This is BX @ Boxden.com

Why do some consider Joe Montana the greatest QB ever over Peyton Manning?

Why do some consider Joe Montana the greatest QB ever over Peyton Manning?
Unhappy topic by Pitts Gutta - 09-29-2010, 10:59 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

I personally think Manning is the greatest ever. If you look at his stats vs Montana's there really isn't a comparison to me. I believe Montana only has the upper edge because of Super Bowl wns. But let's be real. Joe had Rice. Harrison wasn't Rice. Wayne isn't Rice. Why isn't Peyton just flat out considering the greatest?

Peyton Manning (through 12 seasons,3 games):
QB Rating: 95.6
Completion %: 64.9
Yards: 51,141
TD's: 375
Interceptions: 181

Joe Montana (15 seasons):
QB Rating: 92.3
Completion %: 63.2
Yards: 40,551
TD's: 273
Interceptions: 139

Latest Sports Hot Topics Ľ   share this topic Ľ   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

100 comments for "Why do some consider Joe Montana the greatest QB ever over Peyton Manning?"

09-29-2010, 11:02 PMaway - #2
ReppinDaBurghh 51 heat pts51

d 
space
$42,948 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Pitts Gutta
I personally think Manning is the greatest ever. If you look at his stats vs Montana's there really isn't a comparison to me. I believe Montana only has the upper edge because of Super Bowl wns. But let's be real. Joe had Rice. Harrison wasn't Rice. Wayne isn't Rice. Why isn't Peyton just flat out considering the greatest?
Off Topic, but............

If Brady was throwing to Harrison and Wayne for the entire first half of his career he'd be the leader in every stat category possible career wise for a QB.

Just saying.

Carry on with your thread.
 09-29-2010, 11:03 PMaway - #3
Pyro911 3 heat pts

d 
space
$8,866 | 16506348

09-29-2010, 11:04 PMaway - #4
Bea5T 91 heat pts91

d 
space
$17,741 | POWERFUL
Joe Montana won 2 superbowls before Rice was even in the NFL

Kids on here need to go read up on their NFL history

Stats don't mean ####.....the NFL is now a passing league, you see tons of QB's put up godly numbers..Montana was a revolutionary during his time. A QB taking over games

ANd if you want to bring up stats, compare playoffs and superbowls
 09-29-2010, 11:06 PMaway - #5
DJ Maximum|M 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$36,131 | POWERFUL
cuz he was

peyton is top 3 all time

Montana is the GOAT QB

Jerry Rice is The GOAT WR
 09-29-2010, 11:08 PMaway - #6
nasty17 

d 
space
$158 | 428118
because he is...and thats from a manning ryda. (the sb loss dont help either)
 09-29-2010, 11:09 PMaway - #7
BrookLynnStiles 33 heat pts33

d 
space
$6,589 | POWERFUL
because he wears his skechers?
 09-29-2010, 11:10 PMaway - #8
QualityRecords 7 heat pts

d 
space
$13,164 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Reppindaburghh
Off Topic, but............

If Brady was throwing to Harrison and Wayne for the entire first half of his career he'd be the leader in every stat category possible career wise for a QB.

Just saying.

Carry on with your thread.
If his coach wasn't cheating he wouldn't have at least one of those Super Bowls...

He wouldn't have caught Favre's career TD mark yet either, he has a LONG way to go to catch him.
 09-29-2010, 11:14 PMaway - #9
beantown 74 heat pts74

d 
space
$23,377 | POWERFUL
Brady >>> Peyton

Brady>>> Montana

sorry
 09-29-2010, 11:15 PMaway - #10
Pyro911 3 heat pts

d 
space
$8,866 | 16506348
Originally Posted by Bea5T
Joe Montana won 2 superbowls before Rice was even in the NFL

Kids on here need to go read up on their NFL history

Stats don't mean ####.....the NFL is now a passing league, you see tons of QB's put up godly numbers..Montana was a revolutionary during his time. A QB taking over games

ANd if you want to bring up stats, compare playoffs and superbowls

Orton just put 476, more yards than Elway EVER did in a game.
Orton>Elway (on the colts btw)
 09-29-2010, 11:17 PMaway - #11
creep 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$6,754 | 17535543
I hate the ####ing niners but I gotta admit Montana Is the GOAT QB and Rice is the GOAT WR
 09-29-2010, 11:18 PMaway - #12
ReppinDaBurghh 51 heat pts51

d 
space
$42,948 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by QualityRecords
If his coach wasn't cheating he wouldn't have at least one of those Super Bowls...

He wouldn't have caught Favre's career TD mark yet either, he has a LONG way to go to catch him.
Salty a$s Colts fan complaining about the videotapes. They beat the Steelers outta the playoffs twice in that era and I don't complain. Belicheck pulled a boss move and organized that #### and won 3 superbowls. You mad?
 09-29-2010, 11:21 PMaway - #13
slimwillie 

d 
space
$19,771 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by beantown
Brady >>> Peyton

Brady>>> Montana

sorry
4-0 in SB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3-1

@ having the highest scoring offense ever and only scoring 14 on a wildcard team. Joe cool never lost a SB . brady is great but ur homerism is showing
 09-29-2010, 11:24 PMonline - #14
Xaiv 44 heat pts44

d 
space
$3,232 | POWERFUL
because he is you young a$s ni##a
 09-29-2010, 11:36 PMaway - #15
Matrix 50 heat pts50

d 
space
$8,312 | POWERFUL
Peyton Manning is the greatest REGULAR SEASON qb of all time.........
 09-29-2010, 11:49 PMonline - #16
FrankAndBeans 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$1,794 | POWERFUL
God damn man you could at least google Joe Montana's accomplishments before you ramble off such foolishness.

Like ya boy already said, Joe Montana won 2 Superbowls before Jerry Rice got there...and he won it throwing to some ni##as named Freddie Solomon and Dwight Clark. You MIGHT have heard of Dwight Clark but no one knows Freddie Solomon.

But why is Joe Montana considered the G.O.A.T. and not Peyton Manning? Because Joe Montana was beyond great in the post-season and straight f*ckin' LEGENDARY in Superbowls. Any REAL football fan knows that POSTSEASON > REGULAR SEASON. Peyton on the other hand has been known to under-perform in the post-season. Even in the only superbowl he won (in which they gifted him the MVP) he posted up a rather average QB rating of 81.7. I can't think of anything great Peyton Manning has ever done in the postseason...Montana on the other hand...

Peyton Manning PostSeason
Playoff QB Rating: 87.4
Superbowl QB Rating: 83.5

Joe Montana PostSeason
Playoff QB Rating: 95.6
Superbowl QB Rating: 127.8 <---:wow:

Peyton Manning's regular season stats (as well as others) have been inflated due to recent rule changes that limit the way cornerbacks can contact WRs. Before the rule change (which went into effect in 2004) Peyton's career QB rating was 88.1. As soon as the rule changed Peyton threw for 49 touchdowns.

But anyway...

Joe Montana: 4 superbowls, 11 SB TDs, no SB INTs
Peyton Manning: 1-1 in superbowls.

I'll take a postseason great over a regular season great anyday.
 09-29-2010, 11:52 PMaway - #17
gGgM35 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$2,998 | 10851426
Originally Posted by iAmKingMook
Peyton Manning is the greatest REGULAR SEASON qb of all time.........
Beat me to it the man is a BEAST in the regular season but when it comes to the playoffs the man is a choke artist, during that superbowl I believe the man had something like 5 tds and 8 or 9 picks he wasn't even the reason that they won the sb that year his D and running game put in the work for him.
 09-30-2010, 12:01 AMonline - #18
Brdn08 1 heat pts

d 
space
$880 | 3213570
Peyton is the Goat next is Dan then Joe. You guys must no understand football. Manning is more acurate throwing tougher passes and freeastyles about a third of the offense and is in total control. Further he's more durable than Joe was and his defense isn't any good unless they play with the lead (that's an overstatement but they play a lot better with a lead and average at best without one). Never has there been a qb that wins aso many games with such a small share of time of possession. ometimes the colts only have the ball for 20 mins of a game and still win by three or 4 tds which is off the charts. Also there is no qb capable of making names like peyton ie stokeley garcon collie he even made blair white look respectable. Plus he's been doing this the past couple of years with a run game thats severely anemic. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what was wrong with the pass he threw to wayne in the SB that was a pick 6 the pre snap and post snap reads were correct the saint just took a better break to the ball but You guys probably also think Kurt warner's pick six in the SB was a bad throw too.
 09-30-2010, 12:09 AMaway - #19
Switchc2390 6 heat pts

d 
space
$14,387 | POWERFUL
Marino > Peyton.
 09-30-2010, 12:43 AMaway - #20
dj X 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$13,423 | POWERFUL
Steve Young>>>

dude is still getting paid from his USFL contract lol

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Titanfall teases 'biggest update' details for tomorr..
67 comments
NCAAF Todd Gurley to be reinstated
52 comments
NBA 4thQtrKobe with 3 consecutive baskets in the clutch
88 comments
 Video inside Honey Cocaine - Curveball...exposing Thirsty Men And O...
New reply 4 seconds ago - 271 comments - by blafy
 Video inside Oct 21 - Man To Obama: Don't Touch My Girlfriend
New reply 3 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Carlton Black
 Video inside Gay Rumor Control: Tyrese Responds To Spankyís Gay Acc...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 106 comments - by ajeana
  Oct 21 - She Tweeted Against The Mexican Cartels. They...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 56 comments - by Turk3
 Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds 2 Ig Comment
New reply 2 minutes ago - 79 comments - by Dray
 NFL Some Seahawks Players Allegedly Donít Think Russell Wi...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 140 comments - by st21
 MLB The 2014 World Series: Kansas City Royals Vs. San Fran...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 561 comments - by !!!
 Image(s) inside 50 Cent Speaks On Eminem And Jay-z (:truth:)
New reply 5 minutes ago - 176 comments - by BasedonMars

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,829 fans of BX | none new today 4,795 following | none new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.