Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons
 12-28-2012, 09:25 PMaway - #181
2113 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$1,457 | 15123006
Originally Posted by cheguevara
just came back from seeing it

i ####in loved the movie...it was great from start to finish.

the rick ross song was random

jamie foxx butt a$s nak3d tho, balls and di#k showing was uexpected..

samuel L ####in JACKSON..."sweet jesus, let me k!ll this ni##a"
Okay I just saw the movie today and I fricken loved every minute of it even the first 25 minutes I missed.One of the best of 2012 slightly edging out Looper,Dark Knight Rises,and The Avengers for me atm...I was literally on the edge of my seat the whole film.The whole cast k!lled it! Especially Leo,Waltz,and Jackson.....Man Jackson...his character had me through the whole movie....now no homo when I ask this but as for your post at what point was J.Foxx fully nud3? was it when old boy had him hanging upside down in Caine's barn after the shoot out on the Caine plaintation? Im asking for a friend.
Cause I don't recall seeing that part. Movie gets a 10/10 from me.
 12-28-2012, 09:54 PMaway - #182
Stupid Fresh 168 heat pts168

d 
space
$18,061 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by skillahmang

you guys should check all parts of this. but this part specifically with quentin and kerrys answers give both of their perspectives on making this movie and maybe change your mind on quentins intentions.
jamie hairline is wild as ####
 12-28-2012, 10:20 PMaway - #183
SlickJ101 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$8,886 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Niruggg
nah see i'm smarter than the average nig ger so seeing the physical lashing really had no effect (i mean we all know of the barbarous and uncivilized nature of the white man so no surprises there). i had issue with psychology of the film, the subtleties that went unnoticed by most.

nice try though
Another racist cryin racism

12-29-2012, 01:03 AMaway - #184
TheChief 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$2,911 | 20945845
the movie was great. I've read worse things about slavery and racism than what was in the movie.

Black power #### the racist white man
 12-29-2012, 07:00 AMaway - #185
shadydre85 19 heat pts19

d 
space
$5,678 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by hockeythug
when that Rick Ross song came on I was
That #### had me dying my girlfriend whos white was like is that rick ross? Everyone was laughing. Movie was ####ing dope. Some parts I couldnt watch cuz it hurt knowing how my people went threw that bs. But seeing those white slave masters get what was coming to them was good. 5/5 might go see it again.
 12-29-2012, 02:20 PMaway - #186
born wisdom 

d 
space
$1,914 | 3508309
Just got back from seeing it. Movie was great. #### is spike lee crying about. #### was crazy man. I enjoyed every second of it. Jamie christoph and Leo all played their roles well. Christoph is that dude tho. he went out like a g. He couldn't take what he saw done to that mandingo n had to handle biz. What Leo did was ruff to watch and hear tho. was anybody else mad at Samuel Ls character. I wanted to jump thru the screen on that house ni##a lol. that part where Leo really cut himself and the whole skull and dialogue that came with that scene was crazy. Why didn't slaves revolt sooner. They out numbered their slave masters. Good scene.. Go see it and don't be some "uppity ni##a" lol.
 12-29-2012, 02:29 PMaway - #187
titusfuk 3 heat pts

d 
space
$2,222 | 6394333
great movie
 12-30-2012, 10:20 AMaway - #188
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,492 | 16918015
Just saw he movie yesterday..

All I can say is tarantino is a genius.. definitely a twisted mind.. but a genius
 12-30-2012, 06:47 PMaway - #189
Vincent_Chase 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$9,686 | POWERFUL
Movie was dope, I loved it and been waiting for 2 years to see this. An accurate portrayal too
 01-01-2013, 04:08 AMaway - #190
IIBulletZ 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,864 | 3512251
I am replying to this thread without even checking any posts, only to say that the movie comes out here on the 16th, i already got my ticket and I CAN'T WAIT!

Also PLEASE be careful about adding spoilers in the topic titles when making new topics.
 01-01-2013, 12:52 PMaway - #191
Throbbin' Thicke 70 heat pts70

d 
space
$9,494 | POWERFUL
I saw the movie last night. And i can say I was NOT offended one bit. As a black man seeing some of the things portrayed in this movie that actually took place in real life made you feel some kind of way, that this #### actually happened.

But I was never offended and it was a great movie that I think will go down as a classic with tons of replay value. Tarantino is definitely my favorite director. Not gonna spoil it for anyone but had I saw Samuel L Jackson right after I saw that movie I would have legit slapped the #### out of him
 01-01-2013, 01:49 PMaway - #192
V.R. Nabor 

d 
space
$2,701 | 16151029
3.5/5 writing wasn't that great in the movie as the story, only parts I enjoyed were the k!lling.. And who was that white chick with the axe that had her face covered when they were in Mississippi
 01-01-2013, 06:13 PMaway - #193
Nautilus O 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$7,132 | POWERFUL
As a black man, i walked out of that theater feeling like a million bucks.

I'm going go out on a limb and say that this movie was Quentin Tarantino's middle finger to White Republicans and Racists out there. I think its pretty dope that a white director is basically standing on a table shouting "See what your ancestors were doing to these people and you think this is something they should be over with by now???" No black director could get this movie through Hollywood, including Spike Lee.

