Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

How many times a day should i take whey protein? and when?

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
58 viewing
Video inside Tinashe talks getting her pu**y slammed for the first time while watchi..
138 comments
most viewed right now
54 viewing
 Video inside Young Thug says he left Rich Gang and he's coming out with a Carter 5 M..
29 comments

top in section
21 viewing
May 26 - US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or ‘war will be inevitable’
top in news
top in section
25 viewing
 NBA Those NBA Finals hats are fire
top in sports

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 How many times a day should i take whey protein? and when?
Unread 10 years agoclass of '05 - away - #1
7330 pageviews
13 comments


SqUaD UP 2445  space
avatar space
HeArt ThRoB oF Da HoOd
space
$1,137 | 13488
^^^ any suggestions are appreciated
Reply With Quote

13 comments for "How many times a day should i take whey protein? and when?"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


Unread 10 years agoclass of '04 - away - #2
CrazyAzzBoi  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$703 | 60842
dont buy shyt if u dont know how 2 use it u dumb fuk












j/k

i need 2 know 2
Reply With Quote
Unread 10 years agoclass of '05 - away - #3
SqUaD UP 2445  space
avatar space
HeArt ThRoB oF Da HoOd
space
$1,137 | 13488
CrazyAzzBoi said:
dont buy shyt if u dont know how 2 use it u dumb fuk












j/k

i need 2 know 2
dagg i was one second away from the hate button lol nah these products are dumb they dont have instructions on the lable, i pay 30bucks i wanna know how to use it ya know
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2005, 07:26 PMclass of -  - #4
Change  space
avatar space
space
$n/a |
i heard it was 3 times a day but i aint too sure...

Last edited by Change; 08-02-2005 at 07:17 PM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 10 years agoclass of '04 - away - #5
kicker1384  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$446 | 20215
depends. If you eat a lot of protein then just one or two shakes a day will do. If you are a serious lifter i recomend taking in around 1.3-1.7 grams of protein for every lb. of body weight. To start i'd recomend a shake in the morning(if you eat a big breakfast, take one shake around 2 hours after breakfast), and no more than 30 min. after a workout as thats the time where your body needs protein the most.
Reply With Quote
Unread 10 years agoclass of '05 - away - #6
rondostar  space
avatar space
>>| Level
space
$259 | 217364
kicker1384 said:
depends. If you eat a lot of protein then just one or two shakes a day will do. If you are a serious lifter i recomend taking in around 1.3-1.7 grams of protein for every lb. of body weight. To start i'd recomend a shake in the morning(if you eat a big breakfast, take one shake around 2 hours after breakfast), and no more than 30 min. after a workout as thats the time where your body needs protein the most.

This dude's on point.

You should think of the supplement as exactly what it is - a supplement.

How much you need depends on how much protein you're getting from other sources.

I agree with kicker's recommendation for the best times to drink em.
Reply With Quote
Unread 10 years agoclass of '05 - away - #7
sirhc2077  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$418 | 721675
it says on my on whey that u need to have 1 gram of protien per pound of body weight. If you weigh 200 than u need about 7 shakes a day if you eat nothing else. also you can only absorb 30 grams of protein in one hour. Other foods have protein so dont take 7 shakes or the sugar in it (if there is sugar) may turn to fat
Reply With Quote
Unread 10 years agoclass of '05 - away - #8
couplewords  space
avatar space
Gift
space
$1,075 | 0
i got some experience with this...As a rule you should shoot for a gram of protein for every pound you weight. But all that protein shouldn't come from protein powder. So depending on your body weight is how much you should get from the supplement. But never go over 150 grams a day from just protein powder- It was over tax your kidneys. The most important time to have one is about an hour before you start your lifting workout. (I weight 200..I take two scoops with soy milk-Which equals about 50grams). And the other one or two times you take it is up to you. Your breakfast meal is the most important of the day..so if your not eatin enough lean meat then...take your other shake then. And you also need to drink at least a half gallon of water a day while your taking the shakes...hope that helps
Reply With Quote
Unread 10 years agoclass of '04 - away - #9
kicker1384  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$446 | 20215
Actually, the most important meals a day are breakfast and post workout. Post workout is the best time to have a shake because its easier to break down than protein from meat and that is important at a time when your muscles need it the most to rebuild. You are not gonna get protein from shakes alone so there is no need to even talk about that. Protein comes from lots and lots of different things so you will get some, but if you are trying to gain weight and are lifting hard most experience lifters recomend more than just 1 gram per lb. of body weight, thus the 1.3-1.7 gram estimate..Any other questions just PM me and i'll see what i can do.
Reply With Quote
Unread 10 years agoclass of '04 - away - #10
netjunkie  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$217 | 225677
The question is what are your goals... If you want to get big, go for three scoops a day. (depending on the amount of protein you have per scoop).

