This is BX @ Boxden.com

Bruce Willis no longer sober :sadto:

Bruce Willis no longer sober :sadto:
topic by Jinusean - 02-14-2013, 12:50 AM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot

Bruce Willis Admits Heā€™s No Longer Sober During GQ Interview : Celebrity Gossip Blog: Celebrity Smack!

Bruce Willis decided he had a problem with drinking back in 1988 and chose to go the sober route. He remained booze-free for over two decades but in a recent interview with GQ magazine, the 57-year-old has revealed that he began drinking again.

The actor, who got sober after shooting a commercial for Seagram’s Golden Wine Cooler products in the late ‘80s, told the gentlemen’s mag, “I had been sober [for a while]. But once I realized that I wasn’t gonna run myself off the pier of life with alcohol, drinking vodka out of the bottle every day … I have wine now, mostly when I eat.”

In addition to his off the wagon reveal, Willis also told the magazine what he thinks the best advice he could give to fellow actors would be. He said, “I recently heard one of my fellow actors say it in three words: ‘Just shut up.’ Just go silent.”

He added, “Maybe it’s being older; maybe that’s just a tiny tag of wisdom, that you’ve got to think about something before you say something. I once thought that somehow, with this job, also comes the inherent right to say whatever the f*ck I want regardless of whether I’m right or wrong or think that anybody needs to hear it or should hear it.”

The actor became a dad once again to a little girl (once again) last April when his wife Emma Heming gave birth to Mabel Ray Willis. He’s looking great and still s3xy as hell at age 57. Hopefully, for his and his family’s sake he does have the drinking under control. Having wine “mostly” when you eat can add up to a lot of wine!

This... really saddens me. He was really doing good... heart breaking > Bruce Willis no longer sober :sadto: - Photo posted in The TV and Movie Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Latest Movies Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

30 comments for "Bruce Willis no longer sober :sadto:"

02-14-2013, 12:54 AMaway - #2
ruff 6 heat pts

d 
space
$23,394 | POWERFUL
Dem antioxidants tho
 02-14-2013, 01:34 AMaway - #3
Bob Sacamano 

d 
space
$4,749 | 13324217
Originally Posted by Jinusean

This... really saddens me. He was really doing good... heart breaking

Heartbreaking? The ####? Are you a blood relative or something? Dude said he drinks wine with food, which is exactly how it should be done. Maybe hes not telling the whole truth, but whatever hes a filthy rich movie star, regular folk deal with alcoholism daily without the multi-million dollar cushion to rest their heads on, I could give a #### about Bruce Willis' problems. 'Heart breaking' wow....
 02-14-2013, 01:38 AMaway - #4
Jinusean 5 heat pts

d 
space
$3,103 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bob Sacamano
Heartbreaking? The ####? Are you a blood relative or something? Dude said he drinks wine with food, which is exactly how it should be done. Maybe hes not telling the whole truth, but whatever hes a filthy rich movie star, regular folk deal with alcoholism daily without the multi-million dollar cushion to rest their heads on, I could give a #### about Bruce Willis' problems. 'Heart breaking' wow....
You don't get it do you?

See whenever I see someone taking steps to sobriety, I have nothing but the upmost respect for them, whether I know them or not. Even if it was someone who I don't even favor, like Gucci Mane, if he's trying to get sober, I have enough sense to put my opinions to the side and wish him the best. If you can't see that, then you never will
 02-14-2013, 01:59 AMaway - #5
Bob Sacamano 

d 
space
$4,749 | 13324217
You don't get it do you?

See whenever I see someone taking steps to sobriety, I have nothing but the upmost respect for them, whether I know them or not. Even if it was someone who I don't even favor, like Gucci Mane, if he's trying to get sober, I have enough sense to put my opinions to the side and wish him the best. If you can't see that, then you never will
I can, I am an alcoholic myself. I really don't care for that label, since it conjures up specific imagery and everyone is different with their habits, but I have issues surrounding alcohol more than the average person, partially due to genetics, as well as underlying generalized anxiety, for which I tend to self-medicate (I'm also cool and like to have fun). So believe me, I do get it. I just thought 'heart-breaking' went a little too far in regards to a complete stranger that is fortunate enough to be extremely wealthy and have a dream job. Furthermore, if Bruce had the honesty to admit that his abstinence was no longer intact, then maybe his description of how he just occasionally has wine with food is accurate. People can change, with age an maturity for one thing, as well as lifestyle, family commitments etc. So until we see a mugshot of Bruce Willis after he got pulled over with a BAC of .24, I don;t think its necessary to have a broken heart.

