Dual Survival Dave Canterbury fired?
|Dual Survival Dave Canterbury fired?|
I want to put this Dave Canterbury (aka "The Pathfinder") issue to bed. He was asked to leave, by ME. He had violated the advertising and self-promotion rule numerous times, but had several chances, which others have not received, as I am sure they will attest to. Canterbury decided to call it politics when I informed him that he needed to make the 100 post minimum like everyone else. Part of his response was "I am not some unknown knife maker brother." I am not a knife maker, but that is pretty insulting to me. He felt he was above the rules, because he is "The Pathfinder." He's not.
I knew he had falsified his military experience, and as a combat veteran, and disabled at that, I take a dim view of folks lying about their service, and disparaging the people who have actually giving their time, blood and sometimes their lives, to the service of their country. It does not matter if you served in combat, peace time, are disabled or not. If you served, then you served, and I respect you…as long as you do not compromise your integrity in telling about your service.
Here are the facts about David Michael Canterbury. He has had a couple of aliases, but we will use the name on his military records. I have acquired a copy of his military records, through the POW Network, via the Freedom of Information Act.
Claims by Mr. Canterbury, from his own words on this site, as well his biography on Discovery and his personal site (some of these items disappeared the last week of June 2010). His claims are in bold, followed by the facts as presented in his official military records.
1. Over 20 years of Combined Military and Civilian Survival: No survival training annotated in military records.
2. US Military Veteran 1981-1988: Dates of Service: 12/03/1981 to 11/25/1987. That is just under 6 years, not 7.
3. Airborne: FALSE
4. Sniper: Not US Army Sniper. He DID attend a local 4th ID Sniper/Counter-Sniper Cla## (2 wks - 1986).
5. Scout: FALSE. He only attended the Law Enforcement 95B Course. He was an MP ONLY, not a 19D Scout.
6. SRT Member: He did attend the local 4th ID Course (2 wks – 1986), but there is no record of him being on SRT, per his a##ignment Record.
7. SRT Coordinator and Instructor: He could have been a coordinator, but until doctrine changed in 1993 (after he was out), you had to be an E-6 (SSG) in order to be an instructor. Canterbury never attained this rank.
8. Joint Service Operations in Central America 1986-87 (Honduras/Nicaragua): NO RECORD
9. Performed Security Escorts for Military Equipment in Korea for Specialized Equipment to Forward areas near the DMZ between North and South Korea 1983-85: According to his military record, while stationed in South Korea, he was an “ID Badge Clerk.”
10. Squad Leader 4th ID 1982-1983: Not unless they make Privates squad leaders.
11. Ranger: FALSE
12. Instructor in Close Quarters Combat in US, Central America and Korea: See #7 & #8.
Military Decorations and Awards:
1. Army Service Ribbon (For completing AIT) (x1)
2. Army Good Conduct Ribbon (x1)
3. Overseas Service Ribbon (x1)
4. Army Achievement Medal (x2)
5. Expert Badge with bars: auto rifle, pistol & hand grenade
6. Driver’s Badge
|Latest Movies Hot Topics »||share this topic »|| |
|01-02-2013, 08:35 PM||away - #2|
Who wrote this? and where's the source??
|01-02-2013, 08:48 PM||away - #3|
Who wrote this? and where's the source??
|01-02-2013, 09:42 PM||away - #4|
|01-03-2013, 06:30 AM||away - #5|
Recently Cody Lundin released a statement on his website on the matter, which says volumes.
“As has already been publicly confirmed, Dave Canterbury is no longer a part of Dual Survival. This fact has been true since September of 2011.
I have faced many questions regarding this change and much has been said on the internet as well. Any inquiries regarding this matter should be directed to Discovery Channel. However, since I have no doubt that the questions will continue, and I have an ethical and professional responsibility to do so, I am making the following statement.
The goal of the survival instructor is to keep people alive. To accomplish this goal, honesty, integrity, trust and competence must come first. These core values cannot be compromised or people’s lives are needlessly put at risk. In a profession where human lives are at stake, dishonesty about ones background and experience is an inexcusable breach of trust.
I have dedicated my life to this profession. It is my pa##ion and livelihood and I have spent the past 23 years developing expertise in it. I hold the responsibility of being a survival skills instructor as sacred. It is incumbent upon all of us in this field to insist that the highest standards of honesty, integrity and honor are maintained at all times.
For all of the aforementioned reasons, I am proud to work with my new Dual Survival partner as we take the show to even greater levels. This is my final statement on the matter at this time. To my fans and to those who have offered support during this very challenging time, I offer my greatest gratitude and thanks.
It is rumored that mykel hawke (man woman wild) will replace dave for the new season.
Been a big fan since the first episode hope they''ll continue
|01-03-2013, 04:13 PM||away - #6|
that guy mykel hawke sucks. this show was dope as is, plus its all tv anyway not sure why they insist on pretending to be in a real survival situation. will still watch tho !! it
|01-03-2013, 06:07 PM||away - #7|
Show won't be as good w/o the banter exchanged between the original cast members.
I mean, who hasn't embellished their resume credentials w/ some favorable editing...?
TV is now flooded w/ talentless fame-chicks... hate to see one of the current decent shows diluted because of a forgivable mistake.
On the other hand, it's good to see some people still value absolute truth.
| NBA Mid Range Game: Lbj V. Kd V. Melo V. Kobe V. Harden V.... |
New reply 3 minutes ago - 94 comments - by Unattached
| Frank Ocean Writes Check To Chipotle :deadpg: |
New reply 51 minutes ago - 64 comments - by King Henry
| 20 Jokes That Only Intellects Will Understand |
New reply 5 minutes ago - 90 comments - by Avitos Way
| Lets Keep It 100-skirts |
New reply 1 hour ago - 65 comments - by Niruggg
| Too Much Curvaceous And Bodacious On This Darkbutt Fro... |
New reply 16 minutes ago - 61 comments - by Sivraj
| Freddie Gibbs - Real (jeezy Diss Track, Says Names) |
New reply 1 hour ago - 101 comments - by OG Killa
| You Wanna Kno What Was Inside Biggies Pockets When He ... |
New reply 33 minutes ago - 112 comments - by BasedonMars
| Beiber Da Queen Punches Like A 10yr Old Girl :drakehah: |
New reply 1 hour ago - 52 comments - by Final Boss
|Like BX on Facebook||Follow BX on Twitter|
|5,680 fans of BX | none new today||4,577 following | none new today|