b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Ben Affleck says he won't run for Senate

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

join bx

share this topic Ľ   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Ben Affleck says he won't run for Senate
topic by Steve - 12-26-2012, 09:26 PM

Ben Affleck may make political movies, but that doesnít mean heís making a play for the real political stage. The actor, who had been the center of rumors last week about possibly running for U.S. Senate, shut down the speculation on his Facebook page Monday.

He posted:

I love Massachusetts and our political process, but I am not running for office. Right now itís a privilege to spend my time working with Eastern Congo Initiative (ECI), supporting our veterans, drawing attention to the great many who go hungry in the U.S. everyday and using filmmaking to entertain and foster discussion about issues like our relationship to Iran.

We are about to get a great Secretary of State and there are some phenomenal candidates in Massachusetts for his Senate seat. I look forward to an amazing campaign.

Happy Holidays to All.

(Make sure to visit Feeding America & A-T Childrenís Project & Paralyzed Veterans of America)

The rumors began when Affleck testified to Congress last week about atrocities in the Congo, an issue he has been active on since 2010. His testimony coincided with the news that President Obama had named Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry the front runner to replace Hillary Clinton as secretary of state, opening up a potential opportunity for Affleck if Kerry is confirmed. The actor did not fully deny a potential run for office when speaking to CBSís Bob Schieffer in a report that aired Sunday.

ďOne never knows. Iím not one to get into conjecture,Ē Affleck said. ďI do have a great fondness and admiration for the political process in this country. Itís a big deal for me to come down here and be on your show that Iíve watched so much, but Iím not going to get into speculation about my political future.Ē

After his post on Christmas Eve, Affleckís political move is a clear no for now, but perhaps there will be another opportunity for the star to make his mark in Washington in the years to come.

Ben Affleck says he won't run for Senate | Inside Movies | EW.com

1 comments for "Ben Affleck says he won't run for Senate"

12-27-2012, 10:50 PMaway - #2
Satire 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,199 | POWERFUL
uhhhh okay...

Image inside  How to clean up nice (Dress shirts, suits, grown man ..
68 comments
Dec 20 - Man Supposedly Shot And Killed In The Dayton Mall For ..
50 comments
Video inside  Dec 20 - They Just Shot 2 Cops in Brooklyn by Topmkins
699 comments
 NBA Top 5 Most Skilled Players In The League?
New reply 2 minutes ago - 95 comments - by Hoop Dreams
 Image(s) inside Azealia Banks Ethers Action Bronson
New reply 19 minutes ago - 208 comments - by Frankybaby
  Anonymous Threatens Iggy Azalea To Apologize To Azeali...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 296 comments - by KingMahaat
 Image(s) inside Azealia Banks On Culture
New reply 27 minutes ago - 80 comments - by ralph lauren
 BOX Roy Jones Jr. Dissing Floyd
New reply 5 minutes ago - 206 comments - by elferoz
 NBA Grizzlies Assistant Gets His Car Stolen, Players Buy H...
New reply 29 minutes ago - 143 comments - by Agentzer0oo0
 Image(s) inside Chris Brown Losing It Over Karrueche
New reply 14 minutes ago - 128 comments - by Frankybaby
 Video inside Bow Wow Looking Real Mad On 106 N Park Final Episode
New reply 35 minutes ago - 109 comments - by VA Prime

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,903 fans of BX | none new today 4,847 following | none new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.