This is BX @ Boxden.com

Distilled vs Purified vs Spring water?!

New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Distilled vs Purified vs Spring water?!
 01-25-2013, 12:55 PMonline - #21
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,340 | 15715202
I heard from an expert that the healthiest water to drink is filtered water, but also said if you must drink bottled water, drink distilled..
 01-25-2013, 01:01 PMaway - #22
MeziaaL|m 1 heat pts

d 
space
$12,905 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Taste Maker
this depends where you live. i was a bartender through college and i started feeling super tired all the time and had no idea what was wrong, i ate super healthy and worked out. i started having to drink 3 or 4 redbulls a day just to function. i went to doctor and had blood work done and i tested real high for one of the chemicals they use to treat the water in arizona. my doctor asked if i drink tap water and i told him all day long at work i drink ice water because i dont like soda. He told me this was common in arizona and switched me to bottle water only. my blood levels went back to normal and so did my energy levels. its crazy something so small can change your body so much.

he summed it up by saying arizona is a desert, they recycle water here. when you flush your toilet it goes to a plant, they take out the chunks, treat it, and it comes back out of your faucet. those chemicals are not good for you.

so is tap water the best water? maybe in colorado, but not in the desert..

I wouldn't touch tap water with a 10 foot pole.

Tap water has fluoride in it for number one, which causes fluorisis. Sodium Fluoride is what they treat the water with, and you know what that is? Rat Poison. Lol It also calcifies your pineal gland which is in your brain and causes neurological dysfunction. It also has a #### load of chemicals from the sewerage system (think of all the people in the country on psychotropic/pharmaceutical pills who pollute the waters as they take pisses and flush it down the drain. It also contains Chlorine smh....

We should have nothing but clean water.

Last edited by MeziaaL; 01-25-2013 at 01:04 PM..
 01-25-2013, 01:47 PMaway - #23
Taste Maker 23 heat pts23

d 
space
$3,157 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by MeziaaL

Tap water has fluoride in it for number one, which causes fluorisis. Sodium Fluoride is what they treat the water with, and you know what that is? Rat Poison. Lol It also calcifies your pineal gland which is in your brain and causes neurological dysfunction. It also has a #### load of chemicals from the sewerage system (think of all the people in the country on psychotropic/pharmaceutical pills who pollute the waters as they take pisses and flush it down the drain. It also contains Chlorine smh....

you are dead on about the fluoride, chlorine, and pharmaceuticals being in the water.

you are the first person i have heard say distilled water is good for a person though, but i want to look more into it now.

one of my boys is a health nut. he used to be diesel but got hella into yoga now he is slim but super lean. he started a juice bar and only uses local produce and the whole nine. he always talks about how important water is and he only drinks "mountain valley spring water" in the green glass bottles. he said he would rather go a day without water than drink tap water or "purified water". he said only drink spring water out of glass..

i just take his word for it and drink bottled "spring water".

do you really think mountain valley spring water, voss, or fiji is bad for you?
 01-25-2013, 01:50 PMaway - #24
dj X 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$12,611 | POWERFUL
Distilled water>
 01-25-2013, 01:54 PMaway - #25
Taste Maker 23 heat pts23

d 
space
$3,157 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dj X
Distilled water>
im interested in what your saying but what do you think about this article, because this is basically same stuff a dr told me..

During nearly 19 years of clinical practice I have had the opportunity to observe the health effects of drinking different types of water. Most of you would agree that drinking unfiltered tap water could be hazardous to your health because of things like

parasites
chlorine
fluoride
dioxins
Many health fanatics, however, are often surprised to hear me say that drinking distilled water on a regular, daily basis is potentially dangerous.

Paavo Airola wrote about the dangers of distilled water in the 1970's when it first became a fad with the health food crowd.

Distillation is the process in which water is boiled, evaporated and the vapour condensed. Distilled water is free of dissolved minerals and, because of this, has the special property of being able to actively absorb toxic substances from the body and eliminate them. Studies validate the benefits of drinking distilled water when one is seeking to cleanse or detoxify the system for short periods of time (a few weeks at a time).

Fasting using distilled water can be dangerous because of the rapid loss of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, chloride) and trace minerals like magnesium, deficiencies of which can cause heart beat irregularities and high blood pressure. Cooking foods in distilled water pulls the minerals out of them and lowers their nutrient value.

