This is BX @ Boxden.com

Many of Us Don't Know How to Dress

Many of Us Don't Know How to Dress
topic by Hovi Bryant - 02-18-2013, 09:40 AM - Boxden > Kicks @ BX (Sneakers & Clothing)

I'm just going to throw that out there.

I want to say it's restricted to young people, but it may just be the culture.

Guys out here look like they play on a basketball team or rep a gang.

Many people wear clothes with identical colors and call it "matching". I guess that would pass in the 60's-70's.

I think people need to try and find a color wheel or some ####.

Red kicks + Red Shirt =

BRED Kicks + Dark Green Shirt =

Black/Yellow Kicks + Dark Purple/Blue Shirt =

Anyways, this #### is probably common knowledge to some, but I don't know. Campus is a nightmare sometimes.

You can make the following combos using the color wheel as your guide:

1. Colors directly next to each other (i.e. yellow and yellow-orange; yellow and yellow-green; violet and blue-violet, etc.)

2. Colors that form right (90 degree) angles with each other (i.e. yellow and red-orange; blue and violet-red; green and orange, etc.)

3. Colors directly across from each other (i.e. yellow and violet; blue and orange; red and green, etc.)

4. Colors that form a T (i.e. blue, orange, and violet-red; yellow, violet, and red-orange; yellow, blue-green, and red-orange, etc.)

5. Colors that form an X (i.e. blue, orange, violet-red, and yellow, violet, blue-green, and red-orange, etc.)

Since brown is a neutral, it will go with virtually any color on the color wheel. I love to pair a chocolate brown with cobalt blue or fuchsia or bright red—such a fun and bold combo. Of course white, black, and the hues of blue found in denim are also neutrals that go with just about anything.
http://fashionb0mbdaily.com/2010/04/...e-accessories/

Notice RULE #6

Originally Posted by darealvelle
i agree, that #### would look . But i understand thread starters points. Im also not a fan of over matching. For example: Red hat, Red top, red shoes. That #### is just too much matching and looks very loud. I always will just match just two items in out fit. For example: red hat, white or black or blended top with both colors, red or bred colored shoes.
Originally Posted by S0ap
ha, this thread was much needed. I work part time in retail and I can't tell you how many times I get fools coming in, pulling out a brand new kicks talking about, "You got anything this color green?" Cats really think they're fashionistas because they can find 2 of the same colors and wear them at the same time.
Originally Posted by whitesand
This thread is very necessary. I know exactly what you mean ni##a....another skinny leg jean ni##a. But nah, I'm glad you said that. I prefer to wear my Bred 4's wit a green sweater or olive/ khaki pants. You gotta offset your clothes to make the shoes "pop"
Originally Posted by +Ca[N]o[N]iKaL+
Been my philosophy for years.
Originally Posted by LYTE
depends cause navy blue & yellow looks good
though the color wheel #### is to much, I applaud u for mentioning & knowing brown goes with EVERYTHING. most people think white & black are the only neutrals. no need to mention grey
Originally Posted by A.G
I didn't read through most of this thread, but this #### has been obvious to me for a while.

Most of the clowns on the part of the board have the fashion sense of a 13 year old. It's baffling how some people can think that a "good fit" is wearing a matching fitted, shirt and shoes.

And then their "grown up" look is a RL polo with some matching shoes.

I mean, just looking at the "WIWT" thread is hilarious.

I guess that's what happens when a large proportion of rap fans consider Kanye & Jay-Z style icons.
Originally Posted by mcmechmaster
good lookin out OP. learned somethin new
Originally Posted by Darkdrone
Hovi just ignore this ni##a and keep it up. Took some of your advice actually and bought some #### that actually matches.

Good ####.

Extra:

The above video is probably common knowledge, but I don't know.

Shirts with collars are pretty common these days, but for those who wear nothing but crew necks, well...

Collar clothes define the outlines of a mans upper body like the shoulders and neck, in which the t-shirts don't, as some can do this and some can't. There's no consistency.

