This is BX @ Boxden.com

Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons

Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons
 12-26-2012, 04:46 PMonline - #101
justinjones 227 heat pts227

d 
space
$42,056 | POWERFUL
i'm waiting for somebody to get they a$s whopped after the movie is over for laughing at the wrong time

i'll watch it soon
 12-26-2012, 04:48 PMaway - #102
nightmare 411 heat pts411

d 
space
$12,575 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by justinjones
i'm waiting for somebody to get they a$s whopped after the movie is over for laughing at the wrong time

I'll watch it soon
google!!!!!!!!!!
 12-26-2012, 05:03 PMaway - #103
Sivraj 79 heat pts79

d 
space
$33,859 | POWERFUL
I'm black and I loved it. Was funny as hell. Definitely worth the 2 hr and 45 mins and worth of my money.
 12-26-2012, 05:49 PMaway - #104
jhust4ever 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$404 | 6738990
Movie Dope AF!
There is no way Katt Willams could have played Django
 12-26-2012, 06:02 PMaway - #105
Mr Kush 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$1,989 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by jpebenito
First of all, you say 11million then you say 6million.

Second of all, if there was a holocaust on the black people and someone said "70million people died f!ghting in WW2 and people are focused on the 6million ni##as that died LOL," you would be mad as ####.

So stop with this double standard bull####, stop being an ignorant little ####, and grow the #### up.

time to go back to history class if you can't comprehend what he said

i'm going to let someone else explain what is so wrong with the bolded statement. the rest of your post is just pointless and semantics
 12-26-2012, 06:06 PMonline - #106
tdm2000 5 heat pts

d 
space
$1,589 | 7744347
Man, I can't watch it. Doesn't matter how funny, I will pass on this one.
 12-26-2012, 06:07 PMonline - #107
iggyemu 

d 
space
$18,703 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by jhust4ever
Movie Dope AF!
There is no way Katt Willams could have played Django
For that matter I don't think Will Smith could have either..
 12-26-2012, 06:15 PMaway - #108

d 
space
$12,575 | POWERFUL
First of all, you say 11million then you say 6million.

Second of all, if there was a holocaust on the black people and someone said "70million people died f!ghting in WW2 and people are focused on the 6million ni##as that died LOL," you would be mad as ####.

So stop with this double standard bull####, stop being an ignorant little ####, and grow the #### up.

you completely missed the point of my post, so to hell with it

no one's marginalizing anyone's de@th, the point was the WW2 wasnt all about the jews as was being insinuated by other people in this thread to speak AGAINST QT's work in Inglorious Basterds

2ndly you dont even know who i am so just a$suming ####

im convinced that people just lurk through threads looking for excuses to be offended, ignoring context while they're at it

also 6 million JEWS died in the holocaust 11 miillion people were k!lled overall jackass: gypsies, gays, POWs and wait for it................blacks were k!lled in the holocaust as well, but of course thats lightly discussed.

Last edited by nightmare; 12-26-2012 at 06:23 PM..
 12-26-2012, 06:21 PMaway - #109
Mr Kush 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$1,989 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by nightmare

you completely missed the point of my post, so to hell with it

no one's marginalizing anyone's de@th, the point was the WW2 wasnt all about the jews as was being insinuated by other people in this thread to speak AGAINST QT's work in Inglorious Basterds

2ndly you dont even know who i am so just a$suming ####

im convinced that people just lurk through threads looking for excuses to be offended, ignoring context while they're at it
Not to mention saying

First of all, you say 11million (died in the holocaust) then you say 6million (jews died)
like he doesn't kno that jews weren't the sole victims of the holocaust..
 12-26-2012, 06:21 PMaway - #110
Peterparker 9 heat pts

d 
space
$13,653 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DSOM
my temper tells me i should watch this at home...

cause some smart a$s geek laughing at the wrong parts who thinks Im just being "TOO SERIOUS" and I need to "GET OVER MYSELF" "cause its only a movie"

might catch the beats

when I decide I'm not interested in seeing the movie any more and I #### up the experience for everybody since he ####ed up mine.
At times I did wanna slap the #### outta some white folks. But I kept it calm it didn't #### up my whole mood but it threw me off a bit. See QT gets it, alot of white motha####as seeing the movie who are commenting in this thread I don't think they got the full scope of the movie. It was fictional but at the same time pretty damn accurate of how our ancestors were treated. And alot of white people didn't get that ####. You can't write that #### off as just being sensitive. Hell white folks get sensitive as #### when you bring up O.J.(not all but alot do) we talking about genocide and they cry over some blond hair #### (R.I.P.)

But besides all that it's a really good movie. If you connected to your ancestors and not just some brain dead a$s negro still heavily enslaved in the mind you'll feel some deep emotion watching this movie. It was funny scenes at the right time and I laughed but man this movie hit home. And judging from other black ppl reaction in the theater it hit close to home for them as well. You got to be black to fully understand that ####.

By the way after the movies White people were courtesy as hell. EXCUSE ME,SIR YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD OF ME BUDDY!!!!! HERE HAVE MY POP CORN FINE YOUNG MAN!!!!
 12-26-2012, 06:25 PMaway - #111
Kingpin 313 60 heat pts60

d 
space
$13,366 | POWERFUL
Uncle toms and the racist people loved this movie I knew they would
 12-26-2012, 06:37 PMaway - #112

d 
space
$12,575 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Peterparker
At times I did wanna slap the #### outta some white folks. But I kept it calm it didn't #### up my whole mood but it threw me off a bit. See QT gets it, alot of white motha####as seeing the movie who are commenting in this thread I don't think they got the full scope of the movie. It was fictional but at the same time pretty damn accurate of how our ancestors were treated. And alot of white people didn't get that ####. You can't write that #### off as just being sensitive. Hell white folks get sensitive as #### when you bring up O.J.(not all but alot do) we talking about genocide and they cry over some blond hair #### (R.I.P.)

