This is BX @ Boxden.com


Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons


 Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons
 12-26-2012, 10:53 AMaway - #61
Patrick Galooly 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,462 | POWERFUL
Tarentino is famous for over the top violence yet in Inglorious Basterds apart from the opening scene all the violence is jew on Nazi no over the top scenes where Jewish families are gassed no over the top scene where jew after jew is burned alive. Tarentino knows how to pick his battles.
 12-26-2012, 10:55 AMaway - #62
ManWithoutFear! 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$9,189 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dman 4901
theres great black directors out there stop fronting
Know what im saying?

On some "if you find me a black director AS GREAT as Tarrantino we can talk" type ####.
 12-26-2012, 10:59 AMaway - #63
Mr Kush 31 heat pts31

  d 
space
$2,013 | POWERFUL
Jews get protected in Hollywood no doubt, but I think a movie that depicts racism toward any other ethnicity/cultural group would still be as successful and as great as Django is
 12-26-2012, 11:00 AMaway - #64
ManWithoutFear! 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$9,189 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mr Kush
Because socio-economically blacks (and other minorities) are at a disadvantage in America and oftentimes do not have the same access as aspiring white directors to secondary education, career networking, and other opportunities.

Yet in spite of all of that, Tarantino is a superior director to any black director. Maybe in 10-15 years when there are more qualified black directors one of them will take a shot at covering slavery in a feature-length film.
I agree and I disagree at the same time. I'll just leave it at that.

Baked mac and cheese!
 12-26-2012, 11:01 AMaway - #65
Soda Pop 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,475 | 16439384
Originally Posted by Mr Kush
Because socio-economically blacks (and other minorities) are at a disadvantage in America and oftentimes do not have the same access as aspiring white directors to secondary education, career networking, and other opportunities.

Yet in spite of all of that, Tarantino is a superior director to any black director. Maybe in 10-15 years when there are more qualified black directors one of them will take a shot at covering slavery in a feature-length film.


Now your just talking outta your a$s... You don't even know any black director outside of Spike, John Singlton and Antone Fuquia. Get the #### outta here with that not qualified ####, how the #### do you know who's qualified and who's not? Whats the qualification for making a slave film #### boy? All of the above directors I named alone have a higher education then Tarantino. Shut the #### up idiot.

Last edited by Soda Pop; 12-26-2012 at 11:03 AM..
 12-26-2012, 11:09 AMaway - #66
Mr Kush 31 heat pts31

  d 
space
$2,013 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Soda Pop


Now your just talking outta your a$s... You don't even know any black director outside of Spike, John Singlton and Antone Fuquia. Get the #### outta here with that not qualified shim how the #### do you know who's qualified and who's not? Whats the qualification for making a slave film #### boy? All of the above directors I named alone have a higher education then Tarantino. Shut the #### up idiot.
Lol why you so mad kid?

He asked why a slave movie with a black director wouldn't have same amount of popularity and appeal as a Tarantino movie and it's pretty simple answer to me. Tarantino is one of the best directors EVER, gets all the best actors, and has directed many CLASSIC movies. Unfortunately due to the fact that we are only recently removed from the civil rights era and socio-economically minorities are at a disadvantage there aren't many quality black directors on Tarantino's level, however I see that changing within the next 10-15 years because there are already many very talented black actors which means more quality black directors will come in time.

And I didn't say Tarantino had a higher education than those black directors just what white directors in general have had more opportunities in the past making them better directors. However like I said because of the direction our country is going in there are going to be more quality black directors in the future.

I have no clue what I said that would offend you
 12-26-2012, 11:24 AMaway - #67
Soda Pop 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,475 | 16439384
Originally Posted by Mr Kush
Lol why you so mad kid?

