This is BX @ Boxden.com

Ben Affleck Talks 'Justice League' Rumors, Says He Was 'Flattered' By

Ben Affleck Talks 'Justice League' Rumors, Says He Was 'Flattered' By
topic by Steve - 09-28-2012, 06:43 PM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot

If you've been following the Ben Affleck news beat recently, you're likely aware that the actor/director has generated quite a bit of early awards buzz for his latest project, "Argo." Now, because of all this buzz about yet another successful turn in the director's chair, Affleck's name was recently mentioned as being on the short list of directors that Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment had approached about directing the long-developing other all-star superhero film "Justice League."

When MTV News caught up with Affleck, we asked for his thoughts on those early rumblings, and he gave us a delightfully in-depth response about "Justice League," the "Daredevil" experience and his future with superheroics onscreen.

"What happens is that there's a lot of bloggers and Internet interest around superhero movies, so there's regularly a rumor that comes up. Obviously [with regard to] 'Justice League,' once 'Avengers' happened, they think, 'Well, it would be crazy not to make "Justice League," ' and I'm sure they will," Affleck explained of the genesis of that particular rumor. "I guess I should be flattered, and I'm sure it will be cool. I've seen some of the stuff from the new 'Superman' movie, and that stuff is awesome. I think they took a really cool, real approach to Superman, which no one has done before, so if that trend continues, I'm sure 'Justice League' will be great."

We then asked Affleck if, given his prior experience in 2003's "Daredevil," he'd be game to take on a different comic book, particularly since that genre has evolved so much in recent years.

"I would if there was one I liked. I had a negative experience with the one comic book I liked, it was just a movie that didn't work," Affleck said. "It's such a shame, because, first of all, 'Daredevil' [is] a great book, great idea, and then right after that, they figured out that it was better to make the movies good, and then they started making them cool and investing in them," he said. "I felt like I was in the 1930s with that outfit, the trousers: 'Hey, chum, hold up there! This fella's trying to rob a bank!' " he joked of his turn as the blind guardian angel.

"It was a drag, but I did love it as a kid, and they're rebooting it. I got contacted about it, and I was like, 'That wouldn't be a reboot [if I was involved],' but I really hope they do a good job, because that's a great property and deserves something really, really good," he continued, adding that we shouldn't cross his name off any prospective superhero movie lists just yet.

"I would love to do [a comic book movie] if it was the right one, if I thought I could do it well," Affleck said. "I think you have to, with any movie, have an idea for it that's original and unique and committed to it, and that's a hard thing to find."

Ben Affleck 'Flattered' By 'Justice League' Rumors - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com

Latest Movies Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

0 comments for "Ben Affleck Talks 'Justice League' Rumors, Says He Was 'Flattered' By"

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Xbox One Games Store New Releases 9/02/14
62 comments
Video inside  Snoop Dogg responds to Star (shots fired)
106 comments
Image inside  The real 50 cent junior celebrates his 2nd birthday
67 comments
 Video inside This Just In: Hitman Holla Was In A Bad Car Accident
New reply 9 seconds ago - 96 comments - by Guvnor
 NFL Bills Center Eric Wood Says Nfl Teams Are Avoiding Sig...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 95 comments - by theFREAK
 NFL Rgiii: "we Fixed What We Needed To Fix On Offense...
New reply 13 seconds ago - 58 comments - by rayraysray
 NFL The Atlanta Falcons Cut My Cousin #18
New reply 4 minutes ago - 51 comments - by BKLYN1889
 NBA Kobe Bryant The Greatest Offensive Player Ever?
New reply 2 minutes ago - 90 comments - by TheeMrMarvel
 Image(s) inside Saw This Sh-t On The News Today...i Went To High Schoo...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 87 comments - by bunnz17
 Video inside Kevin Gates Real Talk On The Breakfast Club: Prison Li...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 83 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Article inside Drake Signs Ilovemakonnen To Ovo
New reply 7 minutes ago - 149 comments - by PotheadFocker

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.