Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
250 viewing
Image inside The Clinton Body Count  
71 comments
most viewed right now
125 viewing
So dame just posted this article of jay owning just 3% per..
138 comments

top in section
56 viewing
 Image inside Is it even possible to not wanna smash this girl?
top in eyecandy
top in section
57 viewing
NBA Micheal Rapaport dropping Flex Bombs on LeBron AGAIN [Fir..
top in sports

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons
Unread 12-26-2012, 04:46 PMJoined Jan 2004 - on now - #101
justinjones 261 heat pts261 space
avatar space
The Trill Don't Die
space
$44,209 | POWERFUL
i'm waiting for somebody to get they a.ss whopped after the movie is over for laughing at the wrong time

i'll watch it soon
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 04:48 PMJoined Dec 2006 - away - #102
nightmare 429 heat pts429 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$13,052 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by justinjones
i'm waiting for somebody to get they a.ss whopped after the movie is over for laughing at the wrong time

I'll watch it soon
google!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 05:03 PMJoined Dec 2005 - away - #103
Sivraj 133 heat pts133 space
avatar space
Royal Black Excellence
space
$37,626 | POWERFUL
I'm black and I loved it. Was funny as hell. Definitely worth the 2 hr and 45 mins and worth of my money.
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 05:49 PMJoined Jun 2010 - away - #104
jhust4ever 14 heat pts14 space
avatar space
LEARNER/EARNER SoMoteitB
space
$428 | 8249654
Movie Dope AF!
There is no way Katt Willams could have played Django
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:02 PMJoined Dec 2006 - away - #105
Mr Kush 31 heat pts31 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$2,031 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by jpebenito
First of all, you say 11million then you say 6million.

Second of all, if there was a holocaust on the black people and someone said "70million people died f!ghting in WW2 and people are focused on the 6million n*ggas that died LOL," you would be mad as fu*k.

So stop with this double standard bullsh*t, stop being an ignorant little fu*k, and grow the fu*k up.


time to go back to history class if you can't comprehend what he said



i'm going to let someone else explain what is so wrong with the bolded statement. the rest of your post is just pointless and semantics
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:06 PMJoined Jan 2004 - on now - #106
tdm2000 5 heat pts space
avatar space
ClearViewDesigners.com
space
$1,675 | 8144905
Man, I can't watch it. Doesn't matter how funny, I will pass on this one.
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:07 PMJoined Feb 2005 - away - #107
iggyemu  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$20,206 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by jhust4ever
Movie Dope AF!
There is no way Katt Willams could have played Django
For that matter I don't think Will Smith could have either..
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:15 PMJoined Dec 2006 - away - #108
nightmare 429 heat pts429 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$13,052 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by jpebenito
First of all, you say 11million then you say 6million.

Second of all, if there was a holocaust on the black people and someone said "70million people died f!ghting in WW2 and people are focused on the 6million n*ggas that died LOL," you would be mad as fu*k.

So stop with this double standard bullsh*t, stop being an ignorant little fu*k, and grow the fu*k up.


you completely missed the point of my post, so to hell with it

no one's marginalizing anyone's death, the point was the WW2 wasnt all about the jews as was being insinuated by other people in this thread to speak AGAINST QT's work in Inglorious Basterds

2ndly you dont even know who i am so just a.ssuming sh*t

im convinced that people just lurk through threads looking for excuses to be offended, ignoring context while they're at it

also 6 million JEWS died in the holocaust 11 miillion people were k!lled overall jackass: gypsies, gays, POWs and wait for it................blacks were k!lled in the holocaust as well, but of course thats lightly discussed.

