This is BX @ Boxden.com

Why was Russell Wilson drafted in the third round, and Mark Sanchez in the First?

Why was Russell Wilson drafted in the third round, and Mark Sanchez in the First?
topic by Lucky Shoes - 01-13-2014, 06:38 AM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

> Why was Russell Wilson drafted in the third round, and Mark Sanchez in the First? - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below! I think it's safe to say Russell is better...but what the hell did GMs see in Sanchez that made him a top 10 pick > Why was Russell Wilson drafted in the third round, and Mark Sanchez in the First? - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

20 comments for "Why was Russell Wilson drafted in the third round, and Mark Sanchez in the First?"

01-13-2014, 06:42 AMaway - #2
Skeletons 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$1,533 | 13421278
 01-13-2014, 06:43 AMaway - #3
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts

d 
space
$13,546 | POWERFUL
Lol. I guess it's easy to ask that 2-3 years later after 1 player is a bust
 01-13-2014, 06:51 AMaway - #4
Saintaholic 82 heat pts82

d 
space
$17,458 | POWERFUL
I blame the Mel Kipers of the world and the GMs for listening to them. Watch the tape it doesnt lie you can see the players that take plays off, you can see the QB that commands a huddle, you can see how he reacts after a mistake etc. Scouts and GMs let measurables trump all other very important attributes in players like leadership, durability, and the abilty to process info and apply it on the football field.
 01-13-2014, 07:14 AMaway - #5
Young_ 244 heat pts244

d 
space
$21,124 | POWERFUL
You never know what someone has inside them first off. you can't predict that ####. ncaa to nfl is a huge transition. some of these guys aint even men when they make it to the nfl, they're youngins mentally. so u scout and scout and scout tryna weed out what u don't want. say u skip a guy bc he had character issues when little did u know, he promised himself he would shape up once he made it to the league n was just livin the college life. no one could know that for sure but the individual. just an example. also, u never know how much coaches are doing for a player. is he really that talented to go in the first round? or did he just have an advantage in college in that the schools football program was set up perfectly for him. take a guy like that to the pro's and his crutch is suddenly gone n he b0mbs.

I remember being chosen as a starter in high school. I had been busting my a$s all summer before the season and the coaches barely noticed me. then one day, I got a haircut and the coaches thought I was a new ni##a. he asks me my name and throws me a couple balls. ####s were bullets but i still caught em. what if i never got that cut and kept just blendin in or w/e? mighta never got noticed and put on the spot to perform. mighta never been a starter but my talent level woulda been what it was regardless.. lot more luck to coaches even spotting a player than people think. remember all the larry johnsons and miles austins who just subbed in for a game or two and then the whole world sucked them off.

scouting is flawed sometimes they get it right. most times they get it wrong. personally, i think the environment a player is put in when they hit the league does waaaaaaaay more than any one player does in determining who balls.

only 1 qb left in the playoffs got picked in the 1st round u feel me

Last edited by Young_; 01-13-2014 at 07:17 AM..
 01-13-2014, 07:27 AMaway - #6
rawchester 5 heat pts

d 
space
$4,020 | 13404869
^^ A lot of times I think scouts remain in the past too long. Like in the NCAA guys who were rated the highest in High School basketball always remain seen as lottery picks even if their body of work in college isn't as impressive. Meanwhile a junior can be ballin out but he loses points because "he's supposed to be that polished as a junior/senior etc." It really doesn't make sense to me.

When Bargnani went #1 overall all the GM's said Brandon Roy was the most NBA ready prospect and he still ended up falling to like the 5th or 6th pick. Pre Injury he was the class of that draft, yet Scouts were willing to reach on younger, less ready, less accomplished players....

damian Lillard is another great example
 01-13-2014, 07:39 AMaway - #7
Skeletons 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$1,533 | 13421278
I remember everyone thought Reggie Bush was going to revolutionize the NFL

I told all of them that he wouldn't even come close to being that good because the NFL today does not allow the BSanders type of HB
 01-13-2014, 07:42 AMaway - #8
all3rd 359 heat pts359

d 
space
$46,492 | POWERFUL
I thought scouts said Keenan Allen was small and couldn't get separation?
 01-13-2014, 07:59 AMonline - #9
Aleandroid 334 heat pts334

d 
space
$12,590 | POWERFUL
i remember when pete carroll snapped cause mark was delcaring

and one dudes under 6 feet and the other isnt
 01-13-2014, 08:04 AMaway - #10
SeattleWon 615 heat pts615

d 
space
$49,240 | POWERFUL
Cause he was too small

Pete Carroll wanted him in the 2nd round though, but John Schneider convinced him he'd be there in the 3rd
 01-13-2014, 08:43 AMaway - #11
Rique 30 heat pts30

d 
space
$26,015 | POWERFUL
Yeah because people can predict the future...

