Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
153 viewing
 MMA UFC 187: Johnson vs. Cormier
745 comments
most viewed right now
114 viewing
 NBA Golden State Warriors Diss James Harden On Twitter
36 comments

top in section
15 viewing
 NBA 2K16 listing hints at animation improvements, modes and more
top in games
top in section
16 viewing
Image inside First Official Pics: Jordan 7 Champ Pack
top in gear

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #121
Isiah61 3 heat pts space
Tit Tay Cit Tay
space
$8,795 | POWERFUL
"(including a baffling sequence where Django and Schultz drop off bodies -- what do we learn from this amd how does it further the plot?)"

that part really should have been cut
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #122
Isiah61 3 heat pts space
Tit Tay Cit Tay
space
$8,795 | POWERFUL
GoDzSoN35 said:
I dont care, call me sensitive or whatever. But I just felt like the movie made light of events there were nothing to laugh about at all. The bag scene was funny, but it was difficult to laugh when I thought about the black people that were k!lled by mobs of men who did the same exact thing. Just hearing the white people in the movie theater laughing at all the n-bombs made me feel some kinda way too. I wasn't even cool with the thought of getting off on "killing white men". I dunno, Tarantino films in general makes me question how he really feels about blacks.
This white girl next to me was laughing at the wrong parts too, this is that sh*t Dave Chappelle was talking abut.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #123
Vancouver 9 heat pts space
space
$2,338 | 11040746
Can someone tell me what QT is trying to say with this movie? Because that's my problem with him, he writes great dialogue and the violence is visceral and all that, but I never really feel like he has much to say. In this case it would be worse if he didn't have much to say because of the excessive use of the N word.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #124
Peterparker 22 heat pts22 space
space
$16,324 | POWERFUL
HeruDat said:
Movie exposed a lot of crackazas they laugh at the pain of black folks,ppl who sit amongst them.movie wasdope
Isiah61 said:
This white girl next to me was laughing at the wrong parts too, this is that sh*t Dave Chappelle was talking abut.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one feeling that sh*t. It had nothing to do w/ me being bothered by the N-Word(before some white person jumps down my throat) It was just some scenes wasn't intended to be funny yet cats was having a riot.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #125
SpacelyPockets 11 heat pts11 space
stop it doggie
space
$1,363 | 10222591
Peterparker said:
I'm glad I wasn't the only one feeling that sh*t. It had nothing to do w/ me being bothered by the N-Word(before some white person jumps down my throat) It was just some scenes wasn't intended to be funny yet cats was having a riot.
Now what makes you think QT wasn't secretly laughing at the same things...or knew they would get the reaction these people had 100+ times huh

ima still see it though....whenthebluerayrip
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #126
GST  space
'Pause.........'
space
$12,873 | POWERFUL
so as to not hear any inappropriate laughter or comments and have to see any weird faces

<--- will wait for the xvid

this is a mockumentary/action movie and can't be mad @ white folks seeing it as such

afterall,the only relation they have to this flick is leo's role
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #127
Patrick Galooly 7 heat pts space
space
$4,462 | POWERFUL
n*ggas paying 13$ bucks to sit around with peckerwoods and laugh at the abuses their ancestors suffered. That wop laughing all the way to the bank at y'all. Pssst white people aren't laughing at the wrong moments they think what happened to your people was funny.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '09 - away - #128
Braz 80 heat pts80 space
What's a king to a Braz
space
$15,344 | POWERFUL
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #129
bigree61  space
space
$13,380 | POWERFUL
98%

that number is looking very true heading into 2013 huh bx?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #130
ClustyMolecules 70 heat pts70 space
space
$1,947 | POWERFUL
I dont think ive ever left a movie theater so satisfied...that ish hit on every emotion...funny, suspenseful, dramatic, intense, controversial, etc. GREAT movie
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #131
YARKONE 4 heat pts space
FREE SNEEKS
space
$10,948 | 16929961
DSOM said:
my temper tells me i should watch this at home...

