This is BX @ Boxden.com

I need to learn new combat/f!ghting techniques

New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

I need to learn new combat/f!ghting techniques
 12-13-2012, 07:06 AMaway - #21
ThaLockerRoom 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$1,245 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by BeatinGuts
pathetic a$$.. "I want to learn new ways of f!ghting so I can really do damage" if I am attacked for no reason and forced to defend myself or another... then i would help but you SON will always get your a$s kicked with that mentality... you a ####stain SON...
you took what he said and read too much into it, quit crying
 12-13-2012, 08:38 AMaway - #22
01seay 75 heat pts75

d 
space
$19,258 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by mr_underground
This Krav is the best for fast paced combat.

If you're more concerned with falling down then jiu-jitsu the art of choice.

I prefer Krav because it prepares you for more scenario's and the chance of injury is a lot less than with jiu-jitsu. Health insurance is a MUST for jiu-jitsu.
You need health insurance to learn jiu-jitsu?
 12-13-2012, 01:37 PMaway - #23
Tastemaker331 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$32,955 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Shizz
1st You going about "Wanting to learn to f!ght" the wrong way... As dude said you will get your a$s handed to you more ways then one thinking that way... look up the :GET IN MY GUARD: videos on you tube.

But if you learning how to defend yourself, that would be a better reason ( No the two are not the same) You wont understand until you start learning something...

I am vastly trained in Multiple forms of martial arts and I am currently heavily into BJJ.. I Have NEVER been in a Physical Altercation where i had to throw a single punch or kick.

Not that I cant. I know my kicks can break someones leggs and i know that i can put someone to sleep if i get a grip on them (which isnt hard at all for me)...

You need to know what you are studing the sport for first, because if you come to my gym telling me that story... I put you to sleep and leave you in a corner or dark ally somewhere....

What you gonna do?? come back for more??
man what the hell are you going on about?
you either misinterpreted my original post, or you're using this thread to masturbate all over yourself because you know BJJ

like i already said. i boxed for a majority of my life. Ive ALWAYS been able to handle myself. Im simply trying to learn new skills so I can diversity my f!ght game. jesus ####ing christ
 12-13-2012, 01:50 PMaway - #24
M 2 heat pts

d 
space
$13,751 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by 01seay
I think he's saying you get hurt a lot

Between Eskrima and jiu jitsu my ex was always bruised up
 12-13-2012, 01:59 PMaway - #25
mr_underground|m 98 heat pts98

d 
space
$14,371 | POWERFUL
LOL you don't need it but it will be useful, I've never met anyone who's heavy into BJJ and hasn't been injured in some way. It puts the body through a lot since its like a physcial chess match.

Your chance of injury is high with this type of movement.

Vs. Krav maga which is more direct in nature:

Last edited by mr_underground; 12-13-2012 at 02:10 PM..
 12-13-2012, 04:37 PMaway - #26
Mr_Plenty 

d 
space
$2,143 | 4466637
Tae...........Kwon...........Do! hiyahhhhhhhhhhh! LOL
 12-13-2012, 06:17 PMaway - #27
ManOfSteel23 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$2,954 | POWERFUL
1st You going about "Wanting to learn to f!ght" the wrong way... As dude said you will get your a$s handed to you more ways then one thinking that way... look up the :GET IN MY GUARD: videos on you tube.

But if you learning how to defend yourself, that would be a better reason ( No the two are not the same) You wont understand until you start learning something...

I am vastly trained in Multiple forms of martial arts and I am currently heavily into BJJ.. I Have NEVER been in a Physical Altercation where i had to throw a single punch or kick.

Not that I cant. I know my kicks can break someones leggs and i know that i can put someone to sleep if i get a grip on them (which isnt hard at all for me)...

You need to know what you are studing the sport for first, because if you come to my gym telling me that story... I put you to sleep and leave you in a corner or dark ally somewhere....

