This is BX @ Boxden.com

Is Jordan Brand !!ing up their product value by producing so many pairs recently?

New replies will show automatically every 5 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Is Jordan Brand !!ing up their product value by producing so many pairs recently?
 12-24-2012, 06:39 PMaway - #21
Phuck Yiu 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$3,187 | 15648117
demand is higher than the supply so it doesn't seem like the product value is lowering. if anything is lowering the value it would be the !!ty quality.
 12-24-2012, 06:40 PMaway - #22
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts

d 
space
$4,005 | POWERFUL
I definitely see where you're coming from, but let me answer your question with a question. Is Converse losing any cache among its die-hards because of how many shoes they have in the market? The Chuck Taylor is a basketball sneaker that pre-dates any Jordan by nearly a decade and still receives the limited treatment that extends beyond the timeless, readily available pairs. We see limited Stussy, Undefeated, Missoni, the studded joints, and we might even be able to count the John Varvatos pairs.

And that's just one silhouette. Jordan Brand has at least 14 different pairs to choose from for various releases to experiment with colors, themes, and -- one day, I hope -- materials. !!, most people into Jordans can name 3 pairs they love without hesitation (I pick 3, 6, 8). No retro is still in the performance line, but they're still wildly popular. I think we're sooner to see price drops on standard pairs & colors with price increases applied to "premium" pairs before we'll see Jordan Brand saturate itself into obscurity.

Right now, we're seeing something unique happening with the LeBron X line (that started with the 8) by having performance-based sneakers in the market and lifestyle, NSW pairs coming to follow. The 'Cork' X is gonna drop, and it will be sought after (and maybe limited) like the Denim 8s and the Italian leather joints. I would expect that school of thought to carry down the hall into Jordan Brand's office -- to start developing Denim versions of classic silhouettes, marked up while the retros plateau between 160 and 170.

So, from a business stand point, I think they're good.

Last edited by KeithHernandez; 12-24-2012 at 06:43 PM..
 12-26-2012, 07:34 AMonline - #23
HUMAN_CRACK 3 heat pts

d 
space
$5,782 | 8951026
IMO the price is not a problem for me, it's the difficulty of getting a pair that I don't like. Just put enough pairs out, they will still sell out.
 12-26-2012, 08:14 AMaway - #24
hbk83 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,889 | 7197166
They control it themselves. They produced limited pairs with the previous retro releases. People built up hype because of the availability. Now they are mass producing cause everyone will buy them out of fear they wont get a pair. but it will be too late when people realize that they are widely available, jb/nike will have sold out of them and yes the market will be flooded. but all jb/nike has to do is start producing limited pairs of other heat and people will start acting even crazier.
 12-26-2012, 11:16 AMaway - #25
Billy Hoyle 

d 
space
$817 | 2374995
Ppl always say he should make more pairs n when he does this happens. I say make more that way all the hypes can't charge[..] prices. I actually wear my kicks. Too many ppl cop to re-sell. !! disgusts me!
 12-26-2012, 12:30 PMaway - #26
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,709 | POWERFUL
I'm just going to say I have friends at nike and they know what the !! they are doing

They have been an analytical company for a long time, but they have been using it as of recently to their advantage. They are collecting a lot of data on a lot of units/demand/rsvp/trend topics etc... if the breds dropped next year it would be the same demand. trust me when I say this nike is good on the business side. they will always be the leaders when it comes to shoes period. they are one company that actually seizes a lot of there advantage points. You guys also have to realize these shoes are getting produced with cheaper materials and they are still saving and making shoes for extremely low prices. So !! what if a shoe doesn't sell send it to the outlet or swoosh and still double your profits.