Last edited by nightmare; 12-26-2012 at 06:23 PM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:21 PMJoined Dec 2006 - away - #109
Mr Kush 31 heat pts31 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$2,031 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by nightmare


you completely missed the point of my post, so to hell with it

no one's marginalizing anyone's death, the point was the WW2 wasnt all about the jews as was being insinuated by other people in this thread to speak AGAINST QT's work in Inglorious Basterds

2ndly you dont even know who i am so just a.ssuming sh*t

im convinced that people just lurk through threads looking for excuses to be offended, ignoring context while they're at it
Not to mention saying

Originally Posted by jpebenito
First of all, you say 11million (died in the holocaust) then you say 6million (jews died)
like he doesn't kno that jews weren't the sole victims of the holocaust..
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:21 PMJoined Apr 2005 - away - #110
Peterparker 18 heat pts18 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$15,820 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DSOM
my temper tells me i should watch this at home...

cause some smart a.ss geek laughing at the wrong parts who thinks Im just being "TOO SERIOUS" and I need to "GET OVER MYSELF" "cause its only a movie"

might catch the beats


when I decide I'm not interested in seeing the movie any more and I fu*k up the experience for everybody since he fu*ked up mine.
At times I did wanna slap the sh*t outta some white folks. But I kept it calm it didn't fu*k up my whole mood but it threw me off a bit. See QT gets it, alot of white mothafu*kas seeing the movie who are commenting in this thread I don't think they got the full scope of the movie. It was fictional but at the same time pretty damn accurate of how our ancestors were treated. And alot of white people didn't get that sh*t. You can't write that sh*t off as just being sensitive. Hell white folks get sensitive as fu*k when you bring up O.J.(not all but alot do) we talking about genocide and they cry over some blond hair bi*ch (R.I.P.)

But besides all that it's a really good movie. If you connected to your ancestors and not just some brain dead a.ss negro still heavily enslaved in the mind you'll feel some deep emotion watching this movie. It was funny scenes at the right time and I laughed but man this movie hit home. And judging from other black ppl reaction in the theater it hit close to home for them as well. You got to be black to fully understand that sh*t.

By the way after the movies White people were courtesy as hell. EXCUSE ME,SIR YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD OF ME BUDDY!!!!! HERE HAVE MY POP CORN FINE YOUNG MAN!!!!
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:25 PMJoined Nov 2011 - away - #111
Kingpin 313 75 heat pts75 space
avatar space
Patriotssss
space
$14,626 | POWERFUL
Uncle toms and the racist people loved this movie I knew they would
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:37 PMJoined Dec 2006 - away - #112
nightmare 429 heat pts429 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$13,052 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Peterparker
At times I did wanna slap the sh*t outta some white folks. But I kept it calm it didn't fu*k up my whole mood but it threw me off a bit. See QT gets it, alot of white mothafu*kas seeing the movie who are commenting in this thread I don't think they got the full scope of the movie. It was fictional but at the same time pretty damn accurate of how our ancestors were treated. And alot of white people didn't get that sh*t. You can't write that sh*t off as just being sensitive. Hell white folks get sensitive as fu*k when you bring up O.J.(not all but alot do) we talking about genocide and they cry over some blond hair bi*ch (R.I.P.)

But besides all that it's a really good movie. If you connected to your ancestors and not just some brain dead a.ss negro still heavily enslaved in the mind you'll feel some deep emotion watching this movie. It was funny scenes at the right time and I laughed but man this movie hit home. And judging from other black ppl reaction in the theater it hit close to home for them as well. You got to be black to fully understand that sh*t.

By the way after the movies White people were courtesy as hell. EXCUSE ME,SIR YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD OF ME BUDDY!!!!! HERE HAVE MY POP CORN FINE YOUNG MAN!!!!
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:59 PMJoined Mar 2005 - away - #113
Sticks 110 heat pts110 space
avatar space
Not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4..
space
$17,010 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Peterparker

By the way after the movies White people were courtesy as hell. EXCUSE ME,SIR YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD OF ME BUDDY!!!!! HERE HAVE MY POP CORN FINE YOUNG MAN!!!!


Overall, great movie. Acting was incredible. So was that sound...

Not going to make this into a race thing. It's a fu*king movie. And it was damn good.

