Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Is Jordan Brand fu-king up their product value by producing so many pairs recently?

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
149 viewing
 Video inside this kids reaction to the t1tties of Nicki Minaj :d..
55 comments
most viewed right now
83 viewing
 Video inside KDot -King KUNTA Official VIDEO  
75 comments

top in section
22 viewing
 Image inside Apr 1 - australian woman shows her brea$ts to google ..
top in news
top in section
25 viewing
 SPIGEN CASES AMAZON SALE. up to 80% off
top in tech

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Is Jordan Brand fu-king up their product value by producing so many pairs recently?
Unread 12-24-2012, 06:39 PMJoined Mar 2012 - away - #21
Phuck Yiu 23 heat pts23 space
Finesse
space
$4,459 | POWERFUL
demand is higher than the supply so it doesn't seem like the product value is lowering. if anything is lowering the value it would be the sh*tty quality.
Unread 12-24-2012, 06:40 PMJoined Jul 2007 - away - #22
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts space
Serious 'Stache
space
$4,050 | POWERFUL
I definitely see where you're coming from, but let me answer your question with a question. Is Converse losing any cache among its die-hards because of how many shoes they have in the market? The Chuck Taylor is a basketball sneaker that pre-dates any Jordan by nearly a decade and still receives the limited treatment that extends beyond the timeless, readily available pairs. We see limited Stussy, Undefeated, Missoni, the studded joints, and we might even be able to count the John Varvatos pairs.

And that's just one silhouette. Jordan Brand has at least 14 different pairs to choose from for various releases to experiment with colors, themes, and -- one day, I hope -- materials. sh*t, most people into Jordans can name 3 pairs they love without hesitation (I pick 3, 6, 8). No retro is still in the performance line, but they're still wildly popular. I think we're sooner to see price drops on standard pairs & colors with price increases applied to "premium" pairs before we'll see Jordan Brand saturate itself into obscurity.

Right now, we're seeing something unique happening with the LeBron X line (that started with the 8) by having performance-based sneakers in the market and lifestyle, NSW pairs coming to follow. The 'Cork' X is gonna drop, and it will be sought after (and maybe limited) like the Denim 8s and the Italian leather joints. I would expect that school of thought to carry down the hall into Jordan Brand's office -- to start developing Denim versions of classic silhouettes, marked up while the retros plateau between 160 and 170.

So, from a business stand point, I think they're good.

Last edited by KeithHernandez; 12-24-2012 at 06:43 PM..
Unread 12-26-2012, 07:34 AMJoined Oct 2004 - away - #23
HUMAN_CRACK 3 heat pts space
MICHIGAN MADE
space
$6,103 | 10490828
IMO the price is not a problem for me, it's the difficulty of getting a pair that I don't like. Just put enough pairs out, they will still sell out.
Unread 12-26-2012, 08:14 AMJoined May 2005 - away - #24
hbk83 1 heat pts space
space
$2,993 | 7514354
They control it themselves. They produced limited pairs with the previous retro releases. People built up hype because of the availability. Now they are mass producing cause everyone will buy them out of fear they wont get a pair. but it will be too late when people realize that they are widely available, jb/nike will have sold out of them and yes the market will be flooded. but all jb/nike has to do is start producing limited pairs of other heat and people will start acting even crazier.
Unread 12-26-2012, 11:16 AMJoined Oct 2010 - away - #25
Billy Hoyle  space
IM IN THE ZONE!!!!!
space
$1,188 | 3601382
Ppl always say he should make more pairs n when he does this happens. I say make more that way all the hypes can't charge r*pe prices. I actually wear my kicks. Too many ppl cop to re-sell. sh*t disgusts me!
Unread 12-26-2012, 12:30 PMJoined Aug 2004 - away - #26
egotistical 1 heat pts space
space
$6,822 | POWERFUL
I'm just going to say I have friends at nike and they know what the fu*k they are doing

They have been an analytical company for a long time, but they have been using it as of recently to their advantage. They are collecting a lot of data on a lot of units/demand/rsvp/trend topics etc... if the breds dropped next year it would be the same demand. trust me when I say this nike is good on the business side. they will always be the leaders when it comes to shoes period. they are one company that actually seizes a lot of there advantage points. You guys also have to realize these shoes are getting produced with cheaper materials and they are still saving and making shoes for extremely low prices. So fu*k what if a shoe doesn't sell send it to the outlet or swoosh and still double your profits.

