This is BX @ Boxden.com

AMC Un-Cancels ‘The k!lling’; Season 3 Premieres in May

topic by Ham Rove - 12-02-2012, 08:29 AM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot

Mere months after AMC announced that season 3 of the rain-soaked murd3r mystery The k!lling would not happen, the network has apparently had a change of heart. Reports are now stating the network is in the process of un-canceling the program with the intention of having new episodes ready by May of next year.

The deal came about due to the strong efforts of the show’s producers and Fox TV Studios, who were so adamant to keep the show alive that, shortly after the cancelation was announced, rumors began circulating (as they always seem to) that the program would begin searching for a new home. Inevitably, an a$sumption that Netflix would save the series soon followed – speculation that was proven correct…at least partially.

Apparently, the deal was a bit more complex than The k!lling simply packing its bags and heading over to the rental and streaming giant. As previously reported, the deal would see Netflix share the cost of producing season 3 with the cable network, and AMC would be given the opportunity to air new episodes first.

While the post-cancelation story of The k!lling has been filled with as many touchy false conclusions as the investigation into the murd3r of Rosie Larsen, there’s no doubt the network’s change of heart was based largely on financial concerns. But for those who remained a fan of the series throughout the first two seasons, there is more good news beyond its resurrection: Early word is that showrunner Veena Sud delivered such a strong pitch for the season’s third (well, second) storyline that AMC was further convinced that bringing the series back was the right thing to do.

For AMC, The k!lling has been a bit of a double-edged sword. Following in the incredibly successful and highly praised footsteps of Mad Men and Breaking Bad, the series premiered to good reviews and strong ratings. But after what was perceived as the titanic misstep not to reveal the identity of the murd3rer in season one’s finale, many fans cried foul, claiming the network’s promotion of the show a$sured closure for the central mystery. Despite an acknowledgement from the network and promises from Sud and the series’ cast that the Rosie Larsen murd3r would have a definitive end, the audience simply did not show up for the second season. As such, by the end of season 2, the series was drawing in a rather paltry 1.9 million viewers.

In the face of dwindling ratings, series co-star and future RoboCop Joel Kinnaman stated publicly that he believed there were still plenty of stories to be told involving detectives Linden (Mirelle Enos) and Holder. At one point, Kinnaman referred to the future of the series as something of a reboot that would completely move away from any of the storylines of its predecessor, the Danish series Forbrydelsen.
Kinnaman stated:

“We’ve invested a lot in these characters and want to see how they continue their journey. I feel like Linden and Holder [are] just [getting] started. It’s like the first season [of a show], where it [would] be original material and not based on the Danish [series] anymore.”

Even though the series’ leads have since seen their careers transition to the big screen in the abovementioned RoboCop reboot and World War Z, respectively, they are the only cast members contractually obligated to appear in season 3 – which leaves the storyline and further casting completely up in the air. It stands to reason that Billy Campbell (The Rocketeer), as newly-elected mayor of Seattle, Darren Richmond, could have a role in the upcoming season, though it would seem very unlikely that Michelle Forbes or Brent s3xton’s characters would have much reason to be involved in any future storylines.

So now the question is whether the promise of a new storyline will be enough to bring viewers back to the series. With production expected to start sometime in February, we won’t have to wait too long in order to find out.

Latest Movies Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

17 comments for "AMC Un-Cancels ‘The k!lling’; Season 3 Premieres in May"

12-02-2012, 08:41 AMonline - #2
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts

d 
space
$4,271 | POWERFUL
 12-02-2012, 08:45 AMonline - #3
jsilerio 

d 
space
$3,689 | 9595919
Hell yes, I'm one of the few on here that enjoyed it so
 12-02-2012, 04:49 PMaway - #4
KREW 2 heat pts

d 
space
$3,760 | 20981976
im gonna try to catch up, see if i like this. Pilot was good but forgettable
 12-02-2012, 04:53 PMaway - #5
Bleezy 7 heat pts

d 
space
$9,804 | POWERFUL
Ain't this bout a motha ####a.

