This is BX @ Boxden.com

Creatine

Creatine
topic by Braz - 01-28-2013, 07:24 AM - Boxden > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

How many of you take creatine? I don't take any supplements, but was thinkin about purchasing a creatine monohydrate to a$sist me with my bulk now that I've cut down to under 200 lbs. I was looking into the Beast Creature powder that Hodgetwins always rave about > Creatine - Photo posted in The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Beast Sports Nutrition Creature at Bodybuilding.com: Lowest Prices for Creature

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

66 comments for "Creatine"

01-28-2013, 02:00 PMaway - #2
TimmyGee 3 heat pts

d 
space
$7,451 | 19476609
The only time I had creatine it was jack3d. Due to recommendations from friends. #### ####ed up my toolie from going to work. Got off and the hammer was back in action
 01-28-2013, 04:57 PMaway - #3
realgunta 668 heat pts668

d 
space
$14,204 | POWERFUL
^^lol the ####
 01-28-2013, 09:03 PMaway - #4
kounterfit21 

d 
space
$469 | 2770520
It will make you a little bit stronger, and appear to add a little bit of mass due to the added water into muscles. It allows you to do a few more reps of exercises. About a month before shows fitness models stop taking creatine to look more ripped.

I'd definitely recommend getting creapure creatine.
 01-29-2013, 02:49 AMaway - #5
OldeEnglish22oz 5 heat pts

d 
space
$15,866 | POWERFUL
Man, if you're going to take a creatine, take a Kre-Alkalyn creatine... It's creatine, but it's pH buffered... means, once it enters your system--your system fully absorbs it and you reap the benefits of it close to 100% of the time..

Whereas, regular creatine mono, it had the tendency to turn into the by-product creatinine--that is not what you want. It was said to take creatine with like something acidic like juice or gatorade, but F all that ####, take the Kre-Alkalyn... no load phase, no cycle no none of that ####.. (but I still do--for ####s and giggles..)

Hands down the best supplement for anyone body building or just trying to gain strength.
 01-29-2013, 02:59 AMaway - #6
Chopzilla 185 heat pts185

d 
space
$10,301 | POWERFUL
Hodge Twins was on point with Beast. Been through a couple of bottles already and wouldn't switch to anything else. I've used creatine in the past I dont remember the names but mostly powders but I've been really satisfied with Beast.
 01-29-2013, 06:27 AMonline - #7
portis187 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$5,020 | POWERFUL
>>>>>

01-29-2013, 06:31 AMaway - #8
Game375 42 heat pts42

d 
space
$11,398 | POWERFUL
Will check these out
 01-29-2013, 07:02 AMaway - #9
Rubix 

d 
space
$8,061 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by OldeEnglish22oz
Man, if you're going to take a creatine, take a Kre-Alkalyn creatine... It's creatine, but it's pH buffered... means, once it enters your system--your system fully absorbs it and you reap the benefits of it close to 100% of the time..

Whereas, regular creatine mono, it had the tendency to turn into the by-product creatinine--that is not what you want. It was said to take creatine with like something acidic like juice or gatorade, but F all that ####, take the Kre-Alkalyn... no load phase, no cycle no none of that ####.. (but I still do--for ####s and giggles..)

Hands down the best supplement for anyone body building or just trying to gain strength.
^all that #### you hear about kre-alkalyn is a crock of ####. None of it has been proven to be true. Regular old creatine mono is the best way to go. Also, that whole needing to take creatine with a drink with a high GI isnt necessary.

Creatine supplements pretty much come from one of two places - creapure being one the companies that supply creatine. Just go for that.

Just a heads up tho - creatine isn't a mass builder. Water retention is a "side effect." Creatine sups will increase energy levels that will help you with recovery and allow you to power through your workouts a bit longer. With that said, whether on a cut or bulk, creatine should be a staple in your supplement stack. I would even go so far as to say its more beneficial to supplement with creatine than protein shakes.
 01-29-2013, 07:54 AMaway - #10
Braz 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$15,346 | POWERFUL
Is the load phase necessary? I read that all you need is 5g of creatine daily and that it doesn't matter what time if day you take it. I was planning on taking it post workout on lifting days and in the morning on off days/cardio days.
 01-29-2013, 08:01 AMaway - #11
Chopzilla 185 heat pts185

