Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Been doing a juice detox for 17 days and lost 28 pounds

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
82 viewing
Image inside charlamagne tha god exposed on twitter? (or shoppe..
87 comments
most viewed right now
65 viewing
Video inside Horror-core Rap kid Murders whole family after conc..
71 comments

top in section
57 viewing
Video inside Travis Scott F!ghts Fan After Attempted Chain Snatch
top in hiphop
top in section
39 viewing
Video inside The producer behind Power/Rangers is gonna fu-k your c..
top in movies

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Ľ Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Been doing a juice detox for 17 days and lost 28 pounds
 09-03-2011, 06:34 AMaway - #41
jackedNtan 1 heat pts space
avatar
space
$1,843 | 10469671
28 lbs in 17 days is fine, but to lose weight i'm more a fan of eating less of the foods that made me fat in the first place.

that vegetable juice sh*t tastes like crap.
 09-03-2011, 09:46 AMaway - #42
JFamis 174 heat pts174 space
avatar
space
$14,226 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by jackedNtan
28 lbs in 17 days is fine, but to lose weight i'm more a fan of eating less of the foods that made me fat in the first place.

that vegetable juice sh*t tastes like crap.
I got fat from getting high everyday and eating Taco Bell and ice cream. I'm not eating that sh*t ever again, if I can help it.

And the vegetable juice tastes good.
 09-03-2011, 09:47 AMaway - #43
JFamis 174 heat pts174 space
avatar
space
$14,226 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by tech5c
So what kind of macronutrient breakdown would you suggest?
Theres like 5 - 10g of protein in every drink of the vegetable juice I make.
 09-03-2011, 10:12 AMaway - #44
V.R. Nabor  space
avatar
space
$2,879 | 18050312
can i watch this video online Fat, sick and nearly dead?
 09-03-2011, 10:18 AMaway - #45
JFamis 174 heat pts174 space
avatar
space
$14,226 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by V.R. Nabor
can i watch this video online Fat, sick and nearly dead?
I streamed it on Netflix.
 09-03-2011, 04:23 PMaway - #46
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts space
avatar
space
$10,553 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by JFamis
I'm not doing much lifting because I'm getting about 24 injections in my head, neck and back right now and pretty much any upperbody lifting will shred the cartilage or whatever these injections are creating.

As of today, I'm 5'11" 220 pounds. I was at one point 320 pounds. I'm on the 18th day of juicing now and have lost 29 pounds. Today is a definite milestone for me because I hit 100 pounds lost.
Most are overlooking this..........
 09-04-2011, 04:23 PMaway - #47
JFamis 174 heat pts174 space
avatar
space
$14,226 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by enetblazin4eva
Most are overlooking this..........
I'm down 102 now though. :dancingcool: Not sur if you were trying to clown with that response or congratulate, but if it's the former, sh*t happens.
 09-04-2011, 05:19 PMonline - #48
bibbyboi 16 heat pts16 space
avatar
space
$8,219 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by JFamis
I'm down 102 now though. :dancingcool: Not sur if you were trying to clown with that response or congratulate, but if it's the former, sh*t happens.
I think he was pointing out that its easier for "larger" people to do crash diets and be successful. You were 320 and eating/drinking less than 2000 calories per day. Thats like a 2000 calorie deficit. Thats 4-6lbs of mass(fat and muscle) lost a week and probably another 4lbs of water weight per week too. So losing 20 lbs in 2 weeks is about right....

BUT with that said it's still awesome that you found something that could help you get your weight down, no matter what anyone says. The only thing is that now that you are getting lighter, you are going to have to adjust more frequently to make sure you maintain muscle mass while losing fat. I mean nobody wants to be that skinny fat guy. lol.
 09-04-2011, 05:31 PMaway - #49
JFamis 174 heat pts174 space
avatar
space
$14,226 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by bibbyboi
I think he was pointing out that its easier for "larger" people to do crash diets and be successful. You were 320 and eating/drinking less than 2000 calories per day. Thats like a 2000 calorie deficit. Thats 4-6lbs of mass(fat and muscle) lost a week and probably another 4lbs of water weight per week too. So losing 20 lbs in 2 weeks is about right....

