b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

starting intermittent fasting tommorow

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 starting intermittent fasting tommorow
topic by killya - 01-20-2013, 01:39 PM

any tips and advice would be appreciated. I suffer from mild anxiety but I drink chamomile tea to calm me down and it really helps. I am good at occupying time during the fasting period and I can stay busy. Should I be aight? Ill be eating around 2,000 calories a day. I heard some people go crazy during it...shouild I still aim to lose a pound a week?

85 comments for "starting intermittent fasting tommorow"

01-20-2013, 02:52 PMaway - #2
SpyDa 154 heat pts154

d 
space
$9,717 | POWERFUL
TMW put me on that intermittent fasting an that #### works. i lost more than a pound a week. maybe 4 pounds a week.

01-20-2013, 03:09 PMaway - #3
Reece 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$5,325 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by SpyDa
TMW put me on that intermittent fasting an that #### works. i lost more than a pound a week. maybe 4 pounds a week.

This is who I learned it from too..

I still have a few questions but I don't plan on starting until like April.
 01-20-2013, 03:20 PMaway - #4
Rhyme n Tekniq 1 heat pts

d 
space
$4,553 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by BoiWonda
This is who I learned it from too..

I still have a few questions but I don't plan on starting until like April.
I been doing it for a while now

did three 24 hour fast back to back. The morning after my first 24 hour fast i had lost 5lbs off my total weight. dont get too excited as the first initial pounds are mostly water but once it picks ups you WILL see great results. Trust me. Macronutrients arent so important right now, just eat at a caloric deficit and keep fasting, patience is the biggest test on IF just wait it out and stay persistent and he results are coming
 01-20-2013, 04:02 PMaway - #5
Andre3stacks 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$15,145 | POWERFUL
been doing it since this past wednesday. If your really on your calories and keep track of what you eat you should be good. I was good till this morning I had a crazy hunger pain. I just started drinking green tea 2 days ago. Believe me that makes a big a$s difference. Im not a cofee guy and plus it can mess up your teeth so I think Green Tea is the best appetite stopper. I drink it when I wake up and sleep. I dont excercise fasted so I don worry to much about bcaas or protein powder. Tho I have some that I will use.
 01-20-2013, 05:07 PMaway - #6
killya 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$3,952 | 19814040
hows your guys energy levels? Does it make any of you feel stressed out or ready to snap or are you just pretty normal?
 01-20-2013, 08:43 PMaway - #7
Nautilus O 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$7,214 | POWERFUL
Thinking bout starting this next month, 6 am workouts before going to work with my feed period from 11am to 7pm. I take BCAA's intra workout, and I've heard this doesn't break the fast. So I'ma give it a shot.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
 01-20-2013, 08:59 PMaway - #8
ImSoBroke 

d 
space
$1,007 | 1336489
Been doing it since december and went from 220lbs to 196 today trying to get to like 175 by april. Not everybody can handle the fast but if it works for u then enjoy it just make sure to hit your macros
 01-20-2013, 09:06 PMaway - #9
killya 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$3,952 | 19814040
Originally Posted by ImSoBroke
Been doing it since december and went from 220lbs to 196 today trying to get to like 175 by april. Not everybody can handle the fast but if it works for u then enjoy it just make sure to hit your macros
when you say alot of people cant handle it what do you mean?
 01-20-2013, 09:16 PMonline - #10
Trill Livin 47 heat pts47

d 
space
$11,699 | POWERFUL
started last week lost 6 pounds
 01-21-2013, 12:04 AMaway - #11
PrisonRules 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$16,266 | POWERFUL
ive done this before cant rmbr if it worked or not. i also did a regular no eating fast for 4 days.

i think the best way is too just watch what you eat and work out tho.
 01-21-2013, 12:41 AMaway - #12
Optimus Crime 3 heat pts

d 
space
$5,302 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by killya
I dunno.. but Hodgetwins are right... All you're basically doing is skipping breakfast lol... I lost 5lbs the first week (Shooting for about 1-2 pounds a week but no matter what I seem to dip pretty heavily... Even eating like a king). I have struggles eating breakfast anyway (because of school) so it works pretty easily for me
 01-21-2013, 02:15 AMaway - #13
jpw_15 

d 
space
$72 | 124403
Ive been doing it since new yrs .. sorta messed up the last couple of days but otherwise ive been str8 since i started and ive gotten some good results. i had hunger pains in the first few days but that was it. i use MyFitnessPal to track all my meals and macros.
 01-21-2013, 11:01 AMaway - #14
lboog1423 206 heat pts206

