Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

13 Things a Movie Theater Employee Won’t Tell You

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
77 viewing
Ariana Grande Says Big Sean’s Lyrics About Her pus-y Led To Breakup
142 comments
most viewed right now
69 viewing
 Video inside Keep an eye on that pump next time you put gas
21 comments

top in section
40 viewing
 BOX [Video] ESPN: Mayweathers history of domestic violence!
top in sports
top in section
61 viewing
 Video inside Boxden member tries to hit on girl sitting next to her BF
top in wild'ish

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 13 Things a Movie Theater Employee Won’t Tell You
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #1
15115 pageviews
166 comments

ProfitSee 352 heat pts352 space
Grand Architect
space
$4,729 | POWERFUL

[pic - click to view]

1. Why does it smell so good? The popcorn has chemicals in it to make its aroma fill the theater.

2. “Extreme Digital” is actually lower quality than IMAX digital. We use it because it’s easier to maintain.

3. For the first month or two of screening, money from ticket sales goes to movie studios. Theaters rely on concession stands to make money. That’s why concessions are overpriced. Popcorn costs almost nothing to make.

4. I know all the methods you use to sneak in. I just don’t always care enough to kick you out for it.

5. The only foods I trust are the popcorn, drinks, and boxed candy. I wouldn’t eat the pretzels, hot dogs, or nachos.

6. Chances are, if you complain to the manager and he sides with you, he’s just putting on a show to calm you down. The manager might pretend to yell at me for a minute, but he’ll pat me on the back the moment you’re out of sight.

7. Combination deals don’t save you money at some theaters. You’d pay the same price if you purchased the items separately.

8. Think you’re saving calories by ordering a small popcorn? That “small” popcorn could have been a medium last month.

9. Stop getting angry that your food isn't ready. Microwaves can't cook frozen pizzas in 30 seconds!

10. No, I can’t give you extra cups. Everything is inventoried at the end of the night.

11. Your suspicions are correct. Sometimes I sweep excess food under the seats. Movies often end every few minutes. Sometimes, three or more screenings end at the same time. I don’t always have time to clean everything up.

12 Yes, movies start late. But they almost always end on time – otherwise, the ushers wouldn’t know when to clean up. Theaters tell you to come in early so you have time to watch commercials and previews.

13. Popcorn keeps for a day or two. Many customers confuse warm with fresh.

Source
11 peeps gave props to ProfitSee BRonin357 (05-31-2012) , Cap Peeler (06-01-2012) , Lebron31 (06-01-2012) , Nothavingit (05-31-2012) , pacman45 (06-01-2012) , Ratty Tat Tat (06-01-2012) , revolution03 (05-31-2012) , hot topic  (05-31-2012) , STILLH.A.C.K. (05-31-2012) , timdog (05-31-2012) , YOUNGZERO (06-01-2012)

166 comments for "13 Things a Movie Theater Employee Won’t Tell You"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - on now - #2
JewsusChrist 159 heat pts159 space
space
$15,949 | POWERFUL
Man I got a hotdog the other day n holy sh*t was it bad
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #3
frank23white  space
YEG
space
$502 | 1788590
My nacho chips were fu*ked up last Saturday.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #4
dom 29 heat pts29 space
space
$7,719 | POWERFUL
Hot dogs Hell Naw 9 times out 10 the only reason dudes spend money at the movies is for a female.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #5
TheJaJr  space
space
$265 | 941408
Aventura theater has the best nachos
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #6
HeruDat 90 heat pts90 space
space
$24,455 | POWERFUL
n*ggas still buying sh*t at movie theaters?

all I need is a lady with a purse and I got a full meal in that bi*ch...eating burgers and sandwiches with tall a.ss drinks. fu*k popcorn n*gga could get 5 bag of large chips for same price.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #7
Michael 1987 689 heat pts689 space
I Love Beautiful pu**y.
space
$63,478 | POWERFUL
Yup..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - away - #8
SlickJ101 16 heat pts16 space
Is Water
space
$9,418 | POWERFUL
J.R. Hyphy said:

all I need is a lady with a purse and I got a full meal in that bi*ch...eating burgers and sandwiches with tall a.ss drinks. fu*k popcorn n*gga could get 5 bag of large chips for same price.

Idk why anyone would pay the ridiculous amounts they charge for that sh*t.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #9
Danger Zone 49 heat pts49 space
space
$20,955 | POWERFUL
I hardly ever get anything at the theaters. But the Millstone 14 round here has some banging hot dogs

But I agree with pretty much everything on the list. My girl used to work at a theater. Free movies
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #10
TraV 75 heat pts75 space
All Or Nothing
space
$18,989 | POWERFUL
I bring my bag into the joint anyhow. n*gga got munchies, Kiwi Strawberry juices, skittles, etc for like 5 bucks b. Foh with them prices.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #11
pnoi89 3 heat pts space
space
$7,993 | POWERFUL
J.R. Hyphy said:

Across the street from my theater is a Target and a Chipotle. Whenever I take a girl out to the movies, we stop by Target or Chipotle before the movie. I'll tell her to pick out what she wants and then we'll stuff it in her purse.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #12
efromthev 2 heat pts space
space
$4,150 | 15263991
The theater in my town has a Wendy's across the street. I put so much sh*t off the dollar menu inside my girls purse before I go up in there.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #13
Rico23 21 heat pts21 space
Could Be a NYK Fan...
space
$37,737 | POWERFUL
do they really have cameras in the theater catching ppl performing..."lewd acts"....
Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - away - #14
M 2 heat pts space
♥♥♥
space
$14,190 | POWERFUL
I always get the pretzel bites :(
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #15
S U IP IE IR 30 heat pts30 space
youtube.com/AnimalYaowah
space
$2,884 | POWERFUL
5. The only foods I trust are the popcorn, drinks, and boxed candy. I wouldn’t eat the pretzels, hot dogs, or nachos.
I wouldn't even trust those. My sister was a concessions manager at a movie theater years ago and I learned so much sh*t about the theater business because of it.

Like the fact the that they reuse old as popcorn that didn't sell the previous day or the day before that. (which was already mentioned)

But the sh*t that got me was the fountain drinks. I didn't really know until then that they use boxes of soda syrup and mix it with carbonated water to make the soda and that sh*t will just sit there until it runs out. Which isn't so bad because people tend to buy drinks all the time in theaters but then you have to take into account that when they clean the machine they use Mountain Dew as if it were an all purpose cleaner!

When I seen that sh*t I was like "Hold up you're using soda to clean a soda machine? "

TheJaJr said:
Aventura theater has the best nachos
The AMC 24? Yea that's where she used to be the concessions manager at.

Last edited by S U IP IE IR; 05-31-2012 at 12:12 PM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #16
Rico23 21 heat pts21 space
Could Be a NYK Fan...
space
$37,737 | POWERFUL
Magic City said:
I wouldn't even trust those. My sister was a concessions manager at a movie theater years ago and I learned so much sh*t about the theater business because of it.

Like the fact the that they reuse old as popcorn that didn't sell the previous day or the day before that. (which was already mentioned)

]But the sh*t that got me was the fountain drinks. I didn't really know until then that they use boxes of soda syrup and mix it with carbonated water to make the soda and that sh*t will just sit there until it runs out. Which isn't so bad because people tend to buy drinks all the time in theaters but then you have to take into account that when they clean the machine they use Mountain Dew as if it were an all purpose cleaner!

When I seen that sh*t I was like "Hold up you're using soda to clean a soda machine? "

The AMC 24? Yea that's where she used to be the concessions manager at.
thats how all fountains work
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #17
TH35 75 heat pts75 space
They.Resurrect.Over.New
space
$60,180 | POWERFUL
I don't trust any movie theater food.. and the employees always give people extra cups.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #18
TH35 75 heat pts75 space
They.Resurrect.Over.New
space
$60,180 | POWERFUL
J.R. Hyphy said:

Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #19
THEINFAMOUS 8 heat pts space
5 Beats A Day X 3 Summers
space
$37,231 | POWERFUL
J.R. Hyphy said:

This. I either eat before. Or im bringing mad sh*t in.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #20
THEINFAMOUS 8 heat pts space
5 Beats A Day X 3 Summers
space
$37,231 | POWERFUL
efromthev said:
The theater in my town has a Wendy's across the street. I put so much sh*t off the dollar menu inside my girls purse before I go up in there.
Wendy's near mine too...

Home > all sections > The TV/Movie Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
37 viewing
Video inside Mysterious island is home to 60,000-year-old community
34 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
35 viewing
Image inside Jay Z Doing The Kid N Play Dance at Tina Knowles Wedding
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
23 viewing
Image inside Apr 24 - Shocking video shows teenager’s horrifying 3-year incarcerati..
58 comments
@news
most viewed right now
23 viewing
NBA Stephen A tries to style on Cari Champion...ends up taking the L :dead:
89 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
22 viewing
Bruce Jenner Diane Sawyer interview Official Thread
133 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Kendrick Lamar killed the skinny jeans era
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Video inside Girl rejects guy, guy then pretends he’s famous, suddenly she’s in love
124 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Image inside Apr 24 - Deputy fired for ignoring 911 call from dying woman so he cou..
17 comments
@news
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Rappers that are of Caribbean descent/heritage
228 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time