Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

How much chocolate milk should I drink post-workout (Cardio/weights)?

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
114 viewing
 Image inside Meet The Reason Why You Canít Cop Air Jordans Anym..
65 comments
most viewed right now
114 viewing
 Image inside Amber Rose Selfie On Instagram  
35 comments

top in section
22 viewing
NBA Larry Legend Sends Shots At Dominique Wilkins Prior Unvei..
top in sports
top in section
78 viewing
 Article inside Kim Kardashian Says She Has Sex "500 Times a Day" Wi..
top in hiphop

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Ľ Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 How much chocolate milk should I drink post-workout (Cardio/weights)?
topic by CuZzA - 01-04-2011, 08:55 AM


How much chocolate milk should I drink post-workout? Would it differ after a cardio workout and a weightlifting workout?



61 comments for "How much chocolate milk should I drink post-workout (Cardio/weights)?"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


 01-04-2011, 09:05 AMaway - #2
LowaEastSide5 130 heat pts130 space
avatar
space
$23,386 | POWERFUL
protein chocolate milk?
 01-04-2011, 09:16 AMaway - #3
Rubix  space
avatar
space
$8,101 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Gattsau
0......eat a balanced meal
Chocolate milk is one of the best post workout drinks u can take. It has a good mix of simple carbs/protein and fat. Nothing wrong with drinking choc milk then eating ur meal...in fact, a lot of trainers recommend it.

On that note, I just drink a cup.
 01-04-2011, 09:26 AMaway - #4
CuZzA 17 heat pts17 space
avatar
space
$4,216 | 20067530
Originally Posted by Gattsau
0......eat a balanced meal



I do eat a balanced meal. And if you knew your stuff...

Originally Posted by Rubix
Chocolate milk is one of the best post workout drinks u can take. It has a good mix of simple carbs/protein and fat. Nothing wrong with drinking choc milk then eating ur meal...in fact, a lot of trainers recommend it.
...you'd know that this is legit.

Cheers bro.


Props.
 01-04-2011, 01:05 PMaway - #5
CuZzA 17 heat pts17 space
avatar
space
$4,216 | 20067530
Man, you k!lled your argument at:

be my guest and have 4 glasses of choclate milk post workout instead of eating a healthy meal
How about 200ml of chocolate milk, as much water as you want/need and a healthy meal?

What you also might not know is that I posted a thread here a few days ago about the mental addiction I have to chocolate. Someone suggested a chocolate flavoured protein shake, but that costs a lot considering I forked out a lot on a massive tub of that nasty ON Cookie & Cream stuff.
 01-04-2011, 01:13 PMaway - #6
Rubix  space
avatar
space
$8,101 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Gattsau
Who cares what alot of "trainers" recommend . Ive heard trainers tell people post workout to eat a muscle milk bar



Its not that legit. Maybe you need to learn more about nutrtion. Choclate milk is not good for you. Just because something has carbs and protein does not mean it is good for you. If you come home and have a blaanced meal with a glass of water it will be 1000x Greater than drinking some f**king choclate milk postworkout dips**t. I mean your asking how much choclate milk you should have post workout. But hey if you enjoy adding nasty generic chemicals to your body be my guest and have 4 glasses of choclate milk post workout instead of eating a healthy meal .
After a workout, you would want to replenish glycogen stores. The simple carbs in choc milk will do that for u. It also has a great ratio of carbs/protein/fats. U want more info, use google.

And why should somebody take advice from some lame a.ss n*gga like yourself who only works the front desk of a gym? Lol, gtfo. Nobody is saying to drink a glass of chocolate milk over eating a meal u illiterate f**k. But there's is absolutely nothing wrong with drinking a cup of chocolate milk before eating ur meal.
 01-04-2011, 01:17 PMaway - #7
Rubix  space
avatar
space
$8,101 | POWERFUL
Post-Workout Drinks

When it's time to choose a liquid chug after a long, tough workout, there's a slew of options out there. Water? Gatorade, POWERade, or All Sport? Endurox R4? Physiologist Joel Stager, director of the Human Performance laboratory at Indiana University, has even one more potential workout recovery drink to add to the list: chocolate milk. His latest study, published in this month's International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, names this kids' favorite an optimal post-exercise recovery aid.

Before your stomach recoils, take a look at chocolate milk's ingredient list. For a high-endurance athlete, Stager's team sees it as a catch-all workout recovery drink. Compared to plain milk, water, or most sports drinks, it has double the carbohydrate and protein content, perfect for replenishing tired muscles. Its high water content replaces fluids lost as sweat, preventing dehydration. Plus it packs a nutritional bonus of calcium, and includes just a little sodium and sugar -- additives*that help recovering athletes retain water and regain energy.*

Drinking plain water after exercise replaces sweat losses -- and that's it. "Chocolate milk provides carbohydrate replenishment to your muscles -- something they can metabolize," said Jason Karp, MS, another researcher for this study. "There's nothing to metabolize in water."*

Stager's a.ssessment of chocolate milk is even simpler. "It's water plus a whole lot more," he said.

The Case for Carbs

Ready to switch your bottled water for chocolate milk? a.ssess your workout level first. Downing a post-workout beverage chock-full of carbohydrates isn't just for the weekend tennis player, said Stager -- and that's key. A drink like chocolate milk is most useful to a cyclist, swimmer, or long-distance runner. These sports stress high endurance levels and constant, sustained movement. Competing athletes need high levels of calories, carbs, and protein to sustain that level of performance.

Stager tested out chocolate milk's performance as a workout recovery drink on nine cyclists. In his lab, each athlete biked until exhaustion, and then rested for four hours. During this break, each consumed low-fat chocolate milk, Gatorade, or the high-carbohydrate sports drink Endurox R4. Afterward, they cycled to exhaustion again.

