This is BX @ Boxden.com

Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons

Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons
 12-26-2012, 02:30 AMaway - #21
TRILL SH1T 61 heat pts61

d 
space
$3,486 | POWERFUL
After watching this movie is anyone surprised Will Smith turned it down? I can't not imagine him doing a few of those scenes he's to 'family man' 'clean cut'... Script prob scared him
 12-26-2012, 03:17 AMaway - #22
noska 4 heat pts

d 
space
$969 | 5331611
Originally Posted by STAY ASLEEP
Quentins southern accent is god awful
it was an australian accent
 12-26-2012, 03:48 AMaway - #23
I KILL TREES 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$8,012 | POWERFUL
If slaves could watch this movie they would cheer the whole time!
 12-26-2012, 03:50 AMaway - #24
R Dot 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,313 | 5899399
This movie made me laugh yo!! Best movie I seen in a minute!!!
 12-26-2012, 06:22 AMaway - #25
PrinceDeville25 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$2,878 | 14197699
Originally Posted by R Dot
This movie made me laugh yo!! Best movie I seen in a minute!!!
 12-26-2012, 07:02 AMaway - #26
Patrick Galooly 7 heat pts

d 
space
$4,462 | POWERFUL
13$ bucks for a white guy to call blacks ******s and remind them that their ancestors were property? No thank you I'll stay on Xbox live and get that for free.
 12-26-2012, 07:04 AMaway - #27
zhiggeman 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,503 | POWERFUL
the thing is i see "the right" black dude going in on someone for laughing at some ####.. yeah it was a movie but from the comments in this thread so far i can't believe any of you guys defending the movie are from or in the south. The way them white folks was looking coming out that mofo man i felt some kinda way.. its like how can yall be so bla about that brutal a$s #### and some mofo's still think it should be happening.. this country is ####ed up..far worse than any other place in the world because we tolerated this #### but claimed to be the land of the free.. whelp ni##as i'm out.
 12-26-2012, 07:17 AMaway - #28
Rico23 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$32,784 | POWERFUL
The fact that Tarantino had the balls to put this out Christmas Day
 12-26-2012, 07:50 AMonline - #29
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts

d 
space
$8,413 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TRILL SH1T
After watching this movie is anyone surprised Will Smith turned it down? I can't not imagine him doing a few of those scenes he's to 'family man' 'clean cut'... Script prob scared him
I was thinking the same ####, no way will would have did this after reading that script..
 12-26-2012, 08:00 AMonline - #30
xplicit_03 6 heat pts

d 
space
$595 | 3819784
Django was my second favorite film of the year next to The Life Of Pie... Tarantino is my dude, he's never made a bad film, and seems to be hitting his stride.

I'm not black, and I can see how it might be weird for ya'll, but I was with my cousin who is half black, and his step dad who's full black from Compton, and they ####ing loved it!

#### is one of the funniest films of the year, but at the same time one of the most intense/disturbing films of the year. Tarantino is a master at balancing his films with heart wrenching REALISTIC violence, and OVER THE TOP "Tarantino" violence...

For the most part the performances were great! LEO was so ####ing amazing. Dude needs to win an Oscar, but I'm not sure they're going to give him the nod, because of the content... #### was weird hearing him say the N-word, but dude was such a badass but likable at the same time.

Samuel L. Jackson dropped a fire performance as a grumpy a$s slave, and almost stole the show!

Jamie Foxx's performance was decent, but I thought it was a tad underwritten for the protagonist of the film. Dude did a solid job, and did the best with what he was given.

Kerry Washington's performance was beautiful and heartbreaking as Broomhilda, and she gave a very surprising and brave performance.

Overall I give it a 4 out of 5.

I love Tarantino, but for me Inglorious was his masterpiece so far. Django was still an amazing film, but probably ranks :
1.Inglorious
2.Reservoir
3.Pulp
4.Django
5.Jackie Brown
 12-26-2012, 09:04 AMaway - #31
Mr Kush 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$2,008 | POWERFUL
Great, great movie. Anyone who thinks it is racist should give it a watch. Tarantino authentically depicted the south. It could be emotionally unsettling for some, but I'd recommend it.
 12-26-2012, 09:32 AMaway - #32
ManWithoutFear! 2 heat pts

d 
space
$9,189 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dman 4901

but my boy said black people were walking out the movie an he told me people were laughing at the wrong #### sometimes
My cousin said a few "older" black couples peeled out like midway through. My cousin isnt one of them scholastic a$s ni##as though so he didnt have this "in depth" analysis of the flik & his experience seein the #### when I talked to him last night. He basically said he might have liked it more if there werent so many white folk in there. Said the #### blew his high.
 12-26-2012, 09:58 AMaway - #33
dman 4901 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$2,639 | 17199209
Originally Posted by ManWithoutFear!
My cousin said a few "older" black couples peeled out like midway through. My cousin isnt one of them scholastic a$s ni##as though so he didnt have this "in depth" analysis of the flik & his experience seein the #### when I talked to him last night. He basically said he might have liked it more if there werent so many white folk in there. Said the #### blew his high.
thats not a good look when people walk out half way through a movie.It does make sense that an older couple would walk out, there a little bit more aware of bull#### then us young'ins . i want to see reviews from some older blacks an some younger blacks that are also aware of bull####.