Morning: 2 scoops

Evening: or after workout 2 scoops

Bed time: 2 scoops right before bed

*just a suggestion*

Spread your intake out 3-5 hours.
Reply With Quote
Unread 10 years agoclass of '05 - away - #11
Daddy's Home...  space
avatar space
The habitual line-stepper
space
$1,207 | 949578
kicker is on point here... Whey protein isolate is absorbed a lot faster than protein found in meat so it's more effective post-workout... And breakfast tends to be the meal people get the least protein wit, so a little scoop there could be recommended...

You could also add a 3rd serving before bedtime if you're not getting protein then, to make sure your body isn't starved of protein during the night...

Also, measuring protein per pound of bodyweight is kinda pointless, as only your muscle mass can put it to use (I been doing that sh*t too tho)... The fat on your body can't use the protein for anything, so why use it as a base... Using your LBM as a base, you'll get a more accurate protein estimate, not perfect, but more accurate...

Example, a 300 pound dude wit an LBM of 200 pounds (30% bf) won't need 600 grams of protein (2 grams per pound of bodyweight), but rather 400 (2 grams per pound of LBM), as the fat is completely irrelevant in this process...

That's just me ranting tho... Ignore if you wish...
Reply With Quote
Unread 10 years agoclass of '04 - away - #12
CrazyAzzBoi  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$703 | 60842
Daddy's Home... said:
kicker is on point here... Whey protein isolate is absorbed a lot faster than protein found in meat so it's more effective post-workout... And breakfast tends to be the meal people get the least protein wit, so a little scoop there could be recommended...

You could also add a 3rd serving before bedtime if you're not getting protein then, to make sure your body isn't starved of protein during the night...

Also, measuring protein per pound of bodyweight is kinda pointless, as only your muscle mass can put it to use (I been doing that sh*t too tho)... The fat on your body can't use the protein for anything, so why use it as a base... Using your LBM as a base, you'll get a more accurate protein estimate, not perfect, but more accurate...

Example, a 300 pound dude wit an LBM of 200 pounds (30% bf) won't need 600 grams of protein (2 grams per pound of bodyweight), but rather 400 (2 grams per pound of LBM), as the fat is completely irrelevant in this process...

That's just me ranting tho... Ignore if you wish...
i will


j/k but if u dont know ur bf then wat shud u do
Reply With Quote
Unread 10 years agoclass of '05 - away - #13
Daddy's Home...  space
avatar space
The habitual line-stepper
space
$1,207 | 949578
Measure it... Or make an educated guess...

General rule, if you can see your abs, you're prolly -13% somewhere...
Reply With Quote
Unread 10 years agoclass of '05 - away - #14
SqUaD UP 2445  space
avatar space
HeArt ThRoB oF Da HoOd
space
$1,137 | 13488
Daddy's Home... said:
Measure it... Or make an educated guess...

General rule, if you can see your abs, you're prolly -13% somewhere...
and dude said u dont know anything about supplements

good lookz, i appreciate it
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > The BX Gym
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
24 viewing
Image inside was it only a matter of time before mentally challenged people started..
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
NBA Warriors VS Cavs Finals Will Be More Predictable Than Mayweather/Pacquio F..
144 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside Virginia Mom Arrested For Leaving 8 Y.O. Home Alone While She Got Turn..
130 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Goku vs Superman - Flipbook Animation
69 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Asap Rocky - At.Long.Last.A$AP (Official Anticipation/Discussion Thread) (June..
456 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Video inside Lil Scrappy Taste Tests Dame Dash Son "Chipz Cookies" and Gives Honest ..
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Image inside Young thug confirmed gay
423 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Video inside Just a Beautiful Day in Chicago....
94 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
3 viewing
Image inside May 25 - Megan Connors, Sexy 30-Year Old Math Teacher Smashes Students..
82 comments
@news

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time