Dope movie
 01-01-2013, 06:19 PMaway - #194
Bob Sacamano 

d 
space
$4,749 | 13324217
the pros outweigh the cons, but there are quite a few cons. For starters, it was too long, 15-20 minutes shorter and it would have been a better movie. Also, why wouldn't they have just straight up offered the money for the girl? There was no real reason for them to pretend they wanted a different slave, that really made very little sense, kinda seemed like a contrived plot-line, and the tension based on their pretending was not nearly as strong as in Inglorious Basterds (ex. Basement bar scene vs. dinner scene with Leo and Sam Jackson). Probably because there was no good reason for the pretending in Django, while in Basterds the pretending was vital to the whole 'master plan.' Inglorious Basterds did not have a single con. Django was dope though, definitely gonna watch it several times at a minimum, maybe once more before it leaves theaters.

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 01-01-2013 at 06:24 PM..
 01-01-2013, 06:29 PMaway - #195
Nautilus O 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$7,132 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bob Sacamano
the pros outweigh the cons, but there are quite a few cons. For starters, it was too long, 15-20 minutes shorter and it would have been a better movie. Also, why wouldn't they have just straight up offered the money for the girl? There was no real reason for them to pretend they wanted a different slave, that really made very little sense, kinda seemed like a contrived plot-line, and the tension based on their pretending was not nearly as strong as in Inglorious Basterds (ex. Basement bar scene vs. dinner scene with Leo and Sam Jackson). Inglorious Basterds did not have a single con. Django was dope though, definitely gonna watch it several times at a minimum, maybe once more before it leaves theaters.
:snoopcmonson: I was gonna call you dumb... but that wouldn't be appropriate. You just ignorant to that part of the hustle. He explained why he they should find another avenue. Its also a strategic and often used move in negotiations and cons. Read 48 laws of power and the story about the yellow kid and the boxing match. It makes perfect sense. This still happens today. Read up on Bruce Ratner and why he brought the Nets.
 01-01-2013, 06:48 PMaway - #196
Bob Sacamano 

d 
space
$4,749 | 13324217
Originally Posted by Nautilus O
:snoopcmonson: I was gonna call you dumb... but that wouldn't be appropriate. You just ignorant to that part of the hustle. He explained why he they should find another avenue. Its also a strategic and often used move in negotiations and cons. Read 48 laws of power and the story about the yellow kid and the boxing match. It makes perfect sense. This still happens today. Read up on Bruce Ratner and why he brought the Nets.
I mean, I took a klonopin and smoked a joint before seeing the movie, so I very well could be forgetful about some details and therefore wrong about that statement. Hence, why I wana see the movie again. I'm not dumb though, that would have been inappropriate and inaccurate hah.

Didn't Leo agree to sell the chick for 12k after finding out that they lied to him bout their intentions? Why wouldn't have he agreed if they were simply honest and forthright?
 01-01-2013, 07:09 PMaway - #197
psylence2k 43 heat pts43

d 
space
$9,907 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bob Sacamano
I mean, I took a klonopin and smoked a joint before seeing the movie, so I very well could be forgetful about some details and therefore wrong about that statement. Hence, why I wana see the movie again. I'm not dumb though, that would have been inappropriate and inaccurate hah.

Didn't Leo agree to sell the chick for 12k after finding out that they lied to him bout their intentions? Why wouldn't have he agreed if they were simply honest and forthright?
the whole thing was explained clearly in the movie

they didn't want to make an outright offer for the girl because they were afraid Leo would just say No.
 01-01-2013, 08:31 PMaway - #198
JimDinO77 5 heat pts

d 
space
$15,726 | POWERFUL
this movie was dope as ####kkkkkK!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!
 01-01-2013, 09:26 PMaway - #199
iPunish901 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$12,877 | POWERFUL
great movie. my gf who is white, thought they did overuse the n word, but if im watching a movie from that time period, then i expect the realism. sam jack def played the uncle ruckus role to the max, made you laugh and hate him at the same time.

that rick ross track was dope and fit perfectly for that scene.

and i knew tarintino would make an appearance in the movie, but that had to be the worst of all the appearances he has made in his movies. it really felt like they picked some joe schmo off the street to spit a few lines and he was trying too hard.
 01-01-2013, 09:49 PMaway - #200
psylence2k 43 heat pts43

d 
space
$9,907 | POWERFUL
I actually thought the N-word was under used in the film just by a little

There were definitely some moments here and there where I expected the white folk to say the N-word again but they didn't or referred to them by something else.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Hannibal Buress Called Bill Cosby a Rapist During a St..
71 comments
Video inside  Xbox Won multitasking at work (Party/Movie/Game)
99 comments
NBA Derrick Rose puts Kyrie Irving in the Spin Cycle (gif)
55 comments
 MLB The 2014 World Series: Kansas City Royals Vs. San Fran...
New reply 16 seconds ago - 368 comments - by !!!
  Chief Keef Dropped From Interscope
New reply 13 minutes ago - 319 comments - by youngige
 Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds 2 Ig Comment
New reply 33 seconds ago - 69 comments - by Dray
 Image(s) inside Slowbucks Responds
New reply 21 minutes ago - 132 comments - by ajeana
  10 Producers Accused Of Making The Same Beat Over And ...
New reply 1 minute ago - 160 comments - by sittinpretti
 audio inside Joe Budden "ordinary Love Sh-t Pt. 4"
New reply 24 minutes ago - 91 comments - by Nickel
 Image(s) inside Oct 20 - You Can Turn A $2000 Shipping Container Into ...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 78 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Video inside Smack/url Presents- Shotgun Suge Vs Charron [discussio...
New reply 34 minutes ago - 127 comments - by ZeusSlaps

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,829 fans of BX | none new today 4,795 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.