This is BX @ Boxden.com

Is Jordan Brand ####ing up their product value by producing so many pairs recently?

Is Jordan Brand ####ing up their product value by producing so many pairs recently?
topic by BackBlock_OG - 12-23-2012, 08:52 AM - Boxden > Kicks @ BX (Sneakers & Clothing)

Strictly from a business perspective, not a sneakerhead, are they over flooding the market? I was one of those people that never complained about how hard it was to cop b/c I understand that's business. All the crime, door busting, resellers and ni##a moments were great for the brand b/c it generated interest. Somebody who isn't into kicks sees all the commotion over the Concords last year or the breds going for $400+ on ebay and that creates interest in the brand. Now the market is over flooded w/ breds and the so-called "quickstrike" thunders were easy as #### to cop. Once again, speaking from a business standpoint, not a sneakerhead, that's not what I would want. It may mean more $$$ now, but I guarantee the next time a popular shoe is released, the hype will be nowhere near the same b/c now people see it's not as hard as they expected to cop.

What do y'all think?

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

32 comments for "Is Jordan Brand ####ing up their product value by producing so many pairs recently?"

12-23-2012, 08:54 AMaway - #2
Toss 

d 
space
$3,997 | 4713508
i mean noo the demand is there but recently i been seeing a increase they started making a lot more sneakers then usual. when you compare the concords and the bred to the space jams and cool grey you can clearly see
 12-23-2012, 08:59 AMaway - #3
bmandagod 6 heat pts

d 
space
$2,872 | 16227442
their testing the market to see how much they actually can make if they put out even more pairs, will people still go crazy and anty the price up. Nike checks into all this ####...ebay,niketalk,sneaker websites like flight club....
 12-23-2012, 09:09 AMaway - #4
Wondah_Woman 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,102 | 11474637
Originally Posted by BackBlock_OG
Strictly from a business perspective, not a sneakerhead, are they over flooding the market? I was one of those people that never complained about how hard it was to cop b/c I understand that's business. All the crime, door busting, resellers and ni##a moments were great for the brand b/c it generated interest. Somebody who isn't into kicks sees all the commotion over the Concords last year or the breds going for $400+ on ebay and that creates interest in the brand. Now the market is over flooded w/ breds and the so-called "quickstrike" thunders were easy as #### to cop. Once again, speaking from a business standpoint, not a sneakerhead, that's not what I would want. It may mean more $$$ now, but I guarantee the next time a popular shoe is released, the hype will be nowhere near the same b/c now people see it's not as hard as they expected to cop.

What do y'all think?
Thunders were easy to cop because the beast were out for the breds.
 12-23-2012, 09:14 AMonline - #5
BackBlock_OG 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$6,037 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Wondah_Woman
Thunders were easy to cop because the beast were out for the breds.

True, but look how many people on here were able to get breds. Who predicted that?
 12-23-2012, 09:19 AMaway - #6
missing linX 

d 
space
$1,393 | 4535419
True, but look how many people on here were able to get breds. Who predicted that?
Good for them. I'm one of those people who wasn't gonna pay $300 for a pair of ####ing sneakers. I waited for a restock and boom, got em. I reallllly wanted these Retro IV Breds. I don't cop all the new #### just to have it. I only buy #### I really like. These I liked a lot. Resellers can suck a di#k.
 12-23-2012, 09:23 AMaway - #7
ayoking 3 heat pts

d 
space
$629 | 4109447
They are lowering their value. The 11s will always sell out but for other sneakers not so much. For example if they made enough pairs that they were still in stock less people will by jordans the next time because the hype isnt there anymore. If you were able to get the concords through all the craziness that happened it felt like you accomplished something because alot more people couldn't get them. That feeling made you want to get every jordan that comes out which is why other jordans that shouldn't be selling out sold out.
 12-23-2012, 09:28 AMaway - #8
Wondah_Woman 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,102 | 11474637
That's true, but I'm one of rosé unfortunate souls who didn't get a pair of breds, and I'm sure that they're other folks like me who'll be waiting to be first in line on the re up
 12-23-2012, 09:32 AMaway - #9
missing linX 

d 
space
$1,393 | 4535419
Originally Posted by ayoking
They are lowering their value. The 11s will always sell out but for other sneakers not so much. For example if they made enough pairs that they were still in stock less people will by jordans the next time because the hype isnt there anymore. If you were able to get the concords through all the craziness that happened it felt like you accomplished something because alot more people couldn't get them. That feeling made you want to get every jordan that comes out which is why other jordans that shouldn't be selling out sold out.
Less people could buy some knowing they're easier for everyone to get, but more people will buy some knowing they're easier to get too. Not everyone buys new Jordans just because they're the new hot ####.
 12-23-2012, 09:44 AMonline - #10

d 
space
$6,037 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by missing linX
Less people could buy some knowing they're easier for everyone to get, but more people will buy some knowing they're easier to get too. Not everyone buys new Jordans just because they're the new hot ####.
But that's why I said "speaking from a business standpoint, not a sneakerhead." You bought the IV's b/c you really wanted the shoe, but as a businessman I'm not worried about you b/c you're only buying the ones you want. I'm worried about the people that are only buying what's hot b/c they make EVERY shoe sell out, and that's what I want. If they see that anyone and everyone can get them, like dude said above, the less popular models aren't gonna sell.
 12-23-2012, 09:44 AMonline - #11

