This is BX @ Boxden.com

help please!!! how do you avoid junk food

help please!!! how do you avoid junk food
topic by tooyoung07 - 11-02-2012, 12:48 AM - Boxden > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

can someone please tell me how to avoid junk-food, cakes and fatty foods, i exercise everyday, i do my 50 min (1000 cal) elliptical, push-ups and sit-ups, try to eat a bowl of oatmeal every morning for breakfast and maybe some fruit later on in the day, I also drink water , powerade zero and other zero calorie drinks, but it's like I have this junk-food craving that is so strong and I cant resist, and its voiding out all of my exercises that I do because of my poor diet, can someone please help me, I really want that lean lightweight boxing body, im 23 5'6 149lbs, I wanna get down to 135 with a 6pac and all lean muscle, please help me stop eating poorly.... any tips

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

41 comments for "help please!!! how do you avoid junk food"

11-02-2012, 03:08 AMaway - #2
mhe 

d 
space
$99 | 1360177
If its that much of a problem slowly phase it out, but from experience as long as you keep eating heathy youl eventually stop craving it. Each time you crave it think of where you want to be and youll be there in no time. It's all about disipline
 11-02-2012, 06:22 AMaway - #3
OchoLoco 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$6,446 | POWERFUL
How often are you eating that crap?
 11-02-2012, 07:29 AMaway - #4
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,500 | 17023019
What's considered junk food to you?

To me, it's the fast food restaurants, burger and pizza places.

When I eat "out" like I go to kabob houses, sushi places, and thai restaurants.. Do you guys still consider this junk?

It's still about 98% dairy/gluten free.. But I eat a lot of carbs (rice, bread)

But the difference between me and OP is that I'm trying to do a clean bulk..
 11-02-2012, 07:35 AMonline - #5
J-Schmoove 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$7,851 | POWERFUL
The easiest way is to not have it around. I could go through a big bag of chips in a day if I got it from the store. Once I stopped buying junk food and bringing it home I stopped eating it. Now I snack on almonds & Fruit.
 11-02-2012, 09:14 AMaway - #6
Decan45 

d 
space
$6,813 | POWERFUL
If you really want to get to 135, you'll just stop eating the bull#### that's holding you back. That's it. Man up and take responsibility for your actions. Or don't, and learn to be happy where you're currently at and stop kidding yourself. It's up to you.
 11-02-2012, 10:17 AMaway - #7
tooyoung07 

d 
space
$155 | 1276022
Originally Posted by OchoLoco1818
How often are you eating that crap?
sometimes everyday, I really don't gain much weight because I work out alot and stay active, but my poor dieting is the only thing in the way of me getting a sculpted body
 11-02-2012, 10:19 AMaway - #8
tooyoung07 

d 
space
$155 | 1276022
Originally Posted by Decan45
If you really want to get to 135, you'll just stop eating the bull#### that's holding you back. That's it. Man up and take responsibility for your actions. Or don't, and learn to be happy where you're currently at and stop kidding yourself. It's up to you.
I get that man trust me, I swear food is like the devil, its so addictive, what are some light healthy substitutes that I can eat instead. (is dried pineapple OK?)
 11-02-2012, 12:02 PMaway - #9
Decan45 

d 
space
$6,813 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by tooyoung07
I get that man trust me, I swear food is like the devil, its so addictive, what are some light healthy substitutes that I can eat instead. (is dried pineapple OK?)
A serving of dried pineapple has a lot more sugar in it by comparison to fresh pineapple. You gotta remember that for every little piece of dried pineapple you pop in your mouth, had it been fresh, it would've been much larger due to the water. Why not just eat fresh fruit? That's usually what I bring to snack on at work.

What are you specifically having cravings for? What is it that you mean when you say 'junk food'? If I were to infer by your question about dried pineapple that you're having trouble kicking sugar, there could possibly be a much more serious health issue at the root of it. Refined/processed sugar IS addicting though, and it's also probably the worst thing you could possibly put into your body. I would just avoid sweets in general, to be honest. I don't know what sugar cravings are really like though, because I was fortunate enough to naturally develop a lack of a sweet tooth as I became an adult. I love a snickers bar, but I can't even eat a whole one without tapping out. I loose my appetite for it after maybe two bites.

