This is BX @ Boxden.com

tips on working smarter and shorter, and not harder and longer

tips on working smarter and shorter, and not harder and longer
topic by stanis3k - 12-11-2012, 09:09 PM - Boxden > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

so time has become a very expensive luxury as of late, i seem to have less of it each and every day, i used to do about 2hrs in they gym (1 hr treadmill, the other hr weight training). now i cant even see myself doing 2 hrs of gym on weekdays, on the weekends its possible.

my question is what are some effective ways to workout for a shorter amount of time but still get significant work done.

thanks

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

12 comments for "tips on working smarter and shorter, and not harder and longer"

12-11-2012, 10:22 PMonline - #2
Kewop Decam 39 heat pts39

d 
space
$5,584 | POWERFUL
Two hours in the gym is crazy long. I'm in the gym for like an hour and 15 minutes of that is warm up and cool down. Do you work out that slow or are you just crazy?
 12-12-2012, 04:09 AMaway - #3
ThaLockerRoom 26 heat pts26

d 
space
$1,187 | POWERFUL
personally i've almost completely cut out the gym and the weights by doing more bodyweight/calisthenics exercises. On a light day i can go to the park and knockout 200 reps in an hour. I have strength now that i couldn't get from weights, bars got my forearms so strong anything i clinch is not getting away from me
 12-12-2012, 06:48 AMaway - #4
Southwick 

d 
space
$1,807 | 14742687
Originally Posted by ThaLockerRoom
personally i've almost completely cut out the gym and the weights by doing more bodyweight/calisthenics exercises. On a light day i can go to the park and knockout 200 reps in an hour. I have strength now that i couldn't get from weights, bars got my forearms so strong anything i clinch is not getting away from me
What workouts do you do? I'm starting to hate the gym. Waiting for people to get done, etc.
 12-12-2012, 08:59 AMonline - #5
pnoi89 3 heat pts

d 
space
$7,426 | POWERFUL
For my cardio, I just do some sprints or a pickup basketball game or three going all out.

Weight lifting, I stick with the major compound lifts (bench, squat, deadlift only) and power cleans to make the most of my time.
 12-12-2012, 11:41 AMaway - #6
Braz 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$15,346 | POWERFUL
I always just do supersets to speed up my workouts and have a short intense cardio session as opposed to a long drawn out cardio session after I lift. Do my 3 mile run w/ speed intervals and finish around 22-23 mins. It's rare that I'm at the gym for 2 hrs or more unless I hit the sauna
 12-12-2012, 01:17 PMonline - #7
Machiavelli 394 heat pts394

d 
space
$14,383 | POWERFUL
High intensity training.

I've been doing it since September, and I've gained more muscle than I've ever had. I feel pretty strong, too. I went on a six month lifting regimen last year, and although I liked the results, HIT has given me everything I need and want. You won't be ridiculously sore as you would be from just continuous lifting. It can be done in an hour (or less if you're aiming to save as much time as possible). I time myself on every workout. Usually guys will take their time in between sets. I on the other hand, not so much.

You gotta eat well too. You'll see results in no time.
 12-13-2012, 05:10 AMaway - #8

d 
space
$1,187 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Southwick
What workouts do you do? I'm starting to hate the gym. Waiting for people to get done, etc.
on the bars @ the park i do dips,bar push ups, pull ups ,chin ups and different variations of pullups that get your core and legs involved. @ home I do alot of different core exercises and push ups, and whenever im bored i will go 2 my weight room and throw weights around as a SUPPLEMENT to my REAL workouts. Its 2 hard for a lot of people, but the results are much greater than wasting your time throwing around a bunch of weights, .

Go out on ur first day and do 100 pull ups of any variation(s) you want, even if you have to do 2-3 @ a time and rest. Its hard work but it pays off TREMENDOUSLY
 12-13-2012, 05:18 AMaway - #9
jsmooth-117 6 heat pts

d 
space
$8,153 | POWERFUL
Pause at the title
 12-13-2012, 05:52 AMaway - #10
Southwick 

d 
space
$1,807 | 14742687
on the bars @ the park i do dips,bar push ups, pull ups ,chin ups and different variations of pullups that get your core and legs involved. @ home I do alot of different core exercises and push ups, and whenever im bored i will go 2 my weight room and throw weights around as a SUPPLEMENT to my REAL workouts. Its 2 hard for a lot of people, but the results are much greater than wasting your time throwing around a bunch of weights, .

Go out on ur first day and do 100 pull ups of any variation(s) you want, even if you have to do 2-3 @ a time and rest. Its hard work but it pays off TREMENDOUSLY
Thanks. I'm pretty strong already. About 2 weeks ago was my first time bench pressing ever. I got 175 five times. Could've did more reps and could have probably added about 40 more pounds. Need to research some body weight workouts.
 12-13-2012, 06:55 AMaway - #11

d 
space
$1,187 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Southwick
Thanks. I'm pretty strong already. About 2 weeks ago was my first time bench pressing ever. I got 175 five times. Could've did more reps and could have probably added about 40 more pounds. Need to research some body weight workouts.
cool, however i wouldn't judge strength by weightlifting because i have a friend who can throw up 225 10x easy but can't do one pull up. See how many pullups you can do til failure with perfect form and you'll have a more accurate measurement for your full body strength and not just how strong you are @ doing one specific movement like bench press.
 12-13-2012, 11:18 AMaway - #12
deziking 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$13,995 | POWERFUL
What are yalls apetite like???? I weight 210lb 6'1 I want to keep that weight but build more muscle?????
 12-13-2012, 03:49 PMaway - #13
Southwick 

d 
space
$1,807 | 14742687
cool, however i wouldn't judge strength by weightlifting because i have a friend who can throw up 225 10x easy but can't do one pull up. See how many pullups you can do til failure with perfect form and you'll have a more accurate measurement for your full body strength and not just how strong you are @ doing one specific movement like bench press.
Dig. Thanks!

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
GTA V For PC ‘Cancelled’?
76 comments
NBA Why 1-3-1 defense has been removed from NBA 2K15
62 comments
NFL Aldon Smith suspended 9 games by NFL
53 comments
  Bobby Shmurda Knocked For Gun Possession & Can Be ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 104 comments - by J Money 95
 audio inside Game - Don't Shoot (feat. Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, Diddy, ...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 140 comments - by A.Dot789
  The Sopranos Ending 7 Years Later
New reply 6 minutes ago - 60 comments - by Dunknown24
 Image(s) inside Chingy Says Isis Is A Made Up Terrorist Group Created ...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 95 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Video inside Dame Dash Answers - "do You Owe Beanie Sigel Mone...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 54 comments - by Dollaz
 Image(s) inside Aug 28 - Graphic: Isis On A New Level Of Low
New reply 16 minutes ago - 83 comments - by Icon709
 Image(s) inside Childish Gambino - Stn Mtn | Kauai (cover/poster)[gang...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 61 comments - by justinjones
 BOX Floyd Mayweather Sr: "the Mayweater-pacquiao Figh...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 106 comments - by Ladklap

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.