This is BX @ Boxden.com

**The Official BX GYM Supplement Information Database**

**The Official BX GYM Supplement Information Database**
topic by TheMagicMan - 12-10-2009, 09:52 AM - Boxden > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Mods will keep all of the threads that we think have good information on Bodybuilding and Weight Loss Supplements in this thread so they are easier to find. Please feel free to post up any medical journal articles or websites that have good information on supplementation.

Keep your post to links and threads ONLY. All off topic discussion will be deleted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated - 12/10/09

General Information
Pogue's Blog: Sports Supplements Guide for Beginners - A good basic review of possible supplementation
Bodybuilding.com - Huge Supplements Article Database! - Bodybuilding.com's Supplementation Article Database

Protein Supplements
Protein Supplement Guide - Whey Protein, Casein Protein, Soy Protein & More! - Guide to All Types of Protein Supplementation
High Protein Diets and Sports Performance - About.com's Sports Supplementation Article on High Protein Diets

Multivitamins
Best Multi-vitamin? - BX's Multi-Vitamin discussion

Creatine
Creatine Information Center - A good place to find current news and articles on Creatine
Creatine Supplements - Safest & Most Effective Creatine - Another good place to find articles on creatine
Creatine - MayoClinic.com - Mayo Clinic's article on Creatine

Essential Fatty Acids

Fat Loss Supplements

Specific Amino Acids

Other

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

13 comments for "**The Official BX GYM Supplement Information Database**"

12-30-2009, 09:39 PMaway - #2
Lucifer|M 

d 
space
$10,825 | POWERFUL
Whey Protein Facts
Posted on Nov 08, 2009 under General | No Comment

You may have heard that whey protein is the best form of protein available to us. Well, you’ve heard right. Whey protein is a super source of protein for athletes, bodybuilders, those looking to lose weight, and people with a whole array of medical conditions.

Today I’m going to list some of the whey protein facts. Facts that make whey protein the best source of protein. The fact is that whey protein is a superfood and almost anyone can benefit from consuming it. Here’s the facts about whey protein…
Whey Protein Facts:
  • 1. Whey protein is the best source of amino acids available. It has a complete amino acid profile, no other protein source contains this. Amino acids are not only vital for many body functions, they are the building blocks of protein and are essential to muscle growth and recovery. Without adequate amino acids in the diet performance and muscle growth will be hampered.
  • 2. Whey protein is absorbed faster than any other protein source. This makes it ideal for drinking after workouts, and first thing in the morning when the body needs nutrients and aminos as quick as possible.
  • 3. Whey protein is actually a by product of cheese. It’s what’s left over in the cheese making process. In the old times, whey protein used to be thrown away, being dumped in rivers close to the cheese factories.
  • 4. Whey protein isolate (the most purest form of protein) contains the highest biological value of any protein source. Biological value (BV) is a measure of how quickly and efficiently the body can use a protein source. The higher the better. Eggs have a BV of around 100, whey protein isolate can be up to 150!
  • 5. Whey protein can help with type II diabetes. For people with type 2 diabetes, adding whey to high-carbohydrate meals stimulates insulin release and reduces spikes in blood glucose levels after meals.
  • 6. Whey protein can help you lose weight! Protein takes more energy for the body to process than carbs and fats. This means more calories are need to process it, and more calories are burned. This leads to a faster metabolism and faster weight loss.
  • 7. Good whey protein supplements are also high in Glutamine. Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body, and is responsible for muscle repair and regrowth as well as being the primary fuel for the immune system.
  • 8. Some studies have shown that whey protein can help increase memory power in stressful situations.
  • 9. Whey protein supplements are also sold as “tasteless”. These tasteless forms of whey protein can be mixed with just about any recipe to add extra protein without effecting taste.
  • 10. Whey protein isolate is practically fat free. It’s also lactose free. Whey protein isolate is filtered and can be almost 95% pure protein!
  • 11. Whey protein is now the most common ingredient in weight loss drinks, meal replacements and products.

