This is BX @ Boxden.com

Same weight and bodyfat percentage for a few months..

Same weight and bodyfat percentage for a few months..
topic by XxKingLeonxX - 07-05-2013, 03:12 PM - Boxden > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Ok.... I am 5'11", 223 pounds and I am at around 21-23 percent bodyfat... When I started in January I was 235 and I got down to 223 in a few months... The problem is I have been at the same weight and same bodyfat percentage for a lil while... I usually eat around 2000 and that is my deficit.. I did the calculations and 2000 seems to be a good number.. Even on MyFitnessPal it said that I should be losing about a pound a week... I also eat about twice a day... The scale or my body fat percentage doesn't budge... I have a few questions...
  1. Should I make my caloric intake even lower and if so about how much should I lower it?
  2. Did my metabolism slow down? I was eating at 2000 calories for a while and 2000 should be in my deficit..

Also the thing is if my metabolism slowed down and I have to eat at maintenance for a week for hormonal purposes I can't eat that much.. I mean... If I don't watch what I eat and just eat stuff my calories are still around 2000 calories...

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

19 comments for "Same weight and bodyfat percentage for a few months.."

07-05-2013, 04:20 PMaway - #2
PTC 115 heat pts115

d 
space
$6,732 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by XxKingLeonxX
Ok.... I am 5'11", 223 pounds and I am at around 21-23 percent bodyfat... When I started in January I was 235 and I got down to 223 in a few months... The problem is I have been at the same weight and same bodyfat percentage for a lil while... I usually eat around 2000 and that is my deficit.. I did the calculations and 2000 seems to be a good number.. Even on MyFitnessPal it said that I should be losing about a pound a week... I also eat about twice a day... The scale or my body fat percentage doesn't budge... I have a few questions...
  1. Should I make my caloric intake even lower and if so about how much should I lower it?
  2. Did my metabolism slow down? I was eating at 2000 calories for a while and 2000 should be in my deficit..

Also the thing is if my metabolism slowed down and I have to eat at maintenance for a week for hormonal purposes I can't eat that much.. I mean... If I don't watch what I eat and just eat stuff my calories are still around 2000 calories...
Seems like your body got adjusted...what is a little while?

If you feel your body getting into any sort of comfort zone, it means you need to adjust something. Meaning does 2000 calories make you feel full for the day? Do you wake up feeling fine?

I probably wouldn't go under 2000 calories at 223...try working out a little bit harder/intense.
 07-06-2013, 12:25 AMaway - #3
XxKingLeonxX 

d 
space
$19,652 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PTC
Seems like your body got adjusted...what is a little while?

If you feel your body getting into any sort of comfort zone, it means you need to adjust something. Meaning does 2000 calories make you feel full for the day? Do you wake up feeling fine?

I probably wouldn't go under 2000 calories at 223...try working out a little bit harder/intense.
Alright.... I'll try doing some cardio...

Wait... When I start cardio should I be under 2000 from exercise?

Oh a little while is probably since May...

Last edited by XxKingLeonxX; 07-06-2013 at 12:47 AM..
 07-06-2013, 02:43 AMonline - #4
Lot 7 heat pts

d 
space
$1,635 | 7731451
Intermittent fasting has been working for me and my brother so far. Both him and I were at a weight we just couldn't get under, then finding out about this intermittent fasting, we decided to do it and finally started losing weight again.

Intermittent fasting is where you have a small window, usually anywhere from 4-8 hours where you get all your daily calories in, and don't take in any more calories once that time window closes. So if your window is 12 PM till 6 PM, you don't eat from 6 PM all the way to the next day 12 PM. The smaller the window, the easier the weight loss. You can drink anything you want as long as its 0 Calories. The fasting is for your body to digest everything within a few hours of eating your last meal, and letting your body go to the stored fat for energy.
 07-06-2013, 11:07 AMaway - #5
XxKingLeonxX 

d 
space
$19,652 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Lot
Intermittent fasting has been working for me and my brother so far. Both him and I were at a weight we just couldn't get under, then finding out about this intermittent fasting, we decided to do it and finally started losing weight again.

