Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Who is faster? Soccer Players vs NFL Players

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
66 viewing
 Video inside Young Thug's Barter 6 Party In Hollygrove NO A Success, Wanye A No Show..
38 comments
most viewed right now
41 viewing
 Image inside Sexual Healing
13 comments

top in section
20 viewing
 Video inside Hip hop insider satan worship illuminati rap music ind..
top in wild'ish
top in section
35 viewing
 NBA Marbury Is A GOD in China; Got His Face On A Stamps Now!
top in sports

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
Poll results - Who is faster?
Soccer Players 51 46.36%
NFL Players 59 53.64%
Voters: 110. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

 Who is faster? Soccer Players vs NFL Players
Unread 9 years agoclass of '04 - away - #21
experience_it  space
avatar space
me
space
$2,264 | 68016
rikedizzle said:
id say they are close to the same
the faster soccer players are prob as fast as WRs and DBs
Nah, they're not close, football players are faster.

Put them in a sprint and it wouldn't be close to the same.
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '05 - away - #22
Chicano_Flow  space
avatar space
Imagination>Knowledge
space
$1,590 | 3368077
Soccer players, cuz there legs is what they focus on exercising. To score a goal with high speed they need to train there legs to the max, they play for 90 + minutes just running back and forth.They need strong legs to last tha long and to kick the ball with high speeds.
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '04 - away - #23
kenny  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$234 | 121249
most of these people never played a day of soccer in their life but they seem so sure of themselves, the question was who is faster? soccer players or nfl players and the answer is soccer players because I've played both sport and I say this because in soccer from the defense to the offense is fast in football I'll give it to the rbs, dbs and safetys but thats where it stops, I was the fastest person on my freshman football team in high school and I had been playing soccer my whole life and they tried to make me a rb. If the question would have been who is stronger then it would be nfl players
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '05 - away - #24
LookAtTheWheelz  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$807 | POWERFUL
On average soccer players are a lot faster.. But the fastest of the NFL are faster than the fastest soccer players.. Just look at the people who run the 100m dash they look like wide recievers not soccer players..
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '04 - away - #25
goke11429 3 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$11,229 | POWERFUL
Chicano_Flow said:
Soccer players, cuz there legs is what they focus on exercising. To score a goal with high speed they need to train there legs to the max, they play for 90 + minutes just running back and forth.They need strong legs to last tha long and to kick the ball with high speeds.
just based strength=football players
speed=soccer players, simply because there's a higher percentage of faster soccer players than football players...it's usually non stop,plus they also have to pace themselves dribling and protecting the ball plays a factor to their speed....there are some freak linemen(peppers,abraham....etc who could catch most rb's and wr's)

stupid question btw...it's like asking whose stronger a boxer or a wrestler


LookAtTheWheelz said:
On average soccer players are a lot faster.. But the fastest of the NFL are faster than the fastest soccer players.. Just look at the people who run the 100m dash they look like wide recievers not soccer players..
same with football

u could look at samuel eto'o tell me he's not fit enough to play in the nfl or run 100 meter

or steven appiah


Last edited by goke11429; 07-05-2006 at 12:41 AM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '06 - away - #26
ledyardfinest07  space
avatar space
Dont Hate Me Hate My Game
space
$153 | 3186
i think soccer cause they be runnin 45 mins a half thats 45 straight mins a half wit no timeouts come on now and to run up an down a field is crazy i give it to soccer
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '05 - away - #27
LookAtTheWheelz  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$807 | POWERFUL
ledyardfinest07 said:
i think soccer cause they be runnin 45 mins a half thats 45 straight mins a half wit no timeouts come on now and to run up an down a field is crazy i give it to soccer
Thats stamina not speed..
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '05 - away - #28
LookAtTheWheelz  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$807 | POWERFUL
goke11429 said:

u could look at samuel eto'o tell me he's not fit enough to play in the nfl or run 100 meter

or steven appiah
Im not saying they arent fit enough.. Im just saying they arent as fast as people who train for bursts of speed like WR or DB.. Alot of these players even ran track in college...Darrell Green faster than any soccer player ever..believe..
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '04 - away - #29
Cutty Olds  space
avatar space
Brorilla Monsoon
space
$9,810 | POWERFUL
goke11429 said:
just based strength=football players
speed=soccer players, simply because there's a higher percentage of faster soccer players than football players...it's usually non stop,plus they also have to pace themselves dribling and protecting the ball plays a factor to their speed....there are some freak linemen(peppers,abraham....etc who could catch most rb's and wr's)

stupid question btw...it's like asking whose stronger a boxer or a wrestler




same with football

u could look at samuel eto'o tell me he's not fit enough to play in the nfl or run 100 meter

or steven appiah

I agree with you this is a dumb question kinda but

How many players are on the firld for Soccer 5 at at time? Im not for sure But speed spots on the Football field are on Offense
WR = 2
RB = 1
FB = 1
TE = 1 (sometimes 2)

On Defense you have
LB = 2-3
FS = 1
SS = 2
DB = 2

so the percentage of "speedy" people on the field is about the same right?
But honestly your hit on the head by saying "This is like saying who's stronger a Boxer or a Wrestler"

Speed relies on the individual...not the sport that person is playing
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '06 - away - #30
anynameado  space
avatar space
^ It speaks for itself
space
$3,620 | 2380002
For All The People That Said Nfl Player Yall Stupid. You Gotta Think About It, The Nfl Have Players That Are 300+ Pounds And Aint Nobody Who Play Soccer Weigh That Much. And On Top Of That They Be Runnin Thru The Whole Game, And The More You Run The Faster You Get

Last edited by anynameado; 07-05-2006 at 02:06 AM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '06 - away - #31
anynameado  space
avatar space
^ It speaks for itself
space
$3,620 | 2380002
experience_it said:
Ben Johnson broke the record using steroids.
And I highly doubt Sanders ran that fast.
PRIMETIME RAN THAT WHEN HE WAS PLAYING FOR THE FALCONS OR AT THE SCOUTIN COMBINE
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '06 - away - #32
anynameado  space
avatar space
^ It speaks for itself
space
$3,620 | 2380002
experience_it said:
Nah, they're not close, football players are faster.

Put them in a sprint and it wouldn't be close to the same.
YEAH OK LET ANY SOCCER PLAYER AND A NFL CENTER RACE AND LETS SEE WHO WIN
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '05 - away - #33
LookAtTheWheelz  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$807 | POWERFUL
Cutty Olds said:

How many players are on the firld for Soccer 5 at at time?
Either I dont know what your trying to say or your an idiot..
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '04 - away - #34
SHOWTIME  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$4,261 | 13810792
obviously the question was'nt worded right, if you factor in every position on the field and create averages of the whole team, then soccer players got this one by miles

but if you take the fastest of both sports, then i think its pretty damn close and you would have to be ignorant/biased/foolish (choose one) to try and say someone like odonkar from germany cant keep up with someone in the nfl, cus you just dont know...

we need actual sprint times, not some hand timed 40's or speculative a.ssumptions, the fastest soccer players have amazing 100m times just like the fastest nfl'ers,

but if i had to, id take the nfl's fastest over soccers fastest just cus their training focuses more so on explosiveness then on endurance
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '05 - away - #35
LookAtTheWheelz  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$807 | POWERFUL
anynameado said:
For All The People That Said Nfl Player Yall Stupid. You Gotta Think About It, The Nfl Have Players That Are 300+ Pounds And Aint Nobody Who Play Soccer Weigh That Much. And On Top Of That They Be Runnin Thru The Whole Game, And The More You Run The Faster You Get
On average soccer is faster but the fastest NFL players are faster than the fastest soccer players..

The more you run (stamina) doesnt make you faster.. Dudes who run the NYC marathon arent winning any sprints.. There is a difference between speed and endurance.. Soccer for the most part is endurance.. Being a wideout or a db is Speed..
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '05 - away - #36
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts space
avatar space
Yall can't live his life
space
$3,779 | 13262346
soccer easily i run a 4.4 and there are players faster then me on the field
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 02:59 AMclass of -  - #37
Mike Blitz  space
avatar space
space
$n/a |
Can I now pick neither of them. I bring forth another sport.

Rugby Union, 15 stone guys (minus or plus a few stone), destroy both of them, these have to always be at a line to recieve the ball. Theres no waiting around to get your breath back cause that would leave open a space for opposition to get past, they have high endurance and speed.
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '04 - away - #38
Cutty Olds  space
avatar space
Brorilla Monsoon
space
$9,810 | POWERFUL
anynameado said:
For All The People That Said Nfl Player Yall Stupid. You Gotta Think About It, The Nfl Have Players That Are 300+ Pounds And Aint Nobody Who Play Soccer Weigh That Much. And On Top Of That They Be Runnin Thru The Whole Game, And The More You Run The Faster You Get
No your the stupid one for making that a.ssumption just because of there weight and the sport they play....
they have 300 pound linemen yes but, what about the REST of the team? Mainly only Offensive linemen are that big...hell actually there are 300 pound linemen that YOU couldn't outrun.

They have linemen who run 5 minute miles and 4.5 to 4.8 40 yard dash times
it's not uncommon at all...
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '04 - away - #39
Cutty Olds  space
avatar space
Brorilla Monsoon
space
$9,810 | POWERFUL
Mike Blitz said:
Can I now pick neither of them. I bring forth another sport.

Rugby Union, 15 stone guys (minus or plus a few stone), destroy both of them, these have to always be at a line to recieve the ball. Theres no waiting around to get your breath back cause that would leave open a space for opposition to get past, they have high endurance and speed.
OH HELL NO...
Rugby guys ain't nuthing but LineBackers and Saftey's ...not to knock them but Football guys are easily more athletic overall ...I'd put

Ray Lewis, Zach Thomas,Joey Porter,Troy Pomomalu (sp), and John Lynch,
against ANY group of Rugby Players and watch them get sonned..

Oh and why do people think that American Football players have no endurance?
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 years agoclass of '04 - away - #40
Cutty Olds  space
avatar space
Brorilla Monsoon
space
$9,810 | POWERFUL
LookAtTheWheelz said:
Either I dont know what your trying to say or your an idiot..
it's a simple typo and your obviously the idiot if you can't figure out what I said...
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > BX SportsCenter
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
16 viewing
Video inside Little Boy On Morphine Tells His Mom How He Really Feels About His Fath..
87 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Image inside Did you know?
51 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Bow Wow Explains Why He And Erica Mena Live in His Mom's Basement
153 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Image inside HollyGrove: Young Thug Not Welcomed Here
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
10 viewing
NBA So Boxden, Who Wins the 2015 NBA Championship?
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Article inside This Year's Inevitable Madden NFL 16 Gets a Release Date
60 comments
@games
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Image inside Barter 6 the number 1 album in the bountry
253 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Image inside Right swipe that!
70 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Image inside 10 Heavily Guarded Places Around The World. Good luck with that bruh ..
56 comments
@wild'ish

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time