Do you know any other facts about whey that I’ve missed? Leave them in the comment below! Enjoy your whey!
 01-03-2010, 01:23 AMaway - #3
blackbolo 3 heat pts

d 
space
$808 | 2014647
props I was looking for some info trying to lose like 60pnds than k you
 09-16-2010, 06:28 AMaway - #4
Infamous_01 

d 
space
$713 | 0
Whey protein is like the mcdonalds of protein powders.
 04-03-2011, 07:37 AMonline - #5
Qbert 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$2,734 | 15483317
^^I heard it's great.
 04-03-2011, 01:48 PMaway - #6
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts

d 
space
$10,398 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Infamous_01
Whey protein is like the mcdonalds of protein powders.
Good too know. McDonalds is one of the garbage foods I would like to consume, so I'll go with the alternative in whey protein powders.
 06-29-2011, 12:20 PMaway - #7
J RoC 3400 

d 
space
$53 | 191
 08-02-2011, 11:44 AMaway - #8
celebritybwoy2g 

d 
space
$510 | 2204152
The Body needs a metabolic balance. My products help the body achieve this balance with bioactives. Check Out my site to find out more info about our FIT Body Composition System at
 12-07-2011, 01:08 AMonline - #9
420Heat 2 heat pts

d 
space
$4,856 | 12636426
Whey is vid
 07-30-2012, 03:36 AMaway - #10
zaney 

d 
space
$562 | 4387808
Has anyone tried or heard of Herbalife? From what I hear its a must have but thats just advertisement..
 07-30-2012, 05:12 AMaway - #11
Braz 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$15,346 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by zaney
Has anyone tried or heard of Herbalife? From what I hear its a must have but thats just advertisement..
One of my boys work for herbalife, always tryin to sell me green tea supplements n #### lmao
 09-30-2012, 09:03 PMaway - #12
Cheeze 484 heat pts484

d 
space
$30,615 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by zaney
They push that stuff hard

Almost worked for them but moved. It's not bad but I'm sure there's better stuff elsewhere.
 04-04-2014, 12:09 PMaway - #13
40deuce42 

d 
space
$154 | 1369298
Nugenix??

Has anyone messed with this booster??? If so, what's your opinion on it??
 05-27-2014, 10:12 AMaway - #14
anynameado 

d 
space
$3,616 | 2380002
I need help finding a product.

Can anyone plz tell me what product has zma l arginine tongkat ali ginseng dhea tribulas and b6

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA Former NBA Player Rex Chapman Arrested For Stealing From..
56 comments
NCAAF CFB Week 4 Thread
348 comments
Article inside  Keyshia Cole BEAT UP girl in BIRDMAN's Condo
56 comments
  Unconfirmed Theories/opinions/rumors In Hip Hop You Pe...
New reply 1 minute ago - 83 comments - by True Sinister
 Video inside This Woman Takes A Photo Of Herself Every Day For 1 Ye...
New reply 57 minutes ago - 107 comments - by mrfreak76
  Kanye Lost: Kim K Nud3s Leaked On Twitter
New reply 19 minutes ago - 144 comments - by HeatMafia410
 Image(s) inside Sep 19 - Watch California Dry Up Right Before Your Eye...
New reply 1 hour ago - 62 comments - by cheenz
 Image(s) inside Sep 19 - Texas Wants To Execute Man Who Killed Home In...
New reply 47 minutes ago - 60 comments - by cheenz
 Image(s) inside Chiwire: Mubu Out Here Tellin
New reply 1 hour ago - 73 comments - by NoLastName
  Rappers That You Used To Bump Heavy But Then Completel...
New reply 47 minutes ago - 304 comments - by Slickems
 Video inside Daylyt Smokes His First Blunt Ever With Snoop And Murd...
New reply 1 hour ago - 80 comments - by Star

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.