This is BX @ Boxden.com

How many times a day should i take whey protein? and when?

How many times a day should i take whey protein? and when?
topic by SqUaD UP 2445 - 08-01-2005, 06:30 PM - Boxden > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

^^^ any suggestions are appreciated

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

13 comments for "How many times a day should i take whey protein? and when?"

08-01-2005, 06:44 PMaway - #2
CrazyAzzBoi 

d 
space
$703 | 60842
dont buy shyt if u dont know how 2 use it u dumb fuk

j/k

i need 2 know 2
 08-01-2005, 06:46 PMaway - #3
SqUaD UP 2445 

d 
space
$1,137 | 13488
Originally Posted by CrazyAzzBoi
dont buy shyt if u dont know how 2 use it u dumb fuk

j/k

i need 2 know 2
dagg i was one second away from the hate button lol nah these products are dumb they dont have instructions on the lable, i pay 30bucks i wanna know how to use it ya know
 08-01-2005, 07:26 PM - #4
Change 

d 
space
$n/a |
i heard it was 3 times a day but i aint too sure...

Last edited by Change; 08-02-2005 at 07:17 PM..
 08-01-2005, 07:47 PMaway - #5
kicker1384 

d 
space
$446 | 20215
depends. If you eat a lot of protein then just one or two shakes a day will do. If you are a serious lifter i recomend taking in around 1.3-1.7 grams of protein for every lb. of body weight. To start i'd recomend a shake in the morning(if you eat a big breakfast, take one shake around 2 hours after breakfast), and no more than 30 min. after a workout as thats the time where your body needs protein the most.
 08-01-2005, 08:09 PMaway - #6
rondostar 

d 
space
$259 | 217364
Originally Posted by kicker1384
depends. If you eat a lot of protein then just one or two shakes a day will do. If you are a serious lifter i recomend taking in around 1.3-1.7 grams of protein for every lb. of body weight. To start i'd recomend a shake in the morning(if you eat a big breakfast, take one shake around 2 hours after breakfast), and no more than 30 min. after a workout as thats the time where your body needs protein the most.

This dude's on point.

You should think of the supplement as exactly what it is - a supplement.

How much you need depends on how much protein you're getting from other sources.

I agree with kicker's recommendation for the best times to drink em.
 08-01-2005, 09:14 PMaway - #7
sirhc2077 

d 
space
$418 | 721675
it says on my on whey that u need to have 1 gram of protien per pound of body weight. If you weigh 200 than u need about 7 shakes a day if you eat nothing else. also you can only absorb 30 grams of protein in one hour. Other foods have protein so dont take 7 shakes or the sugar in it (if there is sugar) may turn to fat
 08-01-2005, 09:29 PMaway - #8
couplewords 

d 
space
$1,074 | 0
i got some experience with this...As a rule you should shoot for a gram of protein for every pound you weight. But all that protein shouldn't come from protein powder. So depending on your body weight is how much you should get from the supplement. But never go over 150 grams a day from just protein powder- It was over tax your kidneys. The most important time to have one is about an hour before you start your lifting workout. (I weight 200..I take two scoops with soy milk-Which equals about 50grams). And the other one or two times you take it is up to you. Your breakfast meal is the most important of the day..so if your not eatin enough lean meat then...take your other shake then. And you also need to drink at least a half gallon of water a day while your taking the shakes...hope that helps
 08-02-2005, 01:06 AMaway - #9
kicker1384 

d 
space
$446 | 20215
Actually, the most important meals a day are breakfast and post workout. Post workout is the best time to have a shake because its easier to break down than protein from meat and that is important at a time when your muscles need it the most to rebuild. You are not gonna get protein from shakes alone so there is no need to even talk about that. Protein comes from lots and lots of different things so you will get some, but if you are trying to gain weight and are lifting hard most experience lifters recomend more than just 1 gram per lb. of body weight, thus the 1.3-1.7 gram estimate..Any other questions just PM me and i'll see what i can do.
 08-02-2005, 01:10 AMaway - #10
netjunkie 

d 
space
$217 | 225677
The question is what are your goals... If you want to get big, go for three scoops a day. (depending on the amount of protein you have per scoop).

