This is BX @ Boxden.com

Do people get money for Maury, The First 48, Cheaters., etc..?

Do people get money for Maury, The First 48, Cheaters., etc..?
topic by chaboiB - 02-22-2011, 10:37 AM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot

Me n a friend of mine have this discussion all the time about whether or not people get money for bein on these types of shows...

he says: they don't get paid, the show just pays the fee for paternity tests, hotels and transportation....

but i'm sayin, in cases like the lie detector test; what would posess all these idiots to go on the show and take lie detector tests (knowing they will fail) and get embarrassed... WHERE'sS THE INCENTIVE?

and in cases like "The First 48" what would possess a snitch to allow them to use they're likeness on national TV besides money or a reduction in sentencing maybe?

same with Cheaters, you get caught and embarrassed and you still allow them to use your likeness/face ......... no blur? wtf ... they GOTTA be gettin SOMETHING out the deal

anybody know any facts on this?

Latest Movies Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

8 comments for "Do people get money for Maury, The First 48, Cheaters., etc..?"

02-22-2011, 02:05 PMaway - #2
Fresh Whyte|B 618 heat pts618

d 
space
$37,687 | POWERFUL
@ niccas Getting Paid To Be Snitchin On First 48.

I Doubt They Giving Them niccas Cash or Deals On That Show. Maybe Maury and Cheaters.

Hold Up...What You Doin Tryin Sign Up For First 48
 02-22-2011, 02:28 PMaway - #3
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by chaboiB
Me n a friend of mine have this discussion all the time about whether or not people get money for bein on these types of shows...

he says: they don't get paid, the show just pays the fee for paternity tests, hotels and transportation....

but i'm sayin, in cases like the lie detector test; what would posess all these idiots to go on the show and take lie detector tests (knowing they will fail) and get embarrassed... WHERE'sS THE INCENTIVE?

and in cases like "The First 48" what would possess a snitch to allow them to use they're likeness on national TV besides money or a reduction in sentencing maybe?

same with Cheaters, you get caught and embarrassed and you still allow them to use your likeness/face ......... no blur? wtf ... they GOTTA be gettin SOMETHING out the deal

anybody know any facts on this?
1. You have to understand that these shows have written scripts and set solutions.

2. You have to understand that humans gravitate towards attention, the camera a$sists this urgent need regardless of what you portray behind it (insert negative stereotype ie. 'slut' or 'thug').
 02-22-2011, 04:22 PMaway - #4
Ham Rove 1812 heat pts1812

d 
space
$34,273 | POWERFUL
yeah this girl i know was on the steve wilkos show !! was so funny. she was on there cause supposedly her bf hit her in the face while she was sleeping cause he saw her postchickty pics on facebook ha. she said she got $200
 02-22-2011, 08:10 PMaway - #5
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts

d 
space
$4,109 | 12351812
I worked for a talk show I won't call by name, just know it formerly was filmed in Chicago... We didn't pay people to be on the show, they got a free trip to Chicago, all expense paid... only thing we couldnt buy for them was alcohol, everything else was paid for.. We also could reimburse them if they had a job for the time off they had to be on the show... Which was normally around 2 days...

Last edited by Nu Tymez; 02-22-2011 at 08:19 PM..
 02-22-2011, 08:16 PMaway - #6
IronMaiden 30 heat pts30

d 
space
$12,119 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Fresh Whyte

I Doubt They Giving Them niccas Cash or Deals On That Show. Maybe Maury and Cheaters.

it's 2011 enough with the dumbass snitch stuff

!! has always been dumb, don't commit the crime if you can't do the time, people will always "rat" or "snitch" be legit and don't worry, can't get mad at people doing something legit to get paid
 02-23-2011, 08:55 AMaway - #7
chaboiB 

d 
space
$92 | 74
thanks for clearing this up a little bit for me

Originally Posted by Fresh Whyte

you're not very smart are u...

i pretty much said why do some snitches blur their face and disguise there voice... and some dont (i would a$sume they would ALL want there face blurred)? do the ones that allow u to see there face get paid?

think about the question before giving a foolish answer
 02-23-2011, 09:00 AMaway - #8
marcusaka50 29 heat pts29

d 
space
$19,652 | POWERFUL
cheaters show is fake so they get paid

Maury I dont think it is all fake but some of it is and some of them get paid.

48 I dont know.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Actual Iggy Azalea
92 comments
Worst movie endings
53 comments
If they rebooted "White Men Can't Jump"
63 comments
 NBA Nba-who Is The Most Overrated All Time Great?
New reply 3 minutes ago - 222 comments - by JordanWest86
 Article inside Lil Boosie Will Be Releasing His Next Album July 15th,...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 58 comments - by SM
 Image(s) inside Lupita Nyong'o Named People Magazine's 'most Beautiful'
New reply 3 minutes ago - 73 comments - by SM
 NBA Bradley Beal Says Fu-k Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
New reply 9 minutes ago - 98 comments - by bridouble
 Video inside [chi Wire] The School System
New reply 3 minutes ago - 59 comments - by Stillhyphy
 Image(s) inside Verizon Aint Playin O O
New reply 10 minutes ago - 68 comments - by ATLDOPEBOI18
 Video inside Rita Ora At The Breakfast Club: Jayz, Rihanna Clone, R...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 90 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Video inside Dr. Dre Or Pharrell??
New reply 15 minutes ago - 80 comments - by AngOmusic93

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,711 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,648 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.