Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
489 viewing
 OVO Fest
65 comments
most viewed right now
359 viewing
 Image inside (rumor) Drake's final diss to be titled "Three Strikes"
56 comments

top in section
83 viewing
 Video inside Did Mars Rover Snap Photo Of A Large Spider On Mars?
top in wild'ish
top in section
81 viewing
 Image inside Smash or pass?
top in eyecandy

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #101
nightmare 429 heat pts429 space
space
$13,052 | POWERFUL
justinjones said:
i'm waiting for somebody to get they a.ss whopped after the movie is over for laughing at the wrong time

I'll watch it soon
worldstar!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #102
Sivraj 170 heat pts170 space
Royal Black Excellence
space
$38,933 | POWERFUL
I'm black and I loved it. Was funny as hell. Definitely worth the 2 hr and 45 mins and worth of my money.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #103
jhust4ever 15 heat pts15 space
LEARNER/EARNER SoMoteitB
space
$449 | 8799573
Movie Dope AF!
There is no way Katt Willams could have played Django
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #104
Mr Kush 31 heat pts31 space
space
$2,036 | POWERFUL
jpebenito said:
First of all, you say 11million then you say 6million.

Second of all, if there was a holocaust on the black people and someone said "70million people died f!ghting in WW2 and people are focused on the 6million n*ggas that died LOL," you would be mad as fu*k.

So stop with this double standard bullsh*t, stop being an ignorant little fu*k, and grow the fu*k up.

time to go back to history class if you can't comprehend what he said

i'm going to let someone else explain what is so wrong with the bolded statement. the rest of your post is just pointless and semantics
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #105
tdm2000 5 heat pts space
ClearViewDesigners.com
space
$1,745 | 8681223
Man, I can't watch it. Doesn't matter how funny, I will pass on this one.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #106
iggyemu  space
space
$21,089 | POWERFUL
jhust4ever said:
Movie Dope AF!
There is no way Katt Willams could have played Django
For that matter I don't think Will Smith could have either..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #107
space
$13,052 | POWERFUL
jpebenito said:
First of all, you say 11million then you say 6million.

Second of all, if there was a holocaust on the black people and someone said "70million people died f!ghting in WW2 and people are focused on the 6million n*ggas that died LOL," you would be mad as fu*k.

So stop with this double standard bullsh*t, stop being an ignorant little fu*k, and grow the fu*k up.

you completely missed the point of my post, so to hell with it

no one's marginalizing anyone's death, the point was the WW2 wasnt all about the jews as was being insinuated by other people in this thread to speak AGAINST QT's work in Inglorious Basterds

2ndly you dont even know who i am so just a.ssuming sh*t

im convinced that people just lurk through threads looking for excuses to be offended, ignoring context while they're at it

also 6 million JEWS died in the holocaust 11 miillion people were k!lled overall jackass: gypsies, gays, POWs and wait for it................blacks were k!lled in the holocaust as well, but of course thats lightly discussed.

Last edited by nightmare; 12-26-2012 at 06:23 PM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #108
Mr Kush 31 heat pts31 space
space
$2,036 | POWERFUL
nightmare said:

you completely missed the point of my post, so to hell with it

no one's marginalizing anyone's death, the point was the WW2 wasnt all about the jews as was being insinuated by other people in this thread to speak AGAINST QT's work in Inglorious Basterds

2ndly you dont even know who i am so just a.ssuming sh*t

im convinced that people just lurk through threads looking for excuses to be offended, ignoring context while they're at it
Not to mention saying

jpebenito said:
First of all, you say 11million (died in the holocaust) then you say 6million (jews died)
like he doesn't kno that jews weren't the sole victims of the holocaust..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #109
Peterparker 27 heat pts27 space
space
$16,805 | POWERFUL
DSOM said:
my temper tells me i should watch this at home...

cause some smart a.ss geek laughing at the wrong parts who thinks Im just being "TOO SERIOUS" and I need to "GET OVER MYSELF" "cause its only a movie"

might catch the beats

when I decide I'm not interested in seeing the movie any more and I fu*k up the experience for everybody since he fu*ked up mine.
At times I did wanna slap the sh*t outta some white folks. But I kept it calm it didn't fu*k up my whole mood but it threw me off a bit. See QT gets it, alot of white mothafu*kas seeing the movie who are commenting in this thread I don't think they got the full scope of the movie. It was fictional but at the same time pretty damn accurate of how our ancestors were treated. And alot of white people didn't get that sh*t. You can't write that sh*t off as just being sensitive. Hell white folks get sensitive as fu*k when you bring up O.J.(not all but alot do) we talking about genocide and they cry over some blond hair bi*ch (R.I.P.)

But besides all that it's a really good movie. If you connected to your ancestors and not just some brain dead a.ss negro still heavily enslaved in the mind you'll feel some deep emotion watching this movie. It was funny scenes at the right time and I laughed but man this movie hit home. And judging from other black ppl reaction in the theater it hit close to home for them as well. You got to be black to fully understand that sh*t.

By the way after the movies White people were courtesy as hell. EXCUSE ME,SIR YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD OF ME BUDDY!!!!! HERE HAVE MY POP CORN FINE YOUNG MAN!!!!
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #110
Kingpin 313 87 heat pts87 space
Patriotssss
space
$15,917 | POWERFUL
Uncle toms and the racist people loved this movie I knew they would
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #111
space
$13,052 | POWERFUL
Peterparker said:
At times I did wanna slap the sh*t outta some white folks. But I kept it calm it didn't fu*k up my whole mood but it threw me off a bit. See QT gets it, alot of white mothafu*kas seeing the movie who are commenting in this thread I don't think they got the full scope of the movie. It was fictional but at the same time pretty damn accurate of how our ancestors were treated. And alot of white people didn't get that sh*t. You can't write that sh*t off as just being sensitive. Hell white folks get sensitive as fu*k when you bring up O.J.(not all but alot do) we talking about genocide and they cry over some blond hair bi*ch (R.I.P.)