Distilled water is an active absorber and when it comes into contact with air, it absorbs carbon dioxide, making it acidic. The more distilled water a person drinks, the higher the body acidity becomes.

According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, "Distilled water, being essentially mineral-free, is very aggressive, in that it tends to dissolve substances with which it is in contact. Notably, carbon dioxide from the air is rapidly absorbed, making the water acidic and even more aggressive. Many metals are dissolved by distilled water."

The most toxic commercial beverages that people consume (i.e. cola beverages and other soft drinks) are made from distilled water. Studies have consistently shown that heavy consumers of soft drinks (with or without sugar) spill huge amounts of calcium, magnesium and other trace minerals into the urine.

The more mineral loss, the greater the risk for osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, hypothyroidism, coronary artery disease, high blood pressure and a long list of degenerative diseases generally a$sociated with premature aging.

A growing number of health care practitioners and scientists from around the world have been advocating the theory that aging and disease is the direct result of the accumulation of acid waste products in the body.

There is a great deal of scientific documentation that supports such a theory. A poor diet may be partially to blame for the waste accumulation.

These and other junk foods can cause the body to become more acidic:

meats
sugar
alcohol
fried foods
soft drinks
processed foods
white flour products
dairy products
Stress, whether mental or physical can lead to acid deposits in the body.

There is a correlation between the consumption of soft water (distilled water is extremely soft) and the incidence of cardiovascular disease. Cells, tissues and organs do not like to be dipped in acid and will do anything to buffer this acidity including the removal of minerals from the skeleton and the manufacture of bicarbonate in the blood.

The longer one drinks distilled water, the more likely the development of mineral deficiencies and an acid state.

I have done well over 3000 mineral evaluations using a combination of blood, urine and hair tests in my practice. Almost without exception, people who consume distilled water exclusively, eventually develop multiple mineral deficiencies.

Those who supplement their distilled water intake with trace minerals are not as deficient but still not as adequately nourished in minerals as their non-distilled water drinking counterparts even after several years of mineral supplementation.

The ideal water for the human body should be slightly alkaline and this requires the presence of minerals like

calcium
magnesium
Distilled water tends to be acidic and can only be recommended as a way of drawing poisons out of the body. Once this is accomplished, the continued drinking of distilled water is a bad idea.

Water filtered through reverse osmosis tends to be neutral and is acceptable for regular use provided minerals are supplemented.

Water filtered through a solid charcoal filter is slightly alkaline. Ozonation of this charcoal filtered water is ideal for daily drinking. Longevity is a$sociated with the regular consumption of hard water (high in minerals). Disease and early de@th is more likely to be seen with the long term drinking of distilled water.

Avoid it except in special circumstances.

Zoltan P. Rona MD MSc
 01-25-2013, 02:32 PMaway - #26
J_Duece 

d 
space
$1,740 | 4976826
im interested in what your saying but what do you think about this article, because this is basically same stuff a dr told me..
I seen the same article, when I googled distilled water, its the first one that comes up. I don't know how trust worthy this source is though.
 01-25-2013, 02:58 PMaway - #27
MeziaaL|m 1 heat pts

d 
space
$12,905 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by J_Duece
I seen the same article, when I googled distilled water, its the first one that comes up. I don't know how trust worthy this source is though.
^ Exactly. The FIRST one. Why? I wonder what interest group funded this study and wrote this article. When you got an hour, check out Andrew Norton Webber. Interesting segment on Distilled water.

Andrew Norton Webber on The Santos Bonacci Show - May 19th, 2012 - Distilled Water - YouTube
 01-25-2013, 03:33 PMaway - #28
Southwick 

d 
space
$1,747 | 14017293
Andrew Norton Webber and water testing - YouTube
 01-25-2013, 03:51 PMaway - #29
r.burgundy 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$30,665 | POWERFUL
tha thing u must try and understand is everything has pros and cons.even stuff that may seem super healthy like distilled water.sometimes tha cure can be tha poison and vice versa.too fix all this,i dont drink alot of water.only time i really drink alot is if im at a hgh activity level like workin out or playin ball.
 01-25-2013, 04:12 PMaway - #30
J_Duece 

d 
space
$1,740 | 4976826
Originally Posted by r.burgundy
tha thing u must try and understand is everything has pros and cons.even stuff that may seem super healthy like distilled water.sometimes tha cure can be tha poison and vice versa.too fix all this,i dont drink alot of water.only time i really drink alot is if im at a hgh activity level like workin out or playin ball.
Your source?

