This is BX @ Boxden.com

Breaking Bad Season 3 Discussion Thread

Breaking Bad Season 3 Discussion Thread
 03-22-2010, 09:18 AMaway - #41
voewyd 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$24,129 | POWERFUL
Anyone think Gus will !! over Walter somehow? I mean he found out Hank was his brother-in-law, I think he'll set up Walter for a downfall.

Last edited by voewyd; 03-22-2010 at 09:29 AM..
 03-22-2010, 10:15 AMaway - #42
SlickJ101 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$8,357 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by demon9991
Anyone think Gus will !! over Walter somehow? I mean he found out Hank was his brother-in-law, I think he'll set up Walter for a downfall.
Yea, it's def a possibility.

I'm wondering if Gus sent for the cousins to take Walt out if he didn't agree to work for him (he might of already thought Walt wouldn't). He might of just been setting Walt up from the beginning with that offer.

I'm glad they're gonna keep involving Saul and the Cleaner. Seems like the Cleaner knows about those cousins from the preview.

Walt getting pissed when all those kids were whining was great. That's exactly how I was feeling watching that.

Also, "Let me get that Walt, don't want you lifting anything heavy."

"No, I got it."

"What's in there anyway?"

"Half a million dollars."

03-22-2010, 11:14 AMaway - #43
ReppinDaBurghh 48 heat pts48

d 
space
$38,143 | POWERFUL
Hey I was drunk last night, so I appologize if I came off as an !!, but listen i'm not mad that nobody got k!lled or anything like that, I have no clue where some of you guys a$sumed that from. I'm not the type of guy to watch a show just for action, in fact i'm the complete opposite. If a show is just action I tend to not like it at all. So why you a$sumed that, I really have no clue.

But anyway, the episode was weak TO ME, because a few corny things happened. Plus his wife is the most god damn annoying character of all time.
 03-22-2010, 11:23 AMaway - #44
SlickJ101 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$8,357 | POWERFUL
His wife has been a !! since day 1 so idk why you're surprised there.

What was corny?
 03-22-2010, 11:29 AMaway - #45

d 
space
$38,143 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by SlickJ101
His wife has been a !! since day 1 so idk why you're surprised there.

What was corny?
That whole scene in the gym I could barely hold back my laughter. Like Walt was explaining, worse !! then that happens all the !!ing time and nobody even remembers it unless its something epic like 9/11. Small town or not, those kids would not have been that traumatized by what had happened. They'd have sat in front of the TV watched a little bit of it on the news the day it happened, the next day talk about it at the beggining of school with eachother a bit, then been back to their normal lives like nothing happened. Thats how highschool kids are. Walt grabbing the mic and telling it like it is saved the scene, but still that scene hurt the episode for me.

That crawling !! at the beggining of the episode, ok they do that weird !! down in Mexico I guess, so while that was corny the first time I saw it, you guys explained why that dumb !! was goin on in this thread, so I guess that gets a pass to. (Although the basic viewer who knows nothing of that culture has no !!ing clue what that weird !! was about.).

All the scenes with Jessie in them were just as good as usual. I'll even say the episode was average. But for a season premiere after that big of a lay-off, I was dissapointed. And NO that does not mean I wanted people to be k!lled and !!, so stop with that rediculous a$sumption that a few of you pulled out of thin air.
 03-22-2010, 11:30 AMaway - #46
BigDickMonster 

d 
space
$441 | 841531
ill !! the !! out of skylar
 03-22-2010, 11:34 AMaway - #47
voewyd 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$24,129 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Reppindaburghh
That whole scene in the gym I could barely hold back my laughter. Like Walt was explaining, worse !! then that happens all the !!ing time and nobody even remembers it unless its something epic like 9/11. Small town or not, those kids would not have been that traumatized by what had happened. They'd have sat in front of the TV watched a little bit of it on the news the day it happened, the next day talk about it at the beggining of school with eachother a bit, then been back to their normal lives like nothing happened. Thats how highschool kids are. Walt grabbing the mic and telling it like it is saved the scene, but still that scene hurt the episode for me.

