This is BX @ Boxden.com

What do yall know about the originator of #SmugLife? Vernon Maxwell

What do yall know about the originator of #SmugLife? Vernon Maxwell
topic by Free Trotty - 12-27-2012, 11:00 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

PORTLAND, Ore. — Steve George, a 35-year-old fan sitting in Memorial Coliseum, has plans for Houston's Vernon Maxwell.

"Absolutely I'm pressing charges," George said as he held an ice pack on his left jaw Monday night. "He hit me square. . . . I was hit by an NBA player in the face while I was sitting in Row L and I'm not happy."

George and other witnesses said Maxwell charged into the stands and punched him in the third quarter of the Rockets' 120-82 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers.

"I'm a fan yelling about the game," Steve George said. "I was definitely riding Vernon, you know, 'Five points, four fouls, you're not having a good night.' I don't deserve to get hit in the face for that."
> What do yall know about the originator of #SmugLife? Vernon Maxwell - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Learnin the hard way

Dominique is a strapping 6-foot-6 sophomore at Gainesville Buchholz High where his dad was once a hero but the kid chose not to go out for basketball. Coaches pleaded but Dominique's mom told the Sun, "When he found out what his father did, he said he wanted in no way be like him."

Years ago, Myra would write postcards to Dominique and sign Vernon's name, so the boy would think his father cared.

Mad Max reached out once, but that had a foul odor. Vernon took third-grader Dominique for a blood test. He gave $40 to the child as hush money. Dominique told his mother anyway.
> What do yall know about the originator of #SmugLife? Vernon Maxwell - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Florida lost in the second round to Michigan. Maxwell, who had been warned there would be a drug test, flunked it and admitted to smoking marijuana before leaving Gainesville. If the Wolverines had been beaten, the Gators would've been disqualified.

Maxwell became the Gator career points leader (2,450), but his final two seasons were erased after athletic director Bill Arnsparger learned Vernon had accepted money from an agent. Mad Max averaged 18.8 per game.

Penalties came from the NCAA. Rumors were thick that Maxwell used cocaine before games, the Sun reported. Word was, coach Norm Sloan knew but refused to act. Sloan later admitted to Jack Hairston, then Sun sports editor, that - in a scoreless, hopeless Mad Max appearance against Tennessee - "he was drunk."

Anybody know where homie at right now?

He got 2 chips with the Rockets but thats all Wikipedia got for him.

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

7 comments for "What do yall know about the originator of #SmugLife? Vernon Maxwell"

12-28-2012, 01:08 AMaway - #2
jplaydadon 8 heat pts

d 
space
$4,079 | POWERFUL
nah, but i would love for a nice throwback to be made with that maxwell number 3 jersey. dude was a straight goon and defended jordan as good as anyone
 12-28-2012, 01:17 AMonline - #3
stogz 9 heat pts

d 
space
$26,897 | POWERFUL
mad max, x-man, anthony mason, rick mahorn, chris childs... all nba 1st team goon squad
 12-28-2012, 01:40 AMaway - #4
AC_89 64 heat pts64

d 
space
$19,142 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by stogz
mad max, x-man, anthony mason, rick mahorn, chris childs... all nba 1st team goon squad
chris childs was a goon?
 12-28-2012, 02:03 AMaway - #5
ZeusSlaps 427 heat pts427

d 
space
$15,928 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by stogz
Glove
 12-28-2012, 03:11 AMaway - #6
Crookz 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$11,197 | POWERFUL
Growing up as a knicks fan I had mad respect for Olajuwon and Drexler
But I ####ing hated maxwell, horry and cassell
 12-28-2012, 07:58 AMaway - #7
The Bully 180 heat pts180

d 
space
$31,805 | POWERFUL
mad max used to give jordan fits

i thought he punched dude because he was making fun of his sick daughter or something?
 12-28-2012, 08:01 AMaway - #8
Lavares 19 heat pts19

d 
space
$9,973 | POWERFUL
NBA Live 95 days on Sega Genesis....

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Oct 23 - Ebola in NYC
58 comments
Image inside  white girl got azz!!!!!!
65 comments
Image inside  Klay Thompson Still Winning Yoooooooooooooooooo!
132 comments
 NBA Jeanie Buss: ‘any Free Agent That Would Be Afraid To P...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 74 comments - by T.O.N.Y.
  Is There Any Rapper That Never "fell Off"?
New reply 17 minutes ago - 128 comments - by JewsusChrist
 Video inside Video Of The Interview That Set Off The 50/cam Beef (c...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 51 comments - by EZ Green
 NBA Shawn Kemp Top 10 Dunks (the Blake Griffin Of The 90s,...
New reply 29 minutes ago - 113 comments - by EZ Green
 Image(s) inside Oct 22 - Autopsy Reveals Michael Brown Reached For Off...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 359 comments - by theFREAK
  Tay600 Calls Interscope’s Decision To Drop Chief Keef ...
New reply 31 minutes ago - 98 comments - by GLOCKN SKIMASK
 Video inside Jay Z First Interview After Ether W Angie Martinez (yo...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 80 comments - by EZ Green
  Phil Spencer On Whether He Would Have Made Xbox One Mo...
New reply 42 minutes ago - 85 comments - by Da Ill One

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,797 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.