This is BX @ Boxden.com

treating razorbumps on face

treating razorbumps on face
topic by Aquariuzzz - 07-24-2005, 03:20 PM - Boxden > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

i got razor bumps on my chin and side of my face and i cant get rid of them, i been using different stuff, even shaving every single day before i sleep. They are not going crazy yet, but the things i have tried arent helping much at all. im black btw. what are the best solutions? seeing a dermatologist is a last resort.

i been using this bump stopper but it hasnt done much. i also use the clearasil aftershave balm, it worked when i first tried it, but doesnt any more. and i drink plenty of water already.

any help gets proped.

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

26 comments for "treating razorbumps on face"

07-24-2005, 03:26 PMaway - #2
crunkynmunky 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,085 | 3516121
man yo....

i feel you. me myself, like b4 i shave i wash my face real good and then let the shaving cream sit for like 20 minutes. wipe that off, and then put on some more. shave from top to bottom, a hot water rinse, and then pure rubbing alcohol. works for me. if i don't do that i get em all n@sty. but when i follow that regimen, i don't get one at alll. so i say rubbing alcohol.
 07-24-2005, 03:28 PMaway - #3
TrackMagic 

d 
space
$3,926 | 5651786
i use this thing called bump f!ghter works well it has asprin in it that takes down the bumps. keeps face smooth.

also when you shave dont use a razor buy an electric one,less chance of you cutting your self, and aslong as your careful it wont pull your hair to give you bumps.
 07-24-2005, 03:46 PMaway - #4
chattown 

d 
space
$622 | 4491680
there is something called skin tight it cost alot but it works good
 07-24-2005, 04:00 PMaway - #5
Aquariuzzz 

d 
space
$203 | 269
ill take some of this advice, but i might need more.
 07-24-2005, 09:54 PMaway - #6
Sleepy28 

d 
space
$205 | 22009
TEND SKIN!!! is all i got to say...im tellin u. This will really work, I used to get them around mustache, under the chin and especially neck. Only thing i can say is dont put to much cuz it will dry your skin out. Another thing is when i shave i put a hot towel over my face and neck and makes it much easier to shave. tendskin.com
 07-24-2005, 10:12 PMaway - #7
DueCe NigGalo 4 heat pts

d 
space
$393 | 3701462
Razor bumps basically come from hair being pulled, etc etc. Put your shaving cream on, make a cloth as hot as you can take it, put it on your face and let it sit. That softens the hair a lot and decreases the chance of getting razor bumps by a CRAZY amount. Thing is, it also opens up your pores so when you put the rubbing alcohol it burns like a bi#ch..But it does clean your skin.
 07-24-2005, 10:17 PMaway - #8
What do u want 

d 
space
$904 | 1009518
Originally Posted by Sleepy28
TEND SKIN!!! is all i got to say...im tellin u. This will really work, I used to get them around mustache, under the chin and especially neck. Only thing i can say is dont put to much cuz it will dry your skin out. Another thing is when i shave i put a hot towel over my face and neck and makes it much easier to shave. tendskin.com
I use that sh#t too. I don't even use it that much now though cuz they dont really keep coming. Plus I use an electric not a razor.
 07-24-2005, 10:18 PMaway - #9
cwxc818 

d 
space
$583 | 19991168
shave in the a.m. after a shower and make sure that razor is new and sharp...a dull razor pulls at the hair, causing irritation. if i shave at night or if i shave then do some type of physical activity where i'll be sweatin alot i tend to break out. also try to shave the direction the hair is growin...thats hard to do under the neck though. worst comes to worst, an electric razor will do the trick and some good aftershave too
 07-24-2005, 10:29 PMaway - #10
Chubby 

d 
space
$306 | 3099
Duac Topical Gel.

Get it from a pharmasist. It's the real sh#t that does everything, pimples, razorbumps, everything. And your face is left nice and smooth. It's great, but be patient with it. And use it everyday.
 07-24-2005, 10:49 PMaway - #11
A.G 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$36,648 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by cwxc818
shave in the a.m. after a shower and make sure that razor is new and sharp...a dull razor pulls at the hair, causing irritation. if i shave at night or if i shave then do some type of physical activity where i'll be sweatin alot i tend to break out. also try to shave the direction the hair is growin...thats hard to do under the neck though. worst comes to worst, an electric razor will do the trick and some good aftershave too
yah its much easier to go against the grain on the neck..
for me i just keep the skin moist, DONT USE SOAP before shaving on your face (drys up the skin). Take light, gentle strokes when shaving. Shave every day also..