Intermittent fasting is where you have a small window, usually anywhere from 4-8 hours where you get all your daily calories in, and don't take in any more calories once that time window closes. So if your window is 12 PM till 6 PM, you don't eat from 6 PM all the way to the next day 12 PM. The smaller the window, the easier the weight loss. You can drink anything you want as long as its 0 Calories. The fasting is for your body to digest everything within a few hours of eating your last meal, and letting your body go to the stored fat for energy.
I been doing intermittent fasting for a while too... I do the 16/8.... My weight and body fat still didn't budge any... I don't know what to do...
 07-06-2013, 11:09 AMaway - #6
XxKingLeonxX 

d 
space
$19,652 | POWERFUL
#### it I'll just lower my calories....
 07-06-2013, 11:28 AMonline - #7
Lot 7 heat pts

d 
space
$1,635 | 7731451
Yeah drop it down to about 1700-1800 calories
 07-06-2013, 01:57 PMonline - #8
StuNNa 120 heat pts120

d 
space
$34,729 | POWERFUL
shorten your eating window. i hit a plateau and had to shorten mine and it started working again. also ramp up cardio.
 07-06-2013, 06:38 PMaway - #9
PTC 115 heat pts115

d 
space
$6,732 | POWERFUL
Bruh, you're already at 2000...do the math how much more can you really lower it? You lower it to 1800 then your body gets readjusted at 200-210 pounds then what you gonna do? Lower it again to 1500?

Intense workouts... and what are those 2000 calories consisted of?

And yes, your calories should always be what you take in. Don't say you're getting in 2000 calories a day, when in reality you ate 2500 and the machine said you burned 500.
 07-07-2013, 01:30 AMaway - #10
XxKingLeonxX 

d 
space
$19,652 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PTC
Bruh, you're already at 2000...do the math how much more can you really lower it? You lower it to 1800 then your body gets readjusted at 200-210 pounds then what you gonna do? Lower it again to 1500?

Intense workouts... and what are those 2000 calories consisted of?

And yes, your calories should always be what you take in. Don't say you're getting in 2000 calories a day, when in reality you ate 2500 and the machine said you burned 500.
So I keep my calories at 2000 and just workout?

What they consisted of? Well I can't really eat healthy all I would like.. Most nights I eat fast food and use that meal for my calories for the day.. I know its bad but.. eh...
 07-07-2013, 04:56 AMaway - #11
PTC 115 heat pts115

d 
space
$6,732 | POWERFUL
So I keep my calories at 2000 and just workout?

What they consisted of? Well I can't really eat healthy all I would like.. Most nights I eat fast food and use that meal for my calories for the day.. I know its bad but.. eh...
It just sounds like your body has adapted... gotta push it harder in the gym. INTENSE...get your heart rate up. You don't gotta run for long just run fast for shorter periods of time.

Even tho it's fast food, 2000 calories is still very little for your body weight. But eating less fat would definitely help.
 07-07-2013, 06:34 AMaway - #12
t grizz 3 heat pts

d 
space
$401 | 3502289
eat multiple times per day to speed up your metabolism (burn more calories without doing anything) and step up cardio exercise. essentially you want to burn more calories than you intake
 07-07-2013, 01:59 PMaway - #13
XxKingLeonxX 

d 
space
$19,652 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PTC
It just sounds like your body has adapted... gotta push it harder in the gym. INTENSE...get your heart rate up. You don't gotta run for long just run fast for shorter periods of time.

Even tho it's fast food, 2000 calories is still very little for your body weight. But eating less fat would definitely help.
2000 is very little for my body weight? Really? Damn my body must have really adjusted...

So are you saying I just eat my burned calories back from the intense workout and lower my fat intake?
 07-07-2013, 02:09 PMaway - #14
tech5c 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$3,057 | POWERFUL
Up your calories a little.

You're eating too little and eating #### food. Your body is holding on to the nutrients because you are not supplying it with enough.

