Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Home Gym or Pay for a membership

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
266 viewing
 MMA UFC 190: Rousey vs. Correia
1158 comments
most viewed right now
172 viewing
 Image inside Meek Mill Fan Leaves The Realest Comment About His Beef With Drake On ..
42 comments

top in section
48 viewing
 Image inside Kylita Jimenez looking right in these pics
top in eyecandy
top in section
28 viewing
Aug 1 - Text reveals Subway’s Jared paid 16-year-old for sex
top in news

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Home Gym or Pay for a membership
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #1
1661 pageviews
27 comments

Tonero 2 heat pts space
**nUKKA**
space
$4,104 | 7587204
Im a few weeks away from finishing my degree. I wont get to use free gym facilities so i want to buy some equipment at home.

I was thinking of getting a bench press with four 45 plates to starts(My current upper limit)

Other than dumbbells, what other equipment will be good for the crib?

27 comments for "Home Gym or Pay for a membership"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #2
nightmare 429 heat pts429 space
space
$13,052 | POWERFUL
a pull up bar

sh*t honestly, all u really need is the bench, some dumbbells and the rest can be calisthenics and you would be beasting off of that
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #3
ThaLockerRoom 27 heat pts27 space
Everything Custom!
space
$1,273 | POWERFUL
nightmare said:
a pull up bar

sh*t honestly, all u really need is the bench, some dumbbells and the rest can be calisthenics and you would be beasting off of that
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #4
richardgil 1 heat pts space
space
$763 | 2735231
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #5
MyStYlEaRt  space
space
$3,232 | 7732763
Do a gym bro. For most people you need that motivation so I'd go with a gym. I too first got a home gym and thought I'd be motivated enough to use it. Probably used it 3 times in the past 5 years. Thing I like about the gym is you pay monthly so that alone motivates my cheap a.ss. Plus you can ask others for advice about working out. The girls at the gym usually serve as motivation also.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #6
Tonero 2 heat pts space
**nUKKA**
space
$4,104 | 7587204
MyStYlEaRt said:
Do a gym bro. For most people you need that motivation so I'd go with a gym. I too first got a home gym and thought I'd be motivated enough to use it. Probably used it 3 times in the past 5 years. Thing I like about the gym is you pay monthly so that alone motivates my cheap a.ss. Plus you can ask others for advice about working out. The girls at the gym usually serve as motivation also.
Hmm going to the gym is barely motivational for me. Especially since i started reaching my upper limits.

Im really planning on the home gym so i can do some weights every morning or every other morning isntead of going hard at the gym once every week.

I will still goto a public gym tho. To play soccer or some ball and swim.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #7
Tonero 2 heat pts space
**nUKKA**
space
$4,104 | 7587204
richardgil said:
Dayum that machine looks ill. But i wont have alot of room once i move to my apartment or basement so no chance. Shipping will be a bi*ch too
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #8
lboog1423 228 heat pts228 space
G.O.A.T
space
$23,269 | POWERFUL
avy check

who dat
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #9
kounterfit21  space
space
$474 | 2836605
nightmare said:
a pull up bar

and a squat rack too (or squat rack with a built in pull up bar), if it's in your budget
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #10
realgunta 678 heat pts678 space
www.allkinating.com
space
$14,164 | POWERFUL
for me i say home gym.

i have a flat bench and a pair of bowflex selectech dumbells and its basically allows me to do everything i need at home

***if you lose motivation quick......a home gym is not for u and i suggest u go to an actual gym. Also its farr cheaper in the end to own a home gym , opposed to having to pay for gym memberships over n over
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #11
Tonero 2 heat pts space
**nUKKA**
space
$4,104 | 7587204
lboog1423 said:
avy check

who dat
Thats my gurl bra. Yea she fine, really stubborn too.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #12
Player 1 19 heat pts19 space
Capo Status
space
$22,006 | POWERFUL
Gym

you can meet some hot females
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #13
Duntaz 27 heat pts27 space
That n*gga 3000
space
$6,609 | POWERFUL
I perfer home, no wait time, more concentration. You can listen to what you want without having to put in headphones. I bought a crossbow off craiglist for $30 bucks. Dude sold it cause he needed room to have a wedding in his backyard. Which is pretty much a bowflex knockoff. I took the rods off and turn it into a cable pully i just put weights on it then put a clamp on at the bottom to hold them. I do tricep cable pulldowns cable flys, lat pressdowns & pulldowns on it & everything. I like to put my stabilizer muscles to work with free weights also as opposed to machines. Just get a rack & a self-spotting bench and your good to go.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #14
space
$13,052 | POWERFUL
kounterfit21 said:
and a squat rack too (or squat rack with a built in pull up bar), if it's in your budget

