This is BX @ Boxden.com

I need to learn new combat/f!ghting techniques

I need to learn new combat/f!ghting techniques
topic by Tastemaker331 - 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM - Boxden > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Long story short, while I was out and about today, I saw a f!ght break out in a mall parking lot. I dont know what set it off, but it was a bigger guy (well over 6 feet) and a shorter dude (probably around 5'9-5'10?). Anyway, the shorter dude beat the breaks off of this guy. VERY efficient a$s-whipping. It was obvious that this guy had some type of training because it was very brutal.

I used to box when I was younger, but theres more to a f!ght than just punching. I want to learn new ways of f!ghting so I can really do damage, like the guy that I saw earlier today

Can anyone recommend me some f!ghting styles/techniques that I can learn?
Feel free to tell about any Personal experiences, throw me some links with info, whatever.

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

32 comments for "I need to learn new combat/f!ghting techniques"

12-10-2012, 03:50 PMaway - #2
Counterfeit215 9 heat pts

d 
space
$3,872 | 11975348
Krav Maga
 12-11-2012, 02:42 PMaway - #3
lboog1423 201 heat pts201

d 
space
$18,794 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Counterfeit215
Krav Maga
 12-11-2012, 04:36 PMaway - #4
ItAlY2BkLyN 227 heat pts227

d 
space
$15,134 | POWERFUL
Honestly you just need to go start hanging out at the f!ghting gyms. LA Boxing, any kind of f!ghting clubs. The best f!ghting IMO is a mix of styles and techniques. You can be the best boxer in the world, or know your #### when it comes to Karate, Kendo, etc. But you get into it with a strong wrestler and your a$s is gonna get ground and pounded. Find your own style, but hang out with those who are very good at trained f!ghting and you'll pick up pieces here and there.
 12-11-2012, 05:12 PMaway - #5
refuze 74 heat pts74

d 
space
$14,981 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ItAlY2BkLyN
Honestly you just need to go start hanging out at the f!ghting gyms. LA Boxing, any kind of f!ghting clubs. The best f!ghting IMO is a mix of styles and techniques. You can be the best boxer in the world, or know your #### when it comes to Karate, Kendo, etc. But you get into it with a strong wrestler and your a$s is gonna get ground and pounded. Find your own style, but hang out with those who are very good at trained f!ghting and you'll pick up pieces here and there.
this.

i just signed up for boxing but im looking into doing other martial arts as well. like dude said, you just gotta mesh different styles together. theres no better way than having hands on experience from people who know what theyre doing
 12-11-2012, 05:47 PMaway - #6
BeatinGuts 

d 
space
$409 | 1766314
Originally Posted by ErnieB
Long story short, while I was out and about today, I saw a f!ght break out in a mall parking lot. I dont know what set it off, but it was a bigger guy (well over 6 feet) and a shorter dude (probably around 5'9-5'10?). Anyway, the shorter dude beat the breaks off of this guy. VERY efficient a$s-whipping. It was obvious that this guy had some type of training because it was very brutal.

I used to box when I was younger, but theres more to a f!ght than just punching. I want to learn new ways of f!ghting so I can really do damage, like the guy that I saw earlier today

Can anyone recommend me some f!ghting styles/techniques that I can learn?
Feel free to tell about any Personal experiences, throw me some links with info, whatever.
pathetic a$$.. "I want to learn new ways of f!ghting so I can really do damage" if I am attacked for no reason and forced to defend myself or another... then i would help but you SON will always get your a$s kicked with that mentality... you a ####stain SON...
 12-11-2012, 05:55 PMaway - #7
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$3,885 | POWERFUL
Learn K'NIFE
 12-12-2012, 12:13 AMaway - #8
Tastemaker331 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$32,955 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by BeatinGuts
pathetic a$$.. "I want to learn new ways of f!ghting so I can really do damage" if I am attacked for no reason and forced to defend myself or another... then i would help but you SON will always get your a$s kicked with that mentality... you a ####stain SON...
I dont even want to know what type of insecurities caused you to make this post
 12-12-2012, 12:35 AMaway - #9
SlickJ101 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$8,918 | POWERFUL
 12-12-2012, 02:43 AMaway - #10
keg_70 

d 
space
$2,611 | POWERFUL
I love Muay Thai.

Mainly just the punching and elbows and clinching with knees would work well. Not so much kicking unless u can put it in a combo.
 12-12-2012, 02:49 AMaway - #11
ManOfSteel23 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$2,954 | POWERFUL
one on one = Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

multiple attackers = Muay Thai / Krav Maga
 12-12-2012, 04:05 AMaway - #12
ThaLockerRoom 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$1,245 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ItAlY2BkLyN
the wrestling hype is
 12-12-2012, 10:06 AMaway - #13
SlickJ101 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$8,918 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ThaLockerRoom
the wrestling hype is
 12-12-2012, 10:37 AMaway - #14
ItAlY2BkLyN 227 heat pts227

d 
space
$15,134 | POWERFUL
the wrestling hype is
you obviously have never wrestled lol

I don't care what kinda wang chung you know. If you get hemmed up on the ground, you ain't doing ####.
 12-12-2012, 10:51 AMaway - #15
mr_underground|m 98 heat pts98

d 
space
$14,371 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Counterfeit215
Krav Maga
This Krav is the best for fast paced combat.

