This is BX @ Boxden.com


Why Doesn't Baseball Play In The Rain?


 Why Doesn't Baseball Play In The Rain?
topic by MainEv3nt - 03-31-2008, 11:52 AM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter


football an soccer do it.


Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

54 comments for "Why Doesn't Baseball Play In The Rain?"


 03-31-2008, 12:01 PMaway - #2
casper 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$14,747 | POWERFUL
baseball does play in the rain, just not when it been raining ridiculously hard...

i honestly dont know why other sports can but all i could think of is the baseballs could get waterlogged, alot of the field is dirt, & that turning into mud could turn into injuries... i dont really know


i remember when we played, we played in the rain, but we had to stop if there was any lightening cuz of the metal bats & #### like that, just a saftey precaution
 03-31-2008, 12:06 PMonline - #3
dre03 

  d 
space
$7,794 | POWERFUL
Because in baseball there can be serious consequences if you cannot see the ball and since the ball is so small it makes it near impossible to see in the rain... Particularly getting smacked in the head with a line drive and not to mention when it comes to pitching so much resides on control and for a batter so much resides on vision... There is really nothing in baseball that can be done in the rain aside from baserunning

In football the ball is alot larger and can be seen easily in rain there is also no increase in injury risk while in the rain in football.. Plus alot does not reside on great weather in order to play football effectively... Granted everything becomes harder but not unplayable...

Soccer is the same thing the ball is huge it can be seen in the rain we have already est@blished that you can run and kick in the rain as football does it... So Soccer is okay...
 03-31-2008, 12:08 PMonline - #4
dre03 

  d 
space
$7,794 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by casper
baseball does play in the rain, just not when it been raining ridiculously hard...

i honestly dont know why other sports can but all i could think of is the baseballs could get waterlogged, alot of the field is dirt, & that turning into mud could turn into injuries... i dont really know


i remember when we played, we played in the rain, but we had to stop if there was any lightening cuz of the metal bats & #### like that, just a saftey precaution
No sport allows playing when it is lightning... Heavy rains and snow yes... But its all about visibility vision is the most important thing in baseball if you cannot see the ball effectively you cant play baseball... The ball is so small chances are there would be alot of incidents in which players get smacked with ball
 03-31-2008, 12:09 PMonline - #5
dre03 

  d 
space
$7,794 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by majestic75
The thing that never made sense to me about baseball is that if they don't play in the rain then why do they keep building stadiums with open roofs? At least build them with retractable roofs.
Same here bro... I always thought the same thing... And whats funny is they have the open stadiums in the worst weather cities
 03-31-2008, 12:12 PMaway - #6
casper 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$14,747 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dre03
Same here bro... I always thought the same thing... And whats funny is they have the open stadiums in the worst weather cities

haha, yea thats true


some places wit domes tho, the outfielders lose site of the ball, cuz it blends it wit the ceiling...i know, thats dumb just paint the ceiling black or somethin, lol
 03-31-2008, 12:13 PMaway - #7
hockeythug 53 heat pts53

  d 
space
$17,433 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by majestic75
The thing that never made sense to me about baseball is that if they don't play in the rain then why do they keep building stadiums with open roofs? At least build them with retractable roofs.
Because the cities are too cheap to spend the extra 150mill or so to add the roof.
 03-31-2008, 12:16 PMaway - #8
SHootar 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$18,158 | POWERFUL
this is ####ing GAY theres like 3 games in rain delays right now. #### ruining my afternoon!
 03-31-2008, 12:18 PMaway - #9
MainEv3nt|M 18 heat pts18

  d 
space
$20,873 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by SHootar
this is ####ing GAY theres like 3 games in rain delays right now. #### ruining my afternoon!
who u tellin im tryin watch the yankees game
 03-31-2008, 12:19 PMonline - #10
dre03 

  d 
space
$7,794 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by hockeythug
Because the cities are too cheap to spend the extra 150mill or so to add the roof.
I think George Steinbrenner can afford to put a roof on yankee stadium the new one in April 09 will have an open roof as well...