d 
space
$19,718 | POWERFUL
prolly talking about not eating for such a long period of time. Just gotta find what best fits your schedule
 01-21-2013, 12:04 PMaway - #15
KingK 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$12,903 | POWERFUL
hows your guys energy levels? Does it make any of you feel stressed out or ready to snap or are you just pretty normal?
Started like maybe 2 weeks ago..I feel great man, I get up early go to the gym 4 days out the week work out on an empty stomach, come home and do my work around the house and don't usually get my first meal in for about 1 1/2 2 hours after I finished working out. I usually have a 4-6 hour eating window since I've never been a heavy eater anyway and it work perfect for me.
 01-21-2013, 02:28 PMaway - #16
ImSoBroke 

d 
space
$1,007 | 1336489
The hunger pains and shyt. A lot of it is mental with some people acting all weak after a few hours and so on and then some people tend to over eat when they start the fast
 01-21-2013, 05:04 PMaway - #17
Rhyme n Tekniq 1 heat pts

d 
space
$4,553 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ImSoBroke
The hunger pains and shyt. A lot of it is mental with some people acting all weak after a few hours and so on and then some people tend to over eat when they start the fast
this was me in the beginning.

you start justifying and looking for reasons to give in to urges.

my first few days i went from 244, 237, then 235. keep in mind I wore the exact same gym clothes everyday

another story i want to share is that I was unknowingly doing intermitten fasting back in 2009 when i had first started a new job. I had no disposable income to eat during lunch breaks, just enough to get to and from work until my first paycheck. I had no choice but to eat only during the evening when i got home after intense manual labor outside . My family was shocked to see how the weight was falling off of me. My face was getting a bit flushed my neck and forearms were getting more vascular and i had superb energy despite working from 8 to 5 with nothing to eat. And when I did eat it was mostly whatever was cooking or leftover like pot roast, beef and noodles and i would slam down a couple large cups of some fake kool-aid drink mix. I didnt think anything of it and as soon i got my first check I it was back to eating #### all day and spiking my insulin levels from sun up to sun down. I though it was the pysical work alone responsible for the weight loss, but the one factor that changed when i gained all my fat back was that i was eating #### like pizzas and 32 oz smoothies all day despite doing the same physical labor.

so im back at square one and now looking back i see why i lost the weight

SMH at believing that if i didnt give in to my psychological cravings every time i felt what i percieved as "hunger" was gonna starve to de@th despit i was prolly at my healthiest and leanest when i was surviving off whatever was left in the fridge and only eating in the evening.

Last edited by Rhyme n Tekniq; 01-21-2013 at 05:06 PM..
 01-21-2013, 11:41 PMaway - #18
killya 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$3,952 | 19814040
GOD DAMN THE FIRST DAY ####ING SUCKS. I CANT EAT TILL 1 IN THE AFTERNOON. IM STARVING AND ITS ONLY BEEN ####ING 4 HOURS. ABOUT TO GO TO SLEEP TO TRY AND SURVIVE THIS ####.
 01-21-2013, 11:42 PMaway - #19
killya 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$3,952 | 19814040
####KKKKKKKI WANT SOME CHEESE ZITS

FIRST DAY HAS GOT TO BE THE WORSE
 01-22-2013, 12:19 AMaway - #20
KingK 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$12,903 | POWERFUL
Don't sit up thinking about the food you want Drink a big a$s glass of cold water and do some type of physical activity or something. Hit some push ups or sit ups and chill....

So, "The Interview" will get a VOD/DVD release, right?? Um......
85 comments
NFL NFL twitter: 8 suitors for Jay Cutler but...
81 comments
NBA LeBron Getting Real Spicy After The Blowout Lost To The ..
68 comments
  Sony Leak: Denzel Washington Should Not Be Given Lead ...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 120 comments - by Dead Masons
 Image(s) inside Man Spends $200,000 On Surgery To Look Like Kim Kardas...
New reply 32 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Ole-G
 audio inside Waka Flocka Flame Snatches J. Cole’s Beat & Steps ...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 65 comments - by CrunchTime CDN
  Meek Mill Comments On Bobby Shmurda's Arrest
New reply 41 minutes ago - 158 comments - by A.Dot789
 Image(s) inside Instagram Exposes Mase For Buying Fake Followers
New reply 14 minutes ago - 100 comments - by Frankybaby
 NFL Bears Bench Cutler; Jimmy Clausen To Start Next Game
New reply 41 minutes ago - 235 comments - by eliwood
  Dec 17 - 14 Year Old Black Boy Executed For Murder, Cl...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 108 comments - by Roo 50
 Image(s) inside Bobby Shmurda Arrested In New York;caught W/ Multiple ...
New reply 46 minutes ago - 540 comments - by Carlton Black

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,900 fans of BX | none new today 4,848 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.