I know it sounds like I'm just being an a$s, but normal people don't really struggle with a legitimate addiction to junk food. You just make a conscious decision not to eat something when you know it's bad for you. The satisfaction of gaining the benefits by abstaining from eating it, has to outweigh the satisfaction you get from the pleasure it gives you when you do eat it. It's just one of those things where you gotta want it.
 11-02-2012, 01:11 PMaway - #10
tooyoung07 

d 
space
$155 | 1276022
Originally Posted by Mr Connoisseur
stop drinking those zero calorie and no sugar drinks.

a. they're terrible for due to the aspartame

2. your body needs sugar, so if you dont get enough through proper unprocessed foods, your body will crave it, hence why you have junk food cravings.

wow man I never really thought about that, you may be right cause when I drink one, sometimes I want another one right after.

should I just drink only water and what about Quaker rice cakes that are gluten free, is that ok for a snack?
 11-02-2012, 01:13 PMaway - #11
tooyoung07 

d 
space
$155 | 1276022
Originally Posted by Decan45
A serving of dried pineapple has a lot more sugar in it by comparison to fresh pineapple. You gotta remember that for every little piece of dried pineapple you pop in your mouth, had it been fresh, it would've been much larger due to the water. Why not just eat fresh fruit? That's usually what I bring to snack on at work.

What are you specifically having cravings for? What is it that you mean when you say 'junk food'? If I were to infer by your question about dried pineapple that you're having trouble kicking sugar, there could possibly be a much more serious health issue at the root of it. Refined/processed sugar IS addicting though, and it's also probably the worst thing you could possibly put into your body. I would just avoid sweets in general, to be honest. I don't know what sugar cravings are really like though, because I was fortunate enough to naturally develop a lack of a sweet tooth as I became an adult. I love a snickers bar, but I can't even eat a whole one without tapping out. I loose my appetite for it after maybe two bites.

I know it sounds like I'm just being an a$s, but normal people don't really struggle with a legitimate addiction to junk food. You just make a conscious decision not to eat something when you know it's bad for you. The satisfaction of gaining the benefits by abstaining from eating it, has to outweigh the satisfaction you get from the pleasure it gives you when you do eat it. It's just one of those things where you gotta want it.
when I say junk food I mean like fast food, frosted mini wheats, candy, ice cream, sherbet, cake, banana pudding , stuff like that.

how many fruits should I eat a day
 11-02-2012, 06:56 PMaway - #12
OchoLoco 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$6,446 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by tooyoung07
wow man I never really thought about that, you may be right cause when I drink one, sometimes I want another one right after.

Self control brother. Aint nothin' to it but to do it.
 11-02-2012, 07:44 PMaway - #13
Kingofnewark 

d 
space
$644 | 1706407
Try to cut out stuff you know that is fried and/or sugary
 11-03-2012, 01:17 AMaway - #14
Lannister 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$4,076 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by J-Schmoove
The easiest way is to not have it around. I could go through a big bag of chips in a day if I got it from the store. Once I stopped buying junk food and bringing it home I stopped eating it. Now I snack on almonds & Fruit.
man I wish I could do that but my parents own stores that I work in and there is unhealthy food EVERYWHERE
 11-03-2012, 03:57 AMaway - #15
SpyDa 154 heat pts154

d 
space
$9,663 | POWERFUL
do a 4 day detox of fresh fruits and vegetables to release the toxin into the blood stream and rid the cravings after the detox stay away from, dextrosse, High Fructose corn syrup and any other Genetically modified organism..

First 3 days you must remain strong cravings will be worse than a crack addict..
 11-03-2012, 09:24 AMaway - #16
realgunta 673 heat pts673

d 
space
$14,356 | POWERFUL
this works for me.....