That crawling !! at the beggining of the episode, ok they do that weird !! down in Mexico I guess, so while that was corny the first time I saw it, you guys explained why that dumb !! was goin on in this thread, so I guess that gets a pass to. (Although the basic viewer who knows nothing of that culture has no !!ing clue what that weird !! was about.).

All the scenes with Jessie in them were just as good as usual. I'll even say the episode was average. But for a season premiere after that big of a lay-off, I was dissapointed. And NO that does not mean I wanted people to be k!lled and !!, so stop with that rediculous a$sumption that a few of you pulled out of thin air.
I can agree with you about the school thing. But is something corny just because you don't understand a culture? :sad-smiley-028:
 03-22-2010, 11:39 AMaway - #48

d 
space
$38,143 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by demon9991
I can agree with you about the school thing. But is something corny just because you don't understand a culture? :sad-smiley-028:
I clearly said that I thought it was corny the first time I saw it because I did not understand it and thought it was random as hell, but after comming on here and having it explained to me by a few of you, I now admit I was wrong about that. I was wrong about that.
 03-22-2010, 11:40 AMaway - #49
SandmanNyC 23 heat pts23

d 
space
$2,593 | 18668537
new episode up in the mixed bag contrib thread. got you.
 03-22-2010, 12:04 PMonline - #50
DesertEagle 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$6,862 | POWERFUL
First ep might have been boring, but it's setting the stage for some major !! to go down.
 03-22-2010, 12:14 PMaway - #51
SlickJ101 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$8,357 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DesertEagle
First ep might have been boring, but it's setting the stage for some major !! to go down.
Exactly.

All it did was set up the season and clear up a ton of !!, which is fine bc that stuff needed to be addressed.
 03-22-2010, 05:52 PMaway - #52
CentsCuZ 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$10,529 | POWERFUL
Inside S03E01, VID:

Sunday's 'Breaking Bad' most-watched ever

"Breaking Bad"
The return of AMC's "Breaking Bad" was the show's most-watched episode ever.

Sunday night's Season 3 opener drew 2 million viewers, a number that rose to 3.3 million when you include the episode's dual repeat airings. Overall, that's up 17% from the "Breaking" season two premiere. Among adults 18-49, "Breaking" pulled in 663,000 viewers.

By comparison, the debut of AMC's other critical darling, "Mad Men," last season drew 2.9 million viewers.
Sunday's 'Breaking Bad' most-watched ever
Series' Season 3 opener brings in 2 mil viewers

Last edited by CentsCuZ; 03-22-2010 at 05:54 PM..
 03-22-2010, 11:38 PMaway - #53
01seay 75 heat pts75

d 
space
$19,037 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by SlickJ101
Also, "Let me get that Walt, don't want you lifting anything heavy."

"No, I got it."

"What's in there anyway?"

"Half a million dollars."

That was priceless.

..and this episode was good imo.

The story allows you to get a feel of how all the important characters feels, even the ones out side of Walt and Jesse.

The son just wants his parents to work it out and basically is siding with his father and feels like the whole situation doesn't make sense. (This is a major step forward seeing that in Season 1 him and Walt never talked and didn't really have a father-son relationship till Season 2).

The mother is just a straight up tired of the lies. Walt's been lying to her since day one, and he was about to play it off as if he wasn't a drug dealer when she mentioned marijuana till she continued, and he was like "f.uck it" I sell meth but I just make it for the real sellers.

The brother-in-law still thinks Walt is a plain old chemistry teacher who can barely hurt a fly and wants him to work it out with his wife.

Gus is still a total mystery. He wants Walt to keep making meth but he's so unpredictable it's no telling what he can have done to Walt.

Then you have the cousins who seem to be just as unpredictable as Gus and can actually be hired k!llers by Gus..but for all we know they could be out to k!ll Walt & Jesse as revenge for Tuco's family or for a another drug lord that's about to be introduced.

