Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Why Doesn't Baseball Play In The Rain?

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
255 viewing
Audio inside Meek Mill - Beautiful Nightmare (Drake Diss)
197 comments
most viewed right now
137 viewing
 Meek mills album refunded 9000+ times in 3 days
29 comments

top in section
48 viewing
 Image inside Adult Superstar Nikki Benz Disses Meek Mill
top in hiphop
top in section
29 viewing
 Image inside Draw a line between 2 planet positions every few days. Watch what happ..
top in wild'ish

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Why Doesn't Baseball Play In The Rain?
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #1
4499 pageviews
54 comments

MainEv3nt|M 21 heat pts21 space
XBOX/PSN=xxMainEv3nt
space
$21,236 | POWERFUL
football an soccer do it.

54 comments for "Why Doesn't Baseball Play In The Rain?"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #2
casper 1 heat pts space
i'm wut hiphop used to be
space
$14,750 | POWERFUL
baseball does play in the rain, just not when it been raining ridiculously hard...

i honestly dont know why other sports can but all i could think of is the baseballs could get waterlogged, alot of the field is dirt, & that turning into mud could turn into injuries... i dont really know

i remember when we played, we played in the rain, but we had to stop if there was any lightening cuz of the metal bats & sh*t like that, just a saftey precaution
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #3
dre03  space
space
$8,582 | POWERFUL
Because in baseball there can be serious consequences if you cannot see the ball and since the ball is so small it makes it near impossible to see in the rain... Particularly getting smacked in the head with a line drive and not to mention when it comes to pitching so much resides on control and for a batter so much resides on vision... There is really nothing in baseball that can be done in the rain aside from baserunning

In football the ball is alot larger and can be seen easily in rain there is also no increase in injury risk while in the rain in football.. Plus alot does not reside on great weather in order to play football effectively... Granted everything becomes harder but not unplayable...

Soccer is the same thing the ball is huge it can be seen in the rain we have already established that you can run and kick in the rain as football does it... So Soccer is okay...
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #4
dre03  space
space
$8,582 | POWERFUL
casper said:
baseball does play in the rain, just not when it been raining ridiculously hard...

i honestly dont know why other sports can but all i could think of is the baseballs could get waterlogged, alot of the field is dirt, & that turning into mud could turn into injuries... i dont really know

i remember when we played, we played in the rain, but we had to stop if there was any lightening cuz of the metal bats & sh*t like that, just a saftey precaution
No sport allows playing when it is lightning... Heavy rains and snow yes... But its all about visibility vision is the most important thing in baseball if you cannot see the ball effectively you cant play baseball... The ball is so small chances are there would be alot of incidents in which players get smacked with ball
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #5
dre03  space
space
$8,582 | POWERFUL
majestic75 said:
The thing that never made sense to me about baseball is that if they don't play in the rain then why do they keep building stadiums with open roofs? At least build them with retractable roofs.
Same here bro... I always thought the same thing... And whats funny is they have the open stadiums in the worst weather cities
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #6
casper 1 heat pts space
space
$14,750 | POWERFUL
dre03 said:
Same here bro... I always thought the same thing... And whats funny is they have the open stadiums in the worst weather cities

haha, yea thats true

some places wit domes tho, the outfielders lose site of the ball, cuz it blends it wit the ceiling...i know, thats dumb just paint the ceiling black or somethin, lol
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #7
hockeythug 63 heat pts63 space
space
$18,340 | POWERFUL
majestic75 said:
The thing that never made sense to me about baseball is that if they don't play in the rain then why do they keep building stadiums with open roofs? At least build them with retractable roofs.
Because the cities are too cheap to spend the extra 150mill or so to add the roof.
Unread 7 years agoclass of '06 - away - #8
SHootar 27 heat pts27 space
That High Life
space
$19,636 | POWERFUL
this is fu*king GAY theres like 3 games in rain delays right now. fu*k ruining my afternoon!
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #9
MainEv3nt|M 21 heat pts21 space
XBOX/PSN=xxMainEv3nt
space
$21,236 | POWERFUL
SHootar said:
this is fu*king GAY theres like 3 games in rain delays right now. fu*k ruining my afternoon!
who u tellin im tryin watch the yankees game
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #10
dre03  space
space
$8,582 | POWERFUL
hockeythug said:
Because the cities are too cheap to spend the extra 150mill or so to add the roof.
I think George Steinbrenner can afford to put a roof on yankee stadium the new one in April 09 will have an open roof as well...

