This is BX @ Boxden.com


Does it really matter how many calories you have?


 Does it really matter how many calories you have?
topic by Impeccable - 10-17-2013, 11:35 PM - Boxden > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition


What if you could get the same amount of protein and etc with less calories?

Like today I had just

6 pieces of chicken bre@st
2 salads
4 cookies


share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

14 comments for "Does it really matter how many calories you have?"


 10-17-2013, 11:40 PMaway - #2
MTtheImperial 

  d 
space
$156 | 1434591
for me, absolutely. every body is different, but the only noticeable losses i've experienced in size or strength always came when I was taking less calories. This was much less of a problem when protein intake dropped.
 10-18-2013, 01:42 PMaway - #3
tech5c 24 heat pts24

  d 
space
$3,056 | POWERFUL
Yes it matters.

A gram of protein is 4 calories. No way around that.
 10-18-2013, 04:17 PMaway - #4
ChiCity Fingaz 114 heat pts114

  d 
space
$43,064 | POWERFUL
Yes, you have to eat over maintenance if you want to grow significant size. You can eat at maintenance too and still see strength/size gains, but not as big as having a caloric surplus.
 10-18-2013, 04:29 PMaway - #5
Braz 80 heat pts80

  d 
space
$15,346 | POWERFUL
 10-18-2013, 05:14 PMaway - #6
PsychoCyber 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,948 | 12445978
 10-18-2013, 06:16 PMaway - #7
Chief Sosa 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$606 | 4769419
I started to type a troll response but I realize that's not helping you. It does matter how many calories you have. It matters the kind of calories you are getting as well. You can't binge on carbs and expect your muscles to build up with no protein. Stick to the script.
 10-18-2013, 06:33 PMaway - #8
PsychoCyber 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,948 | 12445978
Originally Posted by Chief Sosa
I started to type a troll response but I realize that's not helping you. It does matter how many calories you have. It matters the kind of calories you are getting as well. You can't binge on carbs and expect your muscles to build up with no protein. Stick to the script.
 10-18-2013, 11:39 PMaway - #9
I'm The Dan 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$10,406 | POWERFUL
So, what if I am getting my Calorie intake and getting plenty of Protein? My only problem is I do eat a lot of carbs. I eat a lot of fruits throughout the day. I also have Peanut Butter sandwiches which are my biggest problem. I try to stay away from bread, but it's just too easy and it tastes really good. I only use whole wheat bread, but I know I still need to get away from it.
 10-18-2013, 11:47 PMaway - #10
Impeccable 117 heat pts117

  d 
space
$8,679 | POWERFUL
What if ur cutting?
 10-19-2013, 12:54 AMonline - #11
-ThE~DoN~LoN- 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,745 | 6914357
Originally Posted by I'm The Dan
So, what if I am getting my Calorie intake and getting plenty of Protein? My only problem is I do eat a lot of carbs. I eat a lot of fruits throughout the day. I also have Peanut Butter sandwiches which are my biggest problem. I try to stay away from bread, but it's just too easy and it tastes really good. I only use whole wheat bread, but I know I still need to get away from it.
Man i used to eat peanut butter all day, on sandwiches, apples, crackers. Then I started getting rashes from it and became allergic a year ago. I miss peanut butter so much
 10-19-2013, 01:04 AMaway - #12
I'm The Dan 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$10,406 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by -ThE~DoN~LoN-
Man i used to eat peanut butter all day, on sandwiches, apples, crackers. Then I started getting rashes from it and became allergic a year ago. I miss peanut butter so much


That would be the end of my diet. I eat peanut butter on the daily.
 10-19-2013, 03:16 AMaway - #13
Burym3ag 

  d 
space
$599 | 675766
if it fits your macros
 10-19-2013, 01:27 PMaway - #14
Chief Sosa 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$606 | 4769419
Originally Posted by Impeccable
What if ur cutting?
When you're cutting you want to maintain your protein intake at the same while reducing the amount of carbs and fat you're taking in. My rule for how much protein you take in is 1gram per 1.5lbs of your weight. For example, I weight 180lbs so I aim to get at least 120g of protein a day.
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Jul 24 - The Top 10 most happy and un-happy cities in America
94 comments
Image inside  Michael Crabtree's New Jump-Off
70 comments
Image inside  She goes by Thick Yellowbone
193 comments
 Image(s) inside Two New Avengers: Age Of Ultron Concept Art Posters Re...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 56 comments - by whodatb1
 NBA Reports : Kevin Love To Cleveland Could Be Done By Fri...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 184 comments - by theFREAK
 Image(s) inside My Moms Sent Me This Text, Yall Folks Do This Sh-t?
New reply 5 minutes ago - 131 comments - by Affliction
  Ign Gives Guadians Of The Galaxy A 9.2/10
New reply 21 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Rawfury
 Image(s) inside Bx You Smashing Or Not???
New reply 9 minutes ago - 218 comments - by tokinjohn
 NBA Ray Allen Leaning Toward Signing With The Cavaliers
New reply 27 minutes ago - 96 comments - by Machiavelli
 NBA Joel Embiid Sets Sights On Rihanna (moves On From K. K...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 69 comments - by Jiraiya
 NFL Justin Blackmon Arrested Again
New reply 35 minutes ago - 73 comments - by Got Cheeve?

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,756 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following and 4 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.