Get closer to 2200-2300 calories and get rid of the #### food all the time. Keep your workouts intense and then see what happens.
 07-07-2013, 03:17 PMaway - #15
Ars3n 7 heat pts

d 
space
$2,576 | 11729718
if you're lifting, muscle weighs more than fat. Dont worry about your weight. You should see a little difference in muscle tone, strength, endurance and your overall structure after this amount of time.
 07-07-2013, 07:29 PMaway - #16
504Monster 

d 
space
$736 | 3344881
Originally Posted by Ars3n
if you're lifting, muscle weighs more than fat. Dont worry about your weight. You should see a little difference in muscle tone, strength, endurance and your overall structure after this amount of time.
I agree with this statement. The scale can be very misleading. At any given weight, I can look completely different depending on which parts of my body I'm working the most and how much fat I'm carrying.

What does your current workout look like? If you aren't working your body hard enough, you won't get the results you want.

And finally, lay off the fast food. Eating better should help you shed a few pounds and improve your overall health.

I think this is everything everybody said already but good luck anyway.
 07-07-2013, 08:12 PMaway - #17
GameBreaker 

d 
space
$1,202 | 1826247
Thermogenics could be an option. It depends on your tolerance to stims though.
 07-08-2013, 01:55 PMaway - #18
XxKingLeonxX 

d 
space
$19,652 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by tech5c
Up your calories a little.

You're eating too little and eating #### food. Your body is holding on to the nutrients because you are not supplying it with enough.

Get closer to 2200-2300 calories and get rid of the #### food all the time. Keep your workouts intense and then see what happens.
Alright.. I'll try to eat healthier... I can't really eat how I like because I still live with mom and there are four people in the house... There is barely any food in the house anyway... I mean there is food, but not good food...

Originally Posted by 504Monster
I agree with this statement. The scale can be very misleading. At any given weight, I can look completely different depending on which parts of my body I'm working the most and how much fat I'm carrying.

What does your current workout look like? If you aren't working your body hard enough, you won't get the results you want.

And finally, lay off the fast food. Eating better should help you shed a few pounds and improve your overall health.

I think this is everything everybody said already but good luck anyway.
I live in a backwater, 30-40 miles to get to a wal mart town.. There is no gym around here... Recently I have been looking into body weight exercises....
 07-12-2013, 05:50 PMaway - #19
TH35 71 heat pts71

d 
space
$56,797 | POWERFUL
Alright.. I'll try to eat healthier... I can't really eat how I like because I still live with mom and there are four people in the house... There is barely any food in the house anyway... I mean there is food, but not good food...
Damn, you need to get a least one or two people on the same page as you. Like someone said if you're at a stand still just up the cardio and push yourself harder but nutrition is easily the biggest thing. Eat as clean as you can.
 07-16-2013, 05:35 PMaway - #20
bd2eazy 36 heat pts36

d 
space
$4,800 | POWERFUL

i get a haul from walmart every sunday of water, chicken, baby spinach, arugala, oatmeal, greek yogurt maybe a snack or two (chips), frozen veggies (steamers i love those things), and sometimes steak.

all that for about $50 give or take, and im able to replace 80% of the fast foodieness that goes on in and around my house.

####s alot easier on the wallet since i get between 7 and 10 days worth of food for the price of
1 fast food meal a day for 5 days.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Official "NBA 2k15" topic
75 comments
NFL who is the most overrated Quarterback in the NFL?
108 comments
NBA As an NBA GM, who are you taking and WHY?
84 comments
 NFL Falcons Vs Bucs Week 3
New reply 14 seconds ago - 731 comments - by grydlok
 Image(s) inside Sep 17 - White Guy Taunts Immigrant Family By Plasteri...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 66 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 BOX Floyd Mayweather Vs Marcos Maidana 2(mayhem) Ppv Reach...
New reply 1 minute ago - 76 comments - by ant30ant33
  Ios 8 Now Available
New reply 8 minutes ago - 118 comments - by RocawearMan
 NFL Adrian Peterson Is Most Likely Done In Minnesota
New reply 2 minutes ago - 118 comments - by Steve
 Image(s) inside Iconic Photo Taken Of ( G-unit ) Right After Laying 50...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 82 comments - by ajeana
 Video inside Ray-j Da Gawd Out Here Gaming These Broads
New reply 2 minutes ago - 58 comments - by PrisonRules
 Article inside Samsung Galaxy S5 Beats Iphone 6 In New Benchmarks
New reply 11 minutes ago - 99 comments - by LTE

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.