He asked why a slave movie with a black director wouldn't have same amount of popularity and appeal as a Tarantino movie and it's pretty simple answer to me. Tarantino is one of the best directors EVER, gets all the best actors, and has directed many CLASSIC movies. Unfortunately due to the fact that we are only recently removed from the civil rights era and socio-economically minorities are at a disadvantage there aren't many quality black directors on Tarantino's level, however I see that changing within the next 10-15 years because there are already many very talented black actors which means more quality black directors will come in time.

And I didn't say Tarantino had a higher education than those black directors just what white directors in general have had more opportunities in the past making them better directors. However like I said because of the direction our country is going in there are going to be more quality black directors in the future.

I have no clue what I said that would offend you
You said Tarantino is better then all black directors, I disagree with that. He does have more opportunity to shoot what he wants. He's in my top 3 but I know from his mouth he's scared to make films because he doesn't want to make a bad one. Hence the reason he only has 7 over 20 years. What pissed me off is you speaking on qualification and education. I'm in school now for film knowing that whatever degree I finish with is not gonna make me "qualified" in Hollyweirds eyes. It's more to it then that, Spike Lee masters degree and he can't get what he wants made. Education has #### to do with film making, QT stopped in like 9th grade. Hollywood is disneyland for racist and that's that, no other explanation for some the bull#### that goes on in the Hollywood system.
 12-26-2012, 11:32 AMaway - #68
Mr Kush 31 heat pts31

  d 
space
$2,013 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Soda Pop
You said Tarantino is better then all black directors, I disagree with that. He does have more opportunity to shoot what he wants. He's in my top 3 but I know from his mouth he's scared to make films because he doesn't want to make a bad one. Hence the reason he only has 7 over 20 years. What pissed me off is you speaking on qualification and education. I'm in school now for film knowing that whatever degree I finish with is not gonna make me "qualified" in Hollyweirds eyes. It's more to it then that, Spike Lee masters degree and he can't get what he wants made. Education has #### to do with film making, QT stopped inn like 9th grade. Hollywood is disneyland for racist and that's that, no other explanation for some the bull#### that goes on in the Hollywood system.
Oh, I understand now. I struck a chord with the education comment. If you re-read my posts though I didn't put much emphasis at all on education, more-so white privilege in general. I know that QT dropped out of HS.

A poster asked me why can't a black director direct a slave movie with as much popularity, appeal, and viewer interest as QT can.

Do you think there is a black director out there with the name recognition of the Tarantino brand, the recent resume (within last 20 years), and the ability to get a stacked cast like QT? <<< The answer to the question:
Originally Posted by "ManWithoutFearI
Im more so a little vexed that muthafuhkin 2012 we cant get a black director to do a film about these type of things and get the same "excitement and praise" as a white guy?
And in my opinion QT is a better director than any current black director. However QT ranks very very high on my list of current directors still doing it, so that's why I said that. It doesn't even have to be a race thing I just have him top 5ish on my current list so he has better than 99% of directors out there to me.
 12-26-2012, 11:49 AMaway - #69
skillahmang 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$17,360 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by STAY ASLEEP
Quentins southern accent is god awful
he was Australian.


 12-26-2012, 11:49 AMaway - #70
Braz 80 heat pts80

  d 
space
$15,346 | POWERFUL
where can I get a link to the 2pac song?
 12-26-2012, 11:53 AMaway - #71
skillahmang 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$17,360 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mr Kush
Actually, one of the most important points of Hitler's anti-semetic brainwashing amongst the German people was turning the word "Jew" into a derogatory term. Much like "Gay" and "Homo" have been turned into homophobic terms in the US.

Stop reaching bro. Reach for a history book instead mane.
ether
 12-26-2012, 11:53 AMaway - #72
metatr0n|M 225 heat pts225

  d 
space
$33,513 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mr Kush
Because socio-economically blacks (and other minorities) are at a disadvantage in America and oftentimes do not have the same access as aspiring white directors to secondary education, career networking, and other opportunities.

