b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

What do yall know about the originator of #SmugLife? Vernon Maxwell

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 What do yall know about the originator of #SmugLife? Vernon Maxwell
topic by Free Trotty - 12-28-2012, 12:00 AM

PORTLAND, Ore. — Steve George, a 35-year-old fan sitting in Memorial Coliseum, has plans for Houston's Vernon Maxwell.

"Absolutely I'm pressing charges," George said as he held an ice pack on his left jaw Monday night. "He hit me square. . . . I was hit by an NBA player in the face while I was sitting in Row L and I'm not happy."

George and other witnesses said Maxwell charged into the stands and punched him in the third quarter of the Rockets' 120-82 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers.

"I'm a fan yelling about the game," Steve George said. "I was definitely riding Vernon, you know, 'Five points, four fouls, you're not having a good night.' I don't deserve to get hit in the face for that."
> What do yall know about the originator of #SmugLife? Vernon Maxwell - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Learnin the hard way

Dominique is a strapping 6-foot-6 sophomore at Gainesville Buchholz High where his dad was once a hero but the kid chose not to go out for basketball. Coaches pleaded but Dominique's mom told the Sun, "When he found out what his father did, he said he wanted in no way be like him."

Years ago, Myra would write postcards to Dominique and sign Vernon's name, so the boy would think his father cared.

Mad Max reached out once, but that had a foul odor. Vernon took third-grader Dominique for a blood test. He gave $40 to the child as hush money. Dominique told his mother anyway.
> What do yall know about the originator of #SmugLife? Vernon Maxwell - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Florida lost in the second round to Michigan. Maxwell, who had been warned there would be a drug test, flunked it and admitted to smoking marijuana before leaving Gainesville. If the Wolverines had been beaten, the Gators would've been disqualified.

Maxwell became the Gator career points leader (2,450), but his final two seasons were erased after athletic director Bill Arnsparger learned Vernon had accepted money from an agent. Mad Max averaged 18.8 per game.

Penalties came from the NCAA. Rumors were thick that Maxwell used cocaine before games, the Sun reported. Word was, coach Norm Sloan knew but refused to act. Sloan later admitted to Jack Hairston, then Sun sports editor, that - in a scoreless, hopeless Mad Max appearance against Tennessee - "he was drunk."

Anybody know where homie at right now?

He got 2 chips with the Rockets but thats all Wikipedia got for him.

7 comments for "What do yall know about the originator of #SmugLife? Vernon Maxwell"

12-28-2012, 02:08 AMonline - #2
jplaydadon 8 heat pts

d 
space
$4,184 | POWERFUL
nah, but i would love for a nice throwback to be made with that maxwell number 3 jersey. dude was a straight goon and defended jordan as good as anyone
 12-28-2012, 02:17 AMaway - #3
stogz 9 heat pts

d 
space
$27,742 | POWERFUL
mad max, x-man, anthony mason, rick mahorn, chris childs... all nba 1st team goon squad
 12-28-2012, 02:40 AMonline - #4
AC_89 65 heat pts65

d 
space
$20,070 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by stogz
mad max, x-man, anthony mason, rick mahorn, chris childs... all nba 1st team goon squad
chris childs was a goon?
 12-28-2012, 03:03 AMaway - #5
ZeusSlaps 458 heat pts458

d 
space
$17,445 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by stogz
Glove
 12-28-2012, 04:11 AMaway - #6
Crookz 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$11,397 | POWERFUL
Growing up as a knicks fan I had mad respect for Olajuwon and Drexler
But I ####ing hated maxwell, horry and cassell
 12-28-2012, 08:58 AMonline - #7
The Bully 195 heat pts195

d 
space
$33,051 | POWERFUL
mad max used to give jordan fits

i thought he punched dude because he was making fun of his sick daughter or something?
 12-28-2012, 09:01 AMaway - #8
Lavares 19 heat pts19

d 
space
$10,176 | POWERFUL
NBA Live 95 days on Sega Genesis....

Image inside  Dec 19 - Monster Three-foot “Rat” found in New York C..
102 comments
Dec 19 - STUDY: Men choose Internet pron over marriage for sex
82 comments
NBA Rondo era is over in Boston. RT @SportsCenter Celtics ag..
255 comments
 Video inside Ll Cool J And Canibus Performing 4,3,2,1 At Barclays
New reply 33 seconds ago - 87 comments - by RoyceDa59
 Image(s) inside Iggy Azalea Slams Azealia Banks, Calls Her A 'miserabl...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 139 comments - by all3rd
 BOX Roy Jones Jr. Dissing Floyd
New reply 41 seconds ago - 100 comments - by elferoz
 Image(s) inside Azealia Banks Ethers Action Bronson
New reply 10 minutes ago - 112 comments - by Frankybaby
  Anonymous Threatens Iggy Azalea To Apologize To Azeali...
New reply 1 minute ago - 179 comments - by KingMahaat
 NBA Grizzlies Assistant Gets His Car Stolen, Players Buy H...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 79 comments - by Agentzer0oo0
 Image(s) inside Bobby Shmurda & Gs9 Charged With 21 Counts Of Havi...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 303 comments - by sdot216
  Hopsin Quits Rapping
New reply 15 minutes ago - 157 comments - by BasedCali

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,901 fans of BX | none new today 4,846 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.