b o x d e n     |     hiphop     sports     wild'ish     games     movies     news     eyecandy     tech     gear     rides  
trending now     hot topics today     all sections     videos     pics     tracks     headlines  

Sprinting

Sprinting
topic by AriGold - 04-25-2013, 10:05 AM - Boxden > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

If you really want to burn the fat fast....SPRINT.

You can sprint every other night or if your body allows..every night.

You burn so much more fat from sprinting than jogging it's not even close.

I been sprinting for 45 days now with no other workouts at all and I've lost almost 20 pounds.

Of course you have to eat right but sprinting is the only exercise that burns fat AND builds muscle at the same time.

Notice how long distance runners look like crackheads and sprinters are cut up and chiseled?

Surprised more people don't do it.

> Sprinting - Photo posted in The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition | Sign in and leave a comment below!> Sprinting - Photo posted in The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition | Sign in and leave a comment below!> Sprinting - Photo posted in The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition | Sign in and leave a comment below!

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

45 comments for "Sprinting"

04-25-2013, 10:41 AMaway - #2
JordanWest86 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$1,729 | 10720695
How far you sprinting and how many intervals and how much break in between? One thing people don't realize is the calories being burnt after the run from your body recovering. Sprinting and jogging, but theres no question the calories being burnt on a sprint is more efficient. Good post
 04-25-2013, 12:00 PMaway - #3
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$4,894 | POWERFUL
I really need to add this to my workout regimen. Im sure it would add inches to my vert...
 04-25-2013, 12:07 PMaway - #4
AriGold 153 heat pts153

d 
space
$3,032 | POWERFUL
Sorry fellas, I didn't explain the workout.

Hit your local track...
Make sure you jog 1 lap before sprinting or you will pull something for sure.

Sprint the straight part of the track, then walk the curve.
Do a total of 8 straight sprints - so you sprint, walk the curve, sprint, walk the curve and repeat until you've completed 8 sprints.

Then I jump rope for 5 minutes and go home.

MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW A PROPER DIET THO.

Dieting is more important than any exercise.
 04-25-2013, 01:15 PMaway - #5
AriGold 153 heat pts153

d 
space
$3,032 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by tonystarks21
yep thats what I thought sounds like a very effective cardio session which you will get the after burn of the calories after your done your workouts
Yes sir. They say the after burn by itself burns more calories than jogging.

Nobody is sprinting..which means....YOU SHOULD BE SPRINTING.
 04-25-2013, 01:47 PMaway - #6
PsychoCyber 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$5,446 | POWERFUL
i suggest some of you try HIIT cardio
 04-25-2013, 01:54 PMaway - #7
JordanWest86 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$1,729 | 10720695
Originally Posted by AriGold
Sorry fellas, I didn't explain the workout.

Hit your local track...
Make sure you jog 1 lap before sprinting or you will pull something for sure.

Sprint the straight part of the track, then walk the curve.
Do a total of 8 straight sprints - so you sprint, walk the curve, sprint, walk the curve and repeat until you've completed 8 sprints.

Then I jump rope for 5 minutes and go home.

MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW A PROPER DIET THO.

Dieting is more important than any exercise.
Damn thats a k!ller workout, thats what it takes tho. No way I could make it if I run sprints 100%. I'm gonna need a full lap to recover lol. I'm in terrible shape but u gotta start somewhere
 04-25-2013, 06:12 PMaway - #8
AriGold 153 heat pts153

d 
space
$3,032 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PsychoCyber
i suggest some of you try HIIT cardio

That's exactly what sprinting is.

HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is what majority of the celebs use to get in shape for movies.

NO OTHER EXERCISE BURNS FAT AND BUILDS MUSCLE AT THE SAME TIME.

Sprinting does!

You don't even have to do any crunches to get a 6 pack when you sprint. Sprinting works your abs more than any ab exercise and most importantly it works the side of your abs (i forget what it's called) which crunches don't.
 04-25-2013, 08:15 PMaway - #9
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$4,894 | POWERFUL
obliques bruh bruh...
 04-25-2013, 10:52 PMaway - #10
strahan2004 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$4,463 | POWERFUL
Been doing this at boxing, and i lost almost 11 pounds...wich is crazy knowing i was already slim !

