This is BX @ Boxden.com


Hawkeye's Cameo Featured In 'Thor'

 Hawkeye's Cameo Featured In 'Thor'
topic by Steve - 05-08-2011, 06:32 AM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot







Latest Movies Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

50 comments for "Hawkeye's Cameo Featured In 'Thor'"


 05-08-2011, 08:44 AMonline - #2
Maroon_Tiger 13 heat pts13

  d 
space
$41,553 | POWERFUL
the cameo was weak as ####... they didnt even say his name, dude wasnt in costume... nothing... but that scene that followed was EPIC
 05-08-2011, 09:40 AMaway - #3
B1aze 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,682 | 9842148
movie was tough all in all...

i like how they referenced tony starks and sheild
 05-08-2011, 10:19 AMaway - #4
specialaok 

  d 
space
$183 | 18201386
Originally Posted by Maroon_Tiger
the cameo was weak as ####... they didnt even say his name, dude wasnt in costume... nothing... but that scene that followed was EPIC
things like this are put in the movie for the more serious fans to catch onto.
 05-08-2011, 10:22 AMaway - #5
insert.cliche 

  d 
space
$1,232 | 4448753
i did get hyped when the hand grabbed at the bow n arrow instead of the piece. just sayin
 05-08-2011, 02:16 PMaway - #6
Plizaya J 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,131 | 15473885
Originally Posted by Maroon_Tiger
the cameo was weak as ####... they didnt even say his name, dude wasnt in costume... nothing... but that scene that followed was EPIC
they called him barton, and hawkeye's name is clint barton
 05-08-2011, 02:20 PMonline - #7
Marccoogs19 56 heat pts56

  d 
space
$6,120 | POWERFUL
Yeah they did call him by his last name. Plus I like how nonchalant they were with bringing him on. Im sure people who dont know bout Hawkeye, were probably like whats up with the dude from Hurt Locker?
 05-08-2011, 02:33 PMaway - #8
ThaReapa420 42 heat pts42

  d 
space
$33,414 | POWERFUL
I was geeked as #### when he came in and c#cked that bow...the girl I was with was like "who's that" all I could do was facepalm
 05-08-2011, 02:36 PMaway - #9
VickVega 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,577 | 11004057
I think that black guy Thor fought was Luke Cage.
 05-08-2011, 05:04 PMaway - #10
rashad0715 76 heat pts76

  d 
space
$10,136 | POWERFUL
Such a pointless cameo.
 05-08-2011, 05:17 PMaway - #11
Scallinno 150 heat pts150

  d 
space
$1,039 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by rashad0715
Such a pointless cameo.
Pointless? It est@blishes him in the marvel universe. Also sets him up to appear in the Avengers.
 05-08-2011, 05:42 PMaway - #12
minnesota763 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,708 | 5928029
Originally Posted by rashad0715
Such a pointless cameo.
it actually introduces him already helping out s.h.e.i.l.d. instead of throwing him into the avengers movie... im sure they haven't made a costume for hawkeye to wear in the avengers movie so i understand him not suiting up.

cameos even the mentioning of bruce banner in this movie was a plus.
 05-08-2011, 05:52 PMaway - #13
ThaReapa420 42 heat pts42

  d 
space
$33,414 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by VickVega
I think that black guy Thor fought was Luke Cage.
No way was that my ni##a Power Man...when he hit Thor that ni##a woulda went SAILING...it'd be sweet as #### if it was tho...but I'm pretty sure Luke nor Iron Fist ever become agents of Shield...unless they were as New Avengers...which would be irrelevant at this point of these movies
 05-08-2011, 06:40 PMaway - #14
AirForce318 

  d 
space
$10,641 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Marccoogs19
Yeah they did call him by his last name. Plus I like how nonchalant they were with bringing him on. Im sure people who dont know bout Hawkeye, were probably like whats up with the dude from Hurt Locker?
he was in SWAT too... i knew he had some backlog or something when he chose the crossbow over the gun... and Thor is much better than I thought it was...
 05-08-2011, 07:00 PMaway - #15
myword 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$800 | 2103092
Originally Posted by Maroon_Tiger
the cameo was weak as ####... they didnt even say his name, dude wasnt in costume... nothing... but that scene that followed was EPIC
Originally Posted by Plizaya J
they called him barton, and hawkeye's name is clint barton
Originally Posted by Scallinno
Pointless? It est@blishes him in the marvel universe. Also sets him up to appear in the Avengers.
In the context of Thor's story it was pretty pointless. Fan service at best. Sure it's Hawkeye, a character comic book fans might be familiar with, but can you imagine the thought running through the mind of the rest of the audience? If you can't, then think if they spent precious seconds of celluloid time were wasted on introducing throwaway henchmen, agents and other pointless characters. What I hated about the cameo was also the fact it seemed to have been shot after the sequence had been canned. You never see Hawkeye interact in any way with any of the main or insignificant characters. It's like after Jeremy Renner had been cast for the Avengers Marvel thought "hey lets get a quick cameo from him in Thor so we can get some fans talking about it". Well it worked cause here we are talking about it.
 05-08-2011, 07:11 PMaway - #16
RNOTY 53 heat pts53