But besides all that it's a really good movie. If you connected to your ancestors and not just some brain dead a$s negro still heavily enslaved in the mind you'll feel some deep emotion watching this movie. It was funny scenes at the right time and I laughed but man this movie hit home. And judging from other black ppl reaction in the theater it hit close to home for them as well. You got to be black to fully understand that ####.

By the way after the movies White people were courtesy as hell. EXCUSE ME,SIR YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD OF ME BUDDY!!!!! HERE HAVE MY POP CORN FINE YOUNG MAN!!!!
 12-26-2012, 06:59 PMaway - #113
Sticks 104 heat pts104

d 
space
$15,949 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Peterparker

Overall, great movie. Acting was incredible. So was that sound...

Not going to make this into a race thing. It's a ####ing movie. And it was damn good.

I will be making a list of my top 10 movies of the year any day now. Still have to catch up a little.
 12-26-2012, 07:36 PMaway - #114
iPunish901 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$12,804 | POWERFUL
ppl need to get out more if the N word still affects them...
 12-26-2012, 08:38 PMonline - #115
NotoriousKCK 

d 
space
$874 | 5629010
People are WAY too sensitive.

This is a homage/spoof of spaghetti westerns and civil war flicks. It's set in the 1850s deep south. Slavery existed. White people calling black people "******" happened. All the time. It's certainly not glorified as something to be proud of in this film - anybody who thinks so without seeing it needs to shut their uninformed mouth. Either see it or don't, but don't be posting your opinions on it without knowing the facts.

This is a revenge fantasy where a black slave takes out a whole ####load of ignorant white slaveowners. How in God's earth can anybody construe this movie as racist? Because it was written and directed by a white man, who (GASP) depicted slavery and the talk of the time accurately?

The movie was a blast. Loved it, and will be seeing it again soon.
 12-26-2012, 09:25 PMaway - #116
HeruDat 70 heat pts70

d 
space
$21,880 | POWERFUL
Movie exposed a lot of crackazas they laugh at the pain of black folks,ppl who sit amongst them.movie wasdope
 12-26-2012, 09:31 PMaway - #117
Backflipz 81 heat pts81

d 
space
$11,762 | POWERFUL
Movie made me root for jamie to k!ll them white devils even more then I thought possible

4.5 outta 5
 12-26-2012, 10:36 PMonline - #118
Cheeze 482 heat pts482

d 
space
$30,331 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by HeruDat
Movie exposed a lot of crackazas they laugh at the pain of black folks,ppl who sit amongst them.movie wasdope
Originally Posted by ra1n
You damn right we laugh at it, you mental midget. Your 'pain' is nothing compared to the pain I feel when reading your awful comments about the film.
 12-27-2012, 12:25 AMaway - #119
GoDzSoN35 

d 
space
$1,925 | 6905744
I dont care, call me sensitive or whatever. But I just felt like the movie made light of events there were nothing to laugh about at all. The bag scene was funny, but it was difficult to laugh when I thought about the black people that were k!lled by mobs of men who did the same exact thing. Just hearing the white people in the movie theater laughing at all the n-b0mbs made me feel some kinda way too. I wasn't even cool with the thought of getting off on "killing white men". I dunno, Tarantino films in general makes me question how he really feels about blacks.
 12-27-2012, 12:32 AMaway - #120
RAWshadTX 4 heat pts

d 
space
$725 | 4325143
I thought this movie was great. It was a risky movie for sure, but QT, to me, did a great job.

I don't think anybody should be mad at the n-word being use on this movie. If you are you should understand that at that time it was common use amongst white folks. It probably bother some of y'all because y'all aren't use to seeing it so upfront and casually.

I can say this though: that skull scene with Leonardo DiCaprio was intense as hell. Very intense and I hope y'all got the message of that specific scene.

All in all. The comedy was right and the movie was fun to watch and brought many different emotions into a fictional slave movie.

If you don't like the story then don't watch it but you are missing out.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Images of Ben Afleck's Costume In Full Color from Bat..
65 comments
Image inside  Which games are gonna flop in October n November? Too..
64 comments
Video inside  "NBA Street Vol. 2" Repped for the Old School.
74 comments
 NFL Robert Griffin Iii Gives Himself New Nickname
New reply 25 seconds ago - 185 comments - by italiansteve
 Image(s) inside Dj Mustard - 10 Summers (album Tracklist)
New reply 8 minutes ago - 93 comments - by Fresh Whyte
 Image(s) inside Bx You Smashing Or Not???
New reply 2 minutes ago - 190 comments - by tokinjohn
 Image(s) inside Joe Budden And Ransom Reunite After 7 Years
New reply 11 minutes ago - 134 comments - by Hieroglyphic
 Image(s) inside Soulja Boy Caught Flexin'
New reply 5 minutes ago - 215 comments - by SeattleWon
 Image(s) inside Minister Louis Farrakhan Unveils Essay Praising Jay El...
New reply 25 minutes ago - 63 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Ridley Scott's Exodus: Gods And Kings, Has The Most Bl...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 226 comments - by Marccoogs19
 Video inside Yg Bicken Back Bein Bool Video
New reply 38 minutes ago - 94 comments - by SM

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,756 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.