Last edited by J_Duece; 01-25-2013 at 04:17 PM..
 01-25-2013, 09:41 PMaway - #31
Ms_Krizzi_86 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$4,704 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by MeziaaL

That's another reason why I use natural products at most. I use Neem toothpaste with no fluoride as well.

Originally Posted by insanezer0x
water is wwater
This may be true yet and still it is what is done to the water before it reaches your hand is the problem.
 01-26-2013, 03:16 PMaway - #32
stargod 

d 
space
$2,499 | 5101861
Originally Posted by Southwick
1:05...remembers my urine therapy thread
 01-27-2013, 04:54 AMonline - #33
PTC 110 heat pts110

d 
space
$6,560 | POWERFUL
#### tap. It is di$gusting and makes my throat dry.

I drink purified water (I have a pur water filter and container).

But when I'm out I drink Voss. Don't really like ####ing with the things peasants do.

Seriously tho... Is there a conclusion to this distilled/alkaline water thing? I mean is it better to always be drinking distilled water or will it strip too much of your minerals?
 01-27-2013, 06:26 AMaway - #34
Southwick 

d 
space
$1,747 | 14017293
^^^ Supposedly it only leeches the inorganic minerals. So your body is basically in a state of detox all the time. Which is good. In essence, distilled water is alkaline water. Therefore its the best water to drink. People are healing from it. Like I said in my earlier post. Its all according to what you believe.
 02-12-2013, 09:32 AMaway - #35
C Nugget 

d 
space
$1,553 | 16685726
Originally Posted by Southwick
Distilled water is great if you're fasting or want to detox. However it can pull the much needed minerals out of your body.[/url]
^This.
Depends on your needs, tho. If you're looking to pull from your body, then distilled may be a good temporary decision. Keep in mind that distilled water can leach materials from the pipes they're traveling through and apply that to your body. I personally don't feel quenched when I drink it (especially PWO), and that effect has been corroborated in some studies.

If your goal is to replenish, then turning to spring or mineral water may be your answer, as they haven't been stripped of their constituents. Spring/mineral is "living water" in a way.

Here's a paper from the World Health Organization you can read and formulate your own opinion:

Health risks from drinking
demineralised water

Last edited by C Nugget; 02-12-2013 at 06:49 PM..
 02-12-2013, 02:39 PMaway - #36
Yung Dilla 1200 heat pts1200

d 
space
$41,254 | POWERFUL
What about purified water like i drink dasani it's purified water ''enhanced with minerals for a pure fresh taste'' whatever the #### that's supposed to mean? How does purified differ from Distilled water?
 02-12-2013, 03:17 PMaway - #37
Southwick 

d 
space
$1,747 | 14017293
^^^ Dasani is some of the worse water you can drink. They tell you about all the bull#### on the bottle. All those minerals are in organic. Its made by coca-cola You already know something is up with it.

Bottled Water Test. Alkaline Ionized Water. What are you really drinking? - YouTube

New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Ayo Chris Smoove girl is bad as sh-t
52 comments
Twitter Reacts to DOTA2 broadcast on ESPN2.
63 comments
Image inside  World of Warcraft Brings In Over $1 Billion Annually,..
55 comments
 NBA Russell Westbrook Got Married Snowbunnies Out Here Wre...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 111 comments - by ChickBoss414
 Video inside Destiny's First-ever 1080p Xbox One Footage – Ign First
New reply 20 minutes ago - 72 comments - by LaRy BLanco
 Article inside Jay Z & Beyoncé Reportedly Trying To Split Without...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 151 comments - by CrunchTime CDN
 Image(s) inside Kendrick Lamar Covers Complex Magazine
New reply 43 minutes ago - 57 comments - by Fwxvgo
 Image(s) inside Jul 20 - Teacher Danielle Watkins Threatened To Fail S...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 132 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Image(s) inside Every Time!!!!!!!!
New reply 1 hour ago - 65 comments - by tokinjohn
 Video inside August Alsina Plays Fu-k Marry Kill (khloe K, Jhene Ai...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 54 comments - by trill jackson
 Video inside Charlamagne Trolling Bow Wow Live On 106 And Park
New reply 1 hour ago - 90 comments - by g0tt1

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,756 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.