This is BX @ Boxden.com


tips on working smarter and shorter, and not harder and longer


 tips on working smarter and shorter, and not harder and longer
topic by stanis3k - 12-11-2012, 09:09 PM - Boxden > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition


so time has become a very expensive luxury as of late, i seem to have less of it each and every day, i used to do about 2hrs in they gym (1 hr treadmill, the other hr weight training). now i cant even see myself doing 2 hrs of gym on weekdays, on the weekends its possible.

my question is what are some effective ways to workout for a shorter amount of time but still get significant work done.

thanks


share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

12 comments for "tips on working smarter and shorter, and not harder and longer"


 12-11-2012, 10:22 PMonline - #2
Kewop Decam 28 heat pts28

  d 
space
$4,219 | POWERFUL
Two hours in the gym is crazy long. I'm in the gym for like an hour and 15 minutes of that is warm up and cool down. Do you work out that slow or are you just crazy?
 12-12-2012, 04:09 AMaway - #3
ThaLockerRoom 26 heat pts26

  d 
space
$1,151 | 20618316
personally i've almost completely cut out the gym and the weights by doing more bodyweight/calisthenics exercises. On a light day i can go to the park and knockout 200 reps in an hour. I have strength now that i couldn't get from weights, bars got my forearms so strong anything i clinch is not getting away from me
 12-12-2012, 06:48 AMaway - #4
Southwick 

  d 
space
$1,673 | 13448557
Originally Posted by ThaLockerRoom
personally i've almost completely cut out the gym and the weights by doing more bodyweight/calisthenics exercises. On a light day i can go to the park and knockout 200 reps in an hour. I have strength now that i couldn't get from weights, bars got my forearms so strong anything i clinch is not getting away from me
What workouts do you do? I'm starting to hate the gym. Waiting for people to get done, etc.
 12-12-2012, 08:59 AMaway - #5
pnoi89 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$6,981 | POWERFUL
For my cardio, I just do some sprints or a pickup basketball game or three going all out.

Weight lifting, I stick with the major compound lifts (bench, squat, deadlift only) and power cleans to make the most of my time.
 12-12-2012, 11:41 AMaway - #6
Braz 80 heat pts80

  d 
space
$15,346 | POWERFUL
I always just do supersets to speed up my workouts and have a short intense cardio session as opposed to a long drawn out cardio session after I lift. Do my 3 mile run w/ speed intervals and finish around 22-23 mins. It's rare that I'm at the gym for 2 hrs or more unless I hit the sauna
 12-12-2012, 01:17 PMaway - #7
Chaos 372 heat pts372

  d 
space
$13,248 | POWERFUL
High intensity training.

I've been doing it since September, and I've gained more muscle than I've ever had. I feel pretty strong, too. I went on a six month lifting regimen last year, and although I liked the results, HIT has given me everything I need and want. You won't be ridiculously sore as you would be from just continuous lifting. It can be done in an hour (or less if you're aiming to save as much time as possible). I time myself on every workout. Usually guys will take their time in between sets. I on the other hand, not so much.

You gotta eat well too. You'll see results in no time.
 12-13-2012, 05:10 AMaway - #8
ThaLockerRoom 26 heat pts26

  d 
space
$1,151 | 20618316
Originally Posted by Southwick
What workouts do you do? I'm starting to hate the gym. Waiting for people to get done, etc.
on the bars @ the park i do dips,bar push ups, pull ups ,chin ups and different variations of pullups that get your core and legs involved. @ home I do alot of different core exercises and push ups, and whenever im bored i will go 2 my weight room and throw weights around as a SUPPLEMENT to my REAL workouts. Its 2 hard for a lot of people, but the results are much greater than wasting your time throwing around a bunch of weights, .

Go out on ur first day and do 100 pull ups of any variation(s) you want, even if you have to do 2-3 @ a time and rest. Its hard work but it pays off TREMENDOUSLY
 12-13-2012, 05:18 AMaway - #9
jsmooth-117 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$7,809 | POWERFUL
Pause at the title
 12-13-2012, 05:52 AMaway - #10
Southwick 

  d 
space
$1,673 | 13448557
Originally Posted by ThaLockerRoom
on the bars @ the park i do dips,bar push ups, pull ups ,chin ups and different variations of pullups that get your core and legs involved. @ home I do alot of different core exercises and push ups, and whenever im bored i will go 2 my weight room and throw weights around as a SUPPLEMENT to my REAL workouts. Its 2 hard for a lot of people, but the results are much greater than wasting your time throwing around a bunch of weights, .

Go out on ur first day and do 100 pull ups of any variation(s) you want, even if you have to do 2-3 @ a time and rest. Its hard work but it pays off TREMENDOUSLY
Thanks. I'm pretty strong already. About 2 weeks ago was my first time bench pressing ever. I got 175 five times. Could've did more reps and could have probably added about 40 more pounds. Need to research some body weight workouts.
 12-13-2012, 06:55 AMaway - #11
ThaLockerRoom 26 heat pts26

  d 
space
$1,151 | 20618316
Originally Posted by Southwick
Thanks. I'm pretty strong already. About 2 weeks ago was my first time bench pressing ever. I got 175 five times. Could've did more reps and could have probably added about 40 more pounds. Need to research some body weight workouts.
cool, however i wouldn't judge strength by weightlifting because i have a friend who can throw up 225 10x easy but can't do one pull up. See how many pullups you can do til failure with perfect form and you'll have a more accurate measurement for your full body strength and not just how strong you are @ doing one specific movement like bench press.
 12-13-2012, 11:18 AMaway - #12
deziking 28 heat pts28

  d 
space
$13,337 | POWERFUL
What are yalls apetite like???? I weight 210lb 6'1 I want to keep that weight but build more muscle?????
 12-13-2012, 03:49 PMaway - #13
Southwick 

  d 
space
$1,673 | 13448557
Originally Posted by ThaLockerRoom
cool, however i wouldn't judge strength by weightlifting because i have a friend who can throw up 225 10x easy but can't do one pull up. See how many pullups you can do til failure with perfect form and you'll have a more accurate measurement for your full body strength and not just how strong you are @ doing one specific movement like bench press.
Dig. Thanks!
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Xbox One surpassed 5 million sold
121 comments
March NPD: PS4 tops hardware, Titanfall tops software.
110 comments
OT What 30 for 30s Do You Want To See Next?
128 comments
 Image(s) inside 50 Cent Calls Puff Daddy's "big Homie" Recor...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 71 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Troy Ave Doesn’t Like Nas: Calls Him A Swagerles...
New reply 19 minutes ago - 95 comments - by A.Dot789
  "i Didn't Speak To Jay For 2 Weeks After Ether&qu...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 152 comments - by YungPrinceNY
 Image(s) inside Doctors Unable To Re-attach Severed Pen1s Of Wu-tang C...
New reply 28 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Video inside Is This The Most Underrated Chappelle Show Sketch?
New reply 10 minutes ago - 69 comments - by Unattached
 Video inside Diamond At The Breakfast Club: Gucci Mane Slapped Lil ...
New reply 39 minutes ago - 71 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Image(s) inside Rocsi Diaz Blasts August Alsina For Shutting Down ’106...
New reply 18 minutes ago - 115 comments - by Carlton Black
 Image(s) inside Chris Brown Mug Shot
New reply 49 minutes ago - 53 comments - by ogballer32

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,701 fans of BX and 2 new today 4,653 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.