This is BX @ Boxden.com

How do I keep my burgers juicy? :noahohno:

How do I keep my burgers juicy? :noahohno:
topic by Zaosyn - 04-02-2012, 04:49 PM - Boxden > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

I'm a great cook, my aunt taught me the basics of cooking a good chicken bre@st a few years ago and after that I pretty much took off and learned alot of #### through trial and error, most of the #### I make are low-carb alternatives and #### BUT one thing I can't grasp at all is how to cook a burger, I've tried grilling one, cooking one on the stove and even steaming one and the #### always come out dry as #### > How do I keep my burgers juicy? :noahohno: - Photo posted in The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition | Sign in and leave a comment below!

I use lean beef usually something like 93/7 (93% beef, 7% fat) and I heard having low fat makes a dry burger so maybe I'll just buy fattier ground beef? Still, doesn't seem like that alone would cause my burger to be dry. Is there any secrets you guys do to keep your burger moist? Would stuff like BBQ sauce keep it coated and juicer?

I'm tired of eating dry a$s cactus burgers > How do I keep my burgers juicy? :noahohno: - Photo posted in The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition | Sign in and leave a comment below!

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

43 comments for "How do I keep my burgers juicy? :noahohno:"

04-02-2012, 05:02 PMaway - #2
.amberlamps. 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$24,938 | POWERFUL
Make 3/4 inch burger patties with a thumb print in the middle (think belly button), cook in medium heat flipping the burger several times so they don't stick. Until you get the hang of cooking the burger right get a knife and cut into the burger to check if it's cooked right (remember hamburger beef has to be cooked thoroughly).

Cooking on medium heat is the key though.

*don't forget to season the patties, whatever favorite spices and salts.
 04-02-2012, 07:49 PMaway - #3
Sammyboi22 

d 
space
$13,037 | POWERFUL
Grill them. Dont over flip it. Use 85/15 beef.
 04-02-2012, 08:00 PMonline - #4
Ghost Terp 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$12,709 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by S.TEX
Make 3/4 inch burger patties with a thumb print in the middle (think belly button), cook in medium heat flipping the burger several times so they don't stick. Until you get the hang of cooking the burger right get a knife and cut into the burger to check if it's cooked right (remember hamburger beef has to be cooked thoroughly).

Cooking on medium heat is the key though.

*don't forget to season the patties, whatever favorite spices and salts.

This...

except the flipping your burger several times part
 04-02-2012, 08:09 PMaway - #5
A.G 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$36,404 | POWERFUL
very lean meat is dry.. You could try to add an egg to your mix or some canned crushed tomatoes.. Also less salt.

I just grin & bear it though, since I've found the most juicy burgers are made from medium ground beef. I usually buy 96/4.

I'm not sure what you put in yours, but mine typically consists of:

Beef (obviously)
cayenne peppers
Worcestershire sauce
salt/black pepper
grated onion
dry mustard
garlic powder
a bit of bread crumbs
1 egg

And from my experience, it's better to cook them faster instead of letting them sit for a while on the grill.
 04-02-2012, 09:29 PMaway - #6
Chewbacca 

d 
space
$236 | 800654
Originally Posted by Zaosyn

I'm tired of eating dry a$s cactus burgers

04-02-2012, 10:44 PMaway - #7
KidKingGoD 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,399 | 16098399
Originally Posted by Zaosyn

I'm tired of eating dry a$s cactus burgers
 04-02-2012, 11:11 PMonline - #8
pnoi89 2 heat pts

d 
space
$7,329 | POWERFUL
Cook it rare. That'll give it some juice.
 04-02-2012, 11:35 PMaway - #9
Sammyboi22 

d 
space
$13,037 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by A.G
very lean meat is dry.. You could try to add an egg to your mix or some canned crushed tomatoes.. Also less salt.

I just grin & bear it though, since I've found the most juicy burgers are made from medium ground beef. I usually buy 96/4.

I'm not sure what you put in yours, but mine typically consists of:

Beef (obviously)
cayenne peppers
Worcestershire sauce
salt/black pepper
grated onion
dry mustard
garlic powder
a bit of bread crumbs
1 egg

And from my experience, it's better to cook them faster instead of letting them sit for a while on the grill.

That #### sounds like a mini meat loaf

I always do

Beef
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder

Throw it on the grill.
 04-02-2012, 11:41 PMaway - #10
WorldsStrangest 364 heat pts364

d 
space
$14,608 | POWERFUL
i need a foreman grill now.....i knew i should asked my mom that for christmas...
 04-03-2012, 01:07 AMonline - #11
Counterfeit215 9 heat pts

d 
space
$3,869 | 11975348
Beef doesn't need to be cooked all the way through. I prefer mine medium, slightly pink in the middle. Still nice and juicy. People overcook there meat all the time.. No homo
 04-03-2012, 01:13 AMaway - #12
A.G 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$36,404 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sammyboi22
That #### sounds like a mini meat loaf

I always do

Beef
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder

Throw it on the grill.
Obviously everything is in moderation.