But besides all that it's a really good movie. If you connected to your ancestors and not just some brain dead a.ss negro still heavily enslaved in the mind you'll feel some deep emotion watching this movie. It was funny scenes at the right time and I laughed but man this movie hit home. And judging from other black ppl reaction in the theater it hit close to home for them as well. You got to be black to fully understand that sh*t.

By the way after the movies White people were courtesy as hell. EXCUSE ME,SIR YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD OF ME BUDDY!!!!! HERE HAVE MY POP CORN FINE YOUNG MAN!!!!
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #112
Sticks 122 heat pts122 space
space
$17,607 | POWERFUL
Peterparker said:

Overall, great movie. Acting was incredible. So was that sound...

Not going to make this into a race thing. It's a fu*king movie. And it was damn good.

I will be making a list of my top 10 movies of the year any day now. Still have to catch up a little.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - away - #113
iPunish901 12 heat pts12 space
Our Year!
space
$13,063 | POWERFUL
ppl need to get out more if the N word still affects them...
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #114
NotoriousKCK  space
space
$1,230 | 7018852
People are WAY too sensitive.

This is a homage/spoof of spaghetti westerns and civil war flicks. It's set in the 1850s deep south. Slavery existed. White people calling black people "******" happened. All the time. It's certainly not glorified as something to be proud of in this film - anybody who thinks so without seeing it needs to shut their uninformed mouth. Either see it or don't, but don't be posting your opinions on it without knowing the facts.

This is a revenge fantasy where a black slave takes out a whole sh*tload of ignorant white slaveowners. How in God's earth can anybody construe this movie as racist? Because it was written and directed by a white man, who (GASP) depicted slavery and the talk of the time accurately?

The movie was a blast. Loved it, and will be seeing it again soon.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - on now - #115
Backflipz 82 heat pts82 space
Thr33sus Christ
space
$12,491 | POWERFUL
Movie made me root for jamie to k!ll them white devils even more then I thought possible

4.5 outta 5
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #116
Cheeze 496 heat pts496 space
space
$31,686 | POWERFUL
HeruDat said:
Movie exposed a lot of crackazas they laugh at the pain of black folks,ppl who sit amongst them.movie wasdope
ra1n said:
You damn right we laugh at it, you mental midget. Your 'pain' is nothing compared to the pain I feel when reading your awful comments about the film.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #117
GoDzSoN35  space
space
$1,937 | 7010922
I dont care, call me sensitive or whatever. But I just felt like the movie made light of events there were nothing to laugh about at all. The bag scene was funny, but it was difficult to laugh when I thought about the black people that were k!lled by mobs of men who did the same exact thing. Just hearing the white people in the movie theater laughing at all the n-bombs made me feel some kinda way too. I wasn't even cool with the thought of getting off on "killing white men". I dunno, Tarantino films in general makes me question how he really feels about blacks.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - on now - #118
RAWshadTX 5 heat pts space
space
$1,091 | 6996943
I thought this movie was great. It was a risky movie for sure, but QT, to me, did a great job.

I don't think anybody should be mad at the n-word being use on this movie. If you are you should understand that at that time it was common use amongst white folks. It probably bother some of y'all because y'all aren't use to seeing it so upfront and casually.

I can say this though: that skull scene with Leonardo DiCaprio was intense as hell. Very intense and I hope y'all got the message of that specific scene.

All in all. The comedy was right and the movie was fun to watch and brought many different emotions into a fictional slave movie.

If you don't like the story then don't watch it but you are missing out.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #119
Isiah61 3 heat pts space
Tit Tay Cit Tay
space
$8,906 | POWERFUL
"(including a baffling sequence where Django and Schultz drop off bodies -- what do we learn from this amd how does it further the plot?)"

that part really should have been cut
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #120
Isiah61 3 heat pts space
Tit Tay Cit Tay
space
$8,906 | POWERFUL
GoDzSoN35 said:
I dont care, call me sensitive or whatever. But I just felt like the movie made light of events there were nothing to laugh about at all. The bag scene was funny, but it was difficult to laugh when I thought about the black people that were k!lled by mobs of men who did the same exact thing. Just hearing the white people in the movie theater laughing at all the n-bombs made me feel some kinda way too. I wasn't even cool with the thought of getting off on "killing white men". I dunno, Tarantino films in general makes me question how he really feels about blacks.
This white girl next to me was laughing at the wrong parts too, this is that sh*t Dave Chappelle was talking abut.

Home > all sections > The TV/Movie Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
135 viewing
Well damn, Potent dj drama/meek/drake tea via lipstickalley
461 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
68 viewing
They saying Drake brought out AR-AB, Cassidy, Will Smith wearing rip meek mi..
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
62 viewing
Image inside Muslim Nudist.. A Walking Contradiction
81 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
48 viewing
MMA Brazilian Guy hits on Ronda Rousey and asks if she's ever been with a Blac..
148 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
23 viewing
Video inside 10 brutal facts about Genghis Khan
84 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
21 viewing
Image inside Battle Rapper Hitman Holla Gets Jumped By "14 Dudes" Post About It On ..
110 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside Meek On Stage With Nicki Simpin' He Def Doesn't Have The Same Arroganc..
106 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Video inside I'm done...even Trinidadians are clowning Meek Mill
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Audio inside Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion & Antic..
193 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time