On a side note, shaving is a bi#ch. I wish my sh#t never grew
:banghead:
 07-24-2005, 10:51 PMaway - #12
TheEncore 

d 
space
$810 | 5475004
If you are black

DONT USE A RAZOR!!!!! DONT USE A RAZOR!!!! Use clippers
 07-24-2005, 11:33 PMaway - #13
norland2000 

d 
space
$253 | 105020
everything ya said waz ok but to get ridof them do the followin let the hair grow trust me let it grow for bout a week or 2 the cut it off with clippers it will work trust me i use to have them all around my face and after 2 weeks lettin it grow then cuttin it it will go down a whole lot
 07-25-2005, 02:26 AMaway - #14
Cutty Olds 

d 
space
$8,951 | 19806908
Originally Posted by Aquariuzzz
i got razor bumps on my chin and side of my face and i cant get rid of them, i been using different stuff, even shaving every single day before i sleep. They are not going crazy yet, but the things i have tried arent helping much at all. im black btw. what are the best solutions? seeing a dermatologist is a last resort.

i been using this bump stopper but it hasnt done much. i also use the clearasil aftershave balm, it worked when i first tried it, but doesnt any more. and i drink plenty of water already.

any help gets proped.
Check it out duke
1.First thing get some "Bump Patrol" from either Sally's or Wal Mart

2. Buy you a pair of them $8 dollar (yes $8 dollars) Revlon Tweezers with the Pointed tip

3. Buy you some Exfoliation Cream Like and Oatmeal or Apricot Scrub..Aveeno is a really good brand you can also ge that out at Wal Mart

4. A Daily face cleanser and moisturizer (Neutregena is good)

5. Purchase some really good trimmers ..not the battery operated ones wither ..I mean like the 50 to 70 dollar ones

Im in the Navy and I don't have to shave because my hair bumps are so bad if I do..But I'll tell you what I do to keep my face as clear as it is.

Your gonna have to get a mirror or a really good girl friend to "pull out" EVERY LAST INFECTED HAIR..all the ones that's curled in MUST BE PULLED OUT YOU HAVE NO CHOICE!!!

If you shave first before you "tweez" your hairs use your trimmer...Remember the ones like your barber uses give a better cut and the don't PULL your hairs wich is something you do not want!

When you wash your face Exfoliate first...then use your facial moisturizure

apply our Bump Patrol at night or RIGHT after you shave.

This a keep your face from bumping up bruh remember you cant ever ever shave with a razor EVER again!

hope this helps
 07-25-2005, 04:18 AMaway - #15
Live1 

d 
space
$74 | 1358
Stop shaving, and use trimmers. I havent had any problems with bumps.
 07-25-2005, 07:34 AMaway - #16
couplewords 

d 
space
$1,074 | 0
I've had bad problems....everything was solved when i bought a norelco electric shaver(the one made to be used under water and with shaving creame). And you must use shaving oil first(it makes your hair stand up straight-kings of shave has a cheap one). then a non-congenic shaving cream like aveenos.

Put the oil on...put the shaving cream on with one of those lil brushes...let it sit while your brush your teeth or somethin...use the electric shaver....rinse....then I put some bump stopper double strength just in case...hope that helps
 07-25-2005, 07:41 AMaway - #17
thaawater 

d 
space
$4,670 | 36125
even shaving every single day before i sleep
wtf?

why the hell do you shave b4 you go to sleep man?

u shave when u wake up ,not when u go to sleep

and considering facial hair grows in every day why would you sleep threw a fresh clean shave?
 07-25-2005, 09:09 AMaway - #18
TechN9ne21 

d 
space
$726 | 722521
I just shave when I get out the shower. Don't dry your face off or nothin and use soap instead of shaving cream . Make sure razor is new and nice and wet. Ghetto as hell but never get razor burn anymore
 07-25-2005, 09:12 AMaway - #19
marques2386 

d 
space
$154 | 2935
oh damn ill def take these tips and use em good looks
 07-25-2005, 11:41 AMaway - #20
bgj887 

d 
space
$1,516 | 6289306
i used to use a razor but now i fu#k wit a trimmer they use in a barber shop

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Oct 20 - You Can Turn A $2000 Shipping Container Into..
52 comments
Image inside  Oct 20 - There's One Skill Worth More Than A Harvard ..
103 comments
NFL MNF - Texans vs. Steelers - 8:30PM
221 comments
 Video inside Ja Rule Says Egos Got In The Way Of His Super Group Wi...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 51 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 audio inside Drake - How About Now
New reply 13 minutes ago - 161 comments - by DanBootleg
 Image(s) inside Who Seen Ty Beats Expose Asap Earlier Today?
New reply 4 minutes ago - 117 comments - by Deelo Deniroz
 Video inside Top 10 Worst Third Movie Franchise Installments
New reply 13 minutes ago - 58 comments - by Ms Ambitious
  Tom Hardy Being Eyed For X-men Apocalypse?
New reply 6 minutes ago - 57 comments - by P DRILLA
  What Podcasts Help You Get Through Work?
New reply 15 minutes ago - 65 comments - by what ever
 Article inside 2014 Is First Year Ever With Zero Platinum-certified R...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 160 comments - by Fly or Die
 Video inside Dragon Ball Z Coming Back To Tv, First Promo Trailer
New reply 19 minutes ago - 81 comments - by goldenera

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,827 fans of BX | none new today 4,790 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.