  d 
space
$20,917 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by myword
In the context of Thor's story it was pretty pointless. Fan service at best. Sure it's Hawkeye, a character comic book fans might be familiar with, but can you imagine the thought running through the mind of the rest of the audience? If you can't, then think if they spent precious seconds of celluloid time were wasted on introducing throwaway henchmen, agents and other pointless characters. What I hated about the cameo was also the fact it seemed to have been shot after the sequence had been canned. You never see Hawkeye interact in any way with any of the main or insignificant characters. It's like after Jeremy Renner had been cast for the Avengers Marvel thought "hey lets get a quick cameo from him in Thor so we can get some fans talking about it". Well it worked cause here we are talking about it.
but Hawkeye was at 1 point a important character in Marvel's Main Continuity, and will become a important character in the Avengers series, it definitely was NOT pointless to show him.

the manner in which they showed him, yes, was pretty random but he was a agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. & S.H.I.E.L.D. WAS in the movie and played a key role.
 05-08-2011, 07:11 PMaway - #17
minnesota763 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,708 | 5928029
Originally Posted by myword
In the context of Thor's story it was pretty pointless. Fan service at best. Sure it's Hawkeye, a character comic book fans might be familiar with, but can you imagine the thought running through the mind of the rest of the audience? If you can't, then think if they spent precious seconds of celluloid time were wasted on introducing throwaway henchmen, agents and other pointless characters. What I hated about the cameo was also the fact it seemed to have been shot after the sequence had been canned. You never see Hawkeye interact in any way with any of the main or insignificant characters. It's like after Jeremy Renner had been cast for the Avengers Marvel thought "hey lets get a quick cameo from him in Thor so we can get some fans talking about it". Well it worked cause here we are talking about it.
it is what it is... they like to show that its a marvel universe and characters/heroes exist outside of the story thats being shown.
 05-08-2011, 07:24 PMaway - #18
Exs 141 heat pts141

  d 
space
$5,295 | POWERFUL
no one in the theater knew why I was clapping...
 05-08-2011, 07:41 PMaway - #19
Ca$h Out 33 heat pts33

  d 
space
$24,439 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Exs
no one in the theater knew why I was clapping...
Really??

Didn't know people wasn't into hawkeye like that?
 05-08-2011, 07:41 PMaway - #20
GodsFavorite 63 heat pts63

  d 
space
$5,574 | POWERFUL
y u mad at the cameo? it was a nice little nod for the fans and got me pumped for avengers

who cares if it was "needed" or not
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL Eagles interested in trading for The CornFather this off..
58 comments
NBA Kobe Byrant Says His Legs Are Tired
76 comments
NFL Troy Aikman says on Dan Patrick Show that Joe Montana is..
67 comments
 Image(s) inside :minimestopit:
New reply 50 seconds ago - 77 comments - by Ari Gold
 Image(s) inside Pharrell Williams: Why Aren’t We Talking About Michael...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 107 comments - by Carlton Black
 BOX Floyd Already Demanding Rematch Clause If He Fights Pa...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 121 comments - by republican01
 NFL Richard Sherman & Doug Baldwin Sh-tting On The Lea...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 56 comments - by Hoop Dreams
 Video inside Nov 25 - Michael Brown Step Dad To Protestors:burn Thi...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 253 comments - by Carlton Black
  Chief Keef Weighs In On Mike Brown Case
New reply 6 minutes ago - 79 comments - by NoLastName
  Pitchfork: "eminem's Music Has Been Unrelievedly ...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 107 comments - by mdemaz
  Rick Ross Is "disappointed" That Timbaland L...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 67 comments - by MGz

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,863 fans of BX | none new today 4,812 following and 4 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.