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 02-14-2013 at 02:07 AM..
 02-14-2013, 02:14 AMaway - #6
Jinusean 5 heat pts

d 
space
$3,103 | POWERFUL
True to your points, I still feel a way like, "damn all those years for nothing," but as you stated, it's to each his/her own. Hopefully he doesn't go over board but it is what it is
 02-14-2013, 02:15 AMaway - #7
iCON-8 1 heat pts

d 
space
$7,834 | 18152505
Jinusean how the hell are you sad? hes drinkin wine with his food..
 02-14-2013, 02:20 AMaway - #8
Bob Sacamano 

d 
space
$4,749 | 13324217
I respect your compassion I suppose. I'm just a bit more cynical when it comes to the problems of celebrities who have like 100 mill in the bank, and whom I do not know personally.
 02-14-2013, 08:37 PMaway - #9
2D.... 3 heat pts

d 
space
$7,993 | POWERFUL
some people are just drinkers
 02-14-2013, 08:45 PMaway - #10
albemarle 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,509 | 8788108
man you got kats on here that can't stop fapping for a week. B willis is gonna be aight
 02-14-2013, 09:20 PMonline - #11
efromthev 2 heat pts

d 
space
$3,990 | 14797795
I always wasted here. Didn't know he was sober for so long.

02-15-2013, 12:33 AMonline - #12
WhoNextWithPlex 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$7,071 | POWERFUL
were taking celebrity drinking habits personally now?
 02-15-2013, 12:36 AMaway - #13
TCV|m 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$2,909 | POWERFUL
You don't get it do you?

02-15-2013, 08:05 AMonline - #14
gizzle 3 heat pts

d 
space
$508 | 2452094
Originally Posted by ruff
Dem antioxidants tho
 02-15-2013, 08:21 AMaway - #15
Bob Sacamano 

d 
space
$4,749 | 13324217
Originally Posted by efromthev

Hahaha!!! He said it! Not that I really give a #### I think censorship is bull####, but yeah he was definitely boozin before that interview that was funny
 02-15-2013, 09:11 AMonline - #16
all3rd 359 heat pts359

d 
space
$46,443 | POWERFUL

Um you must be a rare person who has no alcoholic in there family or something to state that.
 02-15-2013, 09:14 AMaway - #17
ManWithoutFear! 2 heat pts

d 
space
$9,189 | POWERFUL
Preach

My Uncle died of cirrhosis. Where was Bruce?!
 02-15-2013, 10:07 AMaway - #18
Hardkore 9 heat pts

d 
space
$15,753 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by efromthev

that n*gga was #### faced
 02-15-2013, 12:56 PMaway - #19
ruff 6 heat pts

d 
space
$23,394 | POWERFUL
I think he was faded on Fallon last night, dude sounded weird
 02-15-2013, 12:58 PMaway - #20
SHADOW 299 heat pts299

d 
space
$7,553 | POWERFUL
Drinking vodka out the bottle every day

Bruce was gettin it in with the struggle got daamn

He made it now though

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Oct 20 - There's One Skill Worth More Than A Harvard ..
91 comments
NFL MNF - Texans vs. Steelers - 8:30PM
220 comments
Image inside  Fake Everything... i ain't complaining though - Ines
66 comments
 NBA Kobe Bryant: The Lakers Downfall " He's Not As Go...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 161 comments - by MrHashTag
 Video inside Oct 19 - Houston's First Openly Gay Mayor Demands Past...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 67 comments - by Carlton Black
 NFL Bears Lose At Home; Postgame Locker Room "ugly Sc...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 88 comments - by Illuminati
 Image(s) inside Name 3 Things Your Hometown Is Famous For
New reply 10 minutes ago - 185 comments - by Kwestluv91
 audio inside Drake - How About Now
New reply 3 minutes ago - 159 comments - by DanBootleg
 Article inside A Tragedy In Song: "hot N*gga" By Bobby Shmu...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 63 comments - by onlybuilt1906
 Image(s) inside Who Seen Ty Beats Expose Asap Earlier Today?
New reply 5 minutes ago - 106 comments - by Deelo Deniroz
  I Lowkey Miss The 06-07 Era
New reply 25 minutes ago - 192 comments - by Chalky

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,827 fans of BX | none new today 4,790 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.