This is BX @ Boxden.com


I need to learn new combat/f!ghting techniques


 I need to learn new combat/f!ghting techniques
topic by Tastemaker331 - 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM - Boxden > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition


Long story short, while I was out and about today, I saw a f!ght break out in a mall parking lot. I dont know what set it off, but it was a bigger guy (well over 6 feet) and a shorter dude (probably around 5'9-5'10?). Anyway, the shorter dude beat the breaks off of this guy. VERY efficient a$s-whipping. It was obvious that this guy had some type of training because it was very brutal.

I used to box when I was younger, but theres more to a f!ght than just punching. I want to learn new ways of f!ghting so I can really do damage, like the guy that I saw earlier today


Can anyone recommend me some f!ghting styles/techniques that I can learn?
Feel free to tell about any Personal experiences, throw me some links with info, whatever.


share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

32 comments for "I need to learn new combat/f!ghting techniques"


 12-10-2012, 03:50 PMaway - #2
Counterfeit215 9 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,868 | 11975348
Krav Maga
 12-11-2012, 02:42 PMaway - #3
lboog1423 180 heat pts180

  d 
space
$17,547 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Counterfeit215
Krav Maga
 12-11-2012, 04:36 PMaway - #4
ItAlY2BkLyN 220 heat pts220

  d 
space
$14,370 | POWERFUL
Honestly you just need to go start hanging out at the f!ghting gyms. LA Boxing, any kind of f!ghting clubs. The best f!ghting IMO is a mix of styles and techniques. You can be the best boxer in the world, or know your #### when it comes to Karate, Kendo, etc. But you get into it with a strong wrestler and your a$s is gonna get ground and pounded. Find your own style, but hang out with those who are very good at trained f!ghting and you'll pick up pieces here and there.
 12-11-2012, 05:12 PMaway - #5
refuze 69 heat pts69

  d 
space
$14,776 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ItAlY2BkLyN
Honestly you just need to go start hanging out at the f!ghting gyms. LA Boxing, any kind of f!ghting clubs. The best f!ghting IMO is a mix of styles and techniques. You can be the best boxer in the world, or know your #### when it comes to Karate, Kendo, etc. But you get into it with a strong wrestler and your a$s is gonna get ground and pounded. Find your own style, but hang out with those who are very good at trained f!ghting and you'll pick up pieces here and there.
this.

i just signed up for boxing but im looking into doing other martial arts as well. like dude said, you just gotta mesh different styles together. theres no better way than having hands on experience from people who know what theyre doing
 12-11-2012, 05:47 PMaway - #6
BeatinGuts 

  d 
space
$409 | 1766314
Originally Posted by ErnieB
Long story short, while I was out and about today, I saw a f!ght break out in a mall parking lot. I dont know what set it off, but it was a bigger guy (well over 6 feet) and a shorter dude (probably around 5'9-5'10?). Anyway, the shorter dude beat the breaks off of this guy. VERY efficient a$s-whipping. It was obvious that this guy had some type of training because it was very brutal.

I used to box when I was younger, but theres more to a f!ght than just punching. I want to learn new ways of f!ghting so I can really do damage, like the guy that I saw earlier today


Can anyone recommend me some f!ghting styles/techniques that I can learn?
Feel free to tell about any Personal experiences, throw me some links with info, whatever.
pathetic a$$.. "I want to learn new ways of f!ghting so I can really do damage" if I am attacked for no reason and forced to defend myself or another... then i would help but you SON will always get your a$s kicked with that mentality... you a ####stain SON...
 12-11-2012, 05:55 PMaway - #7
BtMkRs 10 heat pts10

  d 
space
$3,225 | 17844664
Learn K'NIFE
 12-12-2012, 12:13 AMaway - #8
Tastemaker331 23 heat pts23

  d 
space
$31,660 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by BeatinGuts
pathetic a$$.. "I want to learn new ways of f!ghting so I can really do damage" if I am attacked for no reason and forced to defend myself or another... then i would help but you SON will always get your a$s kicked with that mentality... you a ####stain SON...
I dont even want to know what type of insecurities caused you to make this post
 12-12-2012, 12:35 AMaway - #9
SlickJ101 16 heat pts16

  d 
space
$8,559 | POWERFUL
 12-12-2012, 02:43 AMaway - #10
keg_70 

  d 
space
$2,610 | POWERFUL
I love Muay Thai.

Mainly just the punching and elbows and clinching with knees would work well. Not so much kicking unless u can put it in a combo.
 12-12-2012, 02:49 AMaway - #11
ManOfSteel23 28 heat pts28

  d 
space
$2,948 | POWERFUL
one on one = Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

multiple attackers = Muay Thai / Krav Maga
 12-12-2012, 04:05 AMaway - #12
ThaLockerRoom 26 heat pts26

  d 
space
$1,167 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ItAlY2BkLyN
Honestly you just need to go start hanging out at the f!ghting gyms. LA Boxing, any kind of f!ghting clubs. The best f!ghting IMO is a mix of styles and techniques. You can be the best boxer in the world, or know your #### when it comes to Karate, Kendo, etc. But you get into it with a strong wrestler and your a$s is gonna get ground and pounded. Find your own style, but hang out with those who are very good at trained f!ghting and you'll pick up pieces here and there.
the wrestling hype is
 12-12-2012, 10:06 AMaway - #13
SlickJ101 16 heat pts16

  d 
space
$8,559 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ThaLockerRoom
the wrestling hype is
 12-12-2012, 10:37 AMaway - #14
ItAlY2BkLyN 220 heat pts220

  d 
space
$14,370 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ThaLockerRoom
the wrestling hype is
you obviously have never wrestled lol

I don't care what kinda wang chung you know. If you get hemmed up on the ground, you ain't doing ####.
 12-12-2012, 10:51 AMaway - #15
mr_underground|m 77 heat pts77

  d 
space
$14,003 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Counterfeit215
Krav Maga
This Krav is the best for fast paced combat.

