This is BX @ Boxden.com

Christopher Nolan says no to 'Justice League' film

Christopher Nolan says no to 'Justice League' film
topic by Steve - 07-09-2012, 07:54 AM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot

Now that Christopher Nolan is done with his epic Batman trilogy, the filmmaker has quashed speculation that he might be involved in a Justice League movie featuring the Dark Knight.

Writer-director Nolan said his take on Batman wraps up with The Dark Knight Rises, his third and final film centered on the DC Comics superhero. In an interview over the weekend to promote the finale, Nolan said he has no Justice League plans.

“No, none at all,” Nolan said. “We’re finished with all we’re doing with Batman. This is the end of our take on this character.”
Fans have conjectured that Nolan might return to Batman by producing a big-screen take on Justice League, DC Comics’ Avengers-style ensemble whose key superheroes include the Dark Knight, Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern.

Get more EW: Subscribe to the magazine for only 33 an issue!

Nolan guesses that the Justice League rumors started because of his involvement as a producer on next summer’s Superman relaunch, Man of Steel.

He also said he does not intend to get involved with any future solo Batman films when distributor Warner Bros., which owns DC Comics, decides the time is right to launch a new take on the masked vigilante.
“Batman will outlive us all, and our interpretation was ours. Obviously, we consider it definitive and kind of finished. The great thing about Batman is he lives on for future generations to reinterpret, and obviously, Warners will have to decide in the future what they’re going to do with him,” Nolan said. “We’ve had our say on the character. …
“I’ve got no plans to do anything more, and certainly, no involvement with any Justice League project.”
After Disney’s success with The Avengers, the big-screen round-up of Marvel Comics superheroes that has pulled in $1.45 billion worldwide, speculation has grown that Warner Bros. would get its own ensemble flick on the drawing board.

Nolan resurrected the Dark Knight with 2005′s Batman Begins and shattered box-office records with 2008′s The Dark Knight, which won a posthumous Academy Award for Heath Ledger as the Joker.

The Dark Knight Rises reunites Nolan with Christian Bale as billionaire Bruce Wayne and his Batman alter-ego; Michael Caine as stalwart butler Alfred; Morgan Freeman as Wayne Enterprises mastermind Lucius Fox; and Gary Oldman as upright Police Commissioner Jim Gordon. Joining the cast are Anne Hathaway as daring thief Selina Kyle, also known as Catwoman, and three of Nolan’s “Inception” co-stars: Tom Hardy as brutish villain Bane; Marion Cotillard as Wayne’s new business ally, Miranda Tate; and Joseph Gordon-Levitt as gutsy cop John Blake.

The story begins eight years after the action of The Dark Knight, with Batman vanished from the scene and vilified as an enemy of Gotham City, whose tough anti-crime laws have cleaned up the streets. A limping, emotionally shattered recluse, Bale’s Wayne is forced back into action as Bane lays deadly siege to the city.

Christopher Nolan -- Justice League won't happen with me | Inside Movies | EW.com

Latest Movies Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

30 comments for "Christopher Nolan says no to 'Justice League' film"

07-09-2012, 08:03 AMaway - #2
endless lies 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$1,553 | 0
He can't do big sci-fi stuff anyway.
 07-09-2012, 09:41 AMaway - #3
TH35 72 heat pts72

d 
space
$57,041 | POWERFUL
Good say no to this and James Bond or any other adaptation.
 07-09-2012, 10:21 AMaway - #4
One-O-One 7 heat pts

d 
space
$4,876 | POWERFUL
Cool

07-09-2012, 02:14 PMaway - #5
whouthinkitis 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$5,234 | POWERFUL
I don't blame Nolan especially with how WB/DC has all it's characters tied up in legal mess.
 07-09-2012, 02:15 PMaway - #6
Sticks 107 heat pts107

d 
space
$16,479 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TH35
Good say no to this and James Bond or any other adaptation.
I agree. We need more original #### like The Prestige
 07-09-2012, 02:18 PMaway - #7
TH35 72 heat pts72

d 
space
$57,041 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sticks
The Prestige wasn't original its a novel from 1995. More so Inception or Memento (although Memento is from his brothers short story).
 07-09-2012, 02:35 PMaway - #8
Steve 29450 heat pts29450