i bet you that older couple was like this

some #### is uncalled for but everyone doesnt understand that or care

but thats crazy how his high was blown mine would to though. i saw the trailer months back an that #### blew my high back then an i really like jamie an SLJ but i cant get jiggy with that ####

Last edited by dman 4901; 12-26-2012 at 10:04 AM..
 12-26-2012, 10:07 AMaway - #34
ManWithoutFear! 2 heat pts

d 
space
$9,189 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dman 4901
thats not a good look when people walk out half way through a movie.It does make sense that an older couple would walk out, there a little bit more aware of bull#### then us young'ins . i want to see reviews from so older blacks an some younger blacks that are also aware of bull####.

i bet you that older couple was like this

some #### is uncalled for but everyone doesnt understand that or care

thats crazy how his high was blown mine would to though. i saw the trailer months back an that #### blew my high back then an i really like jamie an SLJ but i cant get jiggy with that ####
My other cousin seen it last night too. He's about 20-21 I think. And he's stationed in Ft.Campbell Kentucky. He text me said Sam Jackson was funny in that ####. He liked it so...
I don't know. You know, different strokes for different folks I suppose.
 12-26-2012, 10:08 AMaway - #35
Mr Kush 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$2,008 | POWERFUL
I went with my black friends and they enjoyed it greatly

I'm Spanish and I thought they did a great job showing how retarded and unintelligent inbred white hicks were back then. He also did a great job authentically depicted the brutality of slavery and other issues blacks had to deal with in the civil war era. He also did a great job showing how much farther along Europeans were culturally (and still are). As a history buff I loved this movie, Tarantino had some serious balls to depict slavery and the old south as authentically as he did.

Yall can piggy back Spike or just listen to whatever your cousins say and #### like that but as a movie fan I have no clue how you can pass up on a movie of the year candidate in fear of getting offended

If he doesnt depict it brutally enough he gets flack, if it's too brutal he gets flack Let the oscars do the talking
 12-26-2012, 10:11 AMaway - #36
Mr Kush 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$2,008 | POWERFUL
If there is any group of people that don't like this film it will be racist white southerners
 12-26-2012, 10:12 AMaway - #37

d 
space
$4,462 | POWERFUL
It would've taken balls to put the word kike in inglorious basterds 100 + times. Going at blacks is easy work everybody will just call them sensitive. Tarentino knows which envelops to push and which ones to stay away from.
 12-26-2012, 10:15 AMaway - #38
Mr Kush 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$2,008 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Patrick Galooly
It would've taken balls to put the word kike in inglorious basterds 100 + times. Going at blacks is easy work everybody will just call them sensitive. Tarentino knows which envelops to push and which ones to stay away from.
Huh?

Why would the word "kike" an American term that originated in America for jewish immigrants, be used in Germany during World War 2? That doesn't make sense to me. That's just historically inaccurate
 12-26-2012, 10:16 AMaway - #39
dman 4901 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$2,639 | 17199209
Originally Posted by ManWithoutFear!
My other cousin seen it last night too. He's about 20-21 I think. And he's stationed in Ft.Campbell Kentucky. He text me said Sam Jackson was funny in that ####. He liked it so...
I don't know. You know, different strokes for different folks I suppose.
you right about that, 110 percent my dude
 12-26-2012, 10:18 AMaway - #40

d 
space
$4,462 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mr Kush
Huh?

Why would the word "kike" an American term that originated in America for jewish immigrants, be used in Germany during World War 2? That doesn't make sense to me. That's just historically inaccurate
I'm sure the Germans had their slurs for Jewish people, point is he stayed the #### away from using them. Like I said Tarentino knows who to #### with and who to stay away from.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Forza Horizon 2 |OT| The Only Club for Driving you'll ..
81 comments
NFL **Breaking** Dennis Allen Fired
66 comments
NFL Brady snubs Garoppolo after touchdown drive
52 comments
  Young Thug Supposedly Banned From St. Louis
New reply 18 seconds ago - 88 comments - by KleanKutt100
  Sep 28 - Nearly 2 Million Americans Have Chlamydia
New reply 8 minutes ago - 125 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NBA Dion Waiters Call John Wall 'best Backcourt' Comment &...
New reply 56 seconds ago - 125 comments - by Bkjj11
  Middle-earth: Shadow Of Mordor |ot| The Lotr Game We'v...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 134 comments - by CrAkKedOuT
 Image(s) inside Sep 29 - Ny Man Who Biked Around The World Killed By T...
New reply 1 minute ago - 166 comments - by italiansteve
  So Durk Posted A Picture Of A Boy That Got Kill...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 188 comments - by HeatMafia410
 audio inside The Game - Black On Black (ft. Jeezy & Kevin Gates)
New reply 2 minutes ago - 69 comments - by malc
 NBA #nba2krank - Rankings For Every Nba Player
New reply 15 minutes ago - 67 comments - by Gremlin

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,817 fans of BX and 2 new today 4,798 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.