We don't do each and every exercices shown in this video, and rythm may vary, but you get the idea...
 04-25-2013, 10:53 PMaway - #11
strahan2004 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$4,463 | POWERFUL
Been doing this at boxing, and i lost almost 11 pounds...wich is crazy knowing i was already slim !

We don't do each and every exercices shown in this video, and rythm isn't the same, it's more about 100 each then 1-2mns walking but you get the idea...
 04-26-2013, 08:19 AMonline - #12
lboog1423 204 heat pts204

d 
space
$19,371 | POWERFUL
i know when i do sprints i either do 110's or what u call gassers

I have a local track/football field up the street from my crib so i use that.

for 110's you start on the goaline and sprint to the back of the opposite endzone rest for 30-45 seconds then repeat. i do this from anywhere from 15-20 reps, each time trying to make it to the opposite endzone under a certain amount of time. This number depend on you, i usually do 16-17 seconds

Gassers are just like $uicide runs except you run from one sideline to the other. Again trying to run each one under a certain amount of time

Last edited by lboog1423; 04-26-2013 at 08:22 AM..
 04-26-2013, 03:34 PMaway - #13
ogballer32 222 heat pts222

d 
space
$3,473 | POWERFUL
My track coach used to say, "u never see fat people sprinting, but you always see fat people walking/jogging"
 04-26-2013, 05:47 PMaway - #14
ceo 

d 
space
$11,957 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by lboog1423
i know when i do sprints i either do 110's or what u call gassers

I have a local track/football field up the street from my crib so i use that.

for 110's you start on the goaline and sprint to the back of the opposite endzone rest for 30-45 seconds then repeat. i do this from anywhere from 15-20 reps, each time trying to make it to the opposite endzone under a certain amount of time. This number depend on you, i usually do 16-17 seconds

Gassers are just like $uicide runs except you run from one sideline to the other. Again trying to run each one under a certain amount of time
we called gassers '17s' where you run from sideline to sideline 17X ...pretty much the same thing
 04-26-2013, 08:01 PMaway - #15
dirty1rob 

d 
space
$205 | 704534
I sprint myself on the treadmill...I will run at a steady pace for half a mile then hit the speed up to a sprint for about 10secs then lower it back down to a jog for about 30secs then repeat til I hit a mile
 04-27-2013, 09:34 AMaway - #16
AriGold 153 heat pts153

d 
space
$3,032 | POWERFUL
When I found out that Sprinting is better for a 6 pack than any other exercise I got mad at myself for not doing it earlier smh
 04-27-2013, 12:31 PMaway - #17
KingK 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$12,855 | POWERFUL
I'm at the point where I need to mix up my cardio a little bit. Think ill throw some sprinting in there and see how it works out.
 04-28-2013, 03:47 PMaway - #18
Tha Problum 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$18,211 | POWERFUL
Of course sprints is better than slower jogging. But at the end of the day it all depends on how long the person jogs, and how fast. A ni##a sprinting for 15 minutes isn't gonna burn the same calories as a ni##a jogging 4x 5x 6x miles. It's always best to mix it up and work them both in together, at least in my experience. Me personally, I use the steps for about 20-30 minutes, then jog a couple miles, and then sprint it out til I'm done and go home. If I'm inside on the treadmill, run 3-4 miles and sprint a few times for .15 or a little more then turn it back down to jogging speed.
 04-28-2013, 04:07 PMaway - #19
WHAT_THE_ 

d 
space
$1,082 | 8007238
Originally Posted by Tha Problum
Of course sprints is better than slower jogging. But at the end of the day it all depends on how long the person jogs, and how fast. A ni##a sprinting for 15 minutes isn't gonna burn the same calories as a ni##a jogging 4x 5x 6x miles. It's always best to mix it up and work them both in together, at least in my experience. Me personally, I use the steps for about 20-30 minutes, then jog a couple miles, and then sprint it out til I'm done and go home. If I'm inside on the treadmill, run 3-4 miles and sprint a few times for .15 or a little more then turn it back down to jogging speed.
1. Who can truly sprint for 15 minutes? Even if you are walking the curves as the OP does, If you can do it for 15 minutes, you aren't sprinting.