BUT with that said it's still awesome that you found something that could help you get your weight down, no matter what anyone says. The only thing is that now that you are getting lighter, you are going to have to adjust more frequently to make sure you maintain muscle mass while losing fat. I mean nobody wants to be that skinny fat guy. lol.
Got ya. Well, the first 71 pounds I lost by exercising and adjusting my diet. These last 31 pounds I lost juicing. I was about 250 when I started this. I'm eating for the first time today because I want to see what happens.
 09-04-2011, 06:25 PMonline - #50
bibbyboi 16 heat pts16 space
avatar
space
$8,219 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by JFamis
Got ya. Well, the first 71 pounds I lost by exercising and adjusting my diet. These last 31 pounds I lost juicing. I was about 250 when I started this. I'm eating for the first time today because I want to see what happens.
When i first read that i though wtf he never mentioned he was roiding...lol...

Do you have before and after pics? Thats a lot of weight to lose in a short period of time.
 09-04-2011, 06:51 PMaway - #51
JFamis 174 heat pts174 space
avatar
space
$14,226 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by bibbyboi
When i first read that i though wtf he never mentioned he was roiding...lol...

Do you have before and after pics? Thats a lot of weight to lose in a short period of time.
I'm gonna try and get some pics from when I was in the 300s from my mom. To be honest, I kinda hid from the camera during those days, so they're not gonna be your traditional before and after pics.
 09-04-2011, 07:46 PMaway - #52
Bea5T 106 heat pts106 space
avatar
space
$18,670 | POWERFUL
The amount of weight he lost is fine. He's not starving himself and is getting all he needs from the juice
 09-04-2011, 08:27 PMaway - #53
JFamis 174 heat pts174 space
avatar
space
$14,226 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bea5T
The amount of weight he lost is fine. He's not starving himself and is getting all he needs from the juice
This. I got carded going to see 30 Minutes or Less this weekend because the lady thought I was under 17. I'm 25. I look healthy.
 09-05-2011, 01:47 PMaway - #54
JFamis 174 heat pts174 space
avatar
space
$14,226 | POWERFUL
Alright... for people wondering how this will affect my metabolism...

Yesterday I went to lunch with my dad and sister at this sh*t mexican restaurant... I ordered the veggie burrito plate, which was a huge burrito filled with steamed green peppers, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms, and fresh olives and tomatoes. It was covered with hot sauce and had beans and rice as sides. No cheese or sour cream or guac.

I was able to eat two-thirds the plate before I was overly full. I had one serving of juice before that, but was so full for the rest of the day I could barely drink juice again later. I thought for sure I'd gain like three pounds today, but I still dropped .6 pounds, so I'm down about 32.6 pounds now since I started. I also did not exercise yesterday, and only drank a standard eight glasses of water, opposed to the 12-16 I've had while doing this.

That burrito, even though it was veggie, didn't really feel as healthy as what I'd normally eat. But I think this shows if I take it slow, I shouldn't have too bad of weight gain once I start eating regularly again.
 09-06-2011, 02:41 AMaway - #55
damion911  space
avatar
space
$11 | 64299
So did you stop drinking and smoking? If so, for how long and do you still crave tobacco and alcohol?
 09-06-2011, 04:20 AMaway - #56
PradalSerey  space
avatar
space
$975 | 5012815
I didnt quote it but some idiot said that your not getting any fiber and losing water weight....I think he must be borderline retarted to think you can lose water weight while living on a water/juice diet...and no fiber? its all vegetables...

People these days have no concept of a healthy diet, they just follow "the food pyramid"...

People call juicers, or vegetarians or vegans extreme, and picture them as sickly and unhealthy...and any weight loss must be unnatural....
Want to see a body you can get from vegetables, sprouts, roots, nuts and fruits?