"you CANT eat what you DONT have"

i only eat foods that are in my fridge, i simply dont buy any junk food. So when im hungry and i open my fridge i basically have no choice but to eat something healthy bc well......thats all i got in the fridge.
 11-03-2012, 08:03 PMaway - #17
TimmyGee 3 heat pts

d 
space
$8,034 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by SpyDa
do a 4 day detox of fresh fruits and vegetables to release the toxin into the blood stream and rid the cravings after the detox stay away from, dextrosse, High Fructose corn syrup and any other Genetically modified organism..

First 3 days you must remain strong cravings will be worse than a crack addict..
You probably explained it simple to begin with but can you further explain?
Just eat fruits and vegetables for the entire four days? Only fruits and veggies?
Drink only water? Or can i drink other beverages, like coffee?
 11-03-2012, 08:13 PMaway - #18
SpyDa 154 heat pts154

d 
space
$9,663 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TimmyGee
You probably explained it simple to begin with but can you further explain?
Just eat fruits and vegetables for the entire four days? Only fruits and veggies?
Drink only water? Or can i drink other beverages, like coffee?

you want to get good carbs only from fruits. no drinks or coffee.

I'm not the best educated on here with the topic. But I know wth me I did a 2 week intermittent fasting then a 4 day detox. The detox lowered my appetite by far. an I lost a few pounds.

I havent had fried foods, pork and alot of other things i use to crave. Like whataburger, chik fil a nuggets and papa johns since august.

in the long process from august to now i've lost 32 pounds down to 13/14% BF
6'2 199lb
 11-03-2012, 08:21 PMaway - #19
Zaosyn 255 heat pts255

d 
space
$13,113 | POWERFUL
Honestly if you can dig up enough self discipline to stay away from those foods for maybe 3-4 days and eat clean your cravings will be gone. Atleast from my experience. I can go WEEKS eating clean as hell and enjoy it and not have a single craving or desire to eat anything that would be considered junk food, but as soon as I do have a cheat day it's usually hard to stay eating clean the next couple of days until my cravings die down and I'm back. I call it detox

But really, try to eat better and avoid your favorite ####. If in 3-4 days you still have the cravings then my advice isn't meant for you- but I really believe it's true. Those people who do them juice fasts and #### go crazy the first couple of days without solid foods but after that initial detox they feel fine and enjoy themselves on their diet.
 11-04-2012, 11:59 AMonline - #20
Machiavelli 406 heat pts406

d 
space
$15,303 | POWERFUL
You need discipline. That's all it is. Just think about how all that hard work at the gym will go away if you eat any of that stuff. It'll take at least a week or two for you to truly get rid of that urge you have for junk food. Stuff yourself with fruit and eat only chicken and fish for dinner. Buy some healthy snacks and stick with oatmeal or even cereal for breakfast.

Do some cardio workout. You'll feel fresh and good. What's the worst that can happen if you don't eat any junk food? Control yourself.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Oct 30 - Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'
74 comments
Image inside  Oct 28 - Life under Obama sucks. And these numbers pr..
74 comments
IGN Sunset Overdrive - Review Discussion
94 comments
 Image(s) inside Oct 29 - Aliens Are Real Reveals Former Area 51 Scient...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 200 comments - by Rick Ross
 Article inside Chicago Rapper Bandman Kevo Charged With With Being In...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 198 comments - by NoLastName
 NBA Norris Cole Lookin Like Robin Out Here, Wade Been Demo...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 57 comments - by Bkjj11
 Video inside This Guy Asked A Homeless Man For A Slice Of Pizza. An...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 85 comments - by YungPrinceNY
  Best Rap Album Of 2014?
New reply 3 minutes ago - 103 comments - by QB Eagles
 Video inside Post Some Videos Of Rappers Being High As Fu-k
New reply 7 minutes ago - 88 comments - by Ole-G
  How You Can Get A New Ps4 For $275
New reply 3 minutes ago - 196 comments - by SpazzOut
 NBA Miami Was Using That Fake Crowd Noise Last Night
New reply 8 minutes ago - 101 comments - by st21

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,833 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.