What belt are you in BJJ?
 12-14-2012, 05:15 PMaway - #28
BIGthingsSON2 

d 
space
$619 | 2216183
Train BJJ... You usually start cross training because it is so closely related to MMA.
 12-15-2012, 12:29 AMaway - #29
invaderchin 138 heat pts138

d 
space
$2,717 | POWERFUL
chinese boxing

12-17-2012, 09:05 AMaway - #30
Shizz|M 

d 
space
$6,993 | 12236718
Originally Posted by ThaLockerRoom
i get where you're coming from but people need 2 quit actin like its so dishonorable to want to learn martial arts so that you can whoop someone's azz. Not like dude said he wanted to go out and lump someone up, just wants to be prepared if he has to.
Its not alway about being dishonorable. I know a few people that joined just for that reason and WHOLE mindset changed once you get into the grit of it.. Its just like people going wrestling thinking its the WWF stuff and finding out its not... or something totally differnt.. Thats all... Ive seen a few f!ght turn out bad beacuse people underestimated someones skills in thier respected craft and BJJ is one of the hardest things to notice knows just by looking at them. you;d be surprised who trains and who doesn't... Ex. Al Bundy aka Ed o'neil is a BJJ black belt

Originally Posted by ErnieB
man what the hell are you going on about?
you either misinterpreted my original post, or you're using this thread to masturbate all over yourself because you know BJJ

like i already said. i boxed for a majority of my life. Ive ALWAYS been able to handle myself. Im simply trying to learn new skills so I can diversity my f!ght game. jesus ####ing christ
woah bro.. pump your brakes... This is what would get you Lumped up in the first place. Boxing doesnt mean crap if your goto the ground or in close range... same issues with karate..
I dont just do BJJ.. I train everything... Wrestling, Judo, BJJ, karate, etc. Ive have been for years... dont need to Hype my self up to any level... I feel what you are trying to do. Im try to explain to you that since you have the hands you need to adapt it to another aspect that will compliment your handsl.... Boxing To Muai Thai To Wrestling to BJJ... the way you work that that out is

You have the technique for your hands already.... Then you adapt the knees and elbow movements from muai thai... Then when you develop that go to wrestling to be able to move and take people down.. Then you goto bjj for the ground.. Once you get suffeint enough at each then you will be well rounded...

i was just saying that YOUR Whole Aspect of seeing this will change once you get into the other sports..

Originally Posted by mr_underground
LOL you don't need it but it will be useful, I've never met anyone who's heavy into BJJ and hasn't been injured in some way. It puts the body through a lot since its like a physcial chess match.

Your chance of injury is high with this type of movement.

Vs. Krav maga which is more direct in nature:

Injiury is normal in BJJ... and YOu used a video of JT Torres.. That dude is a ####ING MONSTER... you would never pick him to be a f!ghter on the street... that one dude you dotn want to #### with on accident. he will make you look like a retard instantly..
other than that.. he's pretty ####ing cool... Jokes around alot.. cuts up just like everyone. Young but VERY VERY knowledgeable..

Originally Posted by ManOfSteel23
What belt are you in BJJ?
Im currently a Blue belt ( up for promotion for purple a year ago) *Long story* but i train with brown and black belts mainly becuase i have a wrestling back ground for 20+ years and my Nogi is far superior than my Gi game.. 2nd at Ibjjf nationals in GI and NoGi. goto Dq'd in the finals of both matches for illegal leg locks from 50/50.
 12-20-2012, 10:34 AMaway - #31
Tastemaker331 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$32,955 | POWERFUL
Edit: smh

Last edited by Tastemaker331; 12-20-2012 at 10:54 AM..
 12-30-2012, 10:46 AMaway - #32
youngdure 

d 
space
$272 | 1251018
Yup, got my shoulder yanked out the socket twice . That #### affected my work so i had to quit, but i really want to go back.
 12-30-2012, 12:20 PMaway - #33
DrX 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$34,926 | POWERFUL

look at "mr im cool because i know more about this topic than everybody else guy"

New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Microsoft Investigating Xbox Owners for Fraudulently Refunding ..
76 comments
NBA Carmelo Anthony busts a nut in Lebron's eye (video)
87 comments
NFL Dallas Cowboys fans are losing their minds
52 comments
 NBA Official Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers Vs Chicago Bull
New reply 20 seconds ago - 99 comments - by Akira Son Bio
 Image(s) inside Oct 28 - Life Under Obama Sucks. And These Numbers Pro...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 96 comments - by KFrizzle
 NBA Confirmed: Russell Westbrook Has A Small Fracture In H...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 68 comments - by NoMenace
 Video inside Before Dej Loaf Would Get Your Whole "fombily&quo...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 141 comments - by lilbeast
 Video inside Throwback: Iggy Azalea Refuses To Freestyle On Sway In...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 137 comments - by The Bully
 audio inside Nas - The Season (full Version)
New reply 9 minutes ago - 110 comments - by MANNYSOSA
 NBA Josh Smith Responds To Kenneth Faried, Calls Him a Cl...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 64 comments - by T.O.N.Y.
 Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj's Boyfriend Responds To Drake & Wayne ...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 82 comments - by Frankybaby

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,832 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.