b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

What would you change about the NBA?
whats popular right now

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter
  
    
          join bx

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 What would you change about the NBA?
topic by Dee Grande - 01-28-2009, 01:03 PM


Steve Aschburner of SI.com has a piece today involving the readers and their thoughts on what should be changed to make the NBA better.

A few of the suggested changes proposed by the readers include: playoffs, playground style; first-round byes in the playoffs; fix the dunk contest; end the flopping; and increasing pace ("Change the :24 clock to :20").

My vote goes for eliminating flopping and going back to five-games (from the current seven) in the first round of the playoffs.

What would you change, or add, to improve the game we all love?

http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2..._about_th.html
refs following the rules

players and coaches voting for mvp, roy, etc

> What would you change about the NBA? - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!



26 comments for "What would you change about the NBA?"


 01-28-2009, 01:09 PMaway - #2
joshdogg26 134 heat pts134

  d 
space
$25,088 | POWERFUL
definitely need to institute technicals for flopping (which i think they already bull####ted and said they were doing this year) and fines/suspensions for repeat offenders
 01-28-2009, 01:10 PMaway - #3
O Nasty 87 heat pts87

  d 
space
$18,925 | POWERFUL
loose ball fouls
 01-28-2009, 01:11 PMaway - #4
Unpredictable 

  d 
space
$485 | 462789
less fouls called and allowing hand checking. Its to easy for players to get to the foul line
 01-28-2009, 01:15 PMaway - #5
Kziatic 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$1,438 | 7706717
Originally Posted by joshdogg26
definitely need to institute technicals for flopping (which i think they already bull####ted and said they were doing this year) and fines/suspensions for repeat offenders
co-sign

Hockey has a diving rule, and so does soccer nba needs to follow, they should have a system like how they do technicals.



horrible
 01-28-2009, 01:28 PMaway - #6
Htown_Koopa 

  d 
space
$2,667 | POWERFUL
Officiate every player the same. Fukk all those "superstar" calls
 01-28-2009, 01:32 PMaway - #7
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10

  d 
space
$17,113 | POWERFUL
allow hand checking.
 01-28-2009, 01:37 PMaway - #8
NoLedge18720 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$19,639 | POWERFUL
like other people said...bring back the hand check
 01-28-2009, 01:40 PMaway - #9
tazbk 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$7,639 | 16180169
-Let's see, I'd shorten the season to about 60 games.

-I'd shorten the time off between games in the playoffs. Why does it take 2 and a half weeks to play the first round? why?

-I'd make the first two rounds best of 5 while the conference finals and NBA finals would be 7

-I'm sorry, holding your forearm in the back of an opponent while he's posting up is a FOUL. Call that #### every time. Handchecking is gay a$s defense, play straight up.
 01-28-2009, 01:42 PMaway - #10
The_Legend23 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,349 | 6525830
hire college refs.
Because you have to get mugged in college to get a shooting foul called and in the nba all u have to do is jump into a guy, that #### never gets u a call in college.
 01-28-2009, 02:08 PMaway - #11
PizzaFace07 

  d 
space
$1,123 | 0
i'd fix the BS officiating system
 01-28-2009, 02:47 PMaway - #12
djsmellie 

  d 
space
$6,504 | POWERFUL
Less Teams

NBA Is watered down
 01-28-2009, 03:03 PMaway - #13
youngral 

  d 
space
$5,802 | 10577109
First round 5 games
 01-28-2009, 03:03 PMaway - #14
primetime 60 heat pts60

  d 
space
$21,011 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by tazbk
-Let's see, I'd shorten the season to about 60 games.

-I'd shorten the time off between games in the playoffs. Why does it take 2 and a half weeks to play the first round? why?

-I'd make the first two rounds best of 5 while the conference finals and NBA finals would be 7

-I'm sorry, holding your forearm in the back of an opponent while he's posting up is a FOUL. Call that #### every time. Handchecking is gay a$s defense, play straight up.
why the #### would u limit the season to 60 games
 01-28-2009, 03:11 PMaway - #15
youngcipher 

  d 
space
$481 | 932787
Originally Posted by Kziatic
co-sign

Hockey has a diving rule, and so does soccer nba needs to follow, they should have a system like how they do technicals.



horrible
:applause:

Seriously...
that #### gotta stop
 01-28-2009, 03:15 PMaway - #16
Andym1731 

  d 
space
$1,020 | 2395060
Eliminate the bull#### hand check calls. You still call a foul when a player mugs a guy trying to go around him, but let a lot of that other nonsense go.
 01-28-2009, 03:18 PMaway - #17
NickJ Da Voice 

  d 
space
$3,406 | 8782327
AK47's flop was funny but it was b0gus at the same time

Git rid of the Zone
1st round 5 games
the officiating needs 2 check every game almost
 01-28-2009, 03:26 PMaway - #18
A.G 27 heat pts27

  d 
space
$36,980 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NickJ Da Voice
AK47's flop was funny but it was b0gus at the same time

Git rid of the Zone
1st round 5 games
the officiating needs 2 check every game almost
You get rid of the zone and you'll see player's playing 1 on 1 every damn game and scoring will go up because they can get to the rim damn near anytime they want.

Eliminate BS refereeing. Be consistent. I want to pull my hair out every time I see that mother####er Chris Paul acting like a 10 year old getting hit by a mack truck every time he runs into a defender.
 01-28-2009, 03:30 PMaway - #19
primetime 60 heat pts60

  d 
space
$21,011 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by str8_akademiks
You get rid of the zone and you'll see player's playing 1 on 1 every damn game and scoring will go up because they can get to the rim damn near anytime they want.

Eliminate BS refereeing. Be consistent. I want to pull my hair out every time I see that mother####er Chris Paul acting like a 10 year old getting hit by a mack truck every time he runs into a defender.
#### chris faul
 01-28-2009, 03:37 PMaway - #20
NoLedge18720 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$19,639 | POWERFUL
i just want to see some teams in the NBA actually press. I cant remember the last time I saw a press that worked in the NBA and even then they only do it at the end of games. The day I see a 2-2-1 press in the NBA I will be happy
 


 



NBA Signing Pau Gasol Was a Mistake (Bulls Writer Goes In)
79 comments
NBA Hawks make history
57 comments
NFL Aaron Rodgers named NFL MVP
63 comments
 NBA Players You Thought Would Be A Bust......but Werent
New reply 9 minutes ago - 108 comments - by NLSP42
  Bobbi Kristina Brown Found Unresponsive, Rushed To Hos...
New reply 40 minutes ago - 79 comments - by Blind Butchie
 Image(s) inside 50 Cent Getting At A$ap Rocky 😆😆ԅ...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 166 comments - by shellz386
 BOX "floyd Mayweather Jr. Vs Southpaws": Manny P...
New reply 47 minutes ago - 69 comments - by Kyu
 Video inside Professor Griff: Quincy Jones Asked Tupac To Fck Him I...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 122 comments - by baskeeyacht
 Video inside Songs You Were Surprised Didn't Blow Up To Become Majo...
New reply 58 minutes ago - 73 comments - by Hamesz
 Article inside Pusha T: 'notorious B.i.g. Was The Greatest Rapper Who...
New reply 31 minutes ago - 54 comments - by VA Prime
 NFL Cris Carter On Josh Gordon: 'i'm Only Going To Talk Ab...
New reply 1 hour ago - 63 comments - by Steve
last 48 hours

like bx on facebook


follow bx on twitter
5,931 fans of BX | none new today 4,905 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement   |   Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.