Last edited by 01seay; 03-22-2010 at 11:54 PM..
 03-22-2010, 11:51 PMaway - #54
01seay 75 heat pts75

d 
space
$19,037 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Reppindaburghh
If you think about it the writers could have been pointing out those same flaws in our social now when bad things happen and people think the world as come to a need when in fact worse events have happened in the past.

I didn't know the true meaning behind that crawling scene either but based on my feeling on how well the previous epsiodes were written I just a$sumed that the crawling scenes had ties to some religious/superstitious beliefs in Mexico.
 03-23-2010, 04:06 AMaway - #55
BMAN626 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$5,698 | 17699310
im not gunna lie i lol'd when i saw them ppl crawling and !!!

and yea dude who is talking about the high school thing is right and wrong im pretty shure there would be some chicks at my school who would be crying and !! and most of the time when there is something big the school has to say all the students have to go!

and i thought this episode was good!

i think the cuzins have something to do with tucos uncle or maybe the turtle guy(who ever k!lled him)the show never really said anything about him after that or about that!

oh yea and shout out to 01'seasy i dl both season cuz of you mad props!
 03-23-2010, 04:15 AMaway - #56
BMAN626 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$5,698 | 17699310
oh also i went back and watched the episode tonight and it looks like the skelleton that everyone is praying to has no teeth on on the upper gum part or like a set of new ones have been glued on...and remember tuco got them ripped out when he died by the dea and !!! and then someone guys found them crossing the boarder!!! so idk it just kinda looks like it someone go and check that out
 03-23-2010, 07:06 AMaway - #57
youngvito18 7 heat pts

d 
space
$11,341 | POWERFUL
i wonder where the "twins' got walt's picture from????

when they went to that shrine after crawling on their stomach they put a picture of walt (a picture that looked like it was drawn by crayons) on the shrine
 03-23-2010, 08:41 AMaway - #58
TH35 71 heat pts71

d 
space
$53,770 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by youngvito18
i wonder where the "twins' got walt's picture from????

when they went to that shrine after crawling on their stomach they put a picture of walt (a picture that looked like it was drawn by crayons) on the shrine
Ppl think the twins are most likely Tuco's cousins(which is why they are labeled on the show as the cousins ). They probably got the picture from Tuco's grandfather like someone said in the thread earlier.
 03-23-2010, 09:37 AMaway - #59
voewyd 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$24,129 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by thehogue...
Ppl think the twins are most likely Tuco's cousins(which is why they are labeled on the show as the cousins ). They probably got the picture from Tuco's grandfather like someone said in the thread earlier.
Never thought about that, that's definitely reasonable considering gramps didn't snitch on Jesse. OG probably sent for the hitmen.
 03-23-2010, 11:13 AMaway - #60
BigDickMonster 

d 
space
$441 | 841531
whats up with walt playing with that eyeball

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Actual Iggy Azalea
111 comments
Image inside  Thick Vietnamese chick named Kandy...
58 comments
Image inside  Dave Chappelle Reveals Shockingly Buff New Look
61 comments
  Top 10 Wealthiest Pro Wrestlers Of All Time
New reply 1 minute ago - 58 comments - by bridouble
 Video inside Apr 22 - Christie Vows Not To Legalize Pot: New Jersey...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 119 comments - by Ham Rove
 Video inside Rita Ora At The Breakfast Club: Jayz, Rihanna Clone, R...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 103 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Video inside Dr. Dre Or Pharrell??
New reply 17 minutes ago - 89 comments - by AngOmusic93
 NBA Bradley Beal Says Fu-k Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
New reply 4 minutes ago - 112 comments - by bridouble
 Image(s) inside This Is What Americans Will Look Like By 2050 – And It...
New reply 38 minutes ago - 54 comments - by fabarab
 Image(s) inside Verizon Aint Playin O O
New reply 6 minutes ago - 74 comments - by ATLDOPEBOI18
 Image(s) inside Here's A Good Reason To Not Shop At Kohl's
New reply 43 minutes ago - 62 comments - by justakidd

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,710 fans of BX | none new today 4,649 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.