This is BX @ Boxden.com

What's wrong with the GNC brand Whey Protein?

What's wrong with the GNC brand Whey Protein?
topic by RUStillDown - 08-01-2008, 06:14 PM - Boxden > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Back when I bought my 1st protein tub, the lady (half man? maybe just a chick with a mustache and a very deep voice with bad acne) suggested the Nitrotech and said that that the GNC whey will not help me get bigger? Now I' consider myself alot more advanced about lifting, and I also feel like the lady (once again, possibly a man?) lied to me? Isn't whey protein just whey protein? I mean it's cheaper than ON, and I'm definitely on a budget, and this one runs for $38.

Has anyone tried it before? Which flavor is the best (least nasiest)? I'm going to be shaking it up in a blender with low fat milk, so which would turn out with good tasting results?

Here are the following available GNC brand flavors: Cookies & Cream, Chocolate, Strawberry, Mixed Berry, Chocolate Caramel, Banana Cream, Vanilla?

Of course, does anyone have any other decent tasting deals on a 5 lb tub? Under $38 that is...?

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

30 comments for "What's wrong with the GNC brand Whey Protein?"

08-01-2008, 09:30 PMaway - #2
Mr1979 

d 
space
$537 | 1365338
I started out with the Vanilla cause that what was suggested to me, but the Mixed Berry is all I purchase now.
 08-01-2008, 10:01 PMaway - #3
boricuabx1980 

d 
space
$776 | 1250292
Have to go with mixed berry. its all I buy especially when they have buy 1 get one half off
 08-01-2008, 10:15 PMaway - #4
Rubix 

d 
space
$8,064 | POWERFUL
i admit i don't know #### about this brand of protein but im guessing that its cheaper because it uses a ####tier blend of protein. "whey" isn't JUST whey. the #### in that gnc stuff probably passes right through you so even though you're spending less than you would on ON's, you're still basically ####ting your money away. i'm a$suming (based on the price difference) that the blend doesn't include a lot of isolates in it. ON's whey has a good reputation of having one of the best blends of proteins - having more isolates that most econo-proteins out there now.
 08-01-2008, 10:30 PMaway - #5
Rique 30 heat pts30

d 
space
$26,013 | POWERFUL
U can get on for less than $38

08-02-2008, 03:19 AMaway - #6
Makaveli0471 

d 
space
$114 | POWERFUL
at the vitamin shoppe you can get ON for 43 bucks (not much more than you are paying now) or if you have a gold card you can get it at gnc for 43
 08-02-2008, 05:16 PMaway - #7
StatisticZ 1 heat pts

d 
space
$13,564 | 19218087
I was told Whey Protein was Whey Protein, by many people who have been building for years.
 08-02-2008, 05:35 PMaway - #8
Rubix 

d 
space
$8,064 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by StatisticZ
I was told Whey Protein was Whey Protein, by many people who have been building for years.
i've been told that high reps "cut" and "tone" muscles by people who have supposedly lifted for years but that doesn't mean its true either.
 08-02-2008, 05:36 PMaway - #9
RUStillDown 

d 
space
$327 | 612437
Alright, I just went in an picked up the GNC branded CHOCOLATE CARAMEL 5lb for $35... I'll open the #### on and monday and let ya'll know how it tastes..

btw the dude over there was pretty cool, he told me just bring in the used protein tub like in 2-3 weeks, tell the dude at gnc that you started getting headaches, stomachaches, and you demand a refund, and they will give you a full hassle-less refund :)
 08-02-2008, 06:18 PMonline - #10
sonof504 1 heat pts

d 
space
$5,461 | 14452565
Don't get chocolate.. I mean it isn't a$s horrible but uggggh. It's one of those drinks I had to force down. Kinda taste like bland hot coco

I'm going with mixed berry next time...
 08-02-2008, 08:04 PMaway - #11
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts

d 
space
$13,607 | POWERFUL
have never bought protein from GNC...I have always gone to vitiman shoppe because of price/selection.

If you are up for ordering online, check out Scivation Whey, its cheap and has great macros...

And most protein doesn't taste that good IMO...i choke it down for the most part and if im home, ill mix in some natural peanut butter or fruit to help with the taste...
 08-03-2008, 02:01 PMaway - #12
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts

d 
space
$10,369 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by RUStillDown

Back when I bought my 1st protein tub, the lady (half man? maybe just a chick with a mustache and a very deep voice with bad acne) suggested the Nitrotech and said that that the GNC whey will not help me get bigger? Now I' consider myself alot more advanced about lifting, and I also feel like the lady (once again, possibly a man?) lied to me? Isn't whey protein just whey protein? I mean it's cheaper than ON, and I'm definitely on a budget, and this one runs for $38.

