Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Christopher Nolan says no to 'Justice League' film

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
54 viewing
Image inside My 25 years as a hooker
77 comments
most viewed right now
52 viewing
Image inside Ass Looks So Soft... Armani Stone
104 comments

top in section
26 viewing
Article inside From worst to first: Ranking every state in America
top in wild'ish
top in section
29 viewing
Video inside Jun 30 - Geraldo says Kendrick Lamar Is A Bigger Threat To The Black Co..
top in news

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Christopher Nolan says no to 'Justice League' film
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #1
2310 pageviews
30 comments

Steve 31905 heat pts31905 space
Boxden GOAT
space
$103,164 | POWERFUL

Now that Christopher Nolan is done with his epic Batman trilogy, the filmmaker has quashed speculation that he might be involved in a Justice League movie featuring the Dark Knight.

Writer-director Nolan said his take on Batman wraps up with The Dark Knight Rises, his third and final film centered on the DC Comics superhero. In an interview over the weekend to promote the finale, Nolan said he has no Justice League plans.

“No, none at all,” Nolan said. “We’re finished with all we’re doing with Batman. This is the end of our take on this character.”
Fans have conjectured that Nolan might return to Batman by producing a big-screen take on Justice League, DC Comics’ Avengers-style ensemble whose key superheroes include the Dark Knight, Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern.

Get more EW: Subscribe to the magazine for only 33¢ an issue!

Nolan guesses that the Justice League rumors started because of his involvement as a producer on next summer’s Superman relaunch, Man of Steel.

He also said he does not intend to get involved with any future solo Batman films when distributor Warner Bros., which owns DC Comics, decides the time is right to launch a new take on the masked vigilante.
“Batman will outlive us all, and our interpretation was ours. Obviously, we consider it definitive and kind of finished. The great thing about Batman is he lives on for future generations to reinterpret, and obviously, Warners will have to decide in the future what they’re going to do with him,” Nolan said. “We’ve had our say on the character. …
“I’ve got no plans to do anything more, and certainly, no involvement with any Justice League project.”
After Disney’s success with The Avengers, the big-screen round-up of Marvel Comics superheroes that has pulled in $1.45 billion worldwide, speculation has grown that Warner Bros. would get its own ensemble flick on the drawing board.

Nolan resurrected the Dark Knight with 2005′s Batman Begins and shattered box-office records with 2008′s The Dark Knight, which won a posthumous Academy Award for Heath Ledger as the Joker.

The Dark Knight Rises reunites Nolan with Christian Bale as billionaire Bruce Wayne and his Batman alter-ego; Michael Caine as stalwart butler Alfred; Morgan Freeman as Wayne Enterprises mastermind Lucius Fox; and Gary Oldman as upright Police Commissioner Jim Gordon. Joining the cast are Anne Hathaway as daring thief Selina Kyle, also known as Catwoman, and three of Nolan’s “Inception” co-stars: Tom Hardy as brutish villain Bane; Marion Cotillard as Wayne’s new business ally, Miranda Tate; and Joseph Gordon-Levitt as gutsy cop John Blake.

The story begins eight years after the action of The Dark Knight, with Batman vanished from the scene and vilified as an enemy of Gotham City, whose tough anti-crime laws have cleaned up the streets. A limping, emotionally shattered recluse, Bale’s Wayne is forced back into action as Bane lays deadly siege to the city.

Christopher Nolan -- Justice League won't happen with me | Inside Movies | EW.com

Last edited by Steve; 07-09-2012 at 02:34 PM..
Props given to Steve hot topic  (07-09-2012)

30 comments for "Christopher Nolan says no to 'Justice League' film"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #2
endless lies 12 heat pts12 space
Mossad Agent
space
$1,553 | 0
He can't do big sci-fi stuff anyway.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #3
TH35 75 heat pts75 space
RNS
space
$60,739 | POWERFUL
Good say no to this and James Bond or any other adaptation.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #4
One-O-One 8 heat pts space
Picture Me Rollin'...
space
$6,255 | POWERFUL
Cool

Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #5
whouthinkitis 11 heat pts11 space
space
$6,397 | POWERFUL
I don't blame Nolan especially with how WB/DC has all it's characters tied up in legal mess.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #6
Sticks 119 heat pts119 space
space
$17,384 | POWERFUL
TH35 said:
Good say no to this and James Bond or any other adaptation.
I agree. We need more original sh*t like The Prestige
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #7
TH35 75 heat pts75 space
RNS
space
$60,739 | POWERFUL
Sticks said:
The Prestige wasn't original its a novel from 1995. More so Inception or Memento (although Memento is from his brothers short story).
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #8
Boxden GOAT
space
$103,164 | POWERFUL
i can highlight quotes too