The results were positive. His research team concluded that the athletes who consumed chocolate milk performed just as well or better as those who drank the other beverages. The high carb and protein content in milk make it an incredibly effective recovery drink, Stager said -- even though it's never been marketed as one.

....But let's all listen to the guy that swipes people's cards at the front desk.
 01-04-2011, 01:25 PMaway - #8
Rubix  space
avatar
space
$8,101 | POWERFUL
Please provide some articles backed with sources that says a glass of milk a day is unhealthy. Save your retarded conspiracy theorists bulls**t for the knowledge corner.
 01-04-2011, 01:33 PMaway - #9
Sid 6point7 40 heat pts40 space
avatar
space
$18,868 | POWERFUL
always heard that chocolate milk was good for you post work out...

google "is chocolate milk" and tell me what comes up
 01-04-2011, 01:50 PMaway - #10
Sid 6point7 40 heat pts40 space
avatar
space
$18,868 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Gattsau


YOu can google "is coconut oil bad for you" and get hits, doesnt make it true.
well what happens when you google it? the first search that wants to come up? "is chocolate milk good for you" ...then it goes on to list several sites and sources that back up the chocolate milk being healthy, and saying its good after workouts too.

the second search that wants to come up, "is chocolate milk good after a workout" boasts even more positive statistical information related to the topic.

the third search "is chocolate milk bad for you" comes up and can't seem to give a straight answer, and beats around the bush, coming back full circle saying that it's healthy for you again.

but youre right, its just google.
 01-04-2011, 03:23 PMaway - #11
CuZzA 17 heat pts17 space
avatar
space
$4,216 | 20067530
Originally Posted by Gattsau
and milk is bad for u
 01-04-2011, 03:25 PMaway - #12
Just1Spark  space
avatar
space
$2,175 | 7379531
Originally Posted by Gattsau
@ conspricay theories pasturized milk is horrible for you.

you are clueless no wonder uve attacked me with such spite.



its a fact not a theory that raw milk is better for u but go with what they push in magazines.





Keep listening to those trainers though.
Your guy in the 2nd video says milk's bad because most cows carry disease and are injected with grow hormones. So wouldn't raw unpasteurized milk be the worst kind of milk to drink?? We pasteurize our milk for THAT very reason u rehtard.
 01-04-2011, 03:33 PMaway - #13
Rubix  space
avatar
space
$8,101 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Just1Spark
Your guy in the 2nd video says milk's bad because most cows carry disease and are injected with grow hormones. So wouldn't raw unpasteurized milk be the worst kind of milk to drink?? We pasteurize our milk for THAT very reason u rehtard.
I'll save him some time from posting: "you're[sic] post is not legit."
 01-04-2011, 04:20 PMaway - #14
CuZzA 17 heat pts17 space
avatar
space
$4,216 | 20067530
Originally Posted by Gattsau
sigh. U do know organic raw milk comes from grass feed cows that are given no hgh. Look up the history and see health related issues rise. All the nutrients from milk are gone. Keep listening to the fda.
Stop talking about f**king cows and get me a glass of milk.

 01-04-2011, 05:17 PMaway - #15
ManOfSteel23 28 heat pts28 space
avatar
space
$2,962 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Gattsau
Reg pasturized milk is horrible for u. I said eat a balanced meal........with water its all u need.
Damn no milk, no protein supps... what are your lifting stats looking like?
 01-04-2011, 05:20 PMaway - #16
CuZzA 17 heat pts17 space
avatar
space
$4,216 | 20067530
Originally Posted by ManOfSteel23
Damn no milk, no protein supps... what are your lifting stats looking like?
About 300 reps of picking up and swiping people's membership cards at the front desk of his local gym.
 01-04-2011, 05:32 PMaway - #17
ManOfSteel23 28 heat pts28 space
avatar
space
$2,962 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by CuZzA
About 300 reps of picking up and swiping people's membership cards at the front desk of his local gym.
 01-04-2011, 05:43 PMaway - #18
Spiffy 34 heat pts34 space
avatar
space
$20,022 | POWERFUL
around 8 ounces should be fine.

I usually drink dextrose after workout to get that sweet taste, it helps spike your intake d
 01-04-2011, 06:16 PMaway - #19
ManOfSteel23 28 heat pts28 space
avatar
space
$2,962 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Gattsau
Wow yall really think protein shakes will help u lift more than real food? Come on bigs stop reading muscle and fitness. You do not need any of that if u have a good diet stay away from msg. Look it up if you don't believe me. It's horrible for u and I haven't even mentioned the suraclose or the fact its from sick grain fed cows.
You didn't answer the question...


BX is going to need video proof, pictures, witness testimonies and a "No Milk Needed" labeled paper taped on your shirt.

The clock is ticking.
 01-04-2011, 06:24 PMaway - #20
Spiffy 34 heat pts34 space
avatar
space
$20,022 | POWERFUL
natural foods > shakes and pills
 

Home > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
53 viewing
Video inside 50 Cent Speaks On His Son's $700k Deal, The Beast E..
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
42 viewing
Image inside Selena Gomez Looking Good Out & About In Los Angeles
22 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
27 viewing
Article inside This is the Article Dame Referred to when he spok..
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Article inside Joe Montana Football 16 will be a Xbox One/PC Exc..
174 comments
@games
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Image inside She thick though  
30 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Image inside Joanna Marie  
30 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Image inside Mar 5 - Science Explains Why Men Like Women With C..
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Video inside Massive Amounts Of Daddy Longlegs Take Over A Home ..
52 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Guy smokes weed and decides its a good time to suck off a ..
88 comments
@wild'ish


contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time.