Im like casper i just dont know why they choose not to
 03-31-2008, 12:20 PMaway - #11
casper 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$14,747 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by hockeythug
Because the cities are too cheap to spend the extra 150mill or so to add the roof.
lmao


that just sounds funny


"to cheap to spend that extra 150 mill"


ur right tho, but it also looks nicer open...they should all be retractable...i remember last year there games ####in snowin, that #### was ridiculous
 03-31-2008, 12:21 PMaway - #12
feardafoot 

  d 
space
$3,198 | 4775196
Well i'm guessing if the baseball got too wet there would be a big control problem, and the risk of a head shot increases.
 03-31-2008, 12:21 PMaway - #13
refuze 71 heat pts71

  d 
space
$14,876 | POWERFUL
baseball is ####
 03-31-2008, 12:31 PMaway - #14
wiseguy 

  d 
space
$366 | 1117245
I find it stupid that with all these new stadiums being built a retractable dome is not a requirement. If every new stadium being built implemented this it reduces the postponements of games. I mean thats a real drag about baseball. Having to wait 3 hrs to start a game or continue it when the game takes over 3 hrs its self. Or worse when they call the game off completely. Just build retractable roof and use them when it rains. theres always away to get around money

Last edited by wiseguy; 03-31-2008 at 12:33 PM..
 03-31-2008, 12:37 PMaway - #15
hockeythug 53 heat pts53

  d 
space
$17,433 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by casper
lmao


that just sounds funny


"to cheap to spend that extra 150 mill"


ur right tho, but it also looks nicer open...they should all be retractable...i remember last year there games ####in snowin, that #### was ridiculous
Well when your already spending 600mill(nationals stadium), whats another 150?
 03-31-2008, 12:40 PMaway - #16
icedout921 

  d 
space
$8,762 | 0
Originally Posted by dre03
I think George Steinbrenner can afford to put a roof on yankee stadium the new one in April 09 will have an open roof as well...

Im like casper i just dont know why they choose not to
they all can afford it but that doesnt mean their not to cheap.

i mean how many owners actcually build the stadium out of their own pockets its ridculous.

and theirs no shot at getting a good baseball game in the rain anyone whose played knows that.
 03-31-2008, 12:46 PMaway - #17
JBeezy 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$13,519 | POWERFUL
Because they're soft.
 03-31-2008, 01:11 PMaway - #18
AnthonyCruz 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,824 | 15552840
The Skydome in Canada has a roof. They close it when it's rain and they play. Always thought that was tight.
 03-31-2008, 01:29 PMaway - #19
Lex Lossis 42 heat pts42

  d 
space
$23,444 | POWERFUL
How can #### a$s BX ni##as accept football in the rain, but not baseball in the rain? weather affects how u play and that is why all sports should be inside IMO!!!
 03-31-2008, 01:40 PMaway - #20
icedout921 

  d 
space
$8,762 | 0
Originally Posted by Lex Lossis
How can #### a$s BX ni##as accept football in the rain, but not baseball in the rain? weather affects how u play and that is why all sports should be inside IMO!!!
..

The rain does not affect football as much as it does baseball.
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Samsung Galaxy S5 Beats iPhone 6 In New Benchmarks
78 comments
Ios 8 now available
107 comments
Image inside  NBA 2k15 Face Scanning
68 comments
 NFL Arizona Cardinals Rb Jonathan Dwyer Arrested For Domes...
New reply 1 minute ago - 105 comments - by getlowmoe
 NFL Rgiii Told By Nfl Not To Wear ‘know Jesus, Know Peace’...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 62 comments - by Icon709
 Image(s) inside Sep 17 - Pizza Hut Testing 'skinny Slice'
New reply 1 minute ago - 51 comments - by phantomnation
 Image(s) inside Jay Z & Beyoncé Are Working On A Joint Album
New reply 20 minutes ago - 59 comments - by 187Proof
  Name The 3 Biggest Mysteries In Hip Hop
New reply 2 minutes ago - 141 comments - by DASKCREW1
 Image(s) inside Kendrick Lamar-i Love Myself Artwork
New reply 24 minutes ago - 121 comments - by RoyceDa59
 Image(s) inside Smash Or Pass: Mexican Bbw Singer Janney Marin Aka Chi...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 88 comments - by OchoLoco
 NFL Brandon Marshall: "espn Lied To Me For 2 Years Ab...
New reply 45 minutes ago - 77 comments - by Honolulu Blue

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.