If you're more concerned with falling down then jiu-jitsu the art of choice.

I prefer Krav because it prepares you for more scenario's and the chance of injury is a lot less than with jiu-jitsu. Health insurance is a MUST for jiu-jitsu.
 12-12-2012, 01:28 PMaway - #16
sideshow20 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$8,507 | POWERFUL
learn gunfu

but nah boxing is good if you have your mixups right. I however take up karate currently i am a first degree orange belt and i think i might get double promoted again but anywho

the style i am learning is yoshin-ryu its a form of jujitsu (learning take downs, where to strike, and pretty much learning the technique. Technique is EVERYTHING...you can have all the power in the world but if yur technique aint on point you can get bodied quick..

Its some videos on my youtube page of me sparring (i find them very funny because of the #### i was doing or what happend to me)

and plus...aint nothing like kicking someone in the head and dont have to worry about going to jail for it
 12-12-2012, 02:17 PMaway - #17
strahan2004 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$4,459 | POWERFUL
well plain and simple, if you don't mind hitting someone in the eye/balls/throat, well Krav Maga is obviously the most efficient, no doubt about it...if not, well just hit a free f!ght MMA gym nd you've got it...i do boxing/thay boxing, but let's face it if the guy takes you down you're in for a serious beating...so MMA would be my choice...

Last time dude at my gym told another scared dude talking about street f!ght that the best technique ever is : RUNNING...and he is no joke at all...
 12-12-2012, 10:58 PMaway - #18
Black Samurai 75 heat pts75

d 
space
$2,357 | POWERFUL
the wrestling hype is
the guy who invented Krav Maga was a boxer and a wrestler. Personally, I think it's best to learn and master one striking/hybrid based art (boxing, muay thai, krav maga, karate, Japanese Jujitsu, Army combatives/MCMAP, MMA), one grappling art (Brazilian jujitsu, judo, wrestling, Sambo) and one weapons based art (Eskrima/Kali, Kendo, fencing).
 12-13-2012, 06:13 AMaway - #19
Shizz|M 

d 
space
$6,993 | 12236718
1st You going about "Wanting to learn to f!ght" the wrong way... As dude said you will get your a$s handed to you more ways then one thinking that way... look up the :GET IN MY GUARD: videos on you tube.

But if you learning how to defend yourself, that would be a better reason ( No the two are not the same) You wont understand until you start learning something...

I am vastly trained in Multiple forms of martial arts and I am currently heavily into BJJ.. I Have NEVER been in a Physical Altercation where i had to throw a single punch or kick.

Not that I cant. I know my kicks can break someones leggs and i know that i can put someone to sleep if i get a grip on them (which isnt hard at all for me)...

You need to know what you are studing the sport for first, because if you come to my gym telling me that story... I put you to sleep and leave you in a corner or dark ally somewhere....

What you gonna do?? come back for more??
 12-13-2012, 07:03 AMaway - #20
ThaLockerRoom 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$1,245 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Shizz
1st You going about "Wanting to learn to f!ght" the wrong way... As dude said you will get your a$s handed to you more ways then one thinking that way... look up the :GET IN MY GUARD: videos on you tube.

But if you learning how to defend yourself, that would be a better reason ( No the two are not the same) You wont understand until you start learning something...

You need to know what you are studing the sport for first, because if you come to my gym telling me that story... I put you to sleep and leave you in a corner or dark ally somewhere....

What you gonna do?? come back for more??
i get where you're coming from but people need 2 quit actin like its so dishonorable to want to learn martial arts so that you can whoop someone's azz. Not like dude said he wanted to go out and lump someone up, just wants to be prepared if he has to.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Xbox One's struggles are traceable to one bad decision
71 comments
Microsoft Investigating Xbox Owners for Fraudulently Refunding ..
81 comments
NFL Dallas Cowboys fans are losing their minds
57 comments
 NFL Halloween Costume
New reply 5 minutes ago - 64 comments - by Frasier
  Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta (prod. Soundwave X Thunder...
New reply 23 minutes ago - 117 comments - by mdemaz
 Video inside Before Dej Loaf Would Get Your Whole "fombily&quo...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 160 comments - by lilbeast
 Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj's Boyfriend Responds To Drake & Wayne ...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 103 comments - by Frankybaby
 audio inside Lupe Fiasco - Mazinger Feat. Pj [prod. By Sx]
New reply 13 minutes ago - 51 comments - by styxz
 Image(s) inside Pic Of Kidd Kidd Ridin Around In Niissan
New reply 25 minutes ago - 55 comments - by ajeana
 Image(s) inside Nas Gettin Sucked Off By Madonna In The Studio (pic)
New reply 14 minutes ago - 125 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 NBA Official Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers Vs Chicago Bull
New reply 1 hour ago - 1369 comments - by Akira Son Bio

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,834 fans of BX | none new today 4,801 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.