Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Is it a good idea to do any kind of cardio if I'm trying to get big???

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
141 viewing
 Image inside Body Language Expert Says BeyoncĂ© Has A Schoolgirl Crush on LeBron
162 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
108 viewing
what are the most ridiculous claims made by or said of rappers?
142 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
98 viewing
NCAAF Media prolly gonna hate on Cam Newton for this IG post
93 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
80 viewing
Article inside [Download] Rick Ross' "Black Dollar" Drops at 3:05PM Exclusively On D..
85 comments
@hiphop
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Is it a good idea to do any kind of cardio if I'm trying to get big???
Unread 10-26-2005, 09:19 PMclass of -  - #1
2666 pageviews
9 comments

EsePincheAzteca  space
space
$n/a |
I'm 5'7 170lbs. I'm trying to gain muscle, i want to get big, :sick: but i heard that it's a bad idea to do any cardio if you're trying to build muscle...now my dilema is this, i have man b00bs and i want to get rid of them in the worst way and get some muscle's going...should i do some cardio to help with my man b00bs and still lift or should i start gaining muscle and then worry about losing the fat?...

top in section
31 viewing
NBA #ShotsFired Kareem Abdul Jabbar Says Dirk Is A Volume Shooter And Not Better Than Bird
66 comments
top in sports/24hrs
top in section
30 viewing
Article inside 99 Ways to Annoy an Atheist
69 comments
top in wild'ish/24hrs

Unread 10-27-2005, 08:41 AMclass of -  - #2
30 1 3rd D  space
space
$n/a |
EsePincheAzteca said:
I'm 5'7 170lbs. I'm trying to gain muscle, i want to get big, :sick: but i heard that it's a bad idea to do any cardio if you're trying to build muscle...now my dilema is this, i have man b00bs and i want to get rid of them in the worst way and get some muscle's going...should i do some cardio to help with my man b00bs and still lift or should i start gaining muscle and then worry about losing the fat?...
my old weightlifting coach said he was in the best weightroom shape of his life, muscles packed onto his frame, but he couldnt run across the gym.

theres a difference between being ripped and being in shape. a fine line.

do cardio once a week AT LEAST, just to keep yourself in check. you should really do it 3 times a week at a moderate pace if youre looking to gain weight. just eat big.
Unread 10 years agoclass of '05 - away - #3
jordan21  space
space
$1,111 | 5939012
I am not trying to lose any weight at all but I still do cardio around 4 times a week...usually 3 miles. I don't know if it hurts your muscle building or not but since I added cardio to my weightlifting I FEEL much better. Plus it makes my abs still out more

This is how my weightlifting and cardio schedule goes..

Day 1: Chest, Cardio
Day 2: Back, Cardio
Day 3: Shoulders, Cardio
Day 4: Rest (I'm at school all day)
Day 5: Legs
Day 6: Arms, Light Cardio (same distance, slower pace..usually my legs are not 100% the day after a leg workout, but it helps loosen everything up for me)
Day 7: Rest, cardio optional

as for abs I do 5 times a week.. 3 times on the weighted machine at the gym.. 2 times 8 min abs at home

I'm not an expert or anything. That is just what works for me.

Last edited by jordan21; 10-28-2005 at 06:26 PM..
Unread 10 years agoclass of '05 - away - #4
menacel  space
Hinesville, GA
space
$1,659 | 12527006
i'm not sure either...i heard it deteriorates(sp?) your muscles...i just got done doin a season of cross country..and all my max's went down..but then again i havent been in the weight room for 5 months lol
Unread 10 years agoclass of '04 - away - #5
jonjon  space
space
$114 | 12
it all depends on what type of cardio your doing??? just running or interval carido training?
Unread 10 years agoclass of '05 - away - #6
couplewords  space
Gift
space
$1,075 | 0
nope...running is only for competition or people who like it....lifting weights with short intervals is enough to keep your heart rate up enough
Unread 10-29-2005, 06:36 PMclass of -  - #7
EsePincheAzteca  space
space
$n/a |
i do the treadmill and this machine that has handles that look like ski handles...i do the ski one first and after i lift, i hop on the treadmill...i don't go crazy on either...just pace myself on it for a good 1/2 hour, work up a sweat...

thanks to everyone who replied...
Unread 10 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #8
redruM_  space
The Cypher
space
$1,829 | 4817341
EsePincheAzteca said:
The best option really is dat u lose the fat first, then bulk up... It's hard to do both at once (lose weight/gain muscle) cos both of them have totally different nutritional requirements. I'm not saying it can't be done.. pro body builders use the zig-zag method to do this, but it's hard and it will take a while if ur not 100% committed. So yeh.. if u wanna get rid of ur man b00bs then go hard on cardio and do minimal weights. Focus more on reps to try and maintain your muscle while you're losing your weight...

Last edited by redruM_; 10-29-2005 at 08:04 PM..
Unread 10-29-2005, 09:06 PMclass of -  - #9
kawj7  space
space
$n/a |
From my training I have found that doing cardio AFTER weight training didn't hurt my muscle gains. Doing cardio before lifting I was kinda tired to finish my workout with enough intensity like I wanted to. Check around on under training. It should help you out.
Unread 10 years agoclass of '04 - away - #10
KillaJay  space
space
$794 | 2428965
Alright pump up on the food, get a lot of calories but no saturated fats, drink milk and Oj,water is a must also. and if you do cardio for getting muscles youll be good when you want to have more endurance while lifting, you need endurance to lift more to surpass limits. so yeah do cardio, cardio like sprints, something to make your heart pound out of your chest(interval training).

Home > all sections > The BX Gym

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
64 viewing
The Top 10 Costliest Prostitutes on the Planet
100 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
59 viewing
Video inside :DEAD: (Trust me you will be too lol)
121 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
35 viewing
Image inside Bought me a 2012 Matte Black Camaro (Pics)
96 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
32 viewing
Video inside UFO Miami Airport Florida September 01, 2015
141 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
28 viewing
Video inside South Side Crips killed PAC for Diddy & Poochie Killed Biggie For Suge ?
169 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Sep 2 - 10 Worst Places To Live In America
157 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Image inside WTF Is Going On In That Nike Corporate Office ?
72 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Image inside Sep 2 - El Salvador Sets Latin American All Time Record With 125 Murde..
72 comments
1 day ago
@news
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time