Im like casper i just dont know why they choose not to
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #11
casper 1 heat pts space
space
$14,750 | POWERFUL
hockeythug said:
lmao

that just sounds funny

"to cheap to spend that extra 150 mill"

ur right tho, but it also looks nicer open...they should all be retractable...i remember last year there games fu*kin snowin, that sh*t was ridiculous
Unread 7 years agoclass of '05 - away - #12
feardafoot  space
space
$3,205 | 4950358
Well i'm guessing if the baseball got too wet there would be a big control problem, and the risk of a head shot increases.
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #13
refuze 90 heat pts90 space
The World Is Mine
space
$15,726 | POWERFUL
baseball is sh*t
Unread 7 years agoclass of '07 - away - #14
wiseguy  space
I love me some me
space
$366 | 1117245
I find it stupid that with all these new stadiums being built a retractable dome is not a requirement. If every new stadium being built implemented this it reduces the postponements of games. I mean thats a real drag about baseball. Having to wait 3 hrs to start a game or continue it when the game takes over 3 hrs its self. Or worse when they call the game off completely. Just build retractable roof and use them when it rains. theres always away to get around money

Last edited by wiseguy; 03-31-2008 at 12:33 PM..
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #15
hockeythug 63 heat pts63 space
space
$18,340 | POWERFUL
casper said:
lmao

that just sounds funny

"to cheap to spend that extra 150 mill"

ur right tho, but it also looks nicer open...they should all be retractable...i remember last year there games fu*kin snowin, that sh*t was ridiculous
Well when your already spending 600mill(nationals stadium), whats another 150?
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #16
icedout921  space
space
$8,762 | 0
dre03 said:
I think George Steinbrenner can afford to put a roof on yankee stadium the new one in April 09 will have an open roof as well...

Im like casper i just dont know why they choose not to
they all can afford it but that doesnt mean their not to cheap.

i mean how many owners actcually build the stadium out of their own pockets its ridculous.

and theirs no shot at getting a good baseball game in the rain anyone whose played knows that.
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #17
JBeezy 1 heat pts space
Mr. Swearengen
space
$13,614 | POWERFUL
Because they're soft.
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #18
AnthonyCruz 1 heat pts space
NY Knicks Basketball.
space
$4,826 | 15639960
The Skydome in Canada has a roof. They close it when it's rain and they play. Always thought that was tight.
Unread 7 years agoclass of '07 - away - #19
Lex Lossis 53 heat pts53 space
CAN'T STOP US
space
$24,280 | POWERFUL
How can pus*y a.ss BX n*ggas accept football in the rain, but not baseball in the rain? weather affects how u play and that is why all sports should be inside IMO!!!
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #20
icedout921  space
space
$8,762 | 0
Lex Lossis said:
How can pus*y a.ss BX n*ggas accept football in the rain, but not baseball in the rain? weather affects how u play and that is why all sports should be inside IMO!!!

The rain does not affect football as much as it does baseball.

Home > all sections > BX SportsCenter

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
547 viewing
Image inside BREAKING: 100 Days 100 Night Killing Spree Gang War In South Central LA
523 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
67 viewing
Image inside Jay Z x The Weeknd | On the set of 'The Hills Remix'
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
25 viewing
Video inside Man raped by woman shares his story
65 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
22 viewing
Video inside Kia Shine Exposed Drake Years Ago For Having Ghostwriters ....Birdman P..
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
22 viewing
Image inside Looks Like Birdman Has Moved On From Wayne And Thugger
315 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside Is this creature pictured in the Amazon jungle a visitor from outer sp..
68 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Jul 26 - Florida: Two 14 Year-Old Boys Lost At Sea; Capsized Boat Found, Boys ..
99 comments
@news
most viewed right now
10 viewing
NBA J.R. Smith to Lakers? Probably fake rumor
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Image inside Cosby: The Women
100 comments
@movies

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time