Yet in spite of all of that, Tarantino is a superior director to any black director. Maybe in 10-15 years when there are more qualified black directors one of them will take a shot at covering slavery in a feature-length film.
As much as you worship this man none of his family was slaves and hes never been called a n'gger so how is he better suited to tell a black mans story then a black man?
 12-26-2012, 11:54 AMaway - #73
Stupid Fresh 168 heat pts168

  d 
space
$18,081 | POWERFUL
wheres the lnk
 12-26-2012, 11:57 AMaway - #74
Peterparker 10 heat pts10

  d 
space
$14,347 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Patrick Galooly
No I'm saying he didn't take it nearly as far with inglorious basterds because he knows not to #### with jews. That's why the worst thing to happen to jews in inglorious basterds is being called a jewish dog. Whereas in django blacks are ripped apart and b0mbarded with racial slurs. Tarentino knows 100+ jewish racial slurs= last movie I'll ever make. Whereas 100+ black racial slurs = I'll need a bag to carry all the awards they're going to give me.
I can agree

I'll say this tho, this movie is easily one of the best films of 2012 and I liked it because it didn't make a mockery of slavery which is what I took from the ads and previews. But it was a more accurate depiction of slavery on film. It's sad because had a black director made a film like this it wouldn't say the light of day. But you know QT got the complexion for protection so we know how this works in Hollywood. The obvious aside

It was a great ####ing movie. I Felt like everybody did outstanding jobs acting wise. Comical moments on the fact that white people were that idiotic and ignorant to treat other humans in such a manner.

Some scenes didn't even apply a comedic element to it and some motha####as were still laughing hard as #### and that is what I didn't like.

I didn't mind the N-Word or the violence. Hell I was hoping for more N-Words and Violence cuz you need to show how vile them crackas were(and alot still are)back in that era. I feel like often Hollywood romanticize slavery or the genocide their ancestors did on ppl of color. This movie did no such thing. Not one likeable white person but the German bounty Hunter. That was it. Everybody else you hated. They made no excuses or apologies to justify these whites enslaving and degrading other humans like so many real historians try to do certain white historical figures.

The only thing I really didn't like was the fact it was no underlying message. It was pretty much sensationalized. It wasn't in bad taste but no underlying message to slavery. That's just me tho, cuz I feel like some ppl were educated on how harsh slavery could be.

But some scenes I just don't understand why motha####as(whites and non blacks) were laughing so hard. Like yeah this is a movie but it's based on actual #### do you understand that? And I think some people didn't understand which I can't blame entirely on QT.

Like you shouldn't leave the movie theaters like "wow it was crazy,funny,action packed RIDE!!" Slavery wasn't about that ####, and QT wasn't aiming for that but I think so many of us have been desensitized to the point where we can't decipher between seriousness and comedy.
 12-26-2012, 12:04 PMaway - #75
Mr Kush 31 heat pts31

  d 
space
$2,013 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by critiQue
As much as you worship this man none of his family was slaves and hes never been called a n'gger so how is he better suited to tell a black mans story then a black man?
Point me to a director once owned by a white man and I'll agree with you. Should a psycho have directed American Psycho? Should a marine direct that new Osama movie coming out? Why didn't a man from Bethleham direct Passion of The Christ? Why didn't a former NFL player direct Any Given Sunday? Why didn't a white supremacist direct American History X?

I don't understand what you're getting at. In order to direct something you need to experience it? Hollywood would be a lot less creative if you were in charge..
 12-26-2012, 12:12 PMaway - #76
rashcobar 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,482 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ManWithoutFear!
Umm...

Go on..umm what?
 12-26-2012, 12:13 PMaway - #77
Spid3yo 10 heat pts10

  d 
space
$4,438 | 19908530
People taking this movie way too seriously. While there is racially charged humor, there also is gripping and dramatic portrayals of slavery. It's all done in a smart way, as in there is a clear distinction on the part you are suppose to laugh at, and the parts you arn't If you are looking for a real life account of slavery this isn't the movie for you.

