Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
68 viewing
 Video inside Tyrone vs Big Brody
60 comments
most viewed right now
57 viewing
Article inside The Verge: "FWA Is Terrible, Carter 5 Won't See The Light Of Day"
148 comments

top in section
21 viewing
NBA Jahlil Okafor SL Highlights vs Spurs (2015.07.06) - 20 Pts, 9 Reb, 2 Blks ..
top in sports
top in section
33 viewing
Image inside Jul 6 - PIRATE BAY WAS WORTH DOING PRISON TIME FOR, CO-FOUNDER SAYS
top in news

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #181
2113 29 heat pts29 space
space
$1,993 | 19365467
cheguevara said:
just came back from seeing it

i fu*kin loved the movie...it was great from start to finish.

the rick ross song was random

[spoiler - click to view]

samuel L fu*kin JACKSON..."sweet jesus, let me k!ll this n*gga"
Okay I just saw the movie today and I fricken loved every minute of it even the first 25 minutes I missed.One of the best of 2012 slightly edging out Looper,Dark Knight Rises,and The Avengers for me atm...I was literally on the edge of my seat the whole film.The whole cast k!lled it! Especially Leo,Waltz,and Jackson.....Man Jackson...his character had me through the whole movie....now no homo when I ask this but as for your post at what point was J.Foxx fully nud3? was it

Im asking for a friend.
Cause I don't recall seeing that part. Movie gets a 10/10 from me.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #182
Stupid Fresh 173 heat pts173 space
Sofa King Retarded
space
$19,820 | POWERFUL
skillahmang said:

you guys should check all parts of this. but this part specifically with quentin and kerrys answers give both of their perspectives on making this movie and maybe change your mind on quentins intentions.
jamie hairline is wild as sh*t
Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - away - #183
SlickJ101 17 heat pts17 space
Is Water
space
$9,559 | POWERFUL
Niruggg said:
nah see i'm smarter than the average nig ger so seeing the physical lashing really had no effect (i mean we all know of the barbarous and uncivilized nature of the white man so no surprises there). i had issue with psychology of the film, the subtleties that went unnoticed by most.

nice try though
Another racist cryin racism

[pic - click to view]

Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #184
TheChief 15 heat pts15 space
space
$3,679 | POWERFUL
the movie was great. I've read worse things about slavery and racism than what was in the movie.

Black power fu*k the racist white man
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #185
shadydre85 26 heat pts26 space
space
$6,199 | POWERFUL
hockeythug said:

That sh*t had me dying my girlfriend whos white was like is that rick ross? Everyone was laughing. Movie was fu*king dope. Some parts I couldnt watch cuz it hurt knowing how my people went threw that bs. But seeing those white slave masters get what was coming to them was good. 5/5 might go see it again.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #186
born wisdom  space
The Coolest
space
$2,170 | 4294830
Just got back from seeing it. Movie was great. fu*k is spike lee crying about. sh*t was crazy man. I enjoyed every second of it. Jamie christoph and Leo all played their roles well. Christoph is that dude tho.

was anybody else mad at Samuel Ls character. I wanted to jump thru the screen on that house n*gga lol.

. Go see it and don't be some "uppity n*gga" lol.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #187
titusfuk 3 heat pts space
City By The Sea xESLBx
space
$2,228 | 6394334
great movie
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #188
I_REP_VA 7 heat pts space
Deep Chip Stacks
space
$5,848 | 18332292
Just saw he movie yesterday..

All I can say is tarantino is a genius.. definitely a twisted mind.. but a genius
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #189
Vincent_Chase 23 heat pts23 space
See You @ the Finish Line
space
$9,767 | POWERFUL
Movie was dope, I loved it and been waiting for 2 years to see this. An accurate portrayal too
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #190
IIBulletZ 6 heat pts space
space
$3,919 | 3617254
I am replying to this thread without even checking any posts, only to say that the movie comes out here on the 16th, i already got my ticket and I CAN'T WAIT!

Also PLEASE be careful about adding spoilers in the topic titles when making new topics.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #191
Throbbin' Thicke 70 heat pts70 space
space
$9,494 | POWERFUL
I saw the movie last night. And i can say I was NOT offended one bit. As a black man seeing some of the things portrayed in this movie that actually took place in real life made you feel some kind of way, that this sh*t actually happened.

But I was never offended and it was a great movie that I think will go down as a classic with tons of replay value. Tarantino is definitely my favorite director. Not gonna spoil it for anyone but had I saw Samuel L Jackson right after I saw that movie I would have legit slapped the sh*t out of him
Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - away - #192
V.R. Nabor 1 heat pts space
fu*k des rap n*ggas
space
$3,205 | 20710325
3.5/5 writing wasn't that great in the movie as the story, only parts I enjoyed were the k!lling.. And who was that white chick with the axe that had her face covered when they were in Mississippi
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #193
Nautilus O 14 heat pts14 space
Hennessy and Grape Juice
space
$9,910 | POWERFUL
As a black man, i walked out of that theater feeling like a million bucks.

I'm going go out on a limb and say that this movie was Quentin Tarantino's middle finger to White Republicans and Racists out there. I think its pretty dope that a white director is basically standing on a table shouting "See what your ancestors were doing to these people and you think this is something they should be over with by now???" No black director could get this movie through Hollywood, including Spike Lee.

