This is BX @ Boxden.com

What do yall know about the originator of #SmugLife? Vernon Maxwell

What do yall know about the originator of #SmugLife? Vernon Maxwell
topic by Free Trotty - 12-28-2012, 12:00 AM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

PORTLAND, Ore. — Steve George, a 35-year-old fan sitting in Memorial Coliseum, has plans for Houston's Vernon Maxwell.

"Absolutely I'm pressing charges," George said as he held an ice pack on his left jaw Monday night. "He hit me square. . . . I was hit by an NBA player in the face while I was sitting in Row L and I'm not happy."

George and other witnesses said Maxwell charged into the stands and punched him in the third quarter of the Rockets' 120-82 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers.

"I'm a fan yelling about the game," Steve George said. "I was definitely riding Vernon, you know, 'Five points, four fouls, you're not having a good night.' I don't deserve to get hit in the face for that."
> What do yall know about the originator of #SmugLife? Vernon Maxwell - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Learnin the hard way

Dominique is a strapping 6-foot-6 sophomore at Gainesville Buchholz High where his dad was once a hero but the kid chose not to go out for basketball. Coaches pleaded but Dominique's mom told the Sun, "When he found out what his father did, he said he wanted in no way be like him."

Years ago, Myra would write postcards to Dominique and sign Vernon's name, so the boy would think his father cared.

Mad Max reached out once, but that had a foul odor. Vernon took third-grader Dominique for a blood test. He gave $40 to the child as hush money. Dominique told his mother anyway.
> What do yall know about the originator of #SmugLife? Vernon Maxwell - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Florida lost in the second round to Michigan. Maxwell, who had been warned there would be a drug test, flunked it and admitted to smoking marijuana before leaving Gainesville. If the Wolverines had been beaten, the Gators would've been disqualified.

Maxwell became the Gator career points leader (2,450), but his final two seasons were erased after athletic director Bill Arnsparger learned Vernon had accepted money from an agent. Mad Max averaged 18.8 per game.

Penalties came from the NCAA. Rumors were thick that Maxwell used cocaine before games, the Sun reported. Word was, coach Norm Sloan knew but refused to act. Sloan later admitted to Jack Hairston, then Sun sports editor, that - in a scoreless, hopeless Mad Max appearance against Tennessee - "he was drunk."

Anybody know where homie at right now?

He got 2 chips with the Rockets but thats all Wikipedia got for him.

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

7 comments for "What do yall know about the originator of #SmugLife? Vernon Maxwell"

12-28-2012, 02:08 AMaway - #2
jplaydadon 8 heat pts

d 
space
$4,141 | POWERFUL
nah, but i would love for a nice throwback to be made with that maxwell number 3 jersey. dude was a straight goon and defended jordan as good as anyone
 12-28-2012, 02:17 AMaway - #3
stogz 9 heat pts

d 
space
$27,388 | POWERFUL
mad max, x-man, anthony mason, rick mahorn, chris childs... all nba 1st team goon squad
 12-28-2012, 02:40 AMaway - #4
AC_89 64 heat pts64

d 
space
$19,733 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by stogz
mad max, x-man, anthony mason, rick mahorn, chris childs... all nba 1st team goon squad
chris childs was a goon?
 12-28-2012, 03:03 AMaway - #5
ZeusSlaps 447 heat pts447

d 
space
$16,983 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by stogz
Glove
 12-28-2012, 04:11 AMaway - #6
Crookz 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$11,347 | POWERFUL
Growing up as a knicks fan I had mad respect for Olajuwon and Drexler
But I ####ing hated maxwell, horry and cassell
 12-28-2012, 08:58 AMaway - #7
The Bully 192 heat pts192

d 
space
$32,818 | POWERFUL
mad max used to give jordan fits

i thought he punched dude because he was making fun of his sick daughter or something?
 12-28-2012, 09:01 AMaway - #8
Lavares 19 heat pts19

d 
space
$10,086 | POWERFUL
NBA Live 95 days on Sega Genesis....

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Nov 26 - Cleveland police officer shot Tamir Rice imme..
54 comments
Nov 26 - Michael Brown's Mom: Darren Wilson Testimony Adds 'Ins..
69 comments
NFL What should RG3 upcoming 30 for 30 be called?
55 comments
 Image(s) inside Nov 25 - Officer Darren Wilson---i Did Nothing Wrong &...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 190 comments - by Carlton Black
  Pitchfork: "eminem's Music Has Been Unrelievedly ...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 147 comments - by mdemaz
 Article inside Action Bronson Says His Debut Album ‘mr. Wonderful’ Is...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 51 comments - by Witness101
 Image(s) inside Would You Smash Lil Jay00 Momma Or Keef Momma?
New reply 12 minutes ago - 57 comments - by Bighurt
 Image(s) inside Pharrell Williams: Why Aren’t We Talking About Michael...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 221 comments - by Carlton Black
 Image(s) inside :minimestopit:
New reply 20 minutes ago - 166 comments - by Ari Gold
 BOX Floyd "can I Remind You What Jmm Did To Pacman&qu...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 81 comments - by Ash10
 NFL Richard Sherman & Doug Baldwin Sh-tting On The Lea...
New reply 25 minutes ago - 71 comments - by Hoop Dreams

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,864 fans of BX | none new today 4,813 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.