Originally Posted by Jsinn23
of u feel good keep at it but yes incorp more stuff daily into it like a salad an egg a piece of cheese. other then that its not something u can stay on forever u feel me?
I would never recommend dairy to someone who has been successfully losing weight...dairy, refined sugar and processed foods/oils should always be avoided.
 09-06-2011, 02:10 PMaway - #57
JFamis 174 heat pts174 space
avatar
space
$14,226 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by damion911
So did you stop drinking and smoking? If so, for how long and do you still crave tobacco and alcohol?
Weed is what I was smoking. I'd smoke a bowl and the. Walk to 7-11 and get a pint of Ben & Jerry's, a hotdog with cheese and chili, Mt Dew and licorice and I'd k!ll that sh*t. Nightly. Once I hit 320, I quit smoking. That was in the summer of 2007. Alcohol has been harder for me to overcome, and is why my weight has been up and down the last four years. I quit drinking in summer 2007 and lost 50 pounds soon as I transferred to Oregon. I was down 70 pounds, but started drinking again in March 2009. Soon as I started drinking again, I was gaining 3 to 5 pounds every weekend until I was back up to 290. I limited my drinking to one weekend a month last November and have been steady losing weight ever since. The biggest fluctuation I've had this year is a 3 pound gain. I also quit eating red meat and fast food around that time too.
 09-06-2011, 02:48 PMonline - #58
bibbyboi 16 heat pts16 space
avatar
space
$8,219 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PradalSerey
I didnt quote it but some idiot said that your not getting any fiber and losing water weight....I think he must be borderline retarted to think you can lose water weight while living on a water/juice diet...and no fiber? its all vegetables...

People these days have no concept of a healthy diet, they just follow "the food pyramid"...

People call juicers, or vegetarians or vegans extreme, and picture them as sickly and unhealthy...and any weight loss must be unnatural....
Want to see a body you can get from vegetables, sprouts, roots, nuts and fruits?




I would never recommend dairy to someone who has been successfully losing weight...dairy, refined sugar and processed foods/oils should always be avoided.
I agree with you on the fiber part. Juicing will give you more than enough fiber throughout the day.

But I can't agree with you on the losing water weight. You lose mostly water weight initially when you start dieting, and you also shed water weight more consistently when you drink more water. So by only drinking juice with a lot of veggies, which contain a lot of water, you probably end up drinking way more water than you would normally. I upped my water intake to about 1 gallon and a half and i can really tell the difference in how much water i'm retaining compared to days i don't get to drink that much.

Also why avoid dairy?

And Mac Danzig?? Really?? He's about average built imo.
 09-06-2011, 10:06 PMaway - #59
PradalSerey  space
avatar
space
$975 | 5012815
Originally Posted by bibbyboi
I agree with you on the fiber part. Juicing will give you more than enough fiber throughout the day.

But I can't agree with you on the losing water weight. You lose mostly water weight initially when you start dieting, and you also shed water weight more consistently when you drink more water. So by only drinking juice with a lot of veggies, which contain a lot of water, you probably end up drinking way more water than you would normally. I upped my water intake to about 1 gallon and a half and i can really tell the difference in how much water i'm retaining compared to days i don't get to drink that much.

Also why avoid dairy?

And Mac Danzig?? Really?? He's about average built imo.


theres a couple reasons, but other then that mostly because milk now is usually from cows fed horrible "feed" often containing hormones or other garbage. I barely trust eating meat in america. There are dozens of links to higher statistics of MANY diseases attributed to dairy. not many are proven and many may prove to be myth, but in this day and age. Why bother with the risk? its not too difficult to atleast limit dairy intake. It may save your life.

And Mac danzig just shows that vegans arnt necessarily frail and anemic as people think they are. (p.s. im not vegan and if someone told me not to eat chicken i may very well be forced to beat them lol)

Last edited by PradalSerey; 09-06-2011 at 10:10 PM..
 09-06-2011, 11:16 PMaway - #60
anonymous414  space
avatar
space
$544 | 733261
and they say juicing is bad for you...
 

Home > BX Table Of Contents > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
39 viewing
Video inside Cardi B   
96 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
35 viewing
MMA You gonna learn today - Ronda Rousey Breaks Manís Ribs..
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
27 viewing
Image inside That time Will Smith was the gay best friend
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
27 viewing
Tommy Sotomayor Threatens To Kill Cory Holcomb And Crew If..
118 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
23 viewing
Image inside Well damn Drake new girl  
111 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
21 viewing
Video inside Got Her Ass  
73 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Video inside G-Unit at The Breakfast Club: Beast is G-Unit, New ..
108 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Mar 3 - A D.C. Man Walks Into A Police Station And Asks Fo..
42 comments
@news
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Video inside Noisey Atlanta - Rich Gang: Sometimes You Win, Some..
59 comments
@hiphop


contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   mobile   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time.