If you're more concerned with falling down then jiu-jitsu the art of choice.

I prefer Krav because it prepares you for more scenario's and the chance of injury is a lot less than with jiu-jitsu. Health insurance is a MUST for jiu-jitsu.
 12-12-2012, 01:28 PMaway - #16
sideshow20 9 heat pts

  d 
space
$8,435 | POWERFUL
learn gunfu

but nah boxing is good if you have your mixups right. I however take up karate currently i am a first degree orange belt and i think i might get double promoted again but anywho

the style i am learning is yoshin-ryu its a form of jujitsu (learning take downs, where to strike, and pretty much learning the technique. Technique is EVERYTHING...you can have all the power in the world but if yur technique aint on point you can get bodied quick..

Its some videos on my youtube page of me sparring (i find them very funny because of the #### i was doing or what happend to me)

and plus...aint nothing like kicking someone in the head and dont have to worry about going to jail for it
 12-12-2012, 02:17 PMaway - #17
strahan2004 35 heat pts35

  d 
space
$4,385 | POWERFUL
well plain and simple, if you don't mind hitting someone in the eye/balls/throat, well Krav Maga is obviously the most efficient, no doubt about it...if not, well just hit a free f!ght MMA gym nd you've got it...i do boxing/thay boxing, but let's face it if the guy takes you down you're in for a serious beating...so MMA would be my choice...


Last time dude at my gym told another scared dude talking about street f!ght that the best technique ever is : RUNNING...and he is no joke at all...
 12-12-2012, 10:58 PMaway - #18
Black Samurai 75 heat pts75

  d 
space
$2,242 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ThaLockerRoom
the wrestling hype is
the guy who invented Krav Maga was a boxer and a wrestler. Personally, I think it's best to learn and master one striking/hybrid based art (boxing, muay thai, krav maga, karate, Japanese Jujitsu, Army combatives/MCMAP, MMA), one grappling art (Brazilian jujitsu, judo, wrestling, Sambo) and one weapons based art (Eskrima/Kali, Kendo, fencing).
 12-13-2012, 06:13 AMaway - #19
Shizz|M 

  d 
space
$6,910 | 11979200
1st You going about "Wanting to learn to f!ght" the wrong way... As dude said you will get your a$s handed to you more ways then one thinking that way... look up the :GET IN MY GUARD: videos on you tube.

But if you learning how to defend yourself, that would be a better reason ( No the two are not the same) You wont understand until you start learning something...

I am vastly trained in Multiple forms of martial arts and I am currently heavily into BJJ.. I Have NEVER been in a Physical Altercation where i had to throw a single punch or kick.

Not that I cant. I know my kicks can break someones leggs and i know that i can put someone to sleep if i get a grip on them (which isnt hard at all for me)...

You need to know what you are studing the sport for first, because if you come to my gym telling me that story... I put you to sleep and leave you in a corner or dark ally somewhere....

What you gonna do?? come back for more??
 12-13-2012, 07:03 AMaway - #20
ThaLockerRoom 26 heat pts26

  d 
space
$1,167 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Shizz
1st You going about "Wanting to learn to f!ght" the wrong way... As dude said you will get your a$s handed to you more ways then one thinking that way... look up the :GET IN MY GUARD: videos on you tube.

But if you learning how to defend yourself, that would be a better reason ( No the two are not the same) You wont understand until you start learning something...


You need to know what you are studing the sport for first, because if you come to my gym telling me that story... I put you to sleep and leave you in a corner or dark ally somewhere....

What you gonna do?? come back for more??
i get where you're coming from but people need 2 quit actin like its so dishonorable to want to learn martial arts so that you can whoop someone's azz. Not like dude said he wanted to go out and lump someone up, just wants to be prepared if he has to.
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  First Look at Vision from Avengers: Age of Ultron (Ha..
69 comments
Video inside  The Walking Dead Season 5 Trailer
50 comments
Image inside  last of us remastered new taunt
62 comments
 NFL Justin Blackmon Arrest Video - "this Is Gonna Be ...
New reply 12 seconds ago - 90 comments - by ZeusSlaps
 Image(s) inside How Smart Are You Bx Niggas!
New reply 24 minutes ago - 139 comments - by kingdavid22
  Jul 24 - The Top 10 Most Happy And Un-happy Cities In ...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 114 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Image(s) inside Fif Bout To Fire This Ungrateful Negro Jack Thriller
New reply 38 minutes ago - 67 comments - by Xaiv
 NBA Sources: They About To Get Stephen A Smith Out Of Here
New reply 12 minutes ago - 367 comments - by 44wade
 NBA Chris Paul: Boycott A Real Possibility
New reply 39 minutes ago - 55 comments - by BlackBreesus
  French Montana: "all Lyrical Rappers I Know Are B...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 164 comments - by reelife
 NFL Rg3 Can't Connect With Djax At Training Camp
New reply 42 minutes ago - 78 comments - by JucoLegend

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,755 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.