Morning: 2 scoops

Evening: or after workout 2 scoops

Bed time: 2 scoops right before bed

*just a suggestion*

Spread your intake out 3-5 hours.
 08-02-2005, 02:36 PMaway - #11
Daddy's Home... 

d 
space
$1,207 | 949578
kicker is on point here... Whey protein isolate is absorbed a lot faster than protein found in meat so it's more effective post-workout... And breakfast tends to be the meal people get the least protein wit, so a little scoop there could be recommended...

You could also add a 3rd serving before bedtime if you're not getting protein then, to make sure your body isn't starved of protein during the night...

Also, measuring protein per pound of bodyweight is kinda pointless, as only your muscle mass can put it to use (I been doing that sh#t too tho)... The fat on your body can't use the protein for anything, so why use it as a base... Using your LBM as a base, you'll get a more accurate protein estimate, not perfect, but more accurate...

Example, a 300 pound dude wit an LBM of 200 pounds (30% bf) won't need 600 grams of protein (2 grams per pound of bodyweight), but rather 400 (2 grams per pound of LBM), as the fat is completely irrelevant in this process...

That's just me ranting tho... Ignore if you wish...
 08-02-2005, 02:58 PMaway - #12
CrazyAzzBoi 

d 
space
$703 | 60842
Originally Posted by Daddy's Home...
kicker is on point here... Whey protein isolate is absorbed a lot faster than protein found in meat so it's more effective post-workout... And breakfast tends to be the meal people get the least protein wit, so a little scoop there could be recommended...

You could also add a 3rd serving before bedtime if you're not getting protein then, to make sure your body isn't starved of protein during the night...

Also, measuring protein per pound of bodyweight is kinda pointless, as only your muscle mass can put it to use (I been doing that sh#t too tho)... The fat on your body can't use the protein for anything, so why use it as a base... Using your LBM as a base, you'll get a more accurate protein estimate, not perfect, but more accurate...

Example, a 300 pound dude wit an LBM of 200 pounds (30% bf) won't need 600 grams of protein (2 grams per pound of bodyweight), but rather 400 (2 grams per pound of LBM), as the fat is completely irrelevant in this process...

That's just me ranting tho... Ignore if you wish...
i will

j/k but if u dont know ur bf then wat shud u do
 08-02-2005, 03:01 PMaway - #13
Daddy's Home... 

d 
space
$1,207 | 949578
Measure it... Or make an educated guess...

General rule, if you can see your abs, you're prolly -13% somewhere...
 08-02-2005, 06:51 PMaway - #14
SqUaD UP 2445 

d 
space
$1,137 | 13488
Originally Posted by Daddy's Home...
Measure it... Or make an educated guess...

General rule, if you can see your abs, you're prolly -13% somewhere...
and dude said u dont know anything about supplements

good lookz, i appreciate it

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Oct 30 - Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'
53 comments
IGN Sunset Overdrive - Review Discussion
85 comments
How You Can Get a New PS4 for $275
173 comments
 Article inside Chicago Rapper Bandman Kevo Charged With With Being In...
New reply 4 seconds ago - 181 comments - by NoLastName
 NBA Miami Was Using That Fake Crowd Noise Last Night
New reply 20 minutes ago - 88 comments - by st21
  Best Rap Album Of 2014?
New reply 1 minute ago - 90 comments - by QB Eagles
 Video inside Throwback: Iggy Azalea Refuses To Freestyle On Sway In...
New reply 26 minutes ago - 72 comments - by The Bully
  Greatest Mixtape Or Mixtape Series Ever
New reply 2 minutes ago - 81 comments - by killa the goat
  Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta (prod. Soundwave X Thunder...
New reply 37 minutes ago - 79 comments - by mdemaz
 Image(s) inside Oct 28 - Life Under Obama Sucks. And These Numbers Pro...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 51 comments - by KFrizzle
 Image(s) inside Oct 29 - Aliens Are Real Reveals Former Area 51 Scient...
New reply 45 minutes ago - 197 comments - by Rick Ross

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,833 fans of BX | none new today 4,800 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.