Has anyone tried it before? Which flavor is the best (least nasiest)? I'm going to be shaking it up in a blender with low fat milk, so which would turn out with good tasting results?

Here are the following available GNC brand flavors: Cookies & Cream, Chocolate, Strawberry, Mixed Berry, Chocolate Caramel, Banana Cream, Vanilla?

Of course, does anyone have any other decent tasting deals on a 5 lb tub? Under $38 that is...?
vitacost.com sells cytosport whey protein for 36 a tub, and only 5 shipping on any size order, good protein too, as far as the ones in the store, read the labels, compare em and see, but nitrotech is more for building muscle than regular protein (supposedly, never used it, most likely doesn't really do anything), id stick with protein and creatine for a few months first tho...
 08-03-2008, 03:47 PMaway - #13
Dat Nucka|m 

d 
space
$1,953 | 7860286
I've had GNC 100% Whey, and it worked fine for me, didnt really recognize the difference from that and ON 100% Whey, so if thats what fits your budget, then use that.

and i like Banana and Vanilla, never tried anything else.
 08-03-2008, 07:28 PMaway - #14
DaKid730 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$6,165 | POWERFUL
Sams Club $31
 08-03-2008, 07:43 PMaway - #15
nyknicks19 

d 
space
$903 | 2981934
Alright, I just went in an picked up the GNC branded CHOCOLATE CARAMEL 5lb for $35... I'll open the #### on and monday and let ya'll know how it tastes..

btw the dude over there was pretty cool, he told me just bring in the used protein tub like in 2-3 weeks, tell the dude at gnc that you started getting headaches, stomachaches, and you demand a refund, and they will give you a full hassle-less refund :)
are headaches a common side of effect of protein shakes?
 08-03-2008, 07:50 PMaway - #16
Ex[Hale] 

d 
space
$646 | 2289283
American Whey Chocolate..10 lbs for $52.00 ..Tastes great and is whey isolate.
 08-06-2008, 01:09 AMaway - #17
lifetimez 

d 
space
$2,806 | 10307122

Double Chocolate is the way to go.
 08-06-2008, 10:53 PMaway - #18
Rsx-T 1 heat pts

d 
space
$736 | 848940

I have the Chocolate and i will suggest taking the powder with Milk for better taste . Also , make sure you mix well or you will be drinking Chunks .
 08-07-2008, 10:03 PMaway - #19
RUStillDown 

d 
space
$327 | 612437
oh #### i forgot about this thread, to anyone who was wondering, the GNC brand whey protein: CHOCOLATE CARAMEL

=== Best ####ing protein shake I have ever tried. (Mixed with milk).. I'm serious, there's no bad taste at all, i can actually take sips of this shake, usually ii had to down that ####, but this is dope :smoke2:
 08-14-2008, 01:32 AMaway - #20
chitownfonz 

d 
space
$90 | 211100

u can get ON for about the same price, couple bucks more.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Oct 22 - Autopsy reveals Michael Brown reached for of..
70 comments
Article inside  Titanfall teases 'biggest update' details for tomorr..
68 comments
Image inside  NBA LIVE 15 EA Access Full Game Trial Lands October 2..
56 comments
 Video inside Gay Rumor Control: Tyrese Responds To Spanky’s Gay Acc...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 119 comments - by ajeana
  Oct 21 - She Tweeted Against The Mexican Cartels. They...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 63 comments - by Turk3
 Video inside Honey Cocaine - Curveball...exposing Thirsty Men And O...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 305 comments - by blafy
 Image(s) inside Freeway Robbed For Rocafella Chain?[rumor]
New reply 15 minutes ago - 64 comments - by Carlton Black
 NBA 4thqtrkobe With 3 Consecutive Baskets In The Clutch
New reply 3 minutes ago - 93 comments - by TnTbadman
 NFL Some Seahawks Players Allegedly Don’t Think Russell Wi...
New reply 28 minutes ago - 156 comments - by st21
 Video inside T.i. At The Breakfast Club: Iggy & Snoop, Ebola, G...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 76 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Video inside Oct 21 - Man To Obama: Don't Touch My Girlfriend
New reply 41 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Carlton Black

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,829 fans of BX | none new today 4,796 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.