d 
space
$95,883 | POWERFUL
i can highlight quotes too

Omega lost!!
 07-09-2012, 03:22 PMonline - #9
PrinceDeville25 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$2,878 | 14197699
They gonna #### things up with this JUSTICE LEAGUE movie. HOLLYWOOD is so greedy. They're scrambling now to get it off the ground. It's going to #### up Christopher Nolan's batman trilogy. Because of JUSTICE LEAGUE, they're going to try to reboot another batman series too soon
 07-09-2012, 03:24 PMaway - #10

d 
space
$95,883 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PrinceDeville25
They gonna #### things up with this JUSTICE LEAGUE movie. HOLLYWOOD is so greedy. They're scrambling now to get it off the ground. It's going to #### up Christopher Nolan's batman trilogy. Because of JUSTICE LEAGUE, they're going to try to reboot another batman series too soon
 07-09-2012, 03:31 PMaway - #11
kiddalex 7 heat pts

d 
space
$2,235 | 16186861
Originally Posted by PrinceDeville25
And with Spider-man making money they gonna think they got a blank check to do these quick a$s reboots too .....
 07-09-2012, 03:51 PMaway - #12
Bobby's World 5 heat pts

d 
space
$8,304 | POWERFUL
I want to see some more originals from Nolan. He dont need to beat a dead horse with the superhero movies. He smashed that, time to move forward...
 07-09-2012, 04:00 PMaway - #13
zhiggeman 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,501 | POWERFUL
so nobody see what he's doing there.. He keeps saying this is all he is going to do with the BATMAN character.. he says nothing about not doing a Robin/Nightwing spinoff tho..
 07-09-2012, 04:05 PMaway - #14
factorx3 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,200 | 4254673
Originally Posted by zhiggeman
so nobody see what he's doing there.. He keeps saying this is all he is going to do with the BATMAN character.. he says nothing about not doing a Robin/Nightwing spinoff tho..
nah he wouldnt do it
 07-09-2012, 04:14 PMonline - #15
BlkHoodie88 

d 
space
$422 | 1552177
Originally Posted by zhiggeman
"I like where this is Headed"
 07-09-2012, 05:03 PMaway - #16

d 
space
$95,883 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sticks
good movies
 07-09-2012, 05:18 PMaway - #17

d 
space
$95,883 | POWERFUL
Omega lost again!!
 07-09-2012, 05:24 PMaway - #18
Curtisimo 2 heat pts

d 
space
$11,241 | POWERFUL
DC need to stop Swagger jacking.

Anyway I don't really see how a Justice League movie could work.

Batman's the most successful character movie in DC's franchise and he's pretty irrelevant when he's in the justice leave world as far as I remember
 07-09-2012, 05:28 PMaway - #19
DaOmega_1 234 heat pts234

d 
space
$11,444 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by SM
Omega lost again!!
SM... May I ask a question?

Why am I on your mind so much? I don't give a #### about you, sir. But, it's clear that my presence somehow bothers you. Dude, relax. It's boxden, unlike you, I live a life outside of this website. I don't take this #### seriously, even though you do.

07-09-2012, 05:31 PMaway - #20
Michael 1987 637 heat pts637

d 
space
$59,389 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DaOmega_1
SM... May I ask a question?

Why am I on your mind so much? I don't give a #### about you, sir. But, it's clear that my presence somehow bothers you. Dude, relax. It's boxden, unlike you, I live a life outside of this website. I don't take this #### seriously, even though you do.

In DaOmega_1 I Trust.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Forza Horizon 2 |OT| The Only Club for Driving you'll ..
74 comments
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| The LOTR Game We've Been Wa..
122 comments
NFL **Breaking** Dennis Allen Fired
61 comments
 NBA Dion Waiters Call John Wall 'best Backcourt' Comment &...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 94 comments - by Bkjj11
  Sep 28 - Nearly 2 Million Americans Have Chlamydia
New reply 6 minutes ago - 115 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NBA Kobe Disses Swaggy P
New reply 4 minutes ago - 60 comments - by Bkjj11
 Video inside Rosenberg Sheds Light On Amber & Wiz Divorce (chea...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 103 comments - by grad051709
 Image(s) inside Young Thug Rhq & Birdman- Richgang: The Tour (offi...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 90 comments - by NoLastName
 Image(s) inside Sep 29 - Ny Man Who Biked Around The World Killed By T...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 153 comments - by italiansteve
 NBA #nba2krank - Rankings For Every Nba Player
New reply 6 minutes ago - 59 comments - by Gremlin
  So Durk Posted A Picture Of A Boy That Got Kill...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 175 comments - by HeatMafia410

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,817 fans of BX and 2 new today 4,798 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.