But it tastes good, so I could really care less.
 04-03-2012, 02:26 AMonline - #13
Armen87 113 heat pts113

d 
space
$10,044 | POWERFUL
20% fat patties, get those from any local store. let it thaw. salt and black pepper is usually what i put, sometimes paprika, throw them on the grill and cook it on high heat so it doesn't get dry. you just gotta know the right time to take it off the grill.
 04-03-2012, 09:18 AMaway - #14
carden2 9 heat pts

d 
space
$11,725 | POWERFUL
dont use lean meat. get 80 or 85 like stated above that makes the best burgers.
 04-03-2012, 10:25 AMaway - #15
40ozHenny 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$2,544 | POWERFUL
The juice is from the fat-more fat=more juice. But cook them to medium rare and only flip once- resist the urge to push down on the patty as that will only take away the juice. The best way is to get a pan nice and hot on the stove, put a little oil in it and cook the burger in there only flipping it once and never pressing down. This will sear the outside and keep the juices locked in, the first bite will be best as the juices will come rushing out.
 04-03-2012, 03:44 PMaway - #16
Jacc Blacc 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$16,118 | POWERFUL
i been eating lean beef burgers (93/7) for about 2 years now...tried everything to make them juicy...one day my friend cooked some 85/15 burgers and i swear to god i almost busted a nutt in my pants........i tried everything...using injectors, using different marinate, letting it soak in juoces but at the end of the day its the fat that makes the burger juicy and mouth watering so i say stick with the 93/7 for everyday use but every now and then have yourself a 85/15 or 80/20 or something around that ratio

its like eating top round steak....its got the protein and got the right calories..#### is cool........but it cant and will never compare to a nystrip or ribeye...just fukking cant
 04-03-2012, 04:05 PMaway - #17
rek0nize 52 heat pts52

d 
space
$8,120 | POWERFUL
get 85/15 if you want to eat lean

That 90+ stuff is like boot leather.

Also let it sit in some Worcestershire sauce for about 20-30 before you cook them.
 04-04-2012, 11:18 AMaway - #18
Young_City414 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,363 | 3180243
Originally Posted by Counterfeit215
Beef doesn't need to be cooked all the way through. I prefer mine medium, slightly pink in the middle. Still nice and juicy. People overcook there meat all the time.. No homo
this man speaks the truth
 04-04-2012, 01:19 PMonline - #19
j_k1dd 8 heat pts

d 
space
$2,152 | 13173518
The key to making juicy burgers:

Raw Meat: The leaner, the dryer (But if you must, they will only take less than 6 minutes to cook.. Press till they are an inch thick (or a little bit smaller then the tips of your fingers). No fillers.

Cooking it: Medium Heat. On a grill, oil up the grill to allow nice easy flips. Nothing worse than having your burger sticking to the grill. You don't want the burger to cook off all the fat, you want it to just reach 160 degrees (this is the safe minimum temp to eat a burger). This will cook the burger well done. If its good grade meat, then it's safer to eat at medium, medium well cooked burgers. Salt and peper (or what ever seasoning you have/prefer) while you cook.

Flipping the burger: No more than 3x, 4 if your burger was not pressed properly and is cooking unevenly. 1:45-2:15 minutes each side (2:15 if its cooking unevenly). Do not cut into the burger to look how cooked it is (but is okay if you are just starting out, but once you get a feel for how to cook the meat then you will start to know just by timing). This releases the juices out of the burger. Don't press, don't tap, just season and flip.

Dressing the bun. Don't pile it. You got bottom and top buns to dress. but don't put lettuce on the bottom, unless you don't want to taste the burger until after a few bites. Sauces on both buns.

You're welcome.

Last edited by j_k1dd; 04-04-2012 at 02:55 PM..
 04-04-2012, 08:25 PMaway - #20
2godflow 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$13,270 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by WorldsStrangest
i need a foreman grill now.....i knew i should asked my mom that for christmas...
they only cost like $20

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Jul 27 - Your ‘pure’ bottled water contains added chemicals and..
57 comments
Image inside  Beautiful Mixed MaMi Miss Kara Kara
54 comments
Video inside  Rainbow Six: Siege MP Gameplay Video
60 comments
 NBA Lebron James Going Back To Number 23
New reply 3 minutes ago - 180 comments - by MGz
 audio inside Bobby Shmurda - Hot Nigga (itunes Update)
New reply 13 minutes ago - 61 comments - by Agentzer0oo0
 Image(s) inside What's Your Favorite Drink From The Freestyle Coca Col...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 97 comments - by EscoNore
 NFL Jets’ Dee Milliner: I’m The Best Cornerback In The Nfl
New reply 19 minutes ago - 51 comments - by italiansteve
  Jul 26 - I’ve Worked At Mcdonald’s For 10 Years And St...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 303 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
  Fab Tucced His Chain In Detroit Fuccin Wit Vezzo And T...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 135 comments - by SavageMitten
 NBA Kobe Bryant Gets White Girls Juices Flowing (nicole Ri...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 69 comments - by lilbeast
 Video inside Batman V Superman Comic-con Trailer
New reply 25 minutes ago - 111 comments - by SM

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,757 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.