This is BX @ Boxden.com

Ben Affleck says he won't run for Senate

Ben Affleck says he won't run for Senate
topic by Steve - 12-26-2012, 08:26 PM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot

Ben Affleck may make political movies, but that doesn’t mean he’s making a play for the real political stage. The actor, who had been the center of rumors last week about possibly running for U.S. Senate, shut down the speculation on his Facebook page Monday.

He posted:

I love Massachusetts and our political process, but I am not running for office. Right now it’s a privilege to spend my time working with Eastern Congo Initiative (ECI), supporting our veterans, drawing attention to the great many who go hungry in the U.S. everyday and using filmmaking to entertain and foster discussion about issues like our relationship to Iran.

We are about to get a great Secretary of State and there are some phenomenal candidates in Massachusetts for his Senate seat. I look forward to an amazing campaign.

Happy Holidays to All.

(Make sure to visit Feeding America & A-T Children’s Project & Paralyzed Veterans of America)

The rumors began when Affleck testified to Congress last week about atrocities in the Congo, an issue he has been active on since 2010. His testimony coincided with the news that President Obama had named Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry the front runner to replace Hillary Clinton as secretary of state, opening up a potential opportunity for Affleck if Kerry is confirmed. The actor did not fully deny a potential run for office when speaking to CBS’s Bob Schieffer in a report that aired Sunday.

“One never knows. I’m not one to get into conjecture,” Affleck said. “I do have a great fondness and admiration for the political process in this country. It’s a big deal for me to come down here and be on your show that I’ve watched so much, but I’m not going to get into speculation about my political future.”

After his post on Christmas Eve, Affleck’s political move is a clear no for now, but perhaps there will be another opportunity for the star to make his mark in Washington in the years to come.

Ben Affleck says he won't run for Senate | Inside Movies | EW.com

Latest Movies Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

1 comments for "Ben Affleck says he won't run for Senate"

12-27-2012, 09:50 PMaway - #2
Satire 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,195 | POWERFUL
uhhhh okay...

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Oct 30 - Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'
78 comments
Image inside  Oct 28 - Life under Obama sucks. And these numbers pr..
79 comments
IGN Sunset Overdrive - Review Discussion
95 comments
 Article inside Details On Destiny’s First Expansion
New reply 18 seconds ago - 51 comments - by BunsBundy
 Video inside This Guy Asked A Homeless Man For A Slice Of Pizza. An...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 96 comments - by YungPrinceNY
 Article inside Chicago Rapper Bandman Kevo Charged With With Being In...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 204 comments - by NoLastName
  Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta (prod. Soundwave X Thunder...
New reply 18 minutes ago - 106 comments - by mdemaz
 Video inside 10 Hours Of Walking Around Nyc As A Woman (ny Niggas A...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 314 comments - by Tastemaker331
 Video inside Why This Old Nigga Was Stoppin Sh-t Like He Was Goku?
New reply 19 minutes ago - 57 comments - by HeatMafia410
 Video inside Throwback: Iggy Azalea Refuses To Freestyle On Sway In...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 106 comments - by The Bully
  How You Can Get A New Ps4 For $275
New reply 20 minutes ago - 208 comments - by SpazzOut

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,832 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.