[calls Starz and demands they "un-cancel" Boss]
 12-02-2012, 04:54 PMonline - #6
jsilerio 

d 
space
$3,689 | 9595919
Originally Posted by Bleezy
Ain't this bout a motha ####a.

[calls Starz and demands they "un-cancel" Boss]

Pray to the "STARZ"
 12-02-2012, 04:57 PMonline - #7
jsilerio 

d 
space
$3,689 | 9595919
Originally Posted by KREW
im gonna try to catch up, see if i like this. Pilot was good but forgettable
Show is slow paced but I don't need every show to mind #### me so this is a good change of pace from what I usually go for.
 12-03-2012, 02:47 PMaway - #8
MlLkMan 

d 
space
$3,666 | 13602127
 12-03-2012, 04:00 PMaway - #9
Liban 3 heat pts

d 
space
$1,835 | 12807304
 12-03-2012, 06:40 PMaway - #10
Extort you 

d 
space
$559 | 1288356
I liked it but two seasons to find out about rosie was a horrible idea
 12-03-2012, 06:55 PMaway - #11
Jeans&Sneakers 64 heat pts64

d 
space
$3,593 | POWERFUL
this show was tiresome and it was only two seasons.
 12-03-2012, 10:48 PMaway - #12
katalist 177 heat pts177

d 
space
$33,839 | POWERFUL

Now I PRAY that they UN-CANCEL "Deadwood", "Carnivale" and "Boss".

Underrated show, atmosphere and acting was fantastic, writing wasnt bad either. Just was to slow for the average tv fan.
 12-04-2012, 03:00 AMaway - #13
Nothavingit 45 heat pts45

d 
space
$3,744 | POWERFUL

im glad because I JUST got into this show b4 last season ended
 12-04-2012, 04:20 AMaway - #14
Illstreet 36 heat pts36

d 
space
$17,325 | POWERFUL
 12-04-2012, 02:31 PMaway - #15
Panopticon 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$12,187 | POWERFUL
Forbrydelsen makes that #### look like stick figures. I watched that first before The k!lling aired, and it just isn't even close.
 12-04-2012, 02:41 PMaway - #16
adub123 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,317 | 5951732

12-04-2012, 06:57 PMaway - #17
monrowe 3 heat pts

d 
space
$9,222 | 13771311
I love the show but I thought there should be a new case every season. When I saw the early second season I started to stray so I'm not sure how it developed but it's good..
 12-04-2012, 07:04 PMaway - #18
monrowe 3 heat pts

d 
space
$9,222 | 13771311
I love the show but I thought there should be a new case every season. When I saw the early second season I started to stray so I'm not sure how it developed but it's good..

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Forza Horizon 2 |OT| The Only Club for Driving you'll ..
81 comments
NFL **Breaking** Dennis Allen Fired
66 comments
NFL Brady snubs Garoppolo after touchdown drive
52 comments
  Young Thug Supposedly Banned From St. Louis
New reply 18 seconds ago - 88 comments - by KleanKutt100
  Sep 28 - Nearly 2 Million Americans Have Chlamydia
New reply 8 minutes ago - 125 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NBA Dion Waiters Call John Wall 'best Backcourt' Comment &...
New reply 56 seconds ago - 125 comments - by Bkjj11
  Middle-earth: Shadow Of Mordor |ot| The Lotr Game We'v...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 134 comments - by CrAkKedOuT
 Image(s) inside Sep 29 - Ny Man Who Biked Around The World Killed By T...
New reply 1 minute ago - 166 comments - by italiansteve
  So Durk Posted A Picture Of A Boy That Got Kill...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 188 comments - by HeatMafia410
 audio inside The Game - Black On Black (ft. Jeezy & Kevin Gates)
New reply 2 minutes ago - 69 comments - by malc
 NBA #nba2krank - Rankings For Every Nba Player
New reply 15 minutes ago - 67 comments - by Gremlin

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,817 fans of BX and 2 new today 4,798 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.