This is BX @ Boxden.com

I need a new Workout/Diet plan

I need a new Workout/Diet plan
topic by Poloi3eai2 - 06-06-2011, 08:45 AM - Boxden > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

I just finished a 4 week workout plan I found in Mens Health but now I need a new workout plan. My goal is to lose 10 pounds so I'm more focused on fat loss than bulking up. I did the Abs Diet plan before and it worked well for me but I'll probably get bored if I do that plan again. What's a good detailed plan I can follow that will help me lose weight?

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

5 comments for "I need a new Workout/Diet plan"

06-06-2011, 09:14 AMaway - #2
Poloi3eai2 

d 
space
$2,978 | 3157076
I've been eating healthy and working out for past 2 months but I need a specific plan with detailed steps to follow instead of just going after the general goal of "eating healthy and working out." So I know how hard I need to push myself to achieve that goal.
 06-06-2011, 10:07 AMaway - #3
jackedNtan 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,844 | 10469671
eat whatever you want but count your calories. no need for a drastic lifestyle change. try 1800 cals a day for a week. if, by the end of the week, you lose a few pounds, stick with it for another week. if you stay at the same weight after a week (or gain weight), add cardio, lower the calories, or both. do this until you reach your goal.

eating healthy foods allows you to eat a greater volume of food since most healthy foods are low in calories (vegetables and most fruits).

if you decide to add cardio, make sure it's effective. utilize the legs for an extended period of time (walking, jogging, running).

it's all about calories in vs calories out.
 06-06-2011, 11:15 AMaway - #4
illathruz 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$5,165 | POWERFUL
I have a diet/workout plan for you. You will have to fill in the blanks for yourself and if you don't do it everyday it won't work. I agree with they people above and it really starts with you.

Step 1 - create a life schedule
start by creating a daily schedule that ensures that you get at least 8 hours of sleep and fit in your other necessary activities (relaxing and browsing the internet doesn't count). then add in your exercise regimen. the more time you can work out, the better. in my opinion, you should aim for at the very least 1 hour a day.

Step 2 - choose your exercise regimen
I like to do cardio, yoga, and calisthenics (body weight exercises). can you do any pullups. if not, you should be able to. i like to do things that i could do if i were stuck on a desert island. it shouldn't cost much money to be healthy. i would advise you get a jump rope, pullup bar, and scale however (total cost about $50)

Step 3 - calculate your calories burned.
using your schedule, calculate how many calories you burn in a 24 hour period with your given weight. here is a good place to get those number () without these numbers, all your effort will be in vein

Step 4 - select your diet ahead of time
never not know what you are going to eat. its the easiest way to take in too many calories. you should know exactly what you will eat a week in advance. based on your calories burned per day, aim to consume less. The average person takes in 2000. if you want to lose weight, only take in 1800 or less. It is important that you do not starve yourself!!! never go hungry!

Step 5 - watch how you eat
eat 300 calories 5 times a day. eat your bread, rice, pasta and heavy food in your first 3 meals. if you didn't make it, don't eat. prepared food is a path to failure. if you are worried about your weight, chances are your sodium and cholesterol are also too high. eat a lot of fruit and vegetables. when i first changed my diet, I went 24 hours without eating. when i finally did eat, i only ate healthy food. by doing this i kinda tricked myself into realizing the beauty of real food. lunch meats and chips are the devil!

Step 6 - chart your progress. keep a journal of every calorie you burn and every calorie you take in.

Step 7 - do all of this for a few weeks, a month, for the rest of your life

Step 8 - stop charting your progress. eventually, you will become natural again. you wont have to watch your intake so precisely because its now been ingrained in your psyche.

There is no magic diet/workout. There is only the proper and improper way of living. If you think a snack here and a snack there won't hurt, you are wrong. If you think you can just work out and eat whatever you want, you are wrong. If you think you can take a day off working out, you are wrong. There is no such thing as resting when it comes to living right.
 06-06-2011, 12:25 PMaway - #5
tech5c 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$3,057 | POWERFUL

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL Bills center Eric Wood says NFL teams are avoiding signi..
79 comments
NFL Alex Smith got paid
60 comments
NFL Rams will NOT add Michael Sam to practice squad
76 comments
 Article inside Drake Signs Ilovemakonnen To Ovo
New reply 4 minutes ago - 139 comments - by PotheadFocker
 NFL No Bias: Cam, Kaep Or Rivers?
New reply 9 minutes ago - 69 comments - by b_eazy
 NBA Lakers Could Trade Julius Randle For Rajon Rondo
New reply 5 minutes ago - 53 comments - by italiansteve
 Image(s) inside Apparently Dude "tried" To Snatch Quavo (mig...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 207 comments - by Just Jimmy
 Image(s) inside Saw This Sh-t On The News Today...i Went To High Schoo...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 77 comments - by bunnz17
 Video inside This Just In: Hitman Holla Was In A Bad Car Accident
New reply 22 minutes ago - 63 comments - by Guvnor
  Aug 31 - Breaking: Celebrity Nude Leak
New reply 8 minutes ago - 387 comments - by AlienGod
 NFL Rgiii: "we Fixed What We Needed To Fix On Offense...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 52 comments - by rayraysray

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.