The editing was questionable, the violence gratuitous. This movie delivers a great experience that tests a wide range of human emotion.
 12-26-2012, 12:16 PMaway - #78
Soda Pop 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,475 | 16439384
Originally Posted by Mr Kush
Oh, I understand now. I struck a chord with the education comment. If you re-read my posts though I didn't put much emphasis at all on education, more-so white privilege in general. I know that QT dropped out of HS.

A poster asked me why can't a black director direct a slave movie with as much popularity, appeal, and viewer interest as QT can.

Do you think there is a black director out there with the name recognition of the Tarantino brand, the recent resume (within last 20 years), and the ability to get a stacked cast like QT? <<< The answer to the question:

And in my opinion QT is a better director than any current black director. However QT ranks very very high on my list of current directors still doing it, so that's why I said that. It doesn't even have to be a race thing I just have him top 5ish on my current list so he has better than 99% of directors out there to me.
He's in my top 3 as well but I have Spike and Scorsese above him. Django was not a ####ing slave film at all there's is nothing historically accurate in it besides that there's slaves.

To answer your question which is not a clear cut answer, yes. Heres the thing QT doesn't have the resume in films that Spike has. If Spike has just 7 films he'd be on Crooklyn.

Moving away from Spike, Tim Story has an extremely diverse resume when it comes the actors he's worked with, but doesn't have the name. I do think he could pull if off if given the opportunity. F Gary Gray is another name director with one of the better resumes, Forest Whitaker, John Singleton, Stan Lathan etc. Any of these guys could direct a slave film or any other black film but a) won't get a 83 mil budget b) won't get the studios support and a Christmas release c) would be twice as crucified if they made a violent black film let alone with that violence directed at white folk.

My whole point was it's not qualification and it's not skill level it's opportunity right now. This movie has a great story but technically it was lacking the pop of k!ll Bill or Pulp Fiction. Thinking of the power QT has in hollywood is crazy because theres no way any Black director could get this make made. If on an equal playing field I have no doubt they could make the film and probably make it more realistic.
 12-26-2012, 12:16 PMaway - #79
SlickJ101 16 heat pts16

  d 
space
$8,897 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Patrick Galooly
I'm sure the Germans had their slurs for Jewish people, point is he stayed the #### away from using them. Like I said Tarentino knows who to #### with and who to stay away from.
Sensitive mother####er
 12-26-2012, 12:20 PMaway - #80
Braz 80 heat pts80

  d 
space
$15,346 | POWERFUL
Galooly is a sensitive ####, I didn't realize that was news around here
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA BREAKING NEWS: Steve Nash OUT for season
126 comments
NBA 2013 Superteam Lakers the worst manufactured Superteam i..
61 comments
NBA ESPN First Take: Nash or Iverson: Who's the Better Player?
70 comments
 Image(s) inside Alfie From Old Nick Show "my Brother & Me&quo...
New reply 12 seconds ago - 64 comments - by KleanKutt100
 Image(s) inside Daaaaamn My Nigga French Montana Back
New reply 15 minutes ago - 75 comments - by SHADOW
 Image(s) inside Troy Ave's Goon Id'd As Ilovemakonnen's Attacker On Tw...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 169 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 Video inside Age Of Ultron Trailer 1
New reply 21 minutes ago - 283 comments - by Jesszman
 Image(s) inside Jaime Fox's Hairline Has A Taper Implant
New reply 8 minutes ago - 94 comments - by foshomoney
 Image(s) inside Ransom Jumps In Ilovemakonnen Beef With Troy Ave After...
New reply 23 minutes ago - 98 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 Video inside Wii U - Super Smash Bros. For Wii U >>>>
New reply 10 minutes ago - 58 comments - by Cya Nerd
 audio inside Lupe Fiasco - Haile Selassie Ft. Nikki Jean (prod. By ...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 55 comments - by 10th Wonder

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,794 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.