d 
space
$10,301 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by brazidee
Is the load phase necessary? I read that all you need is 5g of creatine daily and that it doesn't matter what time if day you take it. I was planning on taking it post workout on lifting days and in the morning on off days/cardio days.
Thats the way I take it. Well Im not sure with brand your gonna go with but like I said earlier I take Beast and I didn't do any load phase bull#### I just take it and go I never bought into that #### anyways.
 01-29-2013, 08:32 AMonline - #12
AC SLATER 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$29,210 | POWERFUL
I'm gonna try this beast ####. Good lookin...
 01-29-2013, 09:36 AMaway - #13
Rubix 

d 
space
$8,061 | POWERFUL
there's conflicting literature regarding loading creatine. unnecessary in my opinion. i also take it post workout and in the mornings.
 01-29-2013, 09:47 AMaway - #14
Duntaz 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$4,145 | 19555025
 01-29-2013, 10:15 AMaway - #15
kounterfit21 

d 
space
$469 | 2770520
Not necessary. Your body can only absorb so much, as with any other vitamin, mineral, supplement, etc. You'll just be pissing out the extra amount and going through your creatine bottle quicker. I read somewhere that 5g/day is a good amount.
 01-29-2013, 12:03 PMaway - #16
tech5c 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$3,057 | POWERFUL
Have fun paying $1 per serving of ####ing creatine.

OP do yourself a favor and just get some bulk CrM powder. You can usually find a kg for like 20 bucks. Take 5-10g a day /end
 01-29-2013, 12:46 PMaway - #17
Braz 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$15,346 | POWERFUL
Do you people take creatine with grape juice? My friend told me he does because supposedly the sugar creates an insulin spike that rushes the creatine to your muscles faster or some ####. And also that its good to take with carbs. I was planning on just taking it with water.
 01-29-2013, 12:59 PMaway - #18
tech5c 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$3,057 | POWERFUL
Loading is used to saturate the cells quicker. It is unnecessary.

The small insulin spike only occurs during the loading phase (if you choose to take one). After the first few days there no more effects.

Creatine timing and/or intake with nutrients is negligible. Just take your daily amount whenever you want.
 01-29-2013, 01:01 PMaway - #19
Duntaz 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$4,145 | 19555025
I don't know about the sugar part but with carbs yes. But you can take it with water or juice at anytime of the day it doesn't matter if its around workout time or not because it will take hrs for creatine to do its thing. Just take it daily 5 grams, but i'd say 10 if your 200 & over.
 01-29-2013, 02:13 PMaway - #20
Rubix 

d 
space
$8,061 | POWERFUL
Do you people take creatine with grape juice? My friend told me he does because supposedly the sugar creates an insulin spike that rushes the creatine to your muscles faster or some ####. And also that its good to take with carbs. I was planning on just taking it with water.
No need for the grape juice. Just take it during your post workout (preferably 30-45 minutes after a workout) when your body is trying to replenish glycogen stores.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Aug 19 - Breaking: Another Suspect Dead In St. Louis ..
55 comments
Image inside  Aug 19 - Jesse Jackson Asking Protesters For Donation..
58 comments
Image inside  Aug 19 - REPORT: ISIS Beheads U.S. Journalist
128 comments
 Image(s) inside Hoodlums And Their Cars
New reply 14 seconds ago - 127 comments - by BlackBreesus
 NBA Magic Johnson: "no Team In The East Will Want To ...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 236 comments - by Motion
 Article inside Earl Sweatshirt: Taylor Swift Is "perpetuating Bl...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 276 comments - by andrewspaceship
 Image(s) inside Wait A Minute.... Mind Fu-ked!!!
New reply 11 minutes ago - 65 comments - by tokinjohn
 Video inside Dr Dre Ice Bucket Challenge (challenges Eminem, Kendri...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 119 comments - by mdemaz
  Aug 18 - Mike Brown Paid For Rillos , And Store Owners...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 141 comments - by Trolling
  If You Could Bring Back One Cancelled Tv Show And/or A...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 99 comments - by thirsty91
 Image(s) inside Aug 17 - Michael Brown Autopsy Results Revealed. Shot ...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 421 comments - by Kadillac87

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.