This is BX @ Boxden.com

13 Things a Movie Theater Employee Won’t Tell You

13 Things a Movie Theater Employee Won’t Tell You
Arrow topic by ProfitSee - 05-31-2012, 08:28 AM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot

1. Why does it smell so good? The popcorn has chemicals in it to make its aroma fill the theater.

2. “Extreme Digital” is actually lower quality than IMAX digital. We use it because it’s easier to maintain.

3. For the first month or two of screening, money from ticket sales goes to movie studios. Theaters rely on concession stands to make money. That’s why concessions are overpriced. Popcorn costs almost nothing to make.

4. I know all the methods you use to sneak in. I just don’t always care enough to kick you out for it.

5. The only foods I trust are the popcorn, drinks, and boxed candy. I wouldn’t eat the pretzels, hot dogs, or nachos.

6. Chances are, if you complain to the manager and he sides with you, he’s just putting on a show to calm you down. The manager might pretend to yell at me for a minute, but he’ll pat me on the back the moment you’re out of sight.

7. Combination deals don’t save you money at some theaters. You’d pay the same price if you purchased the items separately.

8. Think you’re saving calories by ordering a small popcorn? That “small” popcorn could have been a medium last month.

9. Stop getting angry that your food isn't ready. Microwaves can't cook frozen pizzas in 30 seconds!

10. No, I can’t give you extra cups. Everything is inventoried at the end of the night.

11. Your suspicions are correct. Sometimes I sweep excess food under the seats. Movies often end every few minutes. Sometimes, three or more screenings end at the same time. I don’t always have time to clean everything up.

12 Yes, movies start late. But they almost always end on time – otherwise, the ushers wouldn’t know when to clean up. Theaters tell you to come in early so you have time to watch commercials and previews.

13. Popcorn keeps for a day or two. Many customers confuse warm with fresh.

Source

Latest Movies Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

166 comments for "13 Things a Movie Theater Employee Won’t Tell You"

05-31-2012, 09:26 AMaway - #2
JewsusChrist 115 heat pts115

d 
space
$13,800 | POWERFUL
Man I got a hotdog the other day n holy #### was it bad
 05-31-2012, 09:30 AMaway - #3
frank23white 

d 
space
$472 | 1681462
My nacho chips were ####ed up last Saturday.
 05-31-2012, 10:14 AMaway - #4
DominationCM 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$6,871 | POWERFUL
Hot dogs Hell Naw 9 times out 10 the only reason dudes spend money at the movies is for a female.
 05-31-2012, 10:25 AMaway - #5
TheJaJr 

d 
space
$255 | 941408
Aventura theater has the best nachos
 05-31-2012, 10:52 AMaway - #6
HeruDat 70 heat pts70

d 
space
$21,929 | POWERFUL
ni##as still buying #### at movie theaters?

all I need is a lady with a purse and I got a full meal in that ####...eating burgers and sandwiches with tall a$s drinks. #### popcorn ni##a could get 5 bag of large chips for same price.
 05-31-2012, 11:02 AMaway - #7
Michael 1987 632 heat pts632

d 
space
$58,081 | POWERFUL
Yup..
 05-31-2012, 11:08 AMaway - #8
SlickJ101 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$8,569 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by J.R. Hyphy

all I need is a lady with a purse and I got a full meal in that ####...eating burgers and sandwiches with tall a$s drinks. #### popcorn ni##a could get 5 bag of large chips for same price.

Idk why anyone would pay the ridiculous amounts they charge for that ####.
 05-31-2012, 11:20 AMaway - #9
Danger Zone 44 heat pts44

d 
space
$16,245 | POWERFUL
I hardly ever get anything at the theaters. But the Millstone 14 round here has some banging hot dogs

But I agree with pretty much everything on the list. My girl used to work at a theater. Free movies
 05-31-2012, 11:21 AMaway - #10
TraV 71 heat pts71

d 
space
$16,963 | POWERFUL
I bring my bag into the joint anyhow. ni##a got munchies, Kiwi Strawberry juices, skittles, etc for like 5 bucks b. Foh with them prices.
 05-31-2012, 11:28 AMonline - #11
pnoi89 2 heat pts

d 
space
$7,338 | POWERFUL

Across the street from my theater is a Target and a Chipotle. Whenever I take a girl out to the movies, we stop by Target or Chipotle before the movie. I'll tell her to pick out what she wants and then we'll stuff it in her purse.
 05-31-2012, 11:46 AMonline - #12
efromthev 2 heat pts