Why was Oden taken over Durant

Why didn't Jordan go #1 I mean cmon man
 01-13-2014, 08:49 AMaway - #12
layzie8171 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$8,515 | POWERFUL
he would have been #1 if he wasn't 5'10. they said if he was 6'4+ he would have easily been a top 3 pick
 01-13-2014, 08:51 AMaway - #13
refuze 74 heat pts74

d 
space
$14,965 | POWERFUL
never trust USC quarterbacks
 01-13-2014, 08:55 AMaway - #14
SeattleWon 615 heat pts615

d 
space
$49,240 | POWERFUL

mel kiper lawst eternal
 01-13-2014, 09:03 AMaway - #15
Lucky Shoes 7 heat pts

d 
space
$1,896 | 0
Originally Posted by Black Yeezus
You never know what someone has inside them first off. you can't predict that ####. ncaa to nfl is a huge transition. some of these guys aint even men when they make it to the nfl, they're youngins mentally. so u scout and scout and scout tryna weed out what u don't want. say u skip a guy bc he had character issues when little did u know, he promised himself he would shape up once he made it to the league n was just livin the college life. no one could know that for sure but the individual. just an example. also, u never know how much coaches are doing for a player. is he really that talented to go in the first round? or did he just have an advantage in college in that the schools football program was set up perfectly for him. take a guy like that to the pro's and his crutch is suddenly gone n he b0mbs.

I remember being chosen as a starter in high school. I had been busting my a$s all summer before the season and the coaches barely noticed me. then one day, I got a haircut and the coaches thought I was a new ni##a. he asks me my name and throws me a couple balls. ####s were bullets but i still caught em. what if i never got that cut and kept just blendin in or w/e? mighta never got noticed and put on the spot to perform. mighta never been a starter but my talent level woulda been what it was regardless.. lot more luck to coaches even spotting a player than people think. remember all the larry johnsons and miles austins who just subbed in for a game or two and then the whole world sucked them off.

scouting is flawed sometimes they get it right. most times they get it wrong. personally, i think the environment a player is put in when they hit the league does waaaaaaaay more than any one player does in determining who balls.

only 1 qb left in the playoffs got picked in the 1st round u feel me
Good observation
 01-13-2014, 09:07 AMaway - #16
wjcorner 3 heat pts

d 
space
$7,430 | POWERFUL
Because scouting is a crapshoot...you can go full tangibles and end up like the Raiders or full intangibles and end up like the Falcons. Finding that perfect blend isn't a science. Plus taking players out of certain systems, finding out how much of a player's success is based off other players, player's own temperament where some say they've 'made' it once they make the NFL and others keep pushing to improve for bigger things...like I said, it isn't an exact science, a player can have all the green lights and fail
 01-13-2014, 09:07 AMaway - #17
Bkjj11 305 heat pts305

d 
space
$39,530 | POWERFUL
lol stupid thread.

usc produce lame qbs.
 01-13-2014, 09:07 AMonline - #18
CosbySweater 178 heat pts178

d 
space
$22,662 | POWERFUL
size. that's it.

if he was 6'3 he would've been drafted before RGIII.
 01-13-2014, 09:18 AMonline - #19
portis187 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$5,106 | POWERFUL
it's about what team & system you go to. If luck, cam, russ, or kap was on the jags, browns, or raiders they would be getting called bust already.
 01-13-2014, 09:25 AMaway - #20
Bart Pimpson 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$6,971 | POWERFUL

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Oct 23 - Substitute Teacher Gives Student A BJ On Her First Day
102 comments
Oct 23 - Ebola in NYC
79 comments
Image inside  Klay Thompson Still Winning Yoooooooooooooooooo!
146 comments
 BOX Floyd Mayweather Is Scared Of Black Fighters
New reply 3 seconds ago - 65 comments - by Blue Mercury
 Video inside Hater Punches Ilovemakonnen At Sobs
New reply 2 minutes ago - 264 comments - by EZ Green
 NBA Kendrick Lamar, Kevin Hart Highlight Cleveland Cavalie...
New reply 10 seconds ago - 94 comments - by metatr0n
 NBA Jeanie Buss: ‘any Free Agent That Would Be Afraid To P...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 88 comments - by T.O.N.Y.
 NCAAF Notre Dame Freshman Wr Justin Brent Dating Legendary F...
New reply 31 seconds ago - 165 comments - by theFREAK
 Image(s) inside White Girl Got Azz!!!!!!
New reply 5 minutes ago - 98 comments - by tokinjohn
 NBA Shawn Kemp Top 10 Dunks (the Blake Griffin Of The 90s,...
New reply 1 minute ago - 132 comments - by EZ Green
  Is There Any Rapper That Never "fell Off"?
New reply 6 minutes ago - 148 comments - by JewsusChrist

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,796 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.