hurt Locker?
 05-08-2011, 01:33 PMaway - #8
ThaReapa420 39 heat pts39

d 
space
$31,371 | POWERFUL
I was geeked as #### when he came in and c#cked that bow...the girl I was with was like "who's that" all I could do was facepalm
 05-08-2011, 01:36 PMaway - #9
VickVega 1 heat pts

d 
space
$3,544 | 10858388
I think that black guy Thor fought was Luke Cage.
 05-08-2011, 04:04 PMaway - #10
rashad0715 76 heat pts76

d 
space
$10,128 | POWERFUL
Such a pointless cameo.
 05-08-2011, 04:17 PMaway - #11
Scallinno 108 heat pts108

d 
space
$920 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by rashad0715
Such a pointless cameo.
Pointless? It est@blishes him in the marvel universe. Also sets him up to appear in the Avengers.
 05-08-2011, 04:42 PMaway - #12
minnesota763 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,685 | 5928028
Originally Posted by rashad0715
Such a pointless cameo.
it actually introduces him already helping out s.h.e.i.l.d. instead of throwing him into the avengers movie... im sure they haven't made a costume for hawkeye to wear in the avengers movie so i understand him not suiting up.

cameos even the mentioning of bruce banner in this movie was a plus.
 05-08-2011, 04:52 PMaway - #13
ThaReapa420 39 heat pts39

d 
space
$31,371 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by VickVega
I think that black guy Thor fought was Luke Cage.
No way was that my ni##a Power Man...when he hit Thor that ni##a woulda went SAILING...it'd be sweet as #### if it was tho...but I'm pretty sure Luke nor Iron Fist ever become agents of Shield...unless they were as New Avengers...which would be irrelevant at this point of these movies
 05-08-2011, 05:40 PMaway - #14
AirForce318 

d 
space
$10,329 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Marccoogs19
Yeah they did call him by his last name. Plus I like how nonchalant they were with bringing him on. Im sure people who dont know bout Hawkeye, were probably like whats up with the dude from Hurt Locker?
he was in SWAT too... i knew he had some backlog or something when he chose the crossbow over the gun... and Thor is much better than I thought it was...
 05-08-2011, 06:00 PMaway - #15
myword 1 heat pts

d 
space
$799 | 2103091
Originally Posted by Plizaya J
they called him barton, and hawkeye's name is clint barton
Originally Posted by Scallinno
Pointless? It est@blishes him in the marvel universe. Also sets him up to appear in the Avengers.
In the context of Thor's story it was pretty pointless. Fan service at best. Sure it's Hawkeye, a character comic book fans might be familiar with, but can you imagine the thought running through the mind of the rest of the audience? If you can't, then think if they spent precious seconds of celluloid time were wasted on introducing throwaway henchmen, agents and other pointless characters. What I hated about the cameo was also the fact it seemed to have been shot after the sequence had been canned. You never see Hawkeye interact in any way with any of the main or insignificant characters. It's like after Jeremy Renner had been cast for the Avengers Marvel thought "hey lets get a quick cameo from him in Thor so we can get some fans talking about it". Well it worked cause here we are talking about it.
 05-08-2011, 06:11 PMaway - #16
52:1 36 heat pts36

d 
space
$16,730 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by myword
In the context of Thor's story it was pretty pointless. Fan service at best. Sure it's Hawkeye, a character comic book fans might be familiar with, but can you imagine the thought running through the mind of the rest of the audience? If you can't, then think if they spent precious seconds of celluloid time were wasted on introducing throwaway henchmen, agents and other pointless characters. What I hated about the cameo was also the fact it seemed to have been shot after the sequence had been canned. You never see Hawkeye interact in any way with any of the main or insignificant characters. It's like after Jeremy Renner had been cast for the Avengers Marvel thought "hey lets get a quick cameo from him in Thor so we can get some fans talking about it". Well it worked cause here we are talking about it.
but Hawkeye was at 1 point a important character in Marvel's Main Continuity, and will become a important character in the Avengers series, it definitely was NOT pointless to show him.

the manner in which they showed him, yes, was pretty random but he was a agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. & S.H.I.E.L.D. WAS in the movie and played a key role.
 05-08-2011, 06:11 PMaway - #17
minnesota763 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,685 | 5928028
Originally Posted by myword
it is what it is... they like to show that its a marvel universe and characters/heroes exist outside of the story thats being shown.
 05-08-2011, 06:24 PMaway - #18
Exs 141 heat pts141

d 
space
$5,292 | POWERFUL
no one in the theater knew why I was clapping...
 05-08-2011, 06:41 PMaway - #19
Ca$h Out 33 heat pts33

d 
space
$24,439 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Exs
no one in the theater knew why I was clapping...
Really??

Didn't know people wasn't into hawkeye like that?
 05-08-2011, 06:41 PMaway - #20
GodsFavorite 60 heat pts60

d 
space
$5,224 | POWERFUL
y u mad at the cameo? it was a nice little nod for the fans and got me pumped for avengers

who cares if it was "needed" or not

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 Dominates Best Sell..
70 comments
why do so many people hate indie games?
58 comments
Coming soon to Xbox One Preview: An exclusive first look at EA ..
71 comments
 NFL Sherman Responds To Patrick Peterson's "you Mad B...
New reply 1 minute ago - 104 comments - by st21
 Video inside Man On 6 Train Starts Drawing Everybody On The Train A...
New reply 19 minutes ago - 55 comments - by local celebrity
  The "if I Got Paid A Dollar Every Time I Saw This...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 110 comments - by daddy31+2
 Image(s) inside Angela Simmons Wow
New reply 19 minutes ago - 97 comments - by WizDoM
 Image(s) inside Free Lil Reese
New reply 10 minutes ago - 201 comments - by WizLatifa
  Sony Says Ea Access Program Isn't "good Value"
New reply 27 minutes ago - 65 comments - by d2921
 Video inside Lil Wayne Attends Supperclub To Celebrate Mack Maine’s...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 116 comments - by Danny M
 NBA Is This Nigga Josh Gordon Serious B?
New reply 32 minutes ago - 51 comments - by Trapaveli

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,760 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.