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

315 comments for "Many of Us Don't Know How to Dress"

02-18-2013, 09:48 AMaway - #2
pamilco_playa 2 heat pts

d 
space
$1,269 | 3163267
I don't know how to dress or shop.
 02-18-2013, 09:57 AMonline - #3
Trill Livin 43 heat pts43

d 
space
$11,333 | POWERFUL
BRED Kicks + Dark Green Shirt
 02-18-2013, 10:03 AMonline - #4
Hovi Bryant 232 heat pts232

d 
space
$19,059 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Trill Livin
It's not a stretch.

He's not wearing a green shirt, but the pants don't conflict. The rest of the fit is neutral colored.

02-18-2013, 10:12 AMaway - #5
Funeral James 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$15,685 | POWERFUL
speak for yourself ni##a..

i get fly
 02-18-2013, 10:14 AMonline - #6

d 
space
$19,059 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Matt504
if there's a "how to dress" then there should be some sort of guidelines.

care to lay out some of these guidelines so this thread can make sense?

Judging by the opening post, I don't know if I'm able to dress either.
I'm not going to tell ni##as what type of clothes they should be wearing. If you're overweight and wearing skinny jeans...well.

Anyways, I updated the OP with a color wheel.

There's plenty of apps on iTunes and Google Play with color wheels. I use it when shopping for shirts.
 02-18-2013, 10:17 AMonline - #7
darealvelle 71 heat pts71

d 
space
$4,277 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Trill Livin
i agree, that #### would look . But i understand thread starters points. Im also not a fan of over matching. For example: Red hat, Red top, red shoes. That #### is just too much matching and looks very loud. I always will just match just two items in out fit. For example: red hat, white or black or blended top with both colors, red or bred colored shoes.
 02-18-2013, 10:21 AMonline - #8

d 
space
$19,059 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by darealvelle
Black/White/Khaki/Browns/Greys = All Neutral

So if you're wearing a red hat and bred kicks, it's a minimalistic style. Nothing wrong with that by any stretch.

I think many of us go with the neutral because we haven't experimented with complementing colors.

Some I just don't like. Blue and Yellow for example. I don't think it's ugly though.

Last edited by Hovi Bryant; 02-18-2013 at 10:24 AM..
 02-18-2013, 10:28 AMaway - #9
Toss 

d 
space
$4,062 | 4818512
just wear what you want or listen to the people in this thread
 02-18-2013, 10:37 AMaway - #10
whitesand 42 heat pts42

d 
space
$5,007 | POWERFUL
This thread is very necessary. I know exactly what you mean ni##a....another skinny leg jean ni##a. But nah, I'm glad you said that. I prefer to wear my Bred 4's wit a green sweater or olive/ khaki pants. You gotta offset your clothes to make the shoes "pop"
 02-18-2013, 10:44 AMonline - #11

d 
space
$19,059 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by whitesand

Pretty much.

Since you mentioned skinny jeans...

Dunno why people want to wear them and basketball shoes.

If you're gonna wear skinny jeans, wear skinny shoes or some ####.

Just regular fit.

02-18-2013, 11:17 AMaway - #12
LeMar G 166 heat pts166

d 
space
$4,651 | POWERFUL
Dope thread hovi
 02-18-2013, 11:32 AMaway - #13
Niruggg 137 heat pts137

d 
space
$12,142 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Matt504
if there's a "how to dress" then there should be some sort of guidelines.

care to lay out some of these guidelines so this thread can make sense?

Judging by the opening post, I don't know if I'm able to dress either.
you ain't really teach anybody how to dress you just talkin color schemes...
then you post a picture of nas in all black how hard was that outfit to put together
no usable info here
 02-18-2013, 11:36 AMonline - #14

d 
space
$19,059 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Niruggg
you ain't really teach anybody how to dress you just talkin color schemes...
then you post a picture of nas in all black how hard was that outfit to put together
no usable info here
Whoa whoa...slow down.

