b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Flexibility


People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition
  
    
          join bx

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Flexibility
topic by ii_show_off - 12-12-2012, 04:17 PM


man i need help... i need to gain flexibility but dont know where to start and google isnt helping... i've been squatting and i notice i cant get a full 90 degree angle in my knees it usually stops somewhere between 85 and 75 degrees... im seeing an awesome amount of gains but im sure i would see a lot more with some extra flexibility....

i also need to gain flexibility in my arms: when squatting my arms tend to be in a lot of temporary pain from squeezing my arms back to hold the bar and create a shelf for the bar...

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


7 comments for "Flexibility"


 12-12-2012, 05:47 PMaway - #2
Illuminati 95 heat pts95

  d 
space
$26,196 | POWERFUL
Do some YOGA poses

 12-12-2012, 06:46 PMaway - #3
tech5c 24 heat pts24

  d 
space
$3,058 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ii_show_off
man i need help... i need to gain flexibility but dont know where to start and google isnt helping... i've been squatting and i notice i cant get a full 90 degree angle in my knees it usually stops somewhere between 85 and 75 degrees... im seeing an awesome amount of gains but im sure i would see a lot more with some extra flexibility....

i also need to gain flexibility in my arms: when squatting my arms tend to be in a lot of temporary pain from squeezing my arms back to hold the bar and create a shelf for the bar...

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lose ankle mobility and get knee pain.
    • Half kneeling dorsiflexion (against wall)
    • Quadruped rocking ankle mobilization
    • Lateral leg swings (transverse ankle)
  • Lose hip mobility and get low back pain.
    • Striders
    • Cook squat
    • Wall squat progressions
  • Lose thoracic mobility and get neck and shoulder pain or low back pain.
    • Foam roller T-spine flexion/extension
    • Quadruped extension/rotation
    • Wall slides

As far as arms go try different hand placements. What part of your arms tends to be in pain?
 12-12-2012, 07:25 PMaway - #4
ii_show_off 14 heat pts14

  d 
space
$1,919 | 13230630
Originally Posted by tech5c
  • Lose ankle mobility and get knee pain.
    • Half kneeling dorsiflexion (against wall)
    • Quadruped rocking ankle mobilization
    • Lateral leg swings (transverse ankle)
  • Lose hip mobility and get low back pain.
    • Striders
    • Cook squat
    • Wall squat progressions
  • Lose thoracic mobility and get neck and shoulder pain or low back pain.
    • Foam roller T-spine flexion/extension
    • Quadruped extension/rotation
    • Wall slides

As far as arms go try different hand placements. What part of your arms tends to be in pain?
mostly the outer part of my shoulder and about 1/3 way down towards the biceps... ive tried different positions and and the pain lessens the wider my grip is but then the weight tends to slip lower down my back so i have no choice but to bring the grip closer... i mean its bearable but im sure theres a way to get rid of it unless this normal for all squatters..?
 12-12-2012, 09:05 PMaway - #5
tech5c 24 heat pts24

  d 
space
$3,058 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ii_show_off
mostly the outer part of my shoulder and about 1/3 way down towards the biceps... ive tried different positions and and the pain lessens the wider my grip is but then the weight tends to slip lower down my back so i have no choice but to bring the grip closer... i mean its bearable but im sure theres a way to get rid of it unless this normal for all squatters..?
Yea some discomfort can be normal for squats. I've had my arms go numb doing high rep squats with a close grip.

Make sure you are not trying to "hold" the weight with your arms. You want to be "pulling" the bar into your back.
 12-13-2012, 06:17 AMaway - #6
ThaLockerRoom 27 heat pts27

  d 
space
$1,273 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ii_show_off
mostly the outer part of my shoulder and about 1/3 way down towards the biceps... ive tried different positions and and the pain lessens the wider my grip is but then the weight tends to slip lower down my back so i have no choice but to bring the grip closer... i mean its bearable but im sure theres a way to get rid of it unless this normal for all squatters..?
stop squatting with weights and do high rep regular squats
 12-13-2012, 02:07 PMaway - #7
KillaRay 

  d 
space
$863 | 1174189
highly recommend combat stretching by matt furey
 12-13-2012, 04:02 PMaway - #8
ii_show_off 14 heat pts14

  d 
space
$1,919 | 13230630
Originally Posted by ThaLockerRoom
stop squatting with weights and do high rep regular squats
im in it for strength not cuts
 

 



Video inside  Dec 21 - Police officer shot & killed in Florida
137 comments
Dec 21 - Police dispatch audio of two nypd officer shot
88 comments
What's Quentin Tarantino's best film in your opinion
113 comments
 Image(s) inside "i Guess Ya'll Can't Breathe Either"-the Gam...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 344 comments - by Bkjj11
 NBA Master P: "kobe, Hit Me Up! I Can Save Your Seaso...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 61 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 NFL Espn Has To Do Something.
New reply 3 minutes ago - 104 comments - by The Boat
 Article inside Bobby Shmurda Facing A Total Of 71 Years In Prison
New reply 13 minutes ago - 206 comments - by sdot216
 Video inside Can't Interview N!ggas - They Clowning With These Air ...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 54 comments - by Jeff Roorda
 Image(s) inside Get Ready Fellas! Our Prayers Being Answered? Nicki Mi...
New reply 22 minutes ago - 175 comments - by 187Proof
 Image(s) inside Q-tip Throwin Knowledge Darts At Iggy On Twitter
New reply 3 minutes ago - 171 comments - by ralph lauren
 Image(s) inside Chief Keef's Art Show/gallery #picassosaseason
New reply 24 minutes ago - 82 comments - by RIP4SBG

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,903 fans of BX | none new today 4,851 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.