d 
space
$6,037 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ayoking
 12-23-2012, 10:14 AMaway - #12
samsin420 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$5,596 | POWERFUL
Understand that if they make a #### ton of pairs,its by design. Example,military 4s. Jordan brand drops a ton of limited stuff,and when most people fail at getting them,JB/Nike usually always offers a large scale produced consolation prize. I know quite a bit of dudes that didn't get Bred 11s. Now mind you,they aren't hip to online scoring,and don't really got time to battle ticket/rsvp demons. Also,let's remember that the Concords/Galaxy Foams made Nike/JB implement a system. Yes,there was some craziness,but it was severely mild compared to that of the Concords. Bet your a$s if they would've allowed EVERY spot that dropped them, to drop them on a first come,first serve basis....ultimate chaos would have broken out and the value/hype would be higher than what they are at now. I almost want to bookmark this thread so that when they drop some highly exclusive ####,and dudes is salty they missed out,I can refer to this thread and mention how quickly one can be on the other end of the stick.
 12-23-2012, 10:53 AMaway - #13
missing linX 

d 
space
$1,393 | 4535419
I don't feel bad for anyone who can't make money by buying sneakers and reselling them for double what they paid.
 12-23-2012, 11:00 AMonline - #14

d 
space
$6,037 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by samsin420
I almost want to bookmark this thread so that when they drop some highly exclusive ####,and dudes is salty they missed out,I can refer to this thread and mention how quickly one can be on the other end of the stick.
I think you're missing the point. This is not a thread about me being upset that other people got the same J's as me. I was one of the people up all night trying to help other guys get them. You used the milt 4's as an example, but it was easier to cop the bred XI's than the 4's, and that is gonna take away the value of the 11's in the end. The long lines, robberies, and supply complaints are great for JB. It makes the average person want to see what all the hype is about. That's why shoes like the olives sold out.
 12-23-2012, 11:02 AMonline - #15

d 
space
$6,037 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by missing linX
I don't feel bad for anyone who can't make money by buying sneakers and reselling them for double what they paid.
That's not what this is about. It's about JB losing it's hype b/c it's shoes aren't hard to obtain. The exclusivity maintains the hype.
 12-23-2012, 11:26 AMaway - #16
samsin420 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$5,596 | POWERFUL
I think you're missing the point. This is not a thread about me being upset that other people got the same J's as me. I was one of the people up all night trying to help other guys get them. You used the milt 4's as an example, but it was easier to cop the bred XI's than the 4's, and that is gonna take away the value of the 11's in the end. The long lines, robberies, and supply complaints are great for JB. It makes the average person want to see what all the hype is about. That's why shoes like the olives sold out.

So u pick the last part of what I said and claim im missing the point? The 11s were not an easier cop than the bred 4s please tell me your joking? I can name 4 stores that typically gets 30-60 pairs of retro js,received 48 pairs of Bred 4s,and a minimal 12-18 pairs of Bred 11s. Resellers tell that tale of how easy a cop something was as well. I seen PLENTY resellers end up with well over 100 pairs of Bred 4s. Meanwhile,they can't even get ONE SINGLE full size run of Bred 11s?
 12-23-2012, 11:34 AMaway - #17
jsmooth-117 6 heat pts

d 
space
$8,064 | POWERFUL
They are going to get money one way or another. The only thing JB is doing by doing this is keeping the child support employees busy trying to figure out why hasn't support been paid. A lot of shut off notices will be sent out for a multitude of different utilities.
 12-23-2012, 11:38 AMaway - #18
ShaDoW1 6 heat pts

d 
space
$4,632 | 20562442
no because i want some jordans too without ####s buying 30 pairs of the same ####ing shoe and reselling for 4x the original price
 12-24-2012, 04:46 PMaway - #19
Niruggg 134 heat pts134

d 
space
$11,786 | POWERFUL
making the product you sell hard to get is moronic you get one of two things chaos at stores or and eventual backlash of people saying #### your product its not worth the hassle
 12-24-2012, 05:19 PMaway - #20
shadydre85 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$5,615 | POWERFUL
I think there doing it to stop or slow down the hypebeast.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > Kicks @ BX (Sneakers & Clothing)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Jul 30 - Boston Thug rapes 17-yr-old at Keith Urban c..
66 comments
Image inside  Jul 30 - Hate Crime Maps Reveal the Most Prejudiced P..
57 comments
Jul 30 - Africans accuse "Westerners" of Spreading Ebola.
58 comments
 Video inside Chief Keef Ft. Tadoe- Tec(official Video) #sosaseasoni...
New reply 38 seconds ago - 93 comments - by NoLastName
 Image(s) inside Your Girlfriend Or Your Barber
New reply 12 minutes ago - 57 comments - by blafy
 Image(s) inside How Smart Are You? Intelligence Test
New reply 2 minutes ago - 59 comments - by blaznfor20
 Video inside Watch: New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's ‘interstell...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 51 comments - by SM
 Image(s) inside Angela Simmons Wow
New reply 3 minutes ago - 130 comments - by WizDoM
 Video inside Def Jam: Fight For Ny" Was Blazin' Out Of Control
New reply 18 minutes ago - 67 comments - by Doc Logical
 Video inside Man On 6 Train Starts Drawing Everybody On The Train A...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 65 comments - by local celebrity
 Video inside 9 Songs Used By The Cia To Torture Prisoners
New reply 18 minutes ago - 94 comments - by local celebrity

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,760 fans of BX | none new today 4,741 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.