cause some smart a.ss geek laughing at the wrong parts who thinks Im just being "TOO SERIOUS" and I need to "GET OVER MYSELF" "cause its only a movie"

might catch the beats

when I decide I'm not interested in seeing the movie any more and I fu*k up the experience for everybody since he fu*ked up mine.

this guy here going into this already knowing he'll throw a fit
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #132
Kaliz ChamP 3 heat pts space
Boxden's Champ aka Kali
space
$5,100 | 9234048
Solid movie. Made me think how I view/we view each other as black men. How white men were able to break and separate black brotherhood. House negro's n field negro's. f!ghts to the death. Devaluing black women, etc. I thought it was an eye opener. Been walking in this fog, this movie lifted that sh*t.

as far as the use of the "N" word. It was accurate of the times. No need for the watered down versions of movies depicting slavery and injustice. You really think white slave owners were calling slaves by their names. nah.

I'm a black man and I'm all for calling it like it is
Unread 2 years agoclass of '09 - away - #133
Chalky 200 heat pts200 space
ملكة
space
$20,935 | POWERFUL
cheguevara said:

[spoiler - click to view]

really i might have to go see this
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #134
MythMade 6 heat pts space
space
$9,690 | POWERFUL
Patrick Galooly said:
n*ggas paying 13$ bucks to sit around with peckerwoods and laugh at the abuses their ancestors suffered. That wop laughing all the way to the bank at y'all. Pssst white people aren't laughing at the wrong moments they think what happened to your people was funny.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #135
nightmare 429 heat pts429 space
space
$13,052 | POWERFUL
Cheeze said:
the funniest thing is, ra1n aint even white
Unread 2 years agoclass of '08 - on now - #136
SlickJ101 17 heat pts17 space
Is Water
space
$9,500 | POWERFUL
MythMade said:
Unread 2 years agoclass of '09 - away - #137
WMYakballzWM 4 heat pts space
2011 NYMETS
space
$3,439 | 0
maybe if black people smartened up and didnt use the n word 500 times in one sentence. the word would dissapear or atleast decrease in usuage... black people keep the n word alive but wanna cry and cry if its in a fu*king movie about slavery.. wow
Unread 2 years agoclass of '09 - away - #138
2011 NYMETS
space
$3,439 | 0
The words used for unintelligent people were idiot, stupid, moron, dumb, retard, and ******. During the black supression years, ****** was used more for black people because black people were considered inferior, despite the fact that they have outsmarted many a white people before. Then, it became agreed upon that ****** is an insult to solely black people, despite the fact that it's original use was a sinonym for idiot. So, ****** became a.ssociated with black people simply because black people were thought to be idiots.

There you go, how ****** came to be.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '09 - away - #139
2011 NYMETS
space
$3,439 | 0
get the fu*k over it. stop calling ur selfs n words.. and maybe some people might respect your wishes. until then how can you even bi*ch about it?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #140
GST  space
'Pause.........'
space
$12,873 | POWERFUL
^^^ stfu

nobody needs your half a.ss history lesson

Home > all sections > The TV/Movie Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
29 viewing
Video inside Throwback: Jamie Foxx ends a comedian's life
111 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Video inside 5150 nation: Corey Holcomb and comedian Deray Davis do battle on Jerry ..
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside Lookin Like Topanga 2.0... Danny Devan
116 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Image inside 57 year old Virginia politician & his 19 year black baby mama :Bruhs:
131 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Video inside Sauce walka: do drake really luv houston or using it for its culture & ..
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Audio inside Drake - On A Wave x Go Out Tonight x Can I x Tryna F**k (4 New Tracks)
117 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Image inside First Look At Goku From DRAGON BALL SUPER
114 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Article inside 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross: Baby Mama's Sex Tape Released by YOU, Not Me
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Audio inside SURPRISE! New Drama and Jeezy mixtape for Labor Day weekend
133 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time