Omega lost!!
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #9
PrinceDeville25 20 heat pts20 space
space
$4,347 | POWERFUL
They gonna fu*k things up with this JUSTICE LEAGUE movie. HOLLYWOOD is so greedy. They're scrambling now to get it off the ground. It's going to fu*k up Christopher Nolan's batman trilogy. Because of JUSTICE LEAGUE, they're going to try to reboot another batman series too soon
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #10
Boxden GOAT
space
$103,164 | POWERFUL
PrinceDeville25 said:
They gonna fu*k things up with this JUSTICE LEAGUE movie. HOLLYWOOD is so greedy. They're scrambling now to get it off the ground. It's going to fu*k up Christopher Nolan's batman trilogy. Because of JUSTICE LEAGUE, they're going to try to reboot another batman series too soon
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - on now - #11
kiddalex 8 heat pts space
Fury-ous Styles
space
$2,927 | POWERFUL
PrinceDeville25 said:
And with Spider-man making money they gonna think they got a blank check to do these quick a.ss reboots too .....
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #12
Bobby's World 6 heat pts space
Weirdo rap sh*t NeGuuuuuH
space
$9,098 | POWERFUL
I want to see some more originals from Nolan. He dont need to beat a dead horse with the superhero movies. He smashed that, time to move forward...
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #13
zhiggeman 1 heat pts space
space
$11,403 | POWERFUL
so nobody see what he's doing there.. He keeps saying this is all he is going to do with the BATMAN character.. he says nothing about not doing a Robin/Nightwing spinoff tho..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #14
factorx3 2 heat pts space
space
$2,273 | 4361803
zhiggeman said:
so nobody see what he's doing there.. He keeps saying this is all he is going to do with the BATMAN character.. he says nothing about not doing a Robin/Nightwing spinoff tho..
nah he wouldnt do it
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #15
BlkHoodie88  space
$RMF$
space
$468 | 1620548
zhiggeman said:
"I like where this is Headed"
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #16
Boxden GOAT
space
$103,164 | POWERFUL
Sticks said:
good movies
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #17
Boxden GOAT
space
$103,164 | POWERFUL
Omega lost again!!
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #18
Curtisimo 2 heat pts space
GOAT
space
$11,649 | POWERFUL
DC need to stop Swagger jacking.

Anyway I don't really see how a Justice League movie could work.

Batman's the most successful character movie in DC's franchise and he's pretty irrelevant when he's in the justice leave world as far as I remember
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #19
DaOmega_1 250 heat pts250 space
lewism.bandcamp.com
space
$12,058 | POWERFUL
SM said:
Omega lost again!!
SM... May I ask a question?

Why am I on your mind so much? I don't give a sh*t about you, sir. But, it's clear that my presence somehow bothers you. Dude, relax. It's boxden, unlike you, I live a life outside of this website. I don't take this sh*t seriously, even though you do.

Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #20
Michael 1987 692 heat pts692 space
/
space
$64,984 | POWERFUL
DaOmega_1 said:
SM... May I ask a question?

Why am I on your mind so much? I don't give a sh*t about you, sir. But, it's clear that my presence somehow bothers you. Dude, relax. It's boxden, unlike you, I live a life outside of this website. I don't take this sh*t seriously, even though you do.

In DaOmega_1 I Trust.

Home > all sections > The TV/Movie Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
24 viewing
Image inside 11 Gamer Girls Who Are Captivating Male Gamers Worldwide
19 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
23 viewing
NBA The Official 2015 NBA Free Agency Thread
410 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Image inside Hell Rell Graduates College
108 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Image inside Illuminati pubically thanks bet on fb
165 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
8 viewing
So I Saw This Documentary Way Back On Here Then Today I'm On FB And See This
197 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Jun 29 - “I think America is out of hand” American's Are Burnt Out and At Brea..
106 comments
@news
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Article inside ‘Suicide Squad’ is so dark David Ayer hired an on-set therapist
35 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Article inside Dragonball Super Manga leak
35 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
4 viewing
NBA Gregg Popovich keeping it 100 with these free agents
70 comments
@sports

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time