I will be making a list of my top 10 movies of the year any day now. Still have to catch up a little.
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 07:36 PMJoined Nov 2008 - away - #114
iPunish901 12 heat pts12 space
avatar space
Our Year!
space
$12,964 | POWERFUL
ppl need to get out more if the N word still affects them...
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 08:38 PMJoined Apr 2004 - away - #115
NotoriousKCK  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,154 | 6808723
People are WAY too sensitive.

This is a homage/spoof of spaghetti westerns and civil war flicks. It's set in the 1850s deep south. Slavery existed. White people calling black people "******" happened. All the time. It's certainly not glorified as something to be proud of in this film - anybody who thinks so without seeing it needs to shut their uninformed mouth. Either see it or don't, but don't be posting your opinions on it without knowing the facts.

This is a revenge fantasy where a black slave takes out a whole sh*tload of ignorant white slaveowners. How in God's earth can anybody construe this movie as racist? Because it was written and directed by a white man, who (GASP) depicted slavery and the talk of the time accurately?

The movie was a blast. Loved it, and will be seeing it again soon.
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 09:25 PMJoined Sep 2005 - on now - #116
HeruDat 88 heat pts88 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$24,084 | POWERFUL
Movie exposed a lot of crackazas they laugh at the pain of black folks,ppl who sit amongst them.movie wasdope
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 09:31 PMJoined May 2011 - away - #117
Backflipz 82 heat pts82 space
avatar space
Triangle Offense
space
$12,136 | POWERFUL
Movie made me root for jamie to k!ll them white devils even more then I thought possible

4.5 outta 5
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 10:36 PMJoined Nov 2004 - away - #118
Cheeze 495 heat pts495 space
avatar space
:UMAD:
space
$31,479 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by HeruDat
Movie exposed a lot of crackazas they laugh at the pain of black folks,ppl who sit amongst them.movie wasdope
Originally Posted by ra1n
You damn right we laugh at it, you mental midget. Your 'pain' is nothing compared to the pain I feel when reading your awful comments about the film.
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 12:25 AMJoined Jun 2005 - away - #119
GoDzSoN35  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,937 | 7010922
I dont care, call me sensitive or whatever. But I just felt like the movie made light of events there were nothing to laugh about at all. The bag scene was funny, but it was difficult to laugh when I thought about the black people that were k!lled by mobs of men who did the same exact thing. Just hearing the white people in the movie theater laughing at all the n-bombs made me feel some kinda way too. I wasn't even cool with the thought of getting off on "killing white men". I dunno, Tarantino films in general makes me question how he really feels about blacks.
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 12:32 AMJoined May 2011 - on now - #120
RAWshadTX 4 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,033 | 6207144
I thought this movie was great. It was a risky movie for sure, but QT, to me, did a great job.

I don't think anybody should be mad at the n-word being use on this movie. If you are you should understand that at that time it was common use amongst white folks. It probably bother some of y'all because y'all aren't use to seeing it so upfront and casually.

I can say this though: that skull scene with Leonardo DiCaprio was intense as hell. Very intense and I hope y'all got the message of that specific scene.

All in all. The comedy was right and the movie was fun to watch and brought many different emotions into a fictional slave movie.

If you don't like the story then don't watch it but you are missing out.
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > The TV/Movie Spot
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
42 viewing
BOX Ms. Parker from Friday: "I Like Floyd Mayweather Jr."
91 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
27 viewing
Image inside how you feel bout Dej Loaf?  
79 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Image inside Troy ave speaks on these instagram thots
103 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
19 viewing
Image inside Mar 30 - millionaire murders guard over delay in o..
22 comments
@news
most viewed right now
19 viewing
Image inside Kylie Jenner Posts Her 'Raciest B1kini Pictures Ye..
114 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Mar 30 - 3 men become first in New York history to be sent..
56 comments
@news
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Look What Fab Done Started... Proud Employees
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
11 viewing
TERRENCE HOWARD'S EX-WIFE Move Over, Cookie ... I'M TAKING..
68 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
10 viewing
NBA NBA Look-A-Likes  
158 comments
@sports

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time