Dope movie
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #194
Bob Sacamano  space
space
$4,749 | 13324217
the pros outweigh the cons, but there are quite a few cons. For starters, it was too long, 15-20 minutes shorter and it would have been a better movie. Also, why wouldn't they have just straight up offered the money for the girl? There was no real reason for them to pretend they wanted a different slave, that really made very little sense, kinda seemed like a contrived plot-line, and the tension based on their pretending was not nearly as strong as in Inglorious Basterds (ex. Basement bar scene vs. dinner scene with Leo and Sam Jackson). Probably because there was no good reason for the pretending in Django, while in Basterds the pretending was vital to the whole 'master plan.' Inglorious Basterds did not have a single con. Django was dope though, definitely gonna watch it several times at a minimum, maybe once more before it leaves theaters.

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 01-01-2013 at 06:24 PM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #195
Nautilus O 14 heat pts14 space
Hennessy and Grape Juice
space
$9,910 | POWERFUL
Bob Sacamano said:
the pros outweigh the cons, but there are quite a few cons. For starters, it was too long, 15-20 minutes shorter and it would have been a better movie. Also, why wouldn't they have just straight up offered the money for the girl? There was no real reason for them to pretend they wanted a different slave, that really made very little sense, kinda seemed like a contrived plot-line, and the tension based on their pretending was not nearly as strong as in Inglorious Basterds (ex. Basement bar scene vs. dinner scene with Leo and Sam Jackson). Inglorious Basterds did not have a single con. Django was dope though, definitely gonna watch it several times at a minimum, maybe once more before it leaves theaters.
:snoopcmonson: I was gonna call you dumb... but that wouldn't be appropriate. You just ignorant to that part of the hustle. He explained why he they should find another avenue. Its also a strategic and often used move in negotiations and cons. Read 48 laws of power and the story about the yellow kid and the boxing match. It makes perfect sense. This still happens today. Read up on Bruce Ratner and why he brought the Nets.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #196
Bob Sacamano  space
space
$4,749 | 13324217
Nautilus O said:
:snoopcmonson: I was gonna call you dumb... but that wouldn't be appropriate. You just ignorant to that part of the hustle. He explained why he they should find another avenue. Its also a strategic and often used move in negotiations and cons. Read 48 laws of power and the story about the yellow kid and the boxing match. It makes perfect sense. This still happens today. Read up on Bruce Ratner and why he brought the Nets.
I mean, I took a klonopin and smoked a joint before seeing the movie, so I very well could be forgetful about some details and therefore wrong about that statement. Hence, why I wana see the movie again. I'm not dumb though, that would have been inappropriate and inaccurate hah.

Didn't Leo agree to sell the chick for 12k after finding out that they lied to him bout their intentions? Why wouldn't have he agreed if they were simply honest and forthright?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #197
psylence2k 43 heat pts43 space
space
$11,056 | POWERFUL
Bob Sacamano said:
I mean, I took a klonopin and smoked a joint before seeing the movie, so I very well could be forgetful about some details and therefore wrong about that statement. Hence, why I wana see the movie again. I'm not dumb though, that would have been inappropriate and inaccurate hah.

Didn't Leo agree to sell the chick for 12k after finding out that they lied to him bout their intentions? Why wouldn't have he agreed if they were simply honest and forthright?
the whole thing was explained clearly in the movie

they didn't want to make an outright offer for the girl because they were afraid Leo would just say No.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #198
JimDinO77 9 heat pts space
My Beats Hard n*gga -_-
space
$18,119 | POWERFUL
this movie was dope as fu*kkkkkkK!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!
Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - away - #199
iPunish901 12 heat pts12 space
Our Year!
space
$13,054 | POWERFUL
great movie. my gf who is white, thought they did overuse the n word, but if im watching a movie from that time period, then i expect the realism. sam jack def played the uncle ruckus role to the max, made you laugh and hate him at the same time.

that rick ross track was dope and fit perfectly for that scene.

and i knew tarintino would make an appearance in the movie, but that had to be the worst of all the appearances he has made in his movies. it really felt like they picked some joe schmo off the street to spit a few lines and he was trying too hard.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #200
psylence2k 43 heat pts43 space
space
$11,056 | POWERFUL
I actually thought the N-word was under used in the film just by a little

There were definitely some moments here and there where I expected the white folk to say the N-word again but they didn't or referred to them by something else.

Home > all sections > The TV/Movie Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
9 viewing
Jul 5 - 30 people shot in 8 hours in Chicago
200 comments
@news
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Image inside Stuck in a Basement for 10 Years: What Do You Pick?
288 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Possible Red Dead Redemption 2 Details
67 comments
@games
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Video inside Most unintentionally hilarious scene in a movie ever
121 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Image inside 'Hong Kong is not China': Artist's illustrations go viral
45 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Jul 5 - Man poses as armored truck employee, walks out of Walmart with $75,000
101 comments
@news
most viewed right now
3 viewing
Video inside David Banner: What's Going On In Hip-Hop Today Is Embarrassing
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
3 viewing
Image inside Reebok Classic Fans?
19 comments
@gear
most viewed right now
2 viewing
Image inside What Is Under Elizabeth Olsen's Skirt?
66 comments
@eyecandy

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time