2. The research shows you can get the same cardiovascular adaptations from intense sprints as you would from jogging for miles. So the question becomes, why jog then? Not sure about you but I've got stuff to do.

3. What about the pounding your body takes from all of those ground strikes? Especially on concrete where most people choose to run. My back, knees, and hips are already cringing. That being said, it does create business for me as I specialize is fixing that the crap that people do to themselves from running. Lower back pain, patellar pain, Achilles and heel cord issues, plantar fasciitis, etc.

4. Jogging for distance creates not EPOC, nor lean muscle tissue. In fact, it makes it that much harder to gain lean tissue.

5. Personal opinion, but sprinting is just flat out more enjoyable and/or engaging. There is actually a point to it - to go as fast as possible. Not plodding along like a gerbil on a hamster wheel.
 04-28-2013, 05:19 PMaway - #20
Tha Problum 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$18,211 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by WHAT_THE_
1. Who can truly sprint for 15 minutes? Even if you are walking the curves as the OP does, If you can do it for 15 minutes, you aren't sprinting.

Obviously not sprinting for a full out 15 minutes. I mean stop and go's sir.
2. The research shows you can get the same cardiovascular adaptations from intense sprints as you would from jogging for miles. So the question becomes, why jog then? Not sure about you but I've got stuff to do.

It goes both ways, as I said it depends on how long, and how fast your doing either. If I jog half a mile in a few minutes and your sprinting for for a few minutes, obviously your going to burn more. That's fine if you have stuff to do, but I like to mix in both for my work outs you can burn out a lot more quickly purely sprinting thus having a more ineffective workout.

3. What about the pounding your body takes from all of those ground strikes? Especially on concrete where most people choose to run. My back, knees, and hips are already cringing. That being said, it does create business for me as I specialize is fixing that the crap that people do to themselves from running. Lower back pain, patellar pain, Achilles and heel cord issues, plantar fasciitis, etc.

Never had any of those issues. Nor anyone I run with, but seeing as I'm not a doctor if I experienced unusual pains and injuries from simply jogging, I'd go visit a doctor and probably take up the master cardio method of swimming.
4. Jogging for distance creates not EPOC, nor lean muscle tissue. In fact, it makes it that much harder to gain lean tissue.

This is known. But its the same even if you were doing other things such as cycling, for over an hour (I'm sure varies by the individual) where your body still start to draw on other sources other than the fat storage. If you're worrying about bulking up though, then by all means do whatever is best for you even though there are some larger athletes who do indeed do both. To me it seemed like he was overweight and doing it for mostly weight loss purposes, not to gain mass.

5. Personal opinion, but sprinting is just flat out more enjoyable and/or engaging. There is actually a point to it - to go as fast as possible. Not plodding along like a gerbil on a hamster wheel.
I respect your opinion, if you plod along like a gerbil when you jog and don't like it. Then don't do it

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Smash Or Pass?: Lauren
60 comments
Image inside  Xbox store digital sales this weekend
58 comments
NFL Thanksgiving Day Football- 49ers vs Seahawks 5:30pm(pst)
676 comments
  How Is Dej Loaf Famous? (might Be The Worst Performanc...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 204 comments - by 1LynguisticMind
 Image(s) inside Dam Bx , Tay600 Really Mad At Me!
New reply 5 minutes ago - 146 comments - by SlimDunkin
 NFL Redskins Qb Colt Mccoy To Start On Sunday Vs Indianapo...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 174 comments - by 1andonlyKingP
 Image(s) inside Adolf Bieber Crippin'?
New reply 6 minutes ago - 90 comments - by Carlton Black
 Video inside Nov 26 - Cleveland Police Officer Shot Tamir Rice Imme...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 111 comments - by CrunchTime CDN
 Image(s) inside :minimestopit:
New reply 11 minutes ago - 219 comments - by Ari Gold
  Hiphopdx's Review Of Rick Ross's "hood Billionare...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 83 comments - by 1LynguisticMind
 NBA Rose Basically Admits He Sat Out Just Because He Was T...
New reply 33 minutes ago - 95 comments - by MikeJones212

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,864 fans of BX | none new today 4,816 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.