Also, side bar they are still A LOT of people that did not get a pair. Most people barely got 1 to a few pairs. Mostly people on boxden got a pair, because we started utilizing all our sources, which most average people don't have. Lines and prices would be no where near what they are if everyone got a pair.
 12-26-2012, 02:01 PMaway - #27
Grindbox 

d 
space
$178 | 1172763
I think Jordan is kind of dumb... I think now that he has some many players wearing his sneakers.. I feel instead of releasing like 6 pairs of sneakers in 1 year.. He should just release 1 pair of sneakers all year in those active players team color ways.. For example in 2013 he releases the Jordan 12s in October he releases 4 Sneakers in Ray Allens team color.. The next month he releases the 12s in Carmelos Team colors.. and then for the holidays release a classic.. then in 2014 does the same with the Jordan 13s.. etc.. the way hes going now his sneakers are getting played quick..
 12-29-2012, 01:35 PMaway - #28
pandemon 8 heat pts

d 
space
$9,053 | POWERFUL
those ugly a$s thunders still sitting on shelves over here as i type this
 12-29-2012, 02:43 PMaway - #29
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts

d 
space
$4,005 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by pandemon
those ugly a$s thunders still sitting on shelves over here as i type this
This is why, in a nutshell, Jordan Brand can't ruin its product value. When it comes to retros, one man's "ugly a$s thunders" are another's grails. There are so many silhouettes that the permutation between models and colors and materials are endless.
 12-29-2012, 05:54 PMaway - #30
BackBlock_OG 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$5,938 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by hbk83
They control it themselves. They produced limited pairs with the previous retro releases. People built up hype because of the availability. Now they are mass producing cause everyone will buy them out of fear they wont get a pair. but it will be too late when people realize that they are widely available, jb/nike will have sold out of them and yes the market will be flooded. but all jb/nike has to do is start producing limited pairs of other heat and people will start acting even crazier.
Yeah that's real cuz that's what happened to me w/ the 11's. I was fiening thinking I wasn't gonna get a pair, then after I copped I find out they produced 500,000 pairs.
 12-30-2012, 11:05 AMaway - #31
Player 1 19 heat pts19

d 
space
$19,135 | POWERFUL
yes..
 12-30-2012, 12:34 PMaway - #32
qutaboi225 

d 
space
$1,221 | 7285680
they are not ruining there value most people who cop them gonna wear them to the ground & most of og's are not wearable
 12-30-2012, 01:17 PMaway - #33
Trill Livin 42 heat pts42

d 
space
$10,951 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by egotistical
I'm just going to say I have friends at nike and they know what the !! they are doing

They have been an analytical company for a long time, but they have been using it as of recently to their advantage. They are collecting a lot of data on a lot of units/demand/rsvp/trend topics etc... if the breds dropped next year it would be the same demand. trust me when I say this nike is good on the business side. they will always be the leaders when it comes to shoes period. they are one company that actually seizes a lot of there advantage points. You guys also have to realize these shoes are getting produced with cheaper materials and they are still saving and making shoes for extremely low prices. So !! what if a shoe doesn't sell send it to the outlet or swoosh and still double your profits.

Also, side bar they are still A LOT of people that did not get a pair. Most people barely got 1 to a few pairs. Mostly people on boxden got a pair, because we started utilizing all our sources, which most average people don't have. Lines and prices would be no where near what they are if everyone got a pair.

love this small community, Niketalk,solecollecter get rapped with so many people you cant get real info without everyone knowing.
only got the 11's cause someone here posted their history link
!! like that dont be happening on other sites lol

New replies will show automatically every 5 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > Kicks @ BX (Sneakers & Clothing)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Actual Iggy Azalea
112 comments
Image inside  Thick Vietnamese chick named Kandy...
60 comments
Image inside  Dave Chappelle Reveals Shockingly Buff New Look
66 comments
 NBA Nba-who Is The Most Overrated All Time Great?
New reply 4 minutes ago - 256 comments - by JordanWest86
 Video inside Video Of Bleached Up Dancehall Dj Vybz Kartelís Allege...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 51 comments - by ajeana
 Video inside Rita Ora At The Breakfast Club: Jayz, Rihanna Clone, R...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 107 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Image(s) inside This Girls Dad Came Out Of Nowhere (gif)
New reply 42 minutes ago - 59 comments - by Aleandroid
  Worst Movie Endings
New reply 10 minutes ago - 90 comments - by tre0624
  If They Rebooted "white Men Can't Jump"
New reply 45 minutes ago - 73 comments - by -ThE~DoN~LoN-
 Video inside Dr. Dre Or Pharrell??
New reply 10 minutes ago - 94 comments - by AngOmusic93
 NBA Tim Donaghy: Nba Has Told Refs To Give Nets Calls Over...
New reply 45 minutes ago - 70 comments - by ogballer32

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,710 fans of BX | none new today 4,649 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.