if not he can still do bodyweight squats and dumbbell squats

me personally, i prefer the gym just to get out and theres more variety of equipment, but if i couldnt, id just do dips, pull ups and pushups, with some dumbbells and some ab work
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #15
space
$13,052 | POWERFUL
richardgil said:

but you gotta have alot of space for that
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #16
Duntaz 27 heat pts27 space
That n*gga 3000
space
$6,609 | POWERFUL
realgunta said:
for me i say home gym.

i have a flat bench and a pair of bowflex selectech dumbells and its basically allows me to do everything i need at home

I think selecttech only goes up to like 55lbs or so per dumbbell. I recommend powerblocks instead you can get upto 175lb per hand if you wanted to. Although they're both expensive as fu*k. But the thing about buying your own equipment is that once you buy it its yours & you will always have something when you cant make it to or choose not to go to the gym. You also have ironmasters which look more like traditional dumbbells.

nightmare said:
but you gotta have alot of space for that
if you live in a house or a decent size apartment with a dinning room area which most n*ggaz never use you can put it there

Last edited by Duntaz; 12-06-2012 at 05:07 PM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #17
head first  space
leggo
space
$1,983 | 2704644
Home Gyms are not bad at all, you save a lot of money and if you dont want to deal with the sweaty a.ss crowd or whatever at public gyms. But if you want to grow it would be difficult unless you go hard with calisthenics and some weights that are really heavy. A pull bar can do a whole lot.

Gym memberships are pricey, but you can progress more faster with heavier weights and have more workouts in your routine or whatnot with the various machines provided. Also you can socialize with people and learn a lot from others as far as diet and different routines are concerned. I Heard Planet fitness was good but some of the rules i saw were outrageous like "no grunting" or whatever lol wtf?, might as well stay home and do my own sh*t lol.

Its up to you.

Last edited by head first; 12-09-2012 at 02:39 PM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #18
realgunta 678 heat pts678 space
www.allkinating.com
space
$14,164 | POWERFUL
^^^the selectech dumbells that i have go up to 90 pounds

there are 2 versions of it.

the SelectTech 552: this versions goes from 5 pounds - 52.5 pounds
and the SelectTech 1090: this versions goes from 10 pounds - 90 pounds
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #19
Taste Maker 25 heat pts25 space
like i said..
space
$3,454 | POWERFUL
richardgil said:
this thing is perfect
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #20
JugernoT  space
space
$1,303 | 2706225
I've tried both and love them both for different reasons.

Obviously my home gym saves me money and time (I don't need to wait for a pair of dumbbells or a bench press spot to open up ect..). I am also not the type that needs motivation when it comes to weight training or cardio. I have a bench that allows me to do squats (although I think I will switch to a power rack soon. I am getting worried that my bench will collapse with the weight I am putting on), legs curs, leg extensions and preacher curls. I have dumbbells and plenty of weights to go to 100+ pounds, and a pull up bar. All I need is a dip machine and I am set (another reason to get a power rack).

I only went to the gym because one of my good friends was paying for it and wanted me to train him. It was a good experience to be around people who are pushing towards the same goals you are. You can talk to people and learn new things about nutrition, form and supplements. Also, there are some fine girls which is always a plus.

Bottom line is if you need the extra motivation than go with a gym membership. If not then a home gym is the way to go.

Home > all sections > The BX Gym

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
38 viewing
Video inside Drake to release THIRD diss "3Peat"
104 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
25 viewing
Meek Mill - Wanna Know (Lyrics)
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Article inside ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Reviews Are In, ’The Avengers’ Of Rap Biopics
102 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Real or fake? The undertaker sues meek mill
159 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Kendrick Turned Down Collaboration With Iggy Azalea
121 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Jul 31 - Millennials Are Finding Jobs, Stress, Residual Debt Are Keeping Them ..
68 comments
@news
most viewed right now
13 viewing
OT Ronda Rousey to the haters
83 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Celebrities react to Meek Mill's Wanna Know
328 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside DJ Drama responds to rumors he gave Meek Mill the reference tracks for..
119 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time