d 
space
$3,880 | 14135692
The theater in my town has a Wendy's across the street. I put so much #### off the dollar menu inside my girls purse before I go up in there.
 05-31-2012, 11:51 AMaway - #13
Rico23 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$31,704 | POWERFUL
do they really have cameras in the theater catching ppl performing..."lewd acts"....
 05-31-2012, 11:53 AMaway - #14
M 2 heat pts

d 
space
$13,563 | POWERFUL
I always get the pretzel bites :(
 05-31-2012, 12:08 PMonline - #15
MYami 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$2,778 | POWERFUL
5. The only foods I trust are the popcorn, drinks, and boxed candy. I wouldn’t eat the pretzels, hot dogs, or nachos.
I wouldn't even trust those. My sister was a concessions manager at a movie theater years ago and I learned so much #### about the theater business because of it.

Like the fact the that they reuse old as popcorn that didn't sell the previous day or the day before that. (which was already mentioned)

But the #### that got me was the fountain drinks. I didn't really know until then that they use boxes of soda syrup and mix it with carbonated water to make the soda and that #### will just sit there until it runs out. Which isn't so bad because people tend to buy drinks all the time in theaters but then you have to take into account that when they clean the machine they use Mountain Dew as if it were an all purpose cleaner!

When I seen that #### I was like "Hold up you're using soda to clean a soda machine? "

Originally Posted by TheJaJr
Aventura theater has the best nachos
The AMC 24? Yea that's where she used to be the concessions manager at.

Last edited by MYami; 05-31-2012 at 12:12 PM..
 05-31-2012, 12:19 PMaway - #16
Rico23 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$31,704 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Magic City
I wouldn't even trust those. My sister was a concessions manager at a movie theater years ago and I learned so much #### about the theater business because of it.

Like the fact the that they reuse old as popcorn that didn't sell the previous day or the day before that. (which was already mentioned)

]But the #### that got me was the fountain drinks. I didn't really know until then that they use boxes of soda syrup and mix it with carbonated water to make the soda and that #### will just sit there until it runs out. Which isn't so bad because people tend to buy drinks all the time in theaters but then you have to take into account that when they clean the machine they use Mountain Dew as if it were an all purpose cleaner!

When I seen that #### I was like "Hold up you're using soda to clean a soda machine? "

The AMC 24? Yea that's where she used to be the concessions manager at.
thats how all fountains work
 05-31-2012, 12:22 PMaway - #17
TH35 71 heat pts71

d 
space
$55,776 | POWERFUL
I don't trust any movie theater food.. and the employees always give people extra cups.
 05-31-2012, 12:22 PMaway - #18
TH35 71 heat pts71

d 
space
$55,776 | POWERFUL

05-31-2012, 12:26 PMonline - #19
THEINFAMOUS 7 heat pts

d 
space
$34,502 | POWERFUL

This. I either eat before. Or im bringing mad #### in.
 05-31-2012, 12:28 PMonline - #20
THEINFAMOUS 7 heat pts

d 
space
$34,502 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by efromthev
The theater in my town has a Wendy's across the street. I put so much #### off the dollar menu inside my girls purse before I go up in there.
Wendy's near mine too...

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA Mason Plumee to make 12 man USA team roster over DeMarcu..
130 comments
NBA This nigga Embiid hilarious (pic)
53 comments
NBA Kevin Love now reportedly won't sign an extension with a..
86 comments
 Image(s) inside "don't Ever Text My Girl Like That Again, Disresp...
New reply 5 seconds ago - 52 comments - by grunsthis
 Video inside How To Feed Seven People With Just $3.35
New reply 6 minutes ago - 146 comments - by Jesszman
 NBA Usa Basketball Showcase On Espn - August 1 - 9:00pm Est
New reply 7 seconds ago - 53 comments - by Dee Grande
  Karruche Dumps Chris Brown
New reply 14 minutes ago - 60 comments - by grunsthis
 NBA Sources Say Beasley Will Reportedly Sign With The Lake...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 66 comments - by Eazy123
 Image(s) inside Jul 31 - Mother Catches Florida Gymnastics Coach Havin...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 108 comments - by KleanKutt100
 Image(s) inside Sexy Shapely Asian Kimmy
New reply 5 minutes ago - 79 comments - by daddy31+2
 NBA Reddit Poll Reveals The Most Hated Nba Team In Each U....
New reply 22 minutes ago - 54 comments - by Motion

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,760 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following and 5 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.