Also, side bar they are still A LOT of people that did not get a pair. Most people barely got 1 to a few pairs. Mostly people on boxden got a pair, because we started utilizing all our sources, which most average people don't have. Lines and prices would be no where near what they are if everyone got a pair.
Unread 12-26-2012, 02:01 PMJoined Oct 2012 - away - #27
Grindbox  space
Easy-Elite Manning VP
space
$178 | 1172763
I think Jordan is kind of dumb... I think now that he has some many players wearing his sneakers.. I feel instead of releasing like 6 pairs of sneakers in 1 year.. He should just release 1 pair of sneakers all year in those active players team color ways.. For example in 2013 he releases the Jordan 12s in October he releases 4 Sneakers in Ray Allens team color.. The next month he releases the 12s in Carmelos Team colors.. and then for the holidays release a classic.. then in 2014 does the same with the Jordan 13s.. etc.. the way hes going now his sneakers are getting played quick..
Unread 12-29-2012, 01:35 PMJoined Apr 2004 - away - #28
pandemon 8 heat pts space
space
$9,531 | POWERFUL
those ugly a.ss thunders still sitting on shelves over here as i type this
Unread 12-29-2012, 02:43 PMJoined Jul 2007 - away - #29
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts space
Serious 'Stache
space
$4,050 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by pandemon
those ugly a.ss thunders still sitting on shelves over here as i type this
This is why, in a nutshell, Jordan Brand can't ruin its product value. When it comes to retros, one man's "ugly a.ss thunders" are another's grails. There are so many silhouettes that the permutation between models and colors and materials are endless.
Unread 12-29-2012, 05:54 PMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #30
BackBlock_OG 25 heat pts25 space
4 Da Borough
space
$6,375 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by hbk83
They control it themselves. They produced limited pairs with the previous retro releases. People built up hype because of the availability. Now they are mass producing cause everyone will buy them out of fear they wont get a pair. but it will be too late when people realize that they are widely available, jb/nike will have sold out of them and yes the market will be flooded. but all jb/nike has to do is start producing limited pairs of other heat and people will start acting even crazier.
Yeah that's real cuz that's what happened to me w/ the 11's. I was fiening thinking I wasn't gonna get a pair, then after I copped I find out they produced 500,000 pairs.
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:05 AMJoined Dec 2006 - away - #31
Player 1 19 heat pts19 space
Capo Status
space
$21,175 | POWERFUL
yes..
Unread 12-30-2012, 12:34 PMJoined Nov 2004 - away - #32
qutaboi225 5 heat pts space
B.R. Finest
space
$1,661 | 15333657
they are not ruining there value most people who cop them gonna wear them to the ground & most of og's are not wearable
Unread 12-30-2012, 01:17 PMJoined Aug 2010 - on now - #33
Trill Livin 49 heat pts49 space
space
$11,939 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by egotistical
I'm just going to say I have friends at nike and they know what the fu*k they are doing

They have been an analytical company for a long time, but they have been using it as of recently to their advantage. They are collecting a lot of data on a lot of units/demand/rsvp/trend topics etc... if the breds dropped next year it would be the same demand. trust me when I say this nike is good on the business side. they will always be the leaders when it comes to shoes period. they are one company that actually seizes a lot of there advantage points. You guys also have to realize these shoes are getting produced with cheaper materials and they are still saving and making shoes for extremely low prices. So fu*k what if a shoe doesn't sell send it to the outlet or swoosh and still double your profits.

Also, side bar they are still A LOT of people that did not get a pair. Most people barely got 1 to a few pairs. Mostly people on boxden got a pair, because we started utilizing all our sources, which most average people don't have. Lines and prices would be no where near what they are if everyone got a pair.

love this small community, Niketalk,solecollecter get rapped with so many people you cant get real info without everyone knowing.
only got the 11's cause someone here posted their history link
sh*t like that dont be happening on other sites lol

new replies show automatically every 10 second(s) automatic refreshing stopped Un-Idle - Reload

Home > all sections > Kicks @ BX

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
51 viewing
Image inside Remember Cindy Margolis?  
114 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
27 viewing
Image inside Malaysians shot down a real life DRAGON!!!
79 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Image inside Ayisha Diaz Bad Azz  
115 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside Augusta native Cortez Berry is NOT enjoying his st..
135 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Image inside Juelz girl aint got a belly button  
70 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
13 viewing
OT ESPN: Top 20 Athletes Of Past 20 Y..
100 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Video inside So you wanna know about that Paul Walker ending bit..
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Image inside Mar 31 - Whistleblower cop: Police Get Gun and Sku..
94 comments
@news
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Video inside This new Furious 7 Commercial lowkey almost made me..
20 comments
@movies

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time