Everyone has their own style. I'm asking for the bare minimum, an area where most of us fail completely at.

I don't know if you just skimmed the thread or not, but it sounds like you did.

Are most of your outfits comprising of 1 primary color? If so, you might want to consider the OP.

If not, carry along.
 02-18-2013, 12:03 PMonline - #15

d 
space
$19,059 | POWERFUL
Edited the OP again. I put HEAVY EMPHASIS on Rule #6.
 02-18-2013, 12:12 PMaway - #16
StylinOnYou 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$17,975 | POWERFUL
young people put too much emphasis on the quality of their clothes instead of the quality of their character. I rather be around someone who wears cheap or unorganized clothing but can have a good time being around then someone who wears good looking outfits but doesn't have much to offer as a friend.
 02-18-2013, 12:18 PMonline - #17

d 
space
$19,059 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by StylinOnYou
young people put too much emphasis on the quality of their clothes instead of the quality of their character. I rather be around someone who wears cheap or unorganized clothing but can have a good time being around then someone who wears good looking outfits but doesn't have much to offer as a friend.
Man, what are you talking about?

Really, I understand what you're saying. Clothes don't make the man. If they do, then he's a di#k.

That's not the point of this thread.

I'm sure someone with some cheap gear can outclass someone with a $400+ outfit.

White people almost do the #### almost without trying.

Anyways, take the OP seriously. Tired of seeing ni##as look like they're about to ball for the Fort Wayne Mad Antz and ####.
 02-18-2013, 12:27 PMaway - #18
Niruggg 137 heat pts137

d 
space
$12,142 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Hovi Bryant
Edited the OP again. I put HEAVY EMPHASIS on Rule #6.
#### #6 pay attention to #36
 02-18-2013, 12:28 PMonline - #19

d 
space
$19,059 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Niruggg
#### #6 pay attention to #36
I already touched on that in the post you criticized earlier.

Anyways, #6 is big. You'll be surprised how many people wear tops and hats the same color as their kicks.
 02-18-2013, 12:38 PMaway - #20
StylinOnYou 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$17,975 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Hovi Bryant
Man, what are you talking about?

Really, I understand what you're saying. Clothes don't make the man. If they do, then he's a di#k.

That's not the point of this thread.

I'm sure someone with some cheap gear can outclass someone with a $400+ outfit.

White people almost do the #### almost without trying.

Anyways, take the OP seriously. Tired of seeing ni##as look like they're about to ball for the Fort Wayne Mad Antz and ####.
I get that the point of the thread is to inform people about all the silly styles they wear that makes them look ridiculous, but what other people wear doesn't really matter unless they're wearing some outrageously gay #### or don't dress for the occasion

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > Kicks @ BX (Sneakers & Clothing)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Sep 1 - Thirteen-Year-Old Boy Tried as Adult Because of Penis S..
51 comments
How much $ and what games have u bought on ur Next Gen Console?
54 comments
PC: Star Citizen Arena Commander Demo (FREE DOWNLOAD 1 WEEK ONLY)
51 comments
 Video inside Kevin Gates Real Talk On The Breakfast Club: Prison Li...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 61 comments - by BreakfastClub
 NBA Only One Player Can Say They Played With Jordan And Le...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 58 comments - by shortymac187
 NFL No Bias: Cam, Kaep Or Rivers?
New reply 4 minutes ago - 75 comments - by b_eazy
 Article inside Drake Signs Ilovemakonnen To Ovo
New reply 7 minutes ago - 148 comments - by PotheadFocker
 Video inside I Slept With Your Boyfriend Prank
New reply 5 minutes ago - 58 comments - by Tuff Gong
 Image(s) inside Apparently Dude "tried" To Snatch Quavo (mig...
New reply 23 minutes ago - 220 comments - by Just Jimmy
  So, Yeah.. A Little Worried About "the Order: 188...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Ctrllers
 NFL Rams Will Not Add Michael Sam To Practice Squad
New reply 24 minutes ago - 80 comments - by theFREAK

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.