b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Who is faster? Soccer Players vs NFL Players

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

join bx

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
Poll results - Who is faster?
Soccer Players 51 46.79%
NFL Players 58 53.21%
Voters: 109. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only) [Click here to become a member]

Who is faster? Soccer Players vs NFL Players
 07-05-2006, 01:19 AMaway - #21
experience_it 

d 
space
$2,264 | 68016
Originally Posted by rikedizzle
id say they are close to the same
the faster soccer players are prob as fast as WRs and DBs
Nah, they're not close, football players are faster.

Put them in a sprint and it wouldn't be close to the same.
 07-05-2006, 01:20 AMaway - #22
Chicano_Flow 

d 
space
$1,584 | 3368077
Soccer players, cuz there legs is what they focus on exercising. To score a goal with high speed they need to train there legs to the max, they play for 90 + minutes just running back and forth.They need strong legs to last tha long and to kick the ball with high speeds.
 07-05-2006, 01:27 AMaway - #23
kenny 

d 
space
$234 | 121249
most of these people never played a day of soccer in their life but they seem so sure of themselves, the question was who is faster? soccer players or nfl players and the answer is soccer players because I've played both sport and I say this because in soccer from the defense to the offense is fast in football I'll give it to the rbs, dbs and safetys but thats where it stops, I was the fastest person on my freshman football team in high school and I had been playing soccer my whole life and they tried to make me a rb. If the question would have been who is stronger then it would be nfl players
 07-05-2006, 01:29 AMaway - #24
LookAtTheWheelz 

d 
space
$807 | POWERFUL
On average soccer players are a lot faster.. But the fastest of the NFL are faster than the fastest soccer players.. Just look at the people who run the 100m dash they look like wide recievers not soccer players..
 07-05-2006, 01:31 AMaway - #25
goke11429 3 heat pts

d 
space
$11,227 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Chicano_Flow
Soccer players, cuz there legs is what they focus on exercising. To score a goal with high speed they need to train there legs to the max, they play for 90 + minutes just running back and forth.They need strong legs to last tha long and to kick the ball with high speeds.
just based strength=football players
speed=soccer players, simply because there's a higher percentage of faster soccer players than football players...it's usually non stop,plus they also have to pace themselves dribling and protecting the ball plays a factor to their speed....there are some freak linemen(peppers,abraham....etc who could catch most rb's and wr's)

stupid question btw...it's like asking whose stronger a boxer or a wrestler

Originally Posted by LookAtTheWheelz
On average soccer players are a lot faster.. But the fastest of the NFL are faster than the fastest soccer players.. Just look at the people who run the 100m dash they look like wide recievers not soccer players..
same with football

u could look at samuel eto'o tell me he's not fit enough to play in the nfl or run 100 meter

or steven appiah

Last edited by goke11429; 07-05-2006 at 01:41 AM..
 07-05-2006, 01:33 AMaway - #26
ledyardfinest07 

d 
space
$153 | 3186
i think soccer cause they be runnin 45 mins a half thats 45 straight mins a half wit no timeouts come on now and to run up an down a field is crazy i give it to soccer
 07-05-2006, 02:22 AMaway - #27
LookAtTheWheelz 

d 
space
$807 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ledyardfinest07
i think soccer cause they be runnin 45 mins a half thats 45 straight mins a half wit no timeouts come on now and to run up an down a field is crazy i give it to soccer
Thats stamina not speed..
 07-05-2006, 02:32 AMaway - #28
LookAtTheWheelz 

d 
space
$807 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by goke11429

u could look at samuel eto'o tell me he's not fit enough to play in the nfl or run 100 meter

or steven appiah
Im not saying they arent fit enough.. Im just saying they arent as fast as people who train for bursts of speed like WR or DB.. Alot of these players even ran track in college...Darrell Green faster than any soccer player ever..believe..
 07-05-2006, 02:50 AMaway - #29
Cutty Olds 

d 
space
$9,090 | 20490988
Originally Posted by goke11429
just based strength=football players
speed=soccer players, simply because there's a higher percentage of faster soccer players than football players...it's usually non stop,plus they also have to pace themselves dribling and protecting the ball plays a factor to their speed....there are some freak linemen(peppers,abraham....etc who could catch most rb's and wr's)

stupid question btw...it's like asking whose stronger a boxer or a wrestler

same with football

or steven appiah
I agree with you this is a dumb question kinda but

How many players are on the firld for Soccer 5 at at time? Im not for sure But speed spots on the Football field are on Offense
WR = 2
RB = 1
FB = 1
TE = 1 (sometimes 2)

On Defense you have
LB = 2-3
FS = 1
SS = 2
DB = 2

so the percentage of "speedy" people on the field is about the same right?
But honestly your hit on the head by saying "This is like saying who's stronger a Boxer or a Wrestler"

Speed relies on the individual...not the sport that person is playing
 07-05-2006, 02:58 AMaway - #30
anynameado 

d 
space
$3,617 | 2380002
For All The People That Said Nfl Player Yall Stupid. You Gotta Think About It, The Nfl Have Players That Are 300+ Pounds And Aint Nobody Who Play Soccer Weigh That Much. And On Top Of That They Be Runnin Thru The Whole Game, And The More You Run The Faster You Get

Last edited by anynameado; 07-05-2006 at 03:06 AM..
 07-05-2006, 03:02 AMaway - #31
anynameado 

d 
space
$3,617 | 2380002
Originally Posted by experience_it
Ben Johnson broke the record using steroids.
And I highly doubt Sanders ran that fast.
PRIMETIME RAN THAT WHEN HE WAS PLAYING FOR THE FALCONS OR AT THE SCOUTIN COMBINE
 07-05-2006, 03:04 AMaway - #32
anynameado 

d 
space
$3,617 | 2380002
Originally Posted by experience_it
Nah, they're not close, football players are faster.

Put them in a sprint and it wouldn't be close to the same.
YEAH OK LET ANY SOCCER PLAYER AND A NFL CENTER RACE AND LETS SEE WHO WIN
 07-05-2006, 03:13 AMaway - #33
LookAtTheWheelz 

d 
space
$807 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Cutty Olds

How many players are on the firld for Soccer 5 at at time?
Either I dont know what your trying to say or your an idiot..
 07-05-2006, 03:14 AMaway - #34
SHOWTIME 

d 
space
$4,256 | 13810792
obviously the question was'nt worded right, if you factor in every position on the field and create averages of the whole team, then soccer players got this one by miles

but if you take the fastest of both sports, then i think its pretty damn close and you would have to be ignorant/biased/foolish (choose one) to try and say someone like odonkar from germany cant keep up with someone in the nfl, cus you just dont know...

we need actual sprint times, not some hand timed 40's or speculative a$sumptions, the fastest soccer players have amazing 100m times just like the fastest nfl'ers,

but if i had to, id take the nfl's fastest over soccers fastest just cus their training focuses more so on explosiveness then on endurance
 07-05-2006, 03:16 AMaway - #35
LookAtTheWheelz 

d 
space
$807 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by anynameado
For All The People That Said Nfl Player Yall Stupid. You Gotta Think About It, The Nfl Have Players That Are 300+ Pounds And Aint Nobody Who Play Soccer Weigh That Much. And On Top Of That They Be Runnin Thru The Whole Game, And The More You Run The Faster You Get
On average soccer is faster but the fastest NFL players are faster than the fastest soccer players..

The more you run (stamina) doesnt make you faster.. Dudes who run the NYC marathon arent winning any sprints.. There is a difference between speed and endurance.. Soccer for the most part is endurance.. Being a wideout or a db is Speed..
 07-05-2006, 03:19 AMonline - #36
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,628 | 12496691
soccer easily i run a 4.4 and there are players faster then me on the field
 07-05-2006, 03:59 AM - #37
Mike Blitz 

d 
space
$n/a |
Can I now pick neither of them. I bring forth another sport.

Rugby Union, 15 stone guys (minus or plus a few stone), destroy both of them, these have to always be at a line to recieve the ball. Theres no waiting around to get your breath back cause that would leave open a space for opposition to get past, they have high endurance and speed.
 07-05-2006, 03:59 AMaway - #38
Cutty Olds 

d 
space
$9,090 | 20490988
Originally Posted by anynameado
No your the stupid one for making that a$sumption just because of there weight and the sport they play....
they have 300 pound linemen yes but, what about the REST of the team? Mainly only Offensive linemen are that big...hell actually there are 300 pound linemen that YOU couldn't outrun.

They have linemen who run 5 minute miles and 4.5 to 4.8 40 yard dash times
it's not uncommon at all...
 07-05-2006, 04:03 AMaway - #39
Cutty Olds 

d 
space
$9,090 | 20490988
Originally Posted by Mike Blitz
Can I now pick neither of them. I bring forth another sport.

Rugby Union, 15 stone guys (minus or plus a few stone), destroy both of them, these have to always be at a line to recieve the ball. Theres no waiting around to get your breath back cause that would leave open a space for opposition to get past, they have high endurance and speed.
OH HELL NO...
Rugby guys ain't nuthing but LineBackers and Saftey's ...not to knock them but Football guys are easily more athletic overall ...I'd put

Ray Lewis, Zach Thomas,Joey Porter,Troy Pomomalu (sp), and John Lynch,
against ANY group of Rugby Players and watch them get sonned..

Oh and why do people think that American Football players have no endurance?
 07-05-2006, 04:06 AMaway - #40
Cutty Olds 

d 
space
$9,090 | 20490988
Originally Posted by LookAtTheWheelz
Either I dont know what your trying to say or your an idiot..
it's a simple typo and your obviously the idiot if you can't figure out what I said...

Video inside  Dec 21 - Police officer shot & killed in Florida
161 comments
Dec 21 - Police dispatch audio of two nypd officer shot
92 comments
Dec 20 - Enter The Winter Solstice: Shortest Day of the Year Ma..
51 comments
 Image(s) inside Godfather Fif Reacts To News Of 2 Police Officers Bein...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 190 comments - by Carlton Black
 Image(s) inside Get Ready Fellas! Our Prayers Being Answered? Nicki Mi...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 178 comments - by 187Proof
 Image(s) inside "i Guess Ya'll Can't Breathe Either"-the Gam...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 353 comments - by Bkjj11
  Man Quotes 50 Cent Lyrics After Shooting Two Nypd Offi...
New reply 41 minutes ago - 167 comments - by A.Dot789
 Article inside Bobby Shmurda Facing A Total Of 71 Years In Prison
New reply 15 minutes ago - 213 comments - by sdot216
 Image(s) inside How To Clean Up Nice (dress Shirts, Suits, Grown Man S...
New reply 43 minutes ago - 87 comments - by Jeff Roorda
 Video inside Can't Interview N!ggas - They Clowning With These Air ...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 63 comments - by Jeff Roorda
 Image(s) inside Q-tip Throwin Knowledge Darts At Iggy On Twitter
New reply 49 minutes